• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm hold on
Apperently folks still believes this leak that was first spoiled on /Co/ a few months back
Kratos vs Drax
Dio vs Alucard
Zatana vs Scarlet Witch
Star vs Steven
Galactus vs Unicron

Bill vs Discord
Akame vs Killua
Joker vs Giorno
Link vs Cloud 2
Micheal vs Jason
Megatron vs Vilgax
iron Fist vs Po
Antman vs Atom
Dexter vs Jimmy
Shadow vs Ryuko
Macho Man vs Kool Aid Man

Maka vs Ruby
Homer vs Peter
Jenny vs Robot Boy
this fake leak IIRC posted pages back the only fights that are likely to happen

IIRC One Punch Man eventually becomes as meta as Medaka Box and Saitama actually gets a "Stronger than whoever he fights and resists all their abilities" power

Honestly, Medaka vs Saitama would probably be the Saitama match that would be the least of a shitshow. Medaka would win via hax (I know she has higher AP but the main point here is she wouldn't need that AP advantage to win) and a lot of the "Saitama can beat anyone because he's a comedy character/the main protagonist/he's supposed to" arguments would also apply to Medaka, debatably even more so. Saitama getting outhaxxed instead of outmuscled would probably be way more acceptable for the OPM fanbase.
Eh, they're both parody characters, but Medaka has a slightly more serious tone. She definitely has the hax to easily put Saitama down, though

Also, Medaka Box is a lot less considerate of the 4th Wall in the story.

One Punch Man: Man, this guy is clearly stronger than everybody in universe, but the world around him treats it seriously like a proper Shonen story.

Medaka Box: Let's have our main villain list off nearly 20 other manga protagonists when trying to win over a side character and have her say word for word "I'll end this manga before the anime starts."

"There are a bunch of different kinds of matchups we are doing, but the general idea is that they all have some sort of history with us. So, that includes suggestions that have been popular for many, many years, including some that have been suggested since day one, matchups that we're passionate about, big fights between some of the most demanded characters of all time and maybe even a long awaited and highly requested rematch."

28:45

So we could get matches that are more of internal reference.

I kinda like that, at least one or two weird matches make a season for me. I mean season 7 only really had Goro v Machamp, the others felt kinda normal besides maybe RvB but meta v Carolina already did that.

I mean Sam Fischer is forgotten about by now but his match is still great, matches like Scrooge vs Knight weren’t asked for but were neat enough to work on their own.

Once again, Cloud vs Link was just possibly wrong. Master Chief vs Doomguy needs a rematch way more considering DOOM's had two games with major changes to the original since the fight.

Cloud vs Link rematch confirmed?
pretty much at this point
there both characters most popular matchup along with being a heavily requested rematch plus it was the show first 3D fight
Once again, Cloud vs Link was just possibly wrong. Master Chief vs Doomguy needs a rematch way more considering DOOM's had two games with major changes to the original since the fight.
well better hope to see it next year cause i doubt there gonna do two remakes in on seasons unless there's some surprises in store

Why do people keep requesting Link vs Cloud 2? The only real significance it has as a DB match is being the first 3D animated match. Neither one has really gotten anything new (At least anything important) since then, and it's not like they used some sort of non-canon comic series for either and can use that as an excuse.

Last edited:
I mean it being the first kinda helps it, the scaling for both likely would have been completely re-worked by the rematch.

Doomguy vs Chief feels a tad less thematic now anyway counting the modern Doomslayer since he feels less like a Marine and more like an unstoppable Demigod.
He should fight another Berserker with a wide arsenal, not MC again.

I mean DB might still use it, I know the penny feat was calced for the part before her Maiden powers were used, but it seems lower then the stuff given for Soul Eater.

I mean it being the first kinda helps it, the scaling for both likely would have been completely re-worked by the rematch.

