• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg
I straight up need Liu Kang vs Jago this season

Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh - Now this one's a bit more iffy. Doom vs Gil definitely became more popular in the last year, however Doom has more historically been matched-up against either Lex Luthor or Black Adam. That said, there are several points in favor of Gilgamesh fighting Doom this season over Lex and BA.

For one, the research team has confirmed Ben Singer and the other Death Battle producers have become aware of how much season 7 was "too Marvel & DC" and how while casual viewers were fine with it, the vs debating community wasn't. Second, Lex vs Doom might as well be Iron Man vs Lex 2.0: Broken AF Hax Edition. Doom is literally Tony but better by every conceivable metric in a vs fight to where it isn't funny. Third, the DB crew apparently really like Black Adam vs Apocalypse going off of Death Battle Cast, so they might just save BA for that match-up rather than making him a repeat character for Apocalypse if he fights Doom this season.

Lastly, it's actually debatable. Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night may get stomped, but Fate/Extra Gilgamesh and what's revealed to be the true power of a Living Gilgamesh in Fate/Grand Order is WILD and by far one of Doom's closer match-ups. Overall, I'd still have to give Doom vs Gilgamesh a 7/10 chance of happening this season.

Ur guys thoughts on this? got it from Reddit

When we say most Death Battle matches are stomps, there are stomps which are arguable/debatable, and those who are just so ugly it lowers attractiveness. From the conversation, Akame vs Ryuko is still way more interesting than Akame/Ryuko vs Shadow or Akame vs Killua.

And VSBW has a mere 7.5 times AP gap to determine stompiness means that a hell of matches will fall into stompy or even spiteful matchups. And guess what? Miles Morales vs Static (two kilotons of TNT vs four kilotons of TNT) and Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen (58 tons TNT vs 129 tons TNT) are considered not a stomp in AP gap (at least using only their data). Then RT just present it as if they are more stompy than other matchups.

Just my 2 cents.

Fate Gilgamesh vs SMITE Gilgamesh ovo
Jokes aside SMITE Gilgamesh gets stomped most likely if you use Fate/EXTRA and such. And that would probably be used for the same reasons as Z Broly. Also I don't know much about SMITE but judging by the sheer number of characters SMITE Gilgamesh probably won't have much to help him stand out.

Edit: Also, just from what I've seen, Doctor Doom is Gilgamesh's best matchup. From what I can see just from looking it up, Gil's matchups are mostly whos, people with barely any connections and Marvel Thor. Gilgamesh's best non-Doctor Doom matchup is probably Algol from Soul Calibur.

Last edited:
And VSBW has a mere 7.5 times AP gap to determine stompiness means that a hell of matches will fall into stompy or even spiteful matchups. And guess what? Miles Morales vs Static (two kilotons of TNT vs four kilotons of TNT) and Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen (58 tons TNT vs 129 tons TNT) are considered not a stomp in AP gap (at least using only their data). Then RT just present it as if they are more stompy than other matchups.
It still a stomp dude
We can argue how big the gap or how less it is but it's still a stomp
Batgirl vs Gwen was Stomp everyone saw coming even casuals

When we say most Death Battle matches are stomps, there are stomps which are arguable/debatable, and those who are just so ugly it lowers attractiveness. From the conversation, Akame vs Ryuko is still way more interesting than Akame/Ryuko vs Shadow or Akame vs Killua.

I still think Shadow vs. Ryuko could be a good moneymaker as well as interesting if you look at it, like what I said on the DB Discord:

"I think Shadow vs. Ryuko could be sweet animation wise. Especially if you make it a pixel fight with 2D animation sprinkled in (Like Mob vs. Tatsumaki). The fight can show their strong points: Shadow's combat experience vs. Ryuko's ruthless aggression in-sync with Senketsu's assitance, Ryuko using her speed to avoid Chaos Spears and her struggle with Chaos Control, Shadow dealing with the various Senketsu various forms, and Super Shadow vs. Kisaragi Ryuko."

Jokes aside SMITE Gilgamesh gets stomped most likely if you use Fate/EXTRA and such. And that would probably be used for the same reasons as Z Broly. Also I don't know much about SMITE but judging by the sheer number of characters SMITE Gilgamesh probably won't have much to help him stand out.

