• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The primordial dopamine of having your favorites be stronk has messed up modern VS big time.
I keep thinking and it's show how badly ur right
Combination of the standards changing every week and regular users scrambling to upgrade their favorite verses based on those standards. If the recent wave of low 1-C upgrades was anything to go by, then we'll see another wave of upgrades the moment DT changes the tiering system yet again. And then we'll just keep doing this shit until the site dies.
Give a dog a bone and he'll want the whole stake 🗿
Supposedly a future CRT is gonna make it so the number of universes you destroy is only range and not AP, meaning there'll be no different between Low 2-C, 2-C, and 2-B
So what the **** will even be the point of tier 2?
Beats me 🗿

I think it's from the moon spirit, the general idea is that since the moon spirit can keep the moon in existence and then the Avatar State scales to spirits who are considered stronger than the moon spirit or something.
By that logic Chainsaw Man is 4-C, embodying a concept shouldn't mean you're inherently are equal to the level of said concept.
Also in the case of Avatar the moon could be more of an abstract idea and potentially be different from the real world equivalent and more in line with more ancient Asian depictions of the moon.

By that logic Chainsaw Man is 4-C, embodying a concept shouldn't mean you're inherently are equal to the level of said concept.
Also in the case of Avatar the moon could be more of an abstract idea and potentially be different from the real world equivalent and more in line with more ancient Asian depictions of the moon.
Apparently the main reason it got accepted was because the moon actually ceased to exist when the moon spirit died, I dunno I don't really pay much attention to a lot of these upgrades.

RIP Rey / Delsin?

Finally, Aang vs Captain Planet can be real

Sonic might reach 2A because ******* TailsTube of all things just gave evidence of Sonic having an Infinite multiverse and that the Time Eater destroyed all of it lol
Nobody:
Tails:
Im_Gonna_Do_Whats_Called_a_Pro_Gamer_Move.jpg

Sonic might reach 2A because ******* TailsTube of all things just gave evidence of Sonic having an Infinite multiverse and that the Time Eater destroyed all of it lol
What about that was an infinite dimension instead?

Son Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga will be real.

A few more will come and they are in a pipeline.

Make a downgrade if you feel so
EDIT: Oh wait nvm someone has done it: https://vsbattles.com/threads/5-c-avatar-is-dumb.150873/

Last edited:
I have finally figured out how to reply to multiple posts in a single post.
The primordial dopamine of having your favorites be stronk has messed up modern VS big time.
I sometimes wank my favorite verses just to spite people and verses I dislike (Undertale). The feeling of having your favorite thing be superior to another thing you dislike is pleasing.
Supposedly a future CRT is gonna make it so the number of universes you destroy is only range and not AP, meaning there'll be no different between Low 2-C, 2-C, and 2-B
That's nonsense but I'll be interested in reading the reasoning and how people argue about it.
Never knew this MU exist and i'm glad that i have, because this MU is prolly the best Reimu MU like literally
And banger af as well
Is Reimu vs Arle really a good matchup? It doesn't seem better than literally any other Reimu matchup and one time I asked a guy for the connections of the MU and they were bad connections.
BUT WHY ONE IF IT'S MUST BE YOUMU VS TRUNKS!?
SINNER. I don't get a lot why the selection of the matchup matters a lot in this case. What matters is TOUHOU SONG and that the song was good, and Tomorrow will blossom accomplished those things. After forcing myself to listen to that song for 2 hours, I have gaslighted myself into liking that song a lot.
Also, I prefer Tomorrow will blossom over other "Death Battle BGM-inspired" songs about Touhou that have been released lately.

Is Reimu vs Arle really a good matchup? It doesn't seem better than literally any other Reimu matchup and one time I asked a guy for the connections of the MU and they were bad connections.
It’s a classic rivalry/legacy one but sure, I like it’s connections.

-Main protagonists who are lax, lazy women who go with the flow of life, but have fiery drives when it comes to protecting their homes.
-Both franchises had their start on the PC-98 and are pillars of the console’s history, both becoming breakout success franchises in Japan
-Both utilize non-standard formats of combat that define their series’ (Spell Card Duels and Puyo Battles)
-Franchises started in a style very different to what it would eventually become (Puyo started as an RPG, Touhou's first game was a weird pong type deal)
-Both utilize and have strong connections with holy powers

Matchup has a very fun and distinct vibe, there’d be real good banter potential.

It’s a classic rivalry/legacy one but sure, I like it’s connections.

-Main protagonists who are lax, lazy women who go with the flow of life, but have fiery drives when it comes to protecting their homes.
-Both franchises had their start on the PC-98 and are pillars of the console’s history, both becoming breakout success franchises in Japan
-Both utilize non-standard formats of combat that define their series’ (Spell Card Duels and Puyo Battles)
-Franchises started in a style very different to what it would eventually become (Puyo started as an RPG, Touhou's first game was a weird pong type deal)
-Both utilize and have strong connections with holy powers

Matchup has a very fun and distinct vibe, there’d be real good banter potential.
Not gonna lie, I still think it's subpar in terms of connections. But maybe everything else about it is better than subpar, who knows? Not me, I don't play Puyo Puyo.

What about that was an infinite dimension instead?

Son Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga will be real.

A few more will come and they are in a pipeline.
No need for spoilers
Not gonna lie, I still think it's subpar in terms of connections. But maybe everything else about it is better than subpar, who knows? Not me, I don't play Puyo Puyo.
Connections don't need to be deep here especially given the characters

The almighty Chris has spoken. Superbros....
According to Ben and Chad, most Dragon Ball characters die to the DC counterparts unless you pick specific incarnations.

Seriously which versions of Superman can Dragon Ball Evolution Goku defeat?

And no - Movie Aang is for Movie Edward Elric.

I have applied. See how things work out.

RIP Rey / Delsin?

Using VSBW standards Korra now speedblitzes and one shots Storm now. The madness continues.

The best thing is, even if the recent avatar state buff gets reverted (which I hope it doesn't), Korra still beats her through speed.
Ironically Storm was moon level for awhile before getting downgraded to small country level and then getting different keys for her P&A which included her lightning becoming galaxy level however in typical monkeys paw fashion it came with her speed being downgraded to hypersonic from MHS.

Ironically Storm was moon level for awhile before getting downgraded to small country level and then getting different keys for her P&A which included her lightning becoming galaxy level however in typical monkeys paw fashion it came with her speed being downgraded to hypersonic from MHS.
I'm sorry WHAT

Did peeps forget one of her main schticks is throwing lightning bolts 😭 💀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back