• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ozawf9jzjz4a1.jpg

Well the most popular =/= what was actually going to be there. People had ideas because of hearts or whatever and the fact we mentioned it in the Fireside, but it was never a confirmation towards the fact. It's still interesting for the team, just maybe when we can have a better grasp of how to tackle it (we know **** all about SCP) Probably later.
Ah fair enough, if you guys need any help with it the SCP research and revision team here is finally getting our collective asses together and making a full blog explaining the cosmology and canon of the verse

Alright given i got off work on all going to say my proper thoughts on Kratos vs Asura

kratos_vs_asura_by_xenozer0_dfjwezf-pre.jpg

Connections: Solid as you can get nothing more
Banter/Interactions: in this department neither character barbs and quips all too much(mainly on Kratos side) but works the most with Norse Kratos mainly. Kratos could throw a lil reference on how Asura reminds him on his old self
Animation/Dynamic: This is the biggest issue for this MU is how do you make the dynamic and the abilites mesh well between them

GOW is relatively grounded in comparison to AW over the top nature

when u look at both fighting styles between the two its hardly far from impossible but definitely questionable to hit the nail to make truly work for both parties especially for a 3Min fight

Definitely an interesting MU. Is there any medium-high interpretation of Asura that can allow him to compete with Kratos?

Maybe a hyperbolic statement, a feat open to exaggeration etc.

Asura only Uni if you buy Chakravatin being The Universal creator n shit and the the calc that puts him at Uni and that's it

If you go buy direct feats Asura stomps Kratos

Alright given i got off work on all going to say my proper thoughts on Kratos vs Asura

kratos_vs_asura_by_xenozer0_dfjwezf-pre.jpg

Connections: Solid as you can get nothing more
Banter/Interactions: in this department neither character barbs and quips all too much(mainly on Kratos side) but works the most with Norse Kratos mainly. Kratos could throw a lil reference on how Asura reminds him on his old self
Animation/Dynamic: This is the biggest issue for this MU is how do you make the dynamic and the abilites mesh well between them

GOW is relatively grounded in comparison to AW over the top nature

when u look at both fighting styles between the two its hardly far from impossible but definitely questionable to hit the nail to make truly work for both parties especially for a 3Min fight

Considering Kratos runs into a similar issue with Dante you can definitely make it work though, either just speed Kratos’ combat up a little to make it more cohesive or play Kratos to make him get less hits in but when he does they HIT HARD. Plenty of ways to make this work honestly.

Popeye was never depicted as fighting like an anime character yet he still worked in Poptama, they can totally work this fight.
Definitely an interesting MU. Is there any medium-high interpretation of Asura that can allow him to compete with Kratos?

Maybe a hyperbolic statement, a feat open to exaggeration etc.
hilariously enough in his fight with Chakravartin he creates and throws a moon at Asura that was calculated to have a GBE of 10x Universal iirc, so yeah the stats could be pretty close here.

Okay, where did Steve vs Emmet come from? Why is that even a MU
Steve vs Terrarian and Emmet vs Jesse were both on the ballot, they probably decided on that alternate.

Kratos is solidly 9 times universal while Asura is baseline (using volume scaling) but yeah lore Vs feats is going to be a major hurdle for DB to overcome when explaining it to the normie audience.

Many still can't get over how powerful Stars Wars and LotR characters truly are when they live action counterparts aren't too impressive. Confirmation bias is too strong!

Kratos is solidly 9 times universal while Asura is baseline (using volume scaling) but yeah lore Vs feats is going to be a major hurdle for DB to overcome when explaining it to the normie audience.

Many still can't get over how powerful Stars Wars and LotR characters truly are when they live action counterparts aren't too impressive. Confirmation bias is too strong!
Wasn't Chakravartin's moon feat 10x uni with GBE?

Nah Kratos sweep is gonna happen lmao. Like you would have to ignore all the lore stuff for Kratos for him to lose.
I mean, I lean more towards Kratos winning but I'm not gonna deny Asura not having a good chance. DB uses volume scaling which would make Asura closer to Kratos. Kratos would be 9x uni while Asura's uni feat is 10x uni as a lowball iirc. And if Kratos doesn't get infinite speed I think Asura would likely outspeed him through the interstellar travel & combat feats.

Kratos outhaxxes him if you give him all his Greek & Norse weaponry for sure but they both match each other in a lot of ways and Asura could potentially have a slight AP advantage and potential big speed advantage.

I mean, I lean more towards Kratos winning but I'm not gonna deny Asura not having a good chance. DB uses volume scaling which would make Asura closer to Kratos. Kratos would be 9x uni while Asura's uni feat is 10x uni as a lowball iirc. And if Kratos doesn't get infinite speed I think Asura would likely outspeed him through the interstellar travel & combat feats.

Kratos outhaxxes him if you give him all his Greek & Norse weaponry for sure but they both match each other in a lot of ways and Asura could potentially have a slight AP advantage and potential big speed advantage.
I mean aren’t there scans of the GOW universe being infinite?

Wasn't Chakravartin's moon feat 10x uni with GBE?
tbf idk if the team would find the calc to be legit
Yup my thoughts exactly, who knows if DB will actually buy it? I personally do but trying to explain to the casual audience that a galactic size moon being throw at MFTL+ speeds makes you 10x universal is a pretty hard sell on top of the GoW lore scaling/hax.

I dunno perhaps I'm underestimating how tolerant and understanding to lore scaling and wacky feats (that aren't joke episodes) the normies are?

Either way, I'm getting distracted it's time for me to continue playing the GOTY.

tbf idk if the team would find the calc to be legit
Depends on if they buy it or not, yeah, but its not completely off the table. Mathematically its rock solid to my knowledge.

I mean aren’t there scans of the GOW universe being infinite?
The Greek pantheon I believe so yeah. But they're very... iffy in how often they believe in infinite universes. The only verses I think they've given infinite universes to so far are Archie Sonic, Dragon Ball Heroes, Greek Mythology, Journey to the West, and maybe one other I'm forgetting. 9 infinite universes is definitely greater than 10x the power of a single universe.

My main point here was to just illustrate its not a complete sweep on either side here and depending on how things are viewed there's a very solid argument for both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back