• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Giorno is that he gets put up against OP higher tier characters because of the nature of GER, while not being at that tier himself offensively and surviving mainly due to Return to Zero.

lord_drakkon_vs_ohma_zi_o____shattered_reality__by_mugen_senseistudios_dfmzx5n-pre.jpg

Ballot Banter #6
Eren vs Ken- They think it’s wild that they haven’t used Eren yet, talked about a power ranger for him but are open.
Nora vs Kyoko- Fun matchup.
Iroh vs Oogway- The best one they’ve seen so far, they love the characters but one of them dying sounds awful. They want to do Kung Fu Panda again. Satsuki vs Henry- Satsuki is cool, barely knew Henry. Unrelated but they like Monster. Banjo and
Kazzoie vs Yoshi and Baby Mario- a banger, more a 2 v 1 than anything
. Luz vs Akko- They got the matchup, Sam might watch Owl House.
Eddie Riggs vs Gitaroo Man- They know Eddie… don’t know Gitaroo.
Finn and Jake vs Mordocai and Rigby- They already spoke on it, love it and both series to death. Everyone loves the matchup. “Basically a matter of time”. Onaga vs Conquest- an interesting combo that makes kinda sense, Conquest is cool.
Kratos vs Asura- already spoke about it, would love to do it. Liam’s preferred Kratos option.
Travis vs Scott- The thumbnail looked cool, made fun of both for being dicks. Called it a “classic”, referred to it in 2010 terms, etc. Kitana vs Kasumi- Fine. Dom vs Lightning- dunno how you’d do it, but it’s perfect. Talked about Dom vs Kiryu, kinda like it.
Madoka vs Moon- already talked about it. Interested in Madoka.
Travis vs Scott again- Literally just talked about it. Liam was about to say someone he preferred for Scott but got cut off.
Slayer vs Chief- “oh hell yeah” basically eventually gonna happen.
Hakuman vs Archer- don’t want to do the series just so the researchers don’t hate them.
Giorno vs Joker- They’ve talked about it, want more Jojo. Very debatable. Sounds better as a DBX. Liam said it’s debatable
Matoko vs Keinchi- literally who. Cole vs Alex- don’t need to talk.
Trevor vs Payday Guy- talked about if Payday is versus viable. It is.
Chucky vs Springtrap- asked if Springtrap being suggested is a meme or not. “Sure”.
R2D2 vs Claptrap- Talked about doing it before, they know the Claptrap official VA.

But basically the most major stuff is Slayer vs Chief and Finn and Jake vs Mordocai and Rigby Basically absolutely gonna happen

I need to catch up now that I have a membership. Anyway, highlights?
Ballot Banter #6
Eren vs Ken- They think it’s wild that they haven’t used Eren yet, talked about a power ranger for him but are open.
Iroh vs Oogway- The best one they’ve seen so far, they love the characters but one of them dying sounds awful. They want to do Kung Fu Panda again. Satsuki vs Henry- Satsuki is cool, barely knew Henry. Unrelated but they like Monster. Banjo and
Finn and Jake vs Mordocai and Rigby- They already spoke on it, love it and both series to death. Everyone loves the matchup. “Basically a matter of time”. Onaga vs Conquest- an interesting combo that makes kinda sense, Conquest is cool.
Kratos vs Asura- already spoke about it, would love to do it. Liam’s preferred Kratos option.
Travis vs Scott- The thumbnail looked cool, made fun of both for being dicks. Called it a “classic”, referred to it in 2010 terms, etc. Kitana vs Kasumi- Fine. Dom vs Lightning- dunno how you’d do it, but it’s perfect. Talked about Dom vs Kiryu, kinda like it.
Travis vs Scott again- Literally just talked about it. Liam was about to say someone he preferred for Scott but got cut off.
Hakuman vs Archer- don’t want to do the series just so the researchers don’t hate them.
Giorno vs Joker- They’ve talked about it, want more Jojo. Very debatable. Sounds better as a DBX. Liam said it’s debatable
Chucky vs Springtrap- asked if Springtrap being suggested is a meme or not. “Sure”.
R2D2 vs Claptrap- Talked about doing it before, they know the Claptrap official VA.

