• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That technically doesnt mean much.

Gohan's biggest point of character is that he is "son of X", so he gets those kind of MUs a lot.

I guess I'll vibe with it cause Saiyaman vibes with sentai stuff and its not comics.
Yeah but doesn’t it feel good to have an MU that’s not based on the fact he’s the son of the main character?

krohnen_mcdougall_vs_surge_the_tenrec_by_somashadow_dfna60f-pre.jpg
I'd love more surge content

so anyways to be more positives list ur favorite MU and tell why u like it or want it to happen
Well before it happened, Mega Man VS Astro Boy used to be my most wanted. Mainly due to how much i liked both characters even if i barely consumed their whole media back then and only touched Mega Man 10 and the 2000s Astro Boy Movie.

Nowadays i would say my most wanted is Goku VS Mori Jin. Due to how Dragon Ball has been a series i grew up with and while i don't like it as much as i used to, Wrath of the Dragon and History of Trunks remain 2 of my favorite fictional Media of all time so i still have a bias towards Dragon Ball in some way. As for Mori, i read GOH the year after the anime happened and it's currently in my Top 10 favorite series of all time. Mori is one of my favorite MCs and seeing him reminded me allot of Goku's Journey in some way(makes sense considering both are inspired by Sun Wukong). I honestly would love to see an animation of these two fighting whether it'd be a Death Battle or not. Seeing both of their fighting styles would be really cool to see, starting as a Ryu VS Jin style of fighting as it slowly becomes more destructive just like how Dragon Ball and GOH get later on in their series. This wasn't always my most wanted after Mega Man VS Astro Boy but it quickly become not just my most wanted Death Battle but one of my favorite debates in recent times and even if Mori is a who character, i still would love to see him get on the show, even if he doesn't fight Goku. Sorry for my rambling but this is a match that means allot to me and the fact that i have 4 other matches that i like just as much as this one means i could ramble all day. But i guess that's what happens when you talk about a show where the whole point is to see 2 or more characters fight each other.

Nowadays i would say my most wanted is Goku VS Mori Jin. Due to how Dragon Ball has been a series i grew up with and while i don't like it as much as i used to, Wrath of the Dragon and History of Trunks remain 2 of my favorite fictional Media of all time so i still have a bias towards Dragon Ball in some way. As for Mori, i read GOH the year after the anime happened and it's currently in my Top 10 favorite series of all time. Mori is one of my favorite MCs and seeing him reminded me allot of Goku's Journey in some way(makes sense considering both are inspired by Sun Wukong). I honestly would love to see an animation of these two fighting whether it'd be a Death Battle or not. Seeing both of their fighting styles would be really cool to see, starting as a Ryu VS Jin style of fighting as it slowly becomes more destructive just like how Dragon Ball and GOH get later on in their series. This wasn't always my most wanted after Mega Man VS Astro Boy but it quickly become not just my most wanted Death Battle but one of my favorite debates in recent times and even if Mori is a who character, i still would love to see him get on the show, even if he doesn't fight Goku. Sorry for my rambling but this is a match that means allot to me and the fact that i have 4 other matches that i like just as much as this one means i could ramble all day. But i guess that's what happens when you talk about a show where the whole point is to see 2 or more characters fight each other.
Jin Mori would be cool and honestly he's my favorite option for a goku runback

Therewolf Media - "Rain of Royalty" | Noelle Silva vs Kougyoku Ren

It brings two interesting characters with a boost of Black Clover plus an introduction to Magi? Naisu.

Also... Is the intro of Rain of Royalty borrowed at here?

I wonder if there will ever be an MU scenario where Character A asks Character B if they want to fight to the death and Character B just goes along with it.
Do All Might vs Might Guy and Iron Fist vs Po count?

Ima be real you guys vs debating while fun is also kinda tiring. I've encountered so many really cool and really bad takes. Made my own bad takes and have even contributed to the art out of pocket to content creators of the subject. However it's also soured me to some of the personalities.
I just want to say I appreciate yall for being cool. And to deathbattle for remaining awesome throughout all these years.

That technically doesnt mean much.

Gohan's biggest point of character is that he is "son of X", so he gets those kind of MUs a lot.

I guess I'll vibe with it cause Saiyaman vibes with sentai stuff and its not comics.
Obviously
Ima be real you guys vs debating while fun is also kinda tiring. I've encountered so many really cool and really bad takes. Made my own bad takes and have even contributed to the art out of pocket to content creators of the subject. However it's also soured me to some of the personalities.
I just want to say I appreciate yall for being cool. And to deathbattle for remaining awesome throughout all these years.
I don't even debate much in vs nowadays outside some cases

It's really just boring and the usual shit flinging in it is tiring

One other matchup I thought of for Will Vandom is Emily Hayes from Amulet. Both are red head girls with a little fiery temper that uses pink energy magic from the necklace artifact they wear. Said artifact comes from a grandfigure that used to have it and is passed down to them (though Will got it from her friend's grandmother, Yan Lin while Emily got it from her great grandfather, Silas). Both lost their dads albeit in different circumstances (one by divorce and other by car accident). Both also got thrust into a fantasy world and fought an evil royalty figure (Prince Phobos and Elf King).

