• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any consensus for how much AP difference it takes for a character to be unable to harm another in death battle?
Like, a tier 7 with MFTL+ speed vs a High 6-B with massively hypersonic speed would either become an incon due to one being impossible to hit and the other impossible to harm or a stamina battle without good dura neg on 7-B's side.
Would they give Deku the W if he had massively AP stomp worthy advantage even if Asta was absurdly faster?

Is there any consensus for how much AP difference it takes for a character to be unable to harm another in death battle?
Like, a tier 7 with MFTL+ speed vs a High 6-B with massively hypersonic speed would either become an incon due to one being impossible to hit and the other impossible to harm or a stamina battle without good dura neg on 7-B's side.
Would they give Deku the W if he had massively AP stomp worthy advantage even if Asta was absurdly faster?
According to G1 Blog Deku with 45% is already around 2x stronger which to me was made out to be quite a big deal, and it emphasizes 100% being 4x stronger. He also has shockwaves which Asta can't dodge. Even in speed, Deku is considered faster when traveling. So with Deku being far stronger and having better AOE + abilities, it cancels out Astas biggest advantage, speed in combat, even if it's 100s of times difference.

If my memory serves right, one one of the podcasts someone said that with enough AP, and if the opposition lacks hax, speed won't help much.

frankly here i look at

AP: Playing lowball here the highest they go without getting into high end range

Deku: 8.7 Gigatons vs Asta: 358-538.047 Gigatons range

playing low ball game Asta still merks if one wants to stick to City/Island range

how bout Highball

Deku: 2.86 Teratons vs Asta: 1.3-33 Teratons

Meaning Deku only stands a chance if limit Asta to 1.3 Teratons but frankly that's a lowball and we know he get higher given multipliers n such let alone being far stronger then he was when he scaled to the feat

Speed: it no brainer Deku relies on benefit of the doubt to be relativistic when majority of the series don't even get out of being MHS while Asta has tons of arguments dating back to the earlier starts of the series when he was at that level and keeping up with characters who are Lightspeed and far surpassed it being in the FTL range and upscales from there

its Rela at best vs Rela at worst which ain't helping Deku

overall Asta just has stronger case of a W then Deku

Hell not even factoring how Deku can't withstand 100% for long so really in terms of stamina and endurance Asta has it cour with the massive speed advantage

Little thing I meant to ask before but since they were willing to give Sauron the One Ring you think they would give GOW Zeus the Blade of Olympus? It fills the same sorta parameters of despite not having it for most of the series they created it and poured a bunch of their own power into it.

Alright, so I might do a chart for Megaten MUs, if anyone has any ideas, pass em by and I'll probably add them to a chart
Eventually
Jack Frost vs Cirno (Touhou)
Flynn vs Luminary (Dragon Quest)
Raidou Kuzunoha the XIVth vs John Constantine (DC)
Alice vs Flandre (Touhou)
Demi-Fiend vs Spawn (Image Comics)
Nahobino vs Firestorm (DC)/MegaMan.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)
Lucifer vs Lucemon (Digimon)
Tadano Hitonari vs Doomslayer (DOOM)

If you're counting Persona:
Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba (Digimon)
Chie vs Mako (Kill la Kill)
Tatsuya vs Squall (Final Fantasy)
Joker vs Giorno (JJBA)
Yoshikage Kira (JJBA) vs Tohru Adachi
Makoto vs Tifa (Final Fantasy)
Aegis vs Noel (Blazblue)

Jack Frost vs Cirno (Touhou)
Flynn vs Luminary (Dragon Quest)
Raidou Kuzunoha the XIVth vs John Constantine (DC)
Alice vs Flandre (Touhou)
Demi-Fiend vs Spawn (Image Comics)
Nahobino vs Firestorm (DC)/MegaMan.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)
Lucifer vs Lucemon (Digimon)
Tadano Hitonari vs Doomslayer (DOOM)

If you're counting Persona:
Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba (Digimon)
Chie vs Mako (Kill la Kill)
Tatsuya vs Squall (Final Fantasy)
Joker vs Giorno (JJBA)
Yoshikage Kira (JJBA) vs Tohru Adachi
Makoto vs Tifa (Final Fantasy)
Aegis vs Noel (Blazblue)
I'm counting both mainline SMT and Megaten like persona, devil summoner, and devil survivor
I've also gotten some suggestions and had some discussion with Joycap, so I'll take what he said into consideration for the chart tol

Connections for the latter half
Okina vs Stephen:
Enigmatic and seemingly (wheel)chair bound godly video game bosses fought in an extradimensional realm, and have links to Buddhism (Stephen essentially becoming a Buddha by ascending above the cycle of transmigration and Okina being based off the Buddhist god Matara-jin), and become more OP after standing up from their chairs.

