• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know somebody submitted Larryboy vs Bibleman, and that they did give some thoughts on it, but I'm curious if that'll be it or if they'll have more. Probably not, but hey, at least they know the matchup exists.

New feat from Dark Crisis: Big Bang #1 (published December 13, 2022)

And yeah the Flash Family technically has at least two other feats that’d scale them to the AM from years ago. Though Flash dishing out the “Mightiest punch in the multiverse” sounds like it’ll be better scaling wise.
Didnt they push Zacian vs Sif a while back?
idk maybe
Someone did submit Luz vs Akko and that one did get plenty of support, so we shall see what they say when that one pops up
I see

New feat from Dark Crisis: Big Bang #1 (published December 13, 2022)

And yeah the Flash Family technically has at least two other feats that’d scale them to the AM from years ago. Though Flash dishing out the “Mightiest punch in the multiverse” sounds like it’ll be better scaling wise.
Yeah, I heard the previous AM feats were questionable / likely didn’t scale to him, but this one seems much more solid.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin teach me your ways to shill 🙏
Continue shilling it whenever you get the chance, do whatever you can for the MU to push its popularity. Make a blog for it, make thumbnails for it, post it to different subreddits / forums where Vs Discussion is popular, maybe make a matchup pitch video, if you get in the DBD post it in the channels dedicated to sharing MUs, next year if there’s another ballot, submit it there! It’s guaranteed to at least be seen if nothing else (it helps your case that there’s a huge Baki fan on the team in Liam too).

even if you think nobody’s listening, or nobody cares, keep pushing it!!! Someone will see it eventually, it’ll catch their eye, and they’ll start sharing it too.

If you can save up any extra money, maybe put it towards a fun comm! A versus track commission, art commissions, sprite 3D renders if doable, anything that could catch a person’s eye!

(I got a bit of surplus money from working holiday hours, and since there’s not many games and other things I’m interested in coming out rn, I’ve put it towards different commissions, there’s like 3-5 different Kasen v Sonic things in the works rn and there’s only gonna be more going into next year)

(I got a bit of surplus money from working holiday hours, and since there’s not many games and other things I’m interested in coming out rn, I’ve put it towards different commissions, there’s like 3-5 different Kasen v Sonic things in the works rn and there’s only gonna be more going into next year)
Out of curiosity, if you were the lead researcher for a hypothetical Kasan v Sonic episode then who do you think would win? I ask because it seems to be your favorite MU for Death Battle and I was wondering who you thought wins that MU

Continue shilling it whenever you get the chance, do whatever you can for the MU to push its popularity. Make a blog for it, make thumbnails for it, post it to different subreddits / forums where Vs Discussion is popular, maybe make a matchup pitch video, if you get in the DBD post it in the channels dedicated to sharing MUs, next year if there’s another ballot, submit it there! It’s guaranteed to at least be seen if nothing else (it helps your case that there’s a huge Baki fan on the team in Liam too).

even if you think nobody’s listening, or nobody cares, keep pushing it!!! Someone will see it eventually, it’ll catch their eye, and they’ll start sharing it too.

If you can save up any extra money, maybe put it towards a fun comm! A versus track commission, art commissions, sprite 3D renders if doable, anything that could catch a person’s eye!

I was able to get Ultraguy to prefer Ultraman Zero for Gohan
It's not certain but some cases it can help a MU odds of happening

Make a blog is definitely something I can do this I have too many docs for Baki stats lmao. But Making a soundtrack is gonna be harder, Baki has some bangers for music but Kenichi doesn’t really have memorable music besides the OPs

Out of curiosity, if you were the lead researcher for a hypothetical Kasan v Sonic episode then who do you think would win? I ask because it seems to be your favorite MU for Death Battle and I was wondering who you thought wins that MU
If you don’t mind a bit of a read, I actually made a whole G1-esque blog for the MU on my own! Check it out here if you’d like. Was a huge effort and passion project I spent a couple months working on (while ill with bronchitis lol

These are the stats I’d push for on a first Touhou episode (you can get them higher, but it’s not necessary for this MU and higher stats involves getting into higher cosmology stuff that would needlessly complicate things for a first go when there’s already so much to talk about, these are probably the most reasonable high stats for most to start with) and I think these are probably the best / most detailed Fleetway stats/abilities /scaling available as well.
Make a blog is definitely something I can do this I have too many docs for Baki stats lmao. But Making a soundtrack is gonna be harder, Baki has some bangers for music but Kenichi doesn’t really have memorable music besides the OPs
you could always just let Brandon go off like he did on Will of the Drill tbh. Just give him the base for Baki and whatever you can get for Kenichi

Last edited:

I should probably learn how to write blogs at some point, mainly because it's the only thing here that I doubt will cost me over $100. I'm not exactly in a position where I can just... spend that kind of money.

