• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tiki.webp
God, imagine if the community voted episode ******* flopped. Disastrous.
it won't as long as it ain't any Meme tier MU

speaking of which
what death battles can you see have a emotional ending?
even ones that you wouldn't expect
sans vs the judge.

I can see after an intense battle the judge realizing the motivations of why sans was facing frisk to remind him of how he was in the same position of defending what was left of his world from the batter, so after the battle, it was the judge who was now going to be charged with dealing with frisk in honor of his opponent.

And this thing is able to kill Popeye and Spongebob? I read that list on reddit, it's surprising to see how many OP thinks don't survive.
Apparently it also has the ability to mindbreak people and nullifies powers of those within the sunlight? I don't remember that in the original text so it must be from some extended canon stuff.

I think their argument for that would just be that, in-character, Spongebob and Popeye would likely be outside at the time the sunlight would hit, and would likely be too gullible to know what's going on, and then get gooped. It's why a lot of characters that actually could escape the effects of 001 (Kirby, Dedede, Game Sonic, Shazam, Black Adam, etc etc) end up being melted, they'd end up trying to help/save people and get hit by the sunlight themselves.

speaking of which
what death battles can you see have a emotional ending?
even ones that you wouldn't expect
Here to rant about Kasen v Sonic again

I always envisioned the fight going in the process of Kasen & Sonic fight in base form, Sonic accidentally knocks Kasen into Reimu's Shrine, reuniting her with her arm, Oni Kasen beats Sonic into near unconsciousness and tosses him into Misty Lake, which causes his stress to spike and Super Sonic to be unleashed, they fight for an extended period of time, Super Sonic lops off Oni Kasen's arm, bringing her back to her original state, and she then retaliates by ripping out Super Sonic's soul and then crushing it, removing it from the life cycle and destroying it permanently. Sonic would survive, recovering from unconsciousness as Kasen left his soul untouched, and they'd then end up being thankful towards one another for solving each other's evil half problem, and gaining respect for one another Reimu would then appear and drag them off to fix her destroyed shrine

But since Death Battle requires ending things in a complete death, have Kasen tear out Sonic's soul after realizing he's no longer in control, mercy killing him by destroying his soul to prevent Super from taking control of the body again, her catching his un-super transformed body and carrying him away as the screen fades, tears beginning to roll down her eyes as she prevents someone from facing the same fate as her.

This is probably one of the few Touhou episodes you could end with a sad death now that I think about it, because a surprisingly large amount of Touhou characters probably wouldn't be too upset about killing someone, now that I think about it.

For other fights, Simon v Kyle could probably have a moderately sad one, with a trade off similar to the ending of TTGL, with the "protect the universe for me... please..." line being given off by whoever lands the kill, and the winner mournfully walking off.

sans vs the judge.

I can see after an intense battle the judge realizing the motivations of why sans was facing frisk to remind him of how he was in the same position of defending what was left of his world from the batter, so after the battle, it was the judge who was now going to be charged with dealing with frisk in honor of his opponent.
oh another fight.

female knight vs lumine. depending on who the winner is I see this as the end of the fight.

Lp is left with the knight's shattered helmet, as she watches her trusty adventure companion end up dying, with libera on the broken ground as the day clouds over before the fallen kantebury knight.

in the event that knight takes the victory, i can imagine the same scene with paimon having to watch from a distance the broken sword of the traveler, realizing what happened while the knight pays a last tribute to her opponent who pushed her to the limit, leaving some gems as a farewell.

fun fact: the spanish community had myers as the winner because he could react to knives being thrown at him and because he was smarter.

This is them
Apparently it also has the ability to mindbreak people and nullifies powers of those within the sunlight? I don't remember that in the original text so it must be from some extended canon stuff.

I think their argument for that would just be that, in-character, Spongebob and Popeye would likely be outside at the time the sunlight would hit, and would likely be too gullible to know what's going on, and then get gooped. It's why a lot of characters that actually could escape the effects of 001 (Kirby, Dedede, Game Sonic, Shazam, Black Adam, etc etc) end up being melted, they'd end up trying to help/save people and get hit by the sunlight themselves.
So real talk, is the SCP verse stronger than DC?
In terms of theme songs Myers probably takes the W but I grew up on Freddy and Jason also the leprechaun but he stomps most of these guys.
Nothing beats Meyers theme

Seen someone say they dropped Death Battle because of Zelda vs Peach.

That's certainly a new one. Surprised people even remember that episode, let alone actually care about the result.

Speaking for the Champion voting scheme... Do the crew select the matchups nominated only in Fireside Chat? Like... audience in Asia (like me) really gets shielded off from this without risking their day job or sacrificing half a day off.

And I have a feeling the finally elected fight will be something big like Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger or classic like Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath. Seriously, do vote for the two, esp. Alex vs Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back