• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just mad the DB Discord has people actually buying this. I thought they were better than that.
To be fair, the server was going to accommodate all kinds of people.

including those who buy the craziest stuff for their characters.

but also, people tend to believe that because they don't usually have their own opinion on those topics, falling into the dependence of the " experts" who tend to argue that way.

it's like seeing another world outside the wiki lol.

I was surprised by the island level for the traveler, but that's apparently supported by some calculations that put it at that level, so I can't say much.

It is true that they value certain people's opinions on things more I feel.

And those people can have inherent biases.

I will hope and pray 11D is not mentioned at all in Billcord

I feel like we probably spend way too long talking about this 11D Bill shit that barely any people really would push for that I highly doubt DB would buy on this thread lmao
We don't even need to go to 11-D for questionable takes on Bill. Reposting...

bill can control space, matter, and since he 1 shotted the god of time and his army freeza style, he can also control time, hell the god of time even told him that the rift he made was threatening existance itself and the gravity falls cosmology is very underrated since it was mentioned in the show that theres a multiverse, in the 3rd journal that its infinite, its basically canon that rick and morty share a verse with gravity falls so definatly infinite multiverse, the owl house is canon and the demon realm is presumably the size of the universe and presumabky theres 1 for every universe ergo 2 layers of infinite universes, and i havent watched amphibia but what im getting at with it is that is there is a frog realm and if we assume thats the size of the universe and theres 1 for every universe then that means 3 layers of infinite universes, and since the simpsons is canon to be locked in with rick and morty (there was that couch gag and also stewie revealed that sometimes he borrows stuff from rick and morty and sometimes they borrow from him and since family guy and simpsons is 110% canon to eachother thats enough proof to link them into this verse) that means that both heaven and hell exists and if we assume that each of them are as big as a normal universe that means 5 layers of infinite universes, and bill just easily made a rift that threatened all of it

tldr, Bill nearly destroyed a 5 layered infinite multiverse by just entering the physical world

It is true that they value certain people's opinions on things more I feel.

And those people can have inherent biases.

I will hope and pray 11D is not mentioned at all in Billcord
I doubt it will happen, it is more likely that it will be talked about in some black box or simply not mentioned at all.

after all the discord in the end is just a bunch of people's opinion according to what they believe, and not the real result of the death battle team.

I can be fine with Multi+ for Bill even if I still don't like it.

Portal scaling is still weird to me. The Nightmare Realm is specifically a place Bill wanted to GTFO from and was fated to destroy itself, so Bill sought to get out before that happens. An actual statement in those Journals (which is why it scaling to durability at all for me seems sus).

Being a threat to the wider multiverse and existence are both things that have been gone over way too much. People act as if Bill literally hasn't said he has infinite other versions of him that all probably have the same end goal as he does, which would result in infinite universal destruction regardless. Time Baby literally shows just the material universe exploding, and the fact this is all over time on top of this. Bill was always about destroying single dimensions and his goal was to literally only destroy their dimension when he was released and then move on to others. The Nightmare Realm collapsing leading to everything in existence going with it isn't Bill's doing at all and it's questionable if he'd even survive it.

But I digress. Man, the DB is gonna be controversial I feel.

IMG_2403.jpg

I have always preferred to highlight the most important connections, and only extend the text if necessary.

making paragraphs of connections most of the time I see it as an attempt to give more than what it really offers.
I feel it’s important sometimes if the characters are lesser known and you’re trying to sell others on the MU, but sometimes connection lists 100% just feel like filler

The reason I don't like Luigi VS Pac is that the connection and core theme limits Luigi to just a "ghostbuster" (yes we know that's what set him apart from Mario and it's his unique thing but it barely gives him anything vs-wise) and it doesn't really do Pac justice unless you composite him, but then do that to Luigi and we're back to square one.

I get it, I want Luigi to get done justice too and come back in a banger episode, but this feels like it got popular because it was a Luigi win and they have any connections at all.

The animation potential doesn't seem that great to me either (Pac has an arsenal yes but I wouldn't call them counters at all with how they function and it again relies on compositing), and I can't imagine the interaction potential being that great either?

