• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like they do not care stomps when the matchup makes up for good/funny/interesting/meaningful/significant spites. Omni-Man vs Homelander is a spite everyone loves laughing upon.

Like the verdict for canon Trunks vs canon Silver is "Trunks kills Silver before Silver blinks, or Silver time travels and Trunks cannot even chase after immediately". The animation, if truthful to the verdict, will end quickly and cannot be interesting without sacrificing authenticity or truthful info. Like true Sonic fans do not even hate Silver - just a series of bad decisions by Sega.
If they do not care for stomps, why would they say they didnt do normal Trunks vs Silver cause its a stomp?

The earlier reasoning on XTrunks vs ASilver was fine, so unless some user said in factual things about cast info, then they do care about stomps.

Hell, they cancelled Kirby vs Ditto for being a stomp after all.

Using Pucci has problems because his Stands transforming requires prep time. Him starting out with Made in Heaven would be boring af because he can only speed up and throw knives. The universe heading into ruin via everything speeding up would be a great spectacle though. If I were to do a Pucci fight against whoever, it would go something like this:

Starts in Green Dolphin Prison with Whitesnake during a prison riot caused by Survivor. Pucci tries to use Whitesnake to sneak up on the opponent and use sleephax, acid, soul/memory stealing, infohax and some H2H (God, Whitesnake is unironically the best and most interesting Stand Pucci has). However, the likely higher statted opponent manages to evade most of it and does a good bit of damage to Whitesnake like say destroying one of its arms. Pucci also loses one of his arms.

Second phase begins with Whitesnake trying to escape the opponent and get back to Pucci who is still far away and unrevealed. The opponent cuts a bloody swathe through the prison occassionally coming across angry Stand users and killing them. Pucci sneakily goes around absorbing their souls to make up the 36 sinners' souls and creates the Green Baby. Pucci finally gets noticed at this point but Green Green Grass of Home protects him from attacks through its sizehax and EE. Now the tables are turned and the opponent has to be the one running from Pucci to prevent getting shrunk out of existence. This gives Pucci time to say the 14 words causing the creation of C-Moon. C-Moon's repulsive gravity field, toggleable gravity directions and instakill surface inversions could be interesting. As a remotely controllable Stand, it fights the opponent on the ground while Pucci floats into the air, giving a speech. Upon completion of the speech, C-Moon transforms into Made in Heaven. Final phase begins with time starting to rapidly accelerate.

Also, it would be funny if Pucci's fight begins with no music. Whitesnake picks up a random music CD and throws it at the opponent who dodges and the CD goes into a prison guard. Turns out that the CD was the fight music and the guard is forced to play it as the fight progresses.

Made a thumbnail for the best MU ever
unknown.png

Pucci has decent connections but its just substituting Dio for a JJBA vs Touhou MU and Netlfix ****** over the hot momentum JJBA was riding off from part and ruined the hype for Part 6 so doubt Pucci is getting on anytime soon and he has better options
Lately Jojo will have its episodes on disney+, they made a deal not too long ago, this may also mean they are allowed to show that arc with disney properties like Spiderman and Mickey

don't give jason ideas
Explain close connections though.

I mean, afaik not even Sakuya Izayoi has so many close connections to Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) (Rebirth) than Homura Akemi has. And I am honestly impressed how Homu vs I-No is actually a good alternate idea.

Add Amalthus to that list
Yeah, Amalthus and Shirou are probably most popular (and also best) Pucci MUs
Noted. Amalthus belongs to somewhere below Tatsuya Suou and Takuto Maruki iirc.
As for Shirou... I know his name being occasionally being thrown around... But... is he an antagonist? Or using time-based powers? Or induce people to sleep and manipulate dreams?

You can argue Boros > Orochi, there are arguments to it
But to which Orochi though?

Real question: Who can Psykos fight against in a Death Battle?

Am I reading this right some people are claiming planet level Fire Emblem and by extent Lucina. (on Community Death Battle against Zelda)

Possibly stronger than Silver and a lot of time travellers because she actually went back in time and successfully stopped a calamity

Last edited:
Noted. Amalthus belongs to somewhere below Tatsuya Suou and Takuto Maruki iirc.

AHEM

Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga) vs Takuto Maruki (Persona 5 Royal)
Track Name: From Adam To Mary (Or whatever that would be in Latin or German)

Shion_Uzuki_vs_Takuto_Maruki.png

• Both are running commentaries on the psychiatry of their respective worlds. Shion helping VECTOR with KOS-MOS / The Zohar Project, and having her own... questionable mental state, whereas Maruki is effectively the pioneer of Cognitive Psience off the back of Wakaba Isshki, and wants to go through with the actualisation because of his own trauma regarding Rumi and the people that shat on him for the prospect of his research.
  • This relation is also its own contrast in a sense. Look at Sumire's arc, and tell me there isn't a version of Shion's character that wouldn't end up as one of Maruki's victims.
  • Both characters are buffers for the greatest god tiers in their respective universes. Shion ends up as the Maiden of Mary in no small part due to the pendant Kevin gave her, while Azatoth/Adam Kadmon are Maruki's Personas, and occurred to him as a result of his research into the Metaverse.
  • Needless to say, both have also suffered the greatest losses in their lives. Shion saw Kevin die right in front of her eyes, only for him to return a Testament (I'm not getting into the 'abusive ex' angle here, that's for the Saga retrospective), whereas (again) Rumi's memory was effectively scrubbed by Azatoth, leaving her the same as 'dead' in Maruki's life.
  • Both end their arcs having 'moved on', Shion on the search for Lost Jerusalem having accepted Kevin's second death after defeating Wilhelm and suppressing Zarathustra (and hooking up with Allen), and Maruki, after the collapse of his Palace becoming... a taxi driver, of all things.
  • Both are 1-C range depending on how much you want to wank these characters, or how much you buy the verses are that powerful.

I mean at the same time, they're hella inconsistent on their stomp policy for MUs
Fr tho, I guess it depends on whether the stomps would be fun or not? It really is baffling with their logic
Yeah this I don't get they done far worse stomps on the show

I get it more if he said "we felt there wasn't much we could do much with this MU beyond the usual stuff" than oh no this is too much

Makes y'all look hypocritical

I don't recall Maruki running for higher office. That would be Shido 🤔
Nah I just think it could be cool since their ideas of paradise kinda contradicts the others
Maruki's is kinda removing the free will from the people and Pucci's is to give people free will.
The entire interaction is pretty much this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back