It seems you really like Touhou
Yeah, I’m a huge fan of the series, it’s in my top 3-4 favorite franchises period. And Sonic is my #1 since childhood lol, just a matchup I adore overall.

ive been putting a lot of work into Touhou in Versus since it’s a severely under researched verse, despite it having a relatively understood “op” reputation. I’m hoping to clean up the VSBW profiles for the verse really well over the next few years. I’ve had an ongoing Fleetway CRT for the past couple months too to get that verse up to snuff, since it’s a little rough on VSBW too.

Yeah, I’m a huge fan of the series, it’s in my top 3-4 favorite franchises period. And Sonic is my #1 since childhood lol, just a matchup I adore overall.

ive been putting a lot of work into Touhou in Versus since it’s a severely under researched verse, despite it having a relatively understood “op” reputation. I’m hoping to clean up the VSBW profiles for the verse really well over the next few years. I’ve had an ongoing Fleetway CRT for the past couple months too to get that verse up to snuff, since it’s a little rough on VSBW too.
Makes you wonder how do the japanese VS debaters render them in terms of power. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised VS stuff exists there (must be quite different from here obviously), but Touhou is pretty massive in its home country, isn't it?

And... what's the deal with Fleetway Super Sonic? He looks unhinged and evil as frig.

Makes you wonder how do the japanese VS debaters render them in terms of power. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised VS stuff exists there (must be quite different from here obviously), but Touhou is pretty massive in its home country, isn't it?

And... what's the deal with Fleetway Super Sonic? He looks unhinged and evil as frig.
I actually have no damn clue, haven’t interacted with many Japanese Vs Debaters.

also Fleetway Sonic, I described his story outline in the blog, but he’s essentially an alternate personality induced writhing Sonic due to exposure to negative chaos energy. Complete violent psychopath that just wants to destroy.

this won a raffle or something right?

This has no right going as hard as it does
Somebody must REALLY not like the Terminator, huh?
This... music rocks.

And people are expecting Doom Slayer vs Samus Aran or even Spawn.

Yeah someone "straight out stands with Skynet to pit Terminator against Doom Slayer".

I should probably learn how to write blogs at some point, mainly because it's the only thing here that I doubt will cost me over $100. I'm not exactly in a position where I can just... spend that kind of money.
Understandable.

Oh
A commissioned track from Therewolf Media costs US$300
A commissioned track from Brandon Yates costs US$300
  • +US$50 for one extra minute
  • +US$170 for vocals by 1 guest vocalist; +US$250 for vocals with 2 guest vocalists
  • +US$150 for instrumentalist collaboration with Therewolf Media
  • +US$50 for detailed track art
  • +US$40 for track reveal animation
  • +US$40 for track visualiser

Some lesser well-off people not willing to pay for that is totally understandable.

Last edited:
Hey dude, that is a really solid blog you made with a lot of information for Sonic and Kasen which makes it easy to get a good understanding of the characters themselves whilst simultaneously providing enough info for people to come to a solid conclusion.
A+ all around

Hey dude, that is a really solid blog you made with a lot of information for Sonic and Kasen which makes it easy to get a good understanding of the characters themselves whilst simultaneously providing enough info for people to come to a solid conclusion.
A+ all around
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it, that’s what I was trying hard to convey! I’m planning to go back and update my Marisa vs Yuffie blog to be up to the same standard as my Kasen v Sonic one soon as well, since it’s definitely flawed comparatively.

if you don’t mind me asking, out of all the matchups I listed at the end of the blog, which one would you be most interested in seeing next?

curious on there side of things on vs shit
Yeah, I’m genuinely interested in seeing how Vs Stuff is handled there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back