• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the finale, what MUs/characters would cause a "strong reaction"? Strong reaction suggests that there will be a diverse reaction to it, mix of excitement an d hype with others reacting with disappointment and probably even anger. "Why is this the finale?" "Who wanted this?" Why this character for X popular fight"?

I actually don't know what they may choose

Gru vs Megamind will bring hype and excitement, not necessarily a "strong reaction" per se. Nobody will hate it if its the finale.
Kratos vs Dante is an acceptable finale and you either like or don't like it the MU.
Galactus vs Unicron is overdue by the point and most people would accept it as the finale
Simon vs Kyle is a community wanted fight, but the more casual viewers won't have a strong opinion about it, they will likely just accept it.
Rick Sanchez vs Doctor Who will probably please many, casuals and VSnerds alike, though some people hate Rick and Morty so there might be a vocal minority that will be upset if this is the finale, but nothing worth noting.

Those are my 5 finale MUs that I see coming and none of them tells me "strong reaction"

So, it may be a controversial fight. Maybe even a religious fight. Maybe it's Wiz vs Boomstick? With an annoucement that Season 10 is the last Death Battle season? That is guaranteed a strong reaction.

For the finale, what MUs/characters would cause a "strong reaction"? Strong reaction suggests that there will be a diverse reaction to it, mix of excitement an d hype with others reacting with disappointment and probably even anger. "Why is this the finale?" "Who wanted this?" Why this character for X popular fight"?

I actually don't know what they may choose

Gru vs Megamind will bring hype and excitement, not necessarily a "strong reaction" per se. Nobody will hate it if its the finale.
Kratos vs Dante is an acceptable finale and you either like or don't like it the MU.
Galactus vs Unicron is overdue by the point and most people would accept it as the finale
Simon vs Kyle is a community wanted fight, but the more casual viewers won't have a strong opinion about it, they will likely just accept it.
Rick Sanchez vs Doctor Who will probably please many, casuals and VSnerds alike, though some people hate Rick and Morty so there might be a vocal minority that will be upset if this is the finale, but nothing worth noting.

Those are my 5 finale MUs that I see coming and none of them tells me "strong reaction"

So, it may be a controversial fight. Maybe even a religious fight. Maybe it's Wiz vs Boomstick? With an annoucement that Season 10 is the last Death Battle season? That is guaranteed a strong reaction.
Wiz vs Boomstick is stated to be the Last Episode if they ever ended it but we don't know whenever DB will end

it definetly won't be a religious fight given they outright said no to using Jesus and wanted to test the waters on Mythology

One of these two imo

I don't think it's either of those two MU given Death Battle been focusing on a lot of new series in the second half so I feel the finale will feature a Big Name character from a franchise that hasn't been on the show

CDB Views

Batman vs Moon Knight - 171k
Shifu vs Splinter - 120k
Thor vs Superman - 118k
Mickey vs Bugs - 108k
Rick vs Who - 99k
Gojo vs Makima - 93k
Ainz vs Grim - 71k
Ghost Rider vs Sans - 65k
Shredder vs Ra's - 61k
Piccolo vs Magus - 59k
Scooby vs Courage - 57k
Guts vs Clare - 57k
Rocket vs Stitch - 53k
Mario vs Kirby - 51k
Picard vs Thrawn - 50k
Yor vs Beatrix - 47k
Star Lord vs Shepard - 44k
Vash vs Vincent - 42k
Snow vs Aragorn - 42k
Goofy vs Patrick - 38k S
kull Knight vs Nito - 37k
Ken vs Rock - 34k (less than a month)
Kyogre vs Chaos - 32k
Zelda vs Lucina - 32k (less than a month)
Bowser vs Dedede - 26k
Cap VS Ichigo - 17k (under a week)
So... Batman vs Moon Knight has a shot?

Y'all think asta vs deku will be 2d or 3d
It really has no reason to be 3D
Its in Sprite's
It will be made in sprites.
(Anyone hates the autocorrect backfiring?)

CDB Views

Batman vs Moon Knight - 171k
Shifu vs Splinter - 120k
Thor vs Superman - 118k
Mickey vs Bugs - 108k
Rick vs Who - 99k
Gojo vs Makima - 93k
Ainz vs Grim - 71k
Ghost Rider vs Sans - 65k
Shredder vs Ra's - 61k
Piccolo vs Magus - 59k
Scooby vs Courage - 57k
Guts vs Clare - 57k
Rocket vs Stitch - 53k
Mario vs Kirby - 51k
Picard vs Thrawn - 50k
Yor vs Beatrix - 47k
Star Lord vs Shepard - 44k
Vash vs Vincent - 42k
Snow vs Aragorn - 42k
Goofy vs Patrick - 38k
Skull Knight vs Nito - 37k
Ken vs Rock - 34k (less than a month)
Kyogre vs Chaos - 32k
Zelda vs Lucina - 32k (less than a month)
Bowser vs Dedede - 26k
Cap VS Ichigo - 17k (under a week)
Hm...

