• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah 2 more months without Death Battle. Time to cry? I do think the schedule make sense. No season break to kill the momentum.

Uh oh Bowser vs Eggman bros.....I don't feel so good....

Luz vs Anne bros...though!!

4m2izds1izka1.png
3py4xt8ng1la1.jpg

Ben stating they're aiming for a May release for Season 10. However, there won't be a season break. Once it begins, it's unlimited DB for the rest of the year.
Wow. I hope that no cancellation of Death Battle would happen. I have seen cancellations this year, and cancellations sometimes start with delaying.
I'm not sure my Death Battle Withdrawal Syndrome can withstand this.
I'm sure that we have many things to do during the waiting.

Why is this giving me RWBY Vol 9 vibes?

(INB4 they announce Crunchyroll exclusivity)
If they actually did do that, I wouldn't watch Death Battle outside of piracy assuming the videos wouldn't be uploaded to Youtube. I can kind of understand why they made RWBY Vol 9 a Crunchyroll exclusive, even though RT has their own subscription service and RWBY is easily one of their only few sources of income anymore, but making a series about researchers trying to determine who wins a fight would be the purest form of bullshit.

if May 28/29th is the s10 premiere, the season finale will fall on Christmas Eve/Day.

Assuming 16 episode long season and Sunday/Monday release days.
This is like the dead-est deadline when they have to end it within 2023.

What happened? Has sprite animators been too hard to find or too high to be hired? I hear that Japanese animators are not making much and would do anything if they are just paid a bit extra.

Or the post-production team gets some problem?

Praying.

If they actually did do that, I wouldn't watch Death Battle outside of piracy assuming the videos wouldn't be uploaded to Youtube. I can kind of understand why they made RWBY Vol 9 a Crunchyroll exclusive, even though RT has their own subscription service and RWBY is easily one of their only few sources of income anymore, but making a series about researchers trying to determine who wins a fight would be the purest form of bullshit.
Usually such exclusiveness would have a period of effectiveness in the contract such that Rooster Teeth would be able to at least air it in their own website.

IIRC this happens in many TV and cinema releases.

Hey guys what do you think of my favorite deathbattle episode

Great episode. It's accurate too.
Nice episode. Not commenting on accuracy as Berserk has been still ongoing and we may one day see it becoming accurate by then.

From Tiki
"everyone, researchers included, have an episode they are very passionate for this season"
Glad they enjoyed the process.

Hope their qualities on works match the public hype.

Several months in the making

Great work.

So... Another sprite animator to contact for.

So the followings are next (?)
  • Brainiac (?) vs Ultron
  • Arceus vs YHVH (SMT) / Aslan (Narnia) / King Drasil (Digimon)
  • Toph Beifong vs Terra
  • Kratos vs Asura

So anyone having an idea which matchups are actually next?

Wonder why we have to wait till may for the season to start

Delay due to editors? Production issues or wanting to make sure alot fo the episodes are in the best of quality or all three

Is that really short? 50 chapters take me like 4 hours to read
4 hours is too long for a manga? Did your doctor only give you 24 hours to live or something?

Delay due to editors? Production issues or wanting to make sure alot fo the episodes are in the best of quality or all three
If they're forgoing a midseason break, that would probably mean they'd have less time to work on 2nd half stuff, so they need the 2~ months delay to come first so everything gets the same amount of attention as previous seasons. Although, two editors leaving before the season starts probably also had something to do with it.

Don't take my word for it though since I'm not personally familiar with the production pipeline.

So anyone having an idea which matchups are actually next?
Kratos vs Asura
Toph vs Terra
Arceus vs Aslan
Basically confirmed.

Ben and Chad want to have a summer vacation. DB will be airing during the summer and they can be chilling at the beach this year, rather than recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back