It's a sorta neat idea but hampered by the fact Amulet is a graphic novel so far and has no physical/motion media to get a good idea of how Emily and her power interact in motion. There's an upcoming film but that's stuck in development hell it seems. Also, Emily dies hard to Will.
Oh well.
Other MUs I heard are Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon), Livewire (DC), Misaka Makoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) and Ruby Rose (RWBY). Though none of those options are great in a sense. Either they're generic (Ruby) with electricity (Livewire and Misaka) or I am not familiar with some of them (Jupiter).
I don't get the Ruby Rose one honestly.

It is funny that some of my favorite matchups including at least a combatant whose profile will be easily hit by the inevitable deletion wave because of non-English, obscure or something else. But sometimes, the best matchup includes such combatant. (e.g. FrostNova VS Mr. Freeze)

He made a UNDERTALE V DDLC song yesterday and it got me wondering, how can flowey win agaisnt monika of all things. She is literally him but better at everything and can even exist without her files.
I feel that the cover of OST somwhat implies this.
1. Season 10 is very important season
2. Season 9 had 3 DBZ fights
3. Current Death Battle is more views greedy than in season 3 and 6
Boomstick: We wanna eat.

Regarding Amphibia matchup, Luz VS Anne is not good but is popular. I prefer Luz VS Akko, Movie Sonic VS Anne.

Marcy-backstabbing King has Asgore (but it is a stomp in Amphibia king's favor).

Marcy's matchup... I found that some obscure characters do actually have connection with her. Even the Wu Cheng'en IRL has connection to her: They have more interest in fantasy works and actively creates their fictional works.

Sasha's matchup? Sadly I never hear any good matchups for her.

Last edited:
I've been pretty vocal about Gilgamesh vs The Emperor, but I'm going to give this one the spotlight.

light-yagami-death-note-vs-lieutenant-columbo-just-one-more-v0-a6pjfu734k1a1.png

Light Yagami vs Detective Columbo

• Unorthodox MU that oddly works
  • Live-Action Representation (More specifically, TV rep)
  • Is unironically hilarious
  • Would have, hands down, the best banter possible out of any matchup.
This little snippet alone should sell everyone on it:

This sells me on the matchup, hilarious. However, I am not sure if Death Battle would be capable of pulling a matchup like this. They're not flying bricks that know martial arts and can shoot energy/elemental attacks. Matchups like this are better pulled as a passion project from a random person that knows how to animate, he will take months and release the animation but after that he won't post frequent videos.

It is funny that some of my favorite matchups including at least a combatant whose profile will be easily hit by the inevitable deletion wave because of non-English, obscure or something else. But sometimes, the best matchup includes such combatant. (e.g. FrostNova VS Mr. Freeze)
Well given Harley Quinn vs Jinx and Excalibur vs Raiden somehow are existing episodes, oh my Illidan Stormrage vs Xiao even gets into the Champion Poll 2022 finalists... So ya a bit optimistic but verses with China franchises (like Female Knight (Guardian Tales) vs Female Traveler (Lumine), Raiden (Mortal Kombat) vs Raiden Shogun and Mr. Freeze vs FrostNova) may appear more often in Death Battle in the future.

He made a UNDERTALE V DDLC song yesterday and it got me wondering, how can flowey win agaisnt monika of all things. She is literally him but better at everything and can even exist without her files.
I feel that the cover of OST somwhat implies this.
Boomstick: We wanna eat.
Especially Death Battle is currently feeding Rooster Teeth aside from RWBY.

Regarding Amphibia matchup, Luz VS Anne is not good but is popular. I prefer Luz VS Akko, Movie Sonic VS Anne.

Marcy-backstabbing King has Asgore (but it is a stomp in Amphibia king's favor).

Marcy's matchup... I found that some obscure characters do actually have connection with her. Even the Wu Cheng'en IRL has connection to her: they are good at exam. They have more interest in fantasy works and actively creates their fictional works.

Sasha's matchup? Sadly I never hear any good matchups for her.
Not well-versed in Amphibia but looks like Luz cannot catch a break in her doom. Like Hunter X Hunter.

This sells me on the matchup, hilarious. However, I am not sure if Death Battle would be capable of pulling a matchup like this. They're not flying bricks that know martial arts and can shoot energy/elemental attacks. Matchups like this are better pulled as a passion project from a random person that knows how to animate, he will take months and release the animation but after that he won't post frequent videos.
Exactly.