Should expect some of the bigger names being in the episode in the future.

(Sigh... Batman vs Moon Knight may have a shot. Or Moon Knight vs Azrael if the crew are smart enough)

I don't think it's either of those two MU given Death Battle been focusing on a lot of new series in the second half so I feel the finale will feature a Big Name character from a franchise that hasn't been on the show
How do they define big names though?
Like Saint Seiya is a big name yet the crew have not heard it until they face Beerus vs Hades.
(And we waited until Season 7 to see Sailor Galaxia (a Sailor Moon character) coming to Death Battle)

Gohan vs invincible it's just The average fight from the show
One sided against mark
Pretty much
its too one sided
Something something one-sided

Even worse
Something something lack of battle choreography potential
Something something better options from either character

Random thought: How does Deku vs Rock Lee work?

Last edited:
Saitama was just used in the finale last season
And they already stated they wanted to bring Goku back awhile ago this year so no Goku this season or next

the trailer looks good, although the audio of the clips is a little loud at least for me... I think the only thing to criticize is the miniature... but all that can be improved, I would say it's a good job.
I've been thinking of removing the little side thing with the characters as I think it makes it harder to fit clips. Also I agree on the audio part, it kinda annoyed me I couldn't find clips with Venoms first lines without the background music

I've been thinking of removing the little side thing with the characters as I think it makes it harder to fit clips. Also I agree on the audio part, it kinda annoyed me I couldn't find clips with Venoms first lines without the background music
Honestly I would remove it, at least if you don't feel comfortable with it, I've seen other trailer creators do a great job without the need to put winners or losers on the side.

and yes the theme of voice clips without background music are pretty complicated to find.

Honestly I would remove it, at least if you don't feel comfortable with it, I've seen other trailer creators do a great job without the need to put winners or losers on the side.
Its not really winner or losers, its just characters from the previous trailer, admittedly that might give me less of a reason to put it there
I also blame Kojima for the reason I cant find good audio clips, now with the big Hollywood actor we barely have clips of him speaking cause itd cost too much

Its not really winner or losers, its just characters from the previous trailer, admittedly that might give me less of a reason to put it there
I also blame Kojima for the reason I cant find good audio clips, now with the big Hollywood actor we barely have clips of him speaking cause itd cost too much
oh, I didn't know that, they are usually the winners and losers of the previous trailers.

uff how bad to hear that

Off the top of my head
  • Both are the hybrid children of a person from earth (Greg and Kratos) and a superhuman being from another planet (Rose Quartz and Laufey).
    • Both of their mothers were dead at the start of their series, but it is later revealed through a mural of memories (Pearl's memory bank and the prophecy murals in Jötunheim) that their mothers hid their true nature from both of them and were not exactly who they said they were, and that they were actually much more significant figures in their lifetime (Rose was actually Pink Diamond while Laufey was a Frost Giant) that went into hiding on earth after leading a failed rebellion (The Gem Rebellion and the against the Jotun rebellion/Laufey going against the other giants) against higher powers of their respective universes (Homeworld and Asgard) to protect the ones they loved.
    • Their mothers' deaths left them in the care of other their mothers' family, superhuman beings who almost exclusively knew war and combat but tried their best to raise a child on their own (The Crystal Gems and Kratos)
  • Both started their series not knowing who they were or what their purpose in their world was, mostly following the guidance of their parental figures as a base for their development.
    • Both fell victim to powerful emotions as a result of their heritage, upbringing, and the secrets kept by their parental figures that had disastrous, world altering consequences as their journeys progressed (Steven fell victim to doubt and depression while Atreus fell victim to rage)
    • After finding out who they really were (Steven was actually a Diamond, while Atreus was the Aesir god Loki) both eventually ran away from home and escaped to the world of their enemy in hopes of spying on their primary enemy (The Diamonds and Odin) and as a means of attempting to protect their family and preventing an all out war.
  • Both primarily fight in close combat despite their primary weapon choice being unfit for it (Steven's shield is a primarily defensive weapon, while Atreus wields a bow)
    • Their mother's weapon is a prominent symbol and part of the overall story of their series despite them not wielding it (Rose's Sword and the Leviathan Axe)
  • Both started their series having little to no supernatural abilities but they were gradually unlocked as their series progressed, including regeneration, healing, precognitive/prophetic dreams, and the ability to seal things in a small round object including opponents after they have been defeated (Steven's Bubblingand Atreus' Soul Marbles)
    • Both also have the ability to shapeshift into more powerful forms when enraged (