Flandre vs Alice:
Both are long lived (technically long dead in Alice's case) girls of demonic/youkaic origins with the minds and bodies of young children. More than anything, both want to find people to make friends and play with. Unfortunately for their prospective playmates, Alice's idea of making friends involves them literally dying for her, while Flandre's destructive power usually ends up breaking the targets of her attention. That said, the girls' needs are attended to 24/7 by their personal caretakers (Flandre's older sister Remilia and the Demons Belial & Nebiros, who Alice views as her uncles), who are generally responsible for preventing their wards from leaving their homes by granting them a steady supply of deathly friends and blood based meals. The destructive magic they both possess can be properly controlled and put to good use with the right guidance, however, as Alice has been recruited by various summoners across the SMT series to aid them in combat, while Flandre was personally hired and trained by Okina Matara to defeat Yuuma Toutetsuin during the events of Houyoko Ibun. Though before then, Flandre was introduced as a powerful bonus boss in her debut game, while Alice has likewise appeared as a recurring optional boss in several games across the franchise. Both girls specialize in one hit kill techniques in battle, with Alice's signature move Die For Me serving as one of the strongest instant kill attacks in the SMT series, and Flandre possessing the power to destroy anything at will. Beyond that, they can also bombard their foes with barrages of danmaku projectiles, evade attacks by transforming into a card or bat, and they can even summon temporary backup to assist them, with Flandre possessing the ability to duplicate herself and Alice being able to call in exploding zombies and dynamite strapped teddy bears to fight alongside her.

Oh, also add Medaka vs Makoto

Alright, so I might do a chart for Megaten MUs, if anyone has any ideas, pass em by and I'll probably add them to a chart
Eventually
Demi-Fiend vs D, Tatsuya vs Squall, Flandre vs Alice, Okina vs Stephen
Actually Akemi Suedou vs Stephen (Shin Megami Tensei) also works.
And we need to talk about

Last edited:
I'm counting both mainline SMT and Megaten like persona, devil summoner, and devil survivor
I've also gotten some suggestions and had some discussion with Joycap, so I'll take what he said into consideration for the chart tol
There’s also Demi-Fiend vs Laharl (Disgaea)

I see my Okina vs Stephen MU was shilled thank you

Going by recent DBS eps, they might reconsider to not use multipliers too much. I feel like they regret opening that can of worms lol

With less multipliers use, Asta feels likelier to win, I think?
367E82293553D28C7B0307694BD1850662E4F27F

Enigmatic and seemingly (wheel)chair bound godly video game bosses fought in an extradimensional realm, and have links to Buddhism (Stephen essentially becoming a Buddha by ascending above the cycle of transmigration and Okina being based off the Buddhist god Matara-jin), and become more OP after standing up from their chairs.
The climax is they actually get up from their chairs

Resourceful and powerful superheroines with purple outfits and without grand superpowers but still at the top of their game, rather flirtatious and humorous but still a threat to all evil-doers as well as influential celebrities for all ages.

• Pac-Man vs Bomberman
  • Sephiroth vs Psaro
  • Goku vs Jin Mori
  • Tom vs Sylvester
  • Zamasu vs Enerjak
  • Link vs Ichigo
  • Ralsei vs Chopper
  • Devilman vs Spawn
  • Yukari vs Morrigan
Anyways, now that I've done Undertaker vs Itachi, which one should I actually do next? Some of you voted for 2 MUs at the same time, so plz choose one MU now

Going by recent DBS eps, they might reconsider to not use multipliers too much. I feel like they regret opening that can of worms lol

With less multipliers use, Asta feels likelier to win, I think?
First, multipliers are the vital reasons Asta gets multi continent level attack potency and MFTL+ for tagging x% Dante who has X times magic against "normal high tier wizards".

Using less multipliers or even not using this concept actually means the gap between Asta and Deku is smaller, which means Deku may actually have a bigger chance of winning.