This may also hamper some other matchups too...

A matchup like Monika vs Miyuki Sone for example. (Wait even these two girls can meh delete files)

Or Professor X vs Shokuhou Misaki (that again needs some different mindsets in designing the plot)

Not to mention Lelouch Vi Brittania vs Char Aznable can totally become just another giant mecha fight.

I should probably post some of my fanmade Death Battle thumbnails here.

Cirno vs Papyrus is probably one of my favorite matchups because of the dialogue and banter potential and character interactions it could have.

It is also really close and debatable if you amputate Cirno's wings, and half of her limbs and blind her
Fix51H7WIAA2TAE

Marx: I am sure to win because (fill in the blanks)

Related: Any Touhou Project matchup that the crew members are actually in their radar? (Would anything at the Champion Poll 2022 or prior Brandon Yates / Therewolf Media fan commissioned works be of any help actually?)
I am not sure if there is a recently popular Touhou matchup. All the Touhou matchups I know have characters that haven't received new material in a while or don't have a lot of popularity.

BIG fan of this one I ******* love this matchup. Such a fun vibe between the two, this is such a good piece I gotta find the artist.
Marx: I am sure to win because (fill in the blanks)

Related: Any Touhou Project matchup that the crew members are actually in their radar? (Would anything at the Champion Poll 2022 or prior Brandon Yates / Therewolf Media fan commissioned works be of any help actually?)
I think Flandre vs Marx would be one of the best possible options for an early 2hu MU. Flandre is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, it’s a very, very ancient matchup overall, Kirby’s a decently popular franchise. Up there with KasenSonic as one of the better choices for introducing Touhou imho

Especially Death Battle is currently feeding Rooster Teeth aside from RWBY.
You can even say that for alternative universe Death Battle fans, Death Battle is RT's best especially considering that they considered post-Season 3 RWBY as meh to nah.
I think Flandre vs Marx would be one of the best possible options for an early 2hu MU. Flandre is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, it’s a very, very ancient matchup overall, Kirby’s a decently popular franchise. Up there with KasenSonic as one of the better choices for introducing Touhou imho
Right. Flandre vs Marx or Cirno vs SMT Jack Frost are two matchups which can start the introduction of Touhou.
Cirno vs Papyrus is probably one of my favorite matchups because of the dialogue and banter potential and character interactions it could have.
They have better opponents. Papyrus has Giovanni Potage, Cirno has SMT Jack Frost.

You can even say that for alternative universe Death Battle fans, Death Battle is RT's best especially considering that they considered post-Season 3 RWBY as meh to nah.

Right. Flandre vs Marx or Cirno vs SMT Jack Frost are two matchups which can start the introduction of Touhou.

They have better opponents. Papyrus has Giovanni Potage, Cirno has SMT Jack Frost.
Papyrus is better for Cirno than Jack Frost. Though Giovanni is a good alt and probably Papyrus' objectively best MU.

I’ve watched this one a few times, it’s a classic and shows how well their abilities bounce off one another. So much fun potential here.

Also god Flandre vs Marx is a Track I wanna comm so bad lmao, so much potential there.
I wanted to commission that one too, probably one of my two most wanted tracks to commission... and both those most wanted tracks are Touhou related, go figure.

Papyrus is better for Cirno than Jack Frost. Though Giovanni is a good alt and probably Papyrus' objectively best MU.
I prefer Jack Frost for Cirno massively to Papyrus, plus I hear that Giovanni guy is really good for him too.

Jack Frost vs Cirno has probably the biggest legacy rivalry for a Touhou MU besides maybe Rachel vs Remilia, Touhou had a lot of SMT inspiration in its early days, both are mega-hit Japanese franchises, they've got some cute core connections, a nice ice vs ice theme, a genuinely really interesting debate behind it, a fun alternate look at two extremely powerful franchises' lower ends, and crazy fight potential. One of Touhou's best matchups period really.

Yeah I hear he's getting ******* dragged with some crazy accusations right now. There's another video from someone else that's like an hour long too.

yeah but it would be a stomp
It definitely leans a bit in Flan's favor, but Marx has some interesting boons in his favor that could be talked about, and as an introductory Touhou MU most people wouldn't know the stats going in so it wouldn't seem like a crazy stomp from the beginning.

Yeah as good of an MU as Cirno vs Jack Frost is, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it would be one of the worst introductions for Touhou possible. Would give entirely the wrong impression of the verses' power, requires way too much knowledge of intricate systems within each verse to discuss the MU itself, and the dichotomy between these two being fodder compared to the rest of the verse would be almost completely lost on initial viewing. It's basically the worst MU to start with alongside a Yukari fight, but for opposite reasons, Yukari being one of the strongest & most absurdly complex characters they could pull being a horrible first impression as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back