• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ayo i heard all the cool researchers were talkin here now

How is everyone here doing? Enjoying the season? Looking forward to Jason Michael?
Been a huge fan of some of the episodes this season, especially Silver v Trunks. Looking forward to Jason v Michael, I think it has potential to be a 10/10 so I hope it knocks it out of the park!

otherwise just excitedly waiting for the Champion Vote for an episode next season, I’m trying to prepare a blog and a video campaigning for a matchup to vote for, hopefully I can get it out before the fireside chat

otherwise just excitedly waiting for the Champion Vote for an episode next season, I’m trying to prepare a blog and a video campaigning for a matchup to vote for, hopefully I can get it out before the fireside chat
lol that's awesome, I really hope a bunch of people start doing things like this. Matchup campaigning sounds like a lot of fun, esp if you guys really go ham with it (though obvi not too ham, ultimately only one can win unfortunately). Edit: Though I imagine this will probably(?) be a recurring thing each year, assuming it goes well at least? Not sure but that seems like a reasonable assumption.

So as I finally managed to see Halloween Ends, I have some interesting thoughts on it and how it might effect the match up but first things first, loved the movie, I can see why some people might find it divisive but I think it was a perfect ending for this specific trilogy and was well done.

HEAVY Spoilers ahead so uh be warned: So Michael isn't actually overtly supernatural in this still, they actually leave it just as vague as the other movies as he is a tank but is clearly still wounded from his last appearance and suffering from it and while someone might interpret him as passing on his powers to another that seemed more like just a recognizing a like-minded person, as the entire movie is literally talking about how the town basically turned that guy into the monster they feared just like Michael, and both of them do die relatively "easily", with the new killer being shot twice and then killing himself before Michael breaks their neck and Michael literally bleeding out and dying from his wounds, albeit obviously pulling a Michael Myers and surviving more than a normal person reasonably should but dying all the same, with the nice double tap just in case. Something that DID surprise me however while watching it was realizing I was already familiar with this storyline, as this was actually one of the unused Halloween sequels for the original movies ( I BELIEVE it was an alternate part 4 or 5, where the plot was there were two "shapes") so that was a pleasant surprise but yeah, as for the fight this kind of entirely clintches it in Jason's favour outside of possible healing or revitalization after killing someone like when he killed Doug the asshole cop

Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10

got it from Deviant Art
son_gohan_vs_ultraman_zero_fight_escalation_by_zerchergoroshi_dffrfe0-pre.jpg

lol that's awesome, I really hope a bunch of people start doing things like this. Matchup campaigning sounds like a lot of fun, esp if you guys really go ham with it (though obvi not too ham, ultimately only one can win unfortunately). Edit: Though I imagine this will probably(?) be a recurring thing each year, assuming it goes well at least? Not sure but that seems like a reasonable assumption.
I hope it becomes a consistent thing. It’s an awesome way to interact with the community and is a really good incentive for getting a Championship membership.

And hey, if your matchup doesn’t make it one year, if it becomes a yearly thing, there’s always next!

I’ve just gotta figure out the best places to spread the campaign stuff lol

I hope it becomes a consistent thing. It’s an awesome way to interact with the community and is a really good incentive for getting a Championship membership.

And hey, if your matchup doesn’t make it one year, if it becomes a yearly thing, there’s always next!

I’ve just gotta figure out the best places to spread the campaign stuff lol
If it's not Sauron vs Lich King for that episode, my big campaign I'm rooting for is Archaon vs Lich King

If it's not Sauron vs Lich King for that episode, my big campaign I'm rooting for is Archaon vs Lich King
In terms of matchups I’ll 100% campaign for myself, I’d say they’d be:

Fleetway Sonic vs Kasen Ibaraki (the big one)
Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi (the second big one)
Radiou Kuzunoha the XIVth vs John Constantine
Takayuki Yagami vs Wei Shen
Kiryu Kazuma vs Shizuo Heiwajima
Yukari Yakima vs Altair
Cirno vs Jack Frost
Tatsu the Dragon vs Taro Sakamoto
Flanders Scarlet vs Marx
The Eds vs The Animaniacs
Basically any other 2hu MU I like

Matchups I will not campaign for but would GLADLY vote for because I love them, but think are popular enough to not need to be campaigned for:

Simon the Digger vs Kyle Rayner
SCP-682 vs Doomsday
Dante vs Kratos
Yor Forger vs Roberta
Lupin the Third vs Sly Cooper
Basically Any Archie Sonic MU
Baki Hanna vs Ohma Tokhita

I omitted a few MUs but these are the big ones

Last edited:
Not me, but I absolutely have fallen in love with it. I'm adding it to the list of MU's I want to push.

Gilgamesh vs The Emperor of Mankind
Guts vs Ash Williams
Jaws vs Ecco the Dolphin
Carter Grayson vs Shinra Kusakabe
Senator Armstrong vs Richard Hawk
Armstrong v Hawk is truly based

Jaws vs Ecco is ******* hilarious holy shit, probably an Omnilander tier stomp in Ecco’s favor tho

Actually Richard might be better seeing as you could have a fight between Excelsus and richard's ultimate weapon...
I mean, it would be great with a fight between two big mechs.
But even better if the two mechs explode, the two surviving pilots continue to fight, then Richard Hawk replicates the Jetstream Sam vs Steven Armstrong scene. This will be insanely high and also gives a "humane" touch.

Actually Richard might be better seeing as you could have a fight between Excelsus and richard's ultimate weapon...
EXACTLY!

It goes from Mech suit vs Giant Robot, to Mech Suit vs Nanomachines son!, to Giant Robot vs Nanomachines son! Not only is this the easily the most American matchup for the both of them, but it has the easiest escalation too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back