Connections for these ones?
Takuto Maruki vs Georg Weissman (Legend of Heroes series)
(most points are listed by NobodyCipher999 - thanks)
  • Both Takuto Maruki and Georg Weissman were introduced as a mild mannered, seemingly harmless counselor and professor who quickly struck up a friendly relationship with the main characters (Joker and Estelle Bright), even enlisting their aid to further their personal projects on several occasions.
  • Beneath the mask, however, lies two nihilistic messiah figures who seek to forcibly change the hearts of humanity, whether by granting mankind's deepest desires to end all suffering in the world, or fixing humanity's flaws so that it would reach its full potential and never repeat the mistakes of the past again. Both were far more well adjusted in their youths, but that quickly changed when they were faced with unforeseen tragedies with the death of Maruki's girlfriend's parents (and said girlfriend's subsequent loss of her memories) and the Salt Pale incident that took Weissman's home and family from him. Since then, they've dedicated their lives to studying Cognitive Psience and the Sept-Terrions, two of the main driving forces of their home games.
  • They also had fateful encounters with the secondary protagonists of their respective games, Sumire Yoshizawa and Joshua Bright, both of whom had recently lost their beloved older sisters and were left mentally scarred as a result. In response, Maruki and Weissman brainwashed the two youths to forget about the tragedies they've suffered altogether, with the added effect of Sumire believing she was her deceased sister Kasumi, while Joshua was inducted into Ouroboros to become one its elite Enforcers. They would even try to convince Joker and Estelle to join their cause at several points, but when that failed, they'd further brainwash Sumire and Joshua (who were left especially vulnerable after recovering their painful memories) to attack their love interests (albeit optionally in the case of Sumire and Joker) in their stead.
  • There is one underlying difference between our two combatants though: namely, Maruki is a legitimately kindhearted person who only wants to make people's lives happier, while Weissman is an outright ****** who revels in the torment of others. The former was a genuine friend to Joker, and he actually cared about Sumire's mental health, whereas the latter's experiments on Joshua made him into a puppet he could mold as he saw fit as opposed to helping the boy past his trauma. They both believed that humanity lacks the strength to overcome its flaws without their guidance, and Weissman may see himself as a savior, but deep down, he represents the same kind of evil that drove Maruki and many others into despair and impeded his life's work at every turn, having directly and indirectly caused numerous tragic events throughout the Trails series himself.
  • They both resemble priests when in combat (ironic, since Weissman was an excommunicated priest himself), wielding holy looking staffs that they mainly use for magical purposes. The main sources of their endgame brainwashing abilities, Azazoth and the Aureole, are both ludicrously powerful beings/devices with immense reality warping powers. The latter was even used as a means to grant humanity's wishes through the creation of virtual realities in the distant past, not unlike the former's creation of Maruki's actualized reality in the third semester of Persona 5 Royal. In both cases, it was noted that these methods would ultimately result in the degradation of human lives for varying reasons, especially considering the fact that they both gained a sort of sentience as well.
  • The first phase of their final battles involve them battling the heroes head-on with the assistance of Azathoth's tentacles and a quartet of laser shooting Archaism drones, but when pushed to the brink, Maruki would go as far as to fuse with Adam Kadmon, the evolved form of his Persona, while Weissman merged with the Aureole, taking up an eldritch angelic form in the process. Their fates afterward completely contrast each other as well, with Joker going out of his way to save Maruki's life while Weissman was ultimately assassinated by Kevin Graham for his heinous sins.

Marie (Persona) vs Yggdrasil (Digimon) (as Norn Mikihara of Digimon NEXT)
  • Both are deities who intentionally split personalities and / or bodies to study the human world
  • Both made a human young girl as an avatar in studying the human world
  • Both have their godhood stolen as their remaining bodies split out went corrupt or corrupted
  • Both eventually defeat their evil counterparts with help of the primary protagonist groups and eventually gained back their godhood and promised to be a better god for the human world
  • Both have tier 1 standings in VBW so that it can be argued who stomps whom

Last edited:
Alright, I could only find spanish dub in YT, but here is a clip of 3 caballeros power scaling.

So planet level Caballeros?

... I am planning on Caballeros vs Samurai Pizza Cats now. (Oh the Cat Ninja Team dies because Planet level > Multi Continent level)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back