But basically the most major stuff is Slayer vs Chief and Finn and Jake vs Mordocai and Rigby Basically absolutely gonna happen

Idk given you're appealing to a casual audience trying to explain how both complicated series stuff operate can be difficult
Fate particularly
Fate looks complicated, but I don't follow it so...

Blazblue is complicated, but its a fun complicated like Archie Sonic. Also, it would probably be for the best that they didn't have only two Blazblue episodes, with one episode just being them relentlessly ******** on the series.

Blazblue is complicated, but its a fun complicated like Archie Sonic. Also, it would probably be for the best that they didn't have only two Blazblue episodes, with one episode just being them relentlessly ******** on the series.
Probably but they'll eventually get over it at some point

I doubt it’s genuinely like actually off the table lol. These were just people saying that the verses are notably hard to wrap your head around at times and are a bit intimidating.

Joker vs Giorno is debatable to them.

Fun times when that happens lol
I mean, only Liam commented on it lol. He basically said the debate just comes down to if you think GER is able to overcome Joker, which is objectively correct because otherwise Joker moggs Giorno, GER is his only recompense

Should I totally mention Guilty Gear also has rabbit holes of complicated issues but is still fun and sets a direction of fighting games back then.

I don't think he can overcome Joker. Man has some busted Personas.
Maybe just test the temperature as a DBX.

... Anyone says more Jojo? Bruno vs Trafalgar and Domenico vs Nami thanks. Yeah they are very unheard and are yes currently neglected compared to Gioker and Kiradachi. But since THEY say more JJBA... I wish to recommend some good ones.

Blazblue should be a lot easier to follow now with the story over and many more of the side materials available, wouldn't it? What made it an absolute nightmare back in the day was how only the main games were available in english. The other stuff at least has gotten fan-translations right? Granted, it would still be a lot of work.

Ballot Banter #6

Them even considering PayDay caught my attention there. I wonder what Death Battles we could get out of it.

Did BonWick make any references to Wick's PayDay appearance? I know it's non-canon but I don't even remember them cracking a joke or offhanded line about it.

Blazblue should be a lot easier to follow now with the story over and many more of the side materials available, wouldn't it? What made it an absolute nightmare back in the day was how only the main games were available in english. The other stuff at least has gotten fan-translations right? Granted, it would still be a lot of work.
And it is not the first time Death Battle uses fan-translation. It means that if you could make a reliable translation, it would help your obscure verse to be in Death Battle.
Luz vs Akko- They got the matchup, Sam might watch Owl House.
Maybe Luz will have power to stand a chance after the ending of TOH.
Madoka is a character who confronts magical girls with pink hair.

... Anyone says more Jojo? Bruno vs Trafalgar and Domenico vs Nami thanks. Yeah they are very unheard and are yes currently neglected compared to Gioker and Kiradachi. But since THEY say more JJBA... I wish to recommend some good ones.
I would love more JJBA because other than the fact I'm a fan, the amount of piss it boils when they scale it is amusing.

I'm so ready for Universal Giorno, Infinite Multiversal HA Dio, Tier 7 Kars, etc.

Them even considering PayDay caught my attention there. I wonder what Death Battles we could get out of it.

Did BonWick make any references to Wick's PayDay appearance? I know it's non-canon but I don't even remember them cracking a joke or offhanded line about it.
Iirc Liam in this video mentioned that Payday scaling was considered but didn’t make an impact on the verdict.

Iirc Liam in this video mentioned that Payday scaling was considered but didn’t make an impact on the verdict.
Oh that's actually interesting to hear that they were going to make use of it. I imagined it wouldn't change anything, I'm pretty sure PayDay only has Wall Feats and no valuable speed feats, so I didn't see it being that big of a game changer...But interesting to hear regardless.

Shame that I couldn't pick anything out joke-wise though still, PayDay's Wick can be kinda amusing. Frankly PayDay in general is kinda silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back