• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I wanna see Copen vs Batman just so DC loses to something that isn't Marvel.

Honestly, one of the Bat Family is probably the best chance of DC losing to a non-Marvel character.

Kinda is bull, ngl... I mean, not one match outside of Marvel, really?
Well now I wanna see Copen vs Batman just so DC loses to something that isn't Marvel.

Honestly, one of the Bat Family is probably the best chance of DC losing to a non-Marvel character.
Batman still has Inspector Gadget (as a hand drawn battle) & Moon Knight (Marvel Comics) (as a live action battle and yes another capecrap Marvel vs DC). And Deathstroke may fight Snake-Eyes (Comic) but is likely another DC victory - OR Deathstroke fights Taskmaster (Marvel Comics) who is, you knew it - Marvel vs DC.

Yeah, someone casuals have barely heard of since Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Bat Girl have been used.
We have Tim Drake and Damian Wayne. And Katherine Kane and Cassandra Cain. And Alfred Pennysworth. Alfred Pennysworth is ready to die upon most of fictional combat butlers (possibly including Sebastian Michaelis, Sebas Tian and Hayate Ayasaki - not to mention Ronove). (AFAIK Batman is only City Block level with his suit and gadgets and standard Alfred has no batsuit.)

Last edited:
Batman still has Inspector Gadget (as a hand drawn battle) Moon Knight (Marvel Comics) (as a live action battle and yes another capecrap Marvel vs DC). And Deathstroke may fight Snake-Eyes (Comic) but is likely another DC victory - OR Deathstroke fights Taskmaster (Marvel Comics) who is, you knew it - Marvel vs DC.

We have Tim Drake and Damian Wayne. And Katherine Kane and Cassandra Cain. And Alfred Pennysworth. Alfred Pennysworth is ready to die upon most of fictional combat butlers (possibly including Sebastian Michaelis, Sebas Tian and Hayate Ayasaki - not to mention Ronove). (AFAIK Batman is only City Block level with his suit and gadgets and standard Alfred has no batsuit.)
We could sacrifice Damian to Killua since I don't think many people like Damian anyway, but that means Akame's match is taken away.

Rey vs Korra has a shot
Rey vs Korra in a nutshell:

Rey: I am all Jedi!

Korra: I am all Avatar!

But who has more chance to win? I think it is Rey with all Jedi.

I think DC street characters seldom have non-Marvel matchups. It may be the chance for non-Marvel characters to win against a DC character.

Simon beats Kyle though. And there are some non-marvel characters that never should've lost their DB vs a DC character, but that's a debate for later.
Simon vs Kyle is a debate on its own. Oh Two-Face (Post-Crisis) vs Handsome Jack is actually one matchup where non-Marvel wins over DC.

Storm vs Mera... most likely do not work. But Storm dies to Weather Report anyway.

That said, how comfortable you are scaling KOS-MOS and Shulk to Wave Existence?
(I really see KOS-MOS vs Noel Vermillion a more debatable and interesting matchup than Noel vs Aigis AND KOS-MOS vs Mega Man X and Noel vs KOS-MOS frees up Aigis and Mega Man X against other more interesting enemies.
I see Rooster Teeth wants to make more interesting matchups than matchups whose fights end before they start.)

I do not quite agree why Saitama is fitting against Squirrel Girl. Saitama does have close to no hax, does not look like a squirrel, well he is not even a gag character. Saitama vs Krillin (powerful baldhead male protagonists) / vs Axe Cop (physically powerful non-gag character vs physically powerful gag character) / vs Popeye (primary male protagonists who are notable for being physically ridiculously strong) / vs Superman (primary male protagonists who are notable for being physically ridiculously strong) / vs Shiki Tohno (primary male protagonists who are notable for being able to defeat opponents in one attack) looks more fitting.

Rey vs Korra in a nutshell:

Rey: I am all Jedi!

Korra: I am all Avatar!

But who has more chance to win? I think it is Rey with all Jedi.

I think DC street characters seldom have non-Marvel matchups. It may be the chance for non-Marvel characters to win against a DC character.
Rey vs Korra as a Death Battle of Mary Sues legendary primary female protagonists and an augmented matchup of Aang vs Luke Skywalker sound interesting. Also, depending on how good Korra is tapping into previous Avatars vs how good Rey is tapping into fallen Jedi the verdict may change a lot.

Oh Rey vs Korra also frees up Storm against Mera or Weather Report.

Oh more people are actually trying to debunk question Sanji vs Rock Lee with solid reasons. Beside my effort.

Any reasoning as to why Ren Amamiya is 2-B by this? Like not 2-C or 2-A or Low 1-C but 2-B?
(And calling Ren Amamiya by Akira Kurusu is like calling Makoto Yuki by Sakuya Shiomi and Yu Narukami by Souji Seta)

Last edited:
Simon vs Kyle is a debate on its own. Oh Two-Face (Post-Crisis) vs Handsome Jack is actually one matchup where non-Marvel wins over DC.