Doomguy vs Chief feels a tad less thematic now anyway counting the modern Doomslayer since he feels less like a Marine and more like an unstoppable Demigod.
He should fight another Berserker with a wide arsenal, not MC again.
while chief has Samus as an alternative, Doomguy don't really have anybody else

Why do people keep requesting Link vs Cloud 2? The only real significance it has as a DB match is being the first 3D animated match. Neither one has really gotten anything new (At least anything important) since then, and it's not like they used some sort of non-canon comic series for either and can use that as an excuse.
My two cents:
Being a Season 1 episode the research was pretty bare bones and, to put it somehow, "reductionist" of how they measured up. They stuck to the very basic aspects of Link and Cloud, but handwaved most of their other important tools and brushed them aside (Limit Breaks were mentioned but not analyzed, Materia was diseregarded, Link's items, his many techniques and powers were barely mentioned) and this was still the times were DB didn't really fully compared stats, simply said "Bob had this incredibly impresive feat, which is unlikely Steve can match" and didn't bother researching further (for example, they mentioned Link thanks to the Golden Gauntlets can lift, and by extension according to them take 3000 tons of force, which surpasses Cloud's strength, but later they found out Cloud has a 3.500 ton of force feat. Regardless if this is correct or not, you get my point regarding the research itself), speed and durability weren't brought up. They also brought up weaknesses that are incorrect for both.

I think it has less to do with Link and Cloud having changed in this time or the veredict being right or wrong. IMO, it's more of revisiting the episode and giving a second analysis now that VS debating has come a long way since Season 1 when very few knew how to do so properly and DB itself can do a much more througout and detaled work in that regard, even if the result is the same.

someone pointed this out
"Another thing is that all the matchups are supposedly worthy of being a season premiere or a season finale."
let's see can they back it up
Well I am confident they cannot. (Oh they have Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie for a reason...) And better so such that I will be less prone to riot when things turn bad.

It ill take a while since Ruby’s highest feat is getting removed.
The Grimm feat? Mind quoting links?

We can see Cloud vs Link and Master Chief vs Doomguy as a rematch/reexamination.

Something interesting: A new Community Death Battle

Helicarrier (Marvel Comics) vs Delphinus (Skies of Arcadia)

I agree that they can’t put out like 15-19 finale level fights, and the statement was probably referring to the matchups anyway.
Though considering how it starts at March as opposed to January like the last season, it definitely seems like they want this to be above average.

I agree that they can’t put out like 15-19 finale level fights, and the statement was probably referring to the matchups anyway.
Though considering how it starts at March as opposed to January like the last season, it definitely seems like they want this to be above average.
Indeed the point is Ben definitely wants each episode to be high quality

What are the caveats of the CDB? Just the ships with a neutral crew? Or the usual crews? Because if it's the usual crews, then Delphinus wins with the ridiculous summons the Skies of Arcadia crew can pull off

What are the caveats of the CDB? Just the ships with a neutral crew? Or the usual crews? Because if it's the usual crews, then Delphinus wins with the ridiculous summons the Skies of Arcadia crew can pull off
The cast says if you give to Delphinus the usual crews for SOA (I mean the full Blue Rogue), then you may also have to give to Helicarrier all the SHIELDS and the X-Force and the Avengers as well, making the battle Blue Rogue vs Avengers.

So as neutral and "non-superhuman yet notable crew" as possible. Like Nick Fury can be allowed for Helicarrier.

Then Helicarrier may still win due to island busting Moonstone Cannon compared to Helicarrier being destroyed by "an arrow" (from Hawkeye, who can paralyse THE Hulk btw). But I wonder if the Quinjets and the Chitauri-busting nukes are really standard arsenals of Helicarrier.

So it will be a battle of how long the Helicarrier can hide itself and send the Quinjets to nuke the Delphinus (if the nukes could even blast it off) before Delphinus one-shot the Helicarrier with Moonstone Cannon or just a "random" firing.

Last edited:
ddxcliu-540e2a65-df3d-4ab0-97d2-51c0591f1c19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back