But I'm in the minority so I'll just have to deal with it lol

I do think it can vibe decently well it's not like I think it's a terrible MJ but the fact people say "best for both" makes me scratch my head

I feel it’s important sometimes if the characters are lesser known and you’re trying to sell others on the MU, but sometimes connection lists 100% just feel like filler
oh in this case yes.

but yes, sometimes it feels like filler, especially when written in a way that makes it seem like there is more than there really is by adding a pile of text that can be easily summarized.

oh in this case yes.

but yes, sometimes it feels like filler, especially when written in a way that makes it seem like there is more than there really is by adding a pile of text that can be easily summarized.
I hate it when 90% of the text is just explaining the connection rather than the actual connection.

Example: They both died at some point (A was tragically killed by his dragon lover turned enermy, who breathed hot fire on him until his bones and flesh melted, B fell from a cliff after being tossed over by his lover turned to rival turned coworker turned roommate)

The problem is when it comes to folks focusing on connections they don't focus on getting the point across as simply as possible
And making sure you get from even just looking at it

For any MU you have to think far beyond connections and whether it has a strong or at worst doable dynamic to work with I don't care how thematic a MU is if it don't have a good dynamic or other factors to compensate it Im not gonna **** with it in any capacity

The problem is when it comes to folks focusing on connections they don't focus on getting the point across as simply as possible
And making sure you get from even just looking at it
Some people include core themes too, I've actually seen alot of people doing that on the subreddit, Hypersuda for example (who is also on the meme you've sent) pretty much always includes short core themes so that people could understand the MU

Mf the quote says they "exists in 7 through 11 dimensions at once"

Exactly where is the evidence this is referring to higher-dimensions? We know that the verse has infinite regular dimensions and we have numbered ones. It literally doesn't even say 7th or 11th dimensions like you would with spatial ones either. The entire context behind thinking there are 11 spatial dimensions relies on this incredibly vague statement that can be easily argued against.

Unless there is explicit statements that it has 11 spatial dimensions this is worthless
The funny thing is, those 7-11 dimensional aliens crashed into a 3D rock in what later became modern day Gravity Falls, and died.

And 2D beings hurt Ford, a 3D being.

Higher and lower dimensions have no infinite superiority over one another just from those showings alone, so even if we grant Bill his whole "threatens and scares higher-D beings" thing, it changes nothing in his tier.

Puss in Boots vs Mao Mao for season 10
Be lucky Puss (Puss in Boots) fights Meowth (Pokémon).

The funny thing is, those 7-11 dimensional aliens crashed into a 3D rock in what later became modern day Gravity Falls, and died.

And 2D beings hurt Ford, a 3D being.

Higher and lower dimensions have no infinite superiority over one another just from those showings alone, so even if we grant Bill his whole "threatens and scares higher-D beings" thing, it changes nothing in his tier.
If it has no hierarchies among those dimensions, ... Donnelly is right Bill Cipher's 11-D is not 11-D by our standard.

Last edited:
Oh, those GF 7-11D beings died crash landing on earth(or just normal Uni)?

Yeah, seems sussy lol

The benefit of doubt I can give to Bill is that lore seems to imply he is a legitimate threat to all, but if those 11D beings dont show real properties of a 11D being, thats bad. It seems that Bill's 2D realm was shown to have a proper difference between different dimensional beings, but even then that one also has oddities? And since Bill cant naturally travel to other dimensions, how could he loloneshot with supposed 11D powers, could he even reach those 11D beings had he escapen the weirdness bubble? Even in character Bill doesnt seem to one shot by destroying the universe and apparently he doesnt have existence erasure?

With that said, while we do shit on Bill and I am expecting Discord to win, Bill isnt quite that much of a chump unless ya have debated on him for years worth of wank lmao, he will likely match against Discord more well than some think.

I don't think the pics are showing up for me...

Also, I got to the part of DB Discord where they're calling Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen "animated **** but without the ****", how are you guys doing?
More than a week ago, we all discussed which DB combatants we wanted to **** from each season. We made lists and all that.

So the discord could be pretty horny if they want to. We were told to stop because there might be kids in the server and I pointed out "but Death Battle literally promotes boner pills and sex toy sites". I didn't get a good response other than "two wrongs don't make a right". 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back