Storm vs Mera... most likely do not work. But Storm dies to Weather Report anyway.

That said, how comfortable you are scaling KOS-MOS and Shulk to Wave Existence?
(I really see KOS-MOS vs Noel Vermillion a more debatable and interesting matchup than Noel vs Aigis AND KOS-MOS vs Mega Man X and Noel vs KOS-MOS frees up Aigis and Mega Man X against other more interesting enemies.
I see Rooster Teeth wants to make more interesting matchups than matchups whose fights end before they start.)

I do not quite agree why Saitama is fitting against Squirrel Girl. Saitama does have close to no hax, does not look like a squirrel, well he is not even a gag character. Saitama vs Krillin (powerful baldhead male protagonists) / vs Axe Cop (physically powerful non-gag character vs physically powerful gag character) / vs Popeye (primary male protagonists who are notable for being physically ridiculously strong) / vs Superman (primary male protagonists who are notable for being physically ridiculously strong) / vs Shiki Tohno (primary male protagonists who are notable for being able to defeat opponents in one attack) looks more fitting.

Rey vs Korra as a Death Battle of Mary Sues legendary primary female protagonists and an augmented matchup of Aang vs Luke Skywalker sound interesting. Also, depending on how good Korra is tapping into previous Avatars vs how good Rey is tapping into fallen Jedi the verdict may change a lot.

Oh more people are actually trying to debunk question Sanji vs Rock Lee with solid reasons. Beside my effort.

Any reasoning as to why Ren Amamiya is 2-B by this? Like not 2-C or 2-A or Low 1-C but 2-B?
(And calling Ren Amamiya by Akira Kurusu is like calling Makoto Yuki by Sakuya Shiomi and Yu Narukami by Souji Seta)
Makoto Yuki? You probably meant Minato Arisato?

I don't think Rey will have any Legend SW feats. Unlike Luke Skywalker, who is broken in Legend, Rey only appeared in Canon SW. We cannot assume that Rey is calling Legend broken Luke in the battle against her grandpa. Also, I think the ongoing Avatar novels will increase her abilities since Avatar automatically get all abilities of all previous avatars.

I have found that Sanji's speed has been a major debate.

Last edited:
I don't think Rey will have any Legend SW feats. Unlike Luke Skywalker, who is broken in Legend, Rey only appeared in Canon SW. We cannot assume that Rey is calling Legend broken Luke in the battle against her grandpa. Also, I think the ongoing Avatar novels will increase her abilities since Avatar automatically get all abilities of all previous avatars.
Remember Korras connection to the previous avatars got cut in the last season.

Why would Storm fight Weather report when thats not a requested matchup nor folks know who he is
Jojo fans have already known him at Season 6 manga and we know him from his VBW profile. And a Marvel vs non-DC storm and weather manipulator protagonists are super clear and notable close connections.

More outside folks will know who Weather Report is by JJBA Season 6 anime anyway. And by then they will see this as a popular matchup.

I just got to say, good on you for always going back and sourcing the names of the characters!
If we do not quote characters links or mentioning character full names we will see cases like Ninjago Lloyd mistaken as Lloyd Irving Lloyd. We have just seen it.

jojo fans have already known him at Season 6 manga and we know him from his VBW profile. And a Marvel vs non-DC storm and weather manipulator protagonists are super clear and notable close connections.

More outside folks will know who Weather Report is by JJBA Season 6 anime anyway. And by then they will see this as a popular matchup.
we don't even know when they'll even announce a JJBA part 6 anime and even then Storm has other popular options as well

Kratos vs Dante

Another thing is that both series had ended up in hiatus for a long time, only for return back in the field around the same time with their new games.

In 2018 we had God of War 4, in 2019 we had Devil May Cry 5.
not to mention it revitalize both franchises popularity
And that DBX episode needs redemption by making it a real Death Battle. The verdict of who would win is up to discussion as well. So unlike some other DBX episode this deserves to be an episode on its own.

That said, Ezio vs Prince deserves to be redeemed by being made a Death Battle episode as well. And since there is an argument outside on Dio vs Alucard they will be revived as a regular Death Battle episode as well. I am talking DBX episodes worthy of being turned into real Death Battle episodes.

we don't even know when they'll even announce a JJBA part 6 anime and even then Storm has other popular options as well
Like... Storm (Marvel) vs Mera (DC)? Storm vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat)? Storm vs Stormfront (The Boys)? Storm vs Korra (ATLA) (but Korra has Rey)?

Interesting, so I guess it depends on how much they scale Broly to Universal and characters like Beerus and Goku.
They scaled Beerus to 9x Universal but if they go by multipliers and how much stronger Goku got since Battle of Gods, he could be extremely higher into that tier then what they gave Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back