Edit: Also, just from what I've seen, Doctor Doom is Gilgamesh's best matchup. From what I can see just from looking it up, Gil's matchups are mostly whos, people with barely any connections and Marvel Thor. Gilgamesh's best non-Doctor Doom matchup is probably Algol from Soul Calibur.
He overpowered tiamat who oneshot cthuhu who soloed the rest of the verse with a fraction of his power

I still think Shadow vs. Ryuko could be a good moneymaker as well as interesting if you look at it, like what I said on the DB Discord:

"I think Shadow vs. Ryuko could be sweet animation wise. Especially if you make it a pixel fight with 2D animation sprinkled in (Like Mob vs. Tatsumaki). The fight can show their strong points: Shadow's combat experience vs. Ryuko's ruthless aggression in-sync with Senketsu's assitance, Ryuko using her speed to avoid Chaos Spears and her struggle with Chaos Control, Shadow dealing with the various Senketsu various forms, and Super Shadow vs. Kisaragi Ryuko."
this mans gets it
also the fights needs to be at least around Cable vs Booster Gold length

If for some reason Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing:

446741ca-0da8-4bde-9b04-82537888cc60

013.png

d92fi6q-c08c5d2d-5f68-407f-b311-b4823898c4df.png

Gilgamesh vs Reinhard because I really, REALLY want to see Reinhard throw his damn spear one of these days.

Gilgamesh vs Gilgamesh because....same name?

and Gilgamesh vs The Emperor of Mankind because they both wish to lead humanity away from gods, both are gold armoured hypocritical assholes, and I like the idea of mankind's first king vs its last emperor (and I want 40k in.)

That is really good looking.

Although i do think that Aku vs Majora would be a more interesting match.
I am sure both Afro and Jack will be very glad if Aku fights (and loses to) Majora. Not so sure about Link.

It still a stomp dude
We can argue how big the gap or how less it is but it's still a stomp
Batgirl vs Gwen was Stomp everyone saw coming even casuals
How you are defining stomps though?

And my point that "a degree of the stompiness of a matchup lowers the fun of the matchup" still applies. Yes many matchups are stompy matches with varying degrees of gap in physiques and hax, and this degree itself is not the sole factor of determining the fun of a show. But it still stands a match where one character can at least throw back some punches is still generally more entertaining than a matchup where there is no value of watching as if the match ends before the fight starts. Other factors exist, like introduction of a verse one likes, a verse one never knew one likes, matchups where close connections are significant, etc.

Say for example Vegeta vs Ken Masters is boring because Ken can do really nothing against Vegeta despite arguably both Vegeta and Ken are rivals to the main primary protagonists in their verses. And Ryuko vs Cutie Honey (Re version only) is more interesting than Ryuko or Akame vs Killua.

Hope people can get my point.

If for some reason Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing:

446741ca-0da8-4bde-9b04-82537888cc60

013.png

d92fi6q-c08c5d2d-5f68-407f-b311-b4823898c4df.png

Gilgamesh vs Reinhard because I really, REALLY want to see Reinhard throw his damn spear one of these days.

Gilgamesh vs Gilgamesh because....same name?

and Gilgamesh vs The Emperor of Mankind because they both wish to lead humanity away from gods, both are gold armoured hypocritical assholes, and I like the idea of mankind's first king vs its last emperor (and I want 40k in.)
Literally neither has a chance of happening due to there obscurity
Doom is literally his best shot at getting in and increasing Fate Reps to appear

Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh - Now this one's a bit more iffy. Doom vs Gil definitely became more popular in the last year, however Doom has more historically been matched-up against either Lex Luthor or Black Adam. That said, there are several points in favor of Gilgamesh fighting Doom this season over Lex and BA.

For one, the research team has confirmed Ben Singer and the other Death Battle producers have become aware of how much season 7 was "too Marvel & DC" and how while casual viewers were fine with it, the vs debating community wasn't. Second, Lex vs Doom might as well be Iron Man vs Lex 2.0: Broken AF Hax Edition. Doom is literally Tony but better by every conceivable metric in a vs fight to where it isn't funny. Third, the DB crew apparently really like Black Adam vs Apocalypse going off of Death Battle Cast, so they might just save BA for that match-up rather than making him a repeat character for Apocalypse if he fights Doom this season.

Lastly, it's actually debatable. Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night may get stomped, but Fate/Extra Gilgamesh and what's revealed to be the true power of a Living Gilgamesh in Fate/Grand Order is WILD and by far one of Doom's closer match-ups. Overall, I'd still have to give Doom vs Gilgamesh a 7/10 chance of happening this season.

Ur guys thoughts on this? got it from Reddit
It's a 50% situation for me
Doom vs Gil is heavily requested and is a good fight, but on the other hand season 8 is a season full of matches with history, and if Doom was historically matched-up against Lex, then i think that he will fight him, unfortunately
I'm ignoring Black Adam because he'll most likely fight Apocalypse

Doom vs Lex has too many problems, and Season 8 is also for characters who are long overdue, such as Gilgamesh.

It's not like Doom vs Lex is a popular matchup, it's just considered a generic Marvel vs DC matchup for Doom and Lex.

Last edited:
Ben established 3 types of matchups that fit in Season 8:

• Matchups with history/long-running requests
  • Matchups that have generated a lot of discussion/debate
  • Matchups the Death Battle crew have wanted to tackle for a while

also a reminder it was mentioned that there is an episode being worked on that involved a "Manga/Comics only" character that has little to no animation to work off of, and they had to learn a new method of animation to make the fight work.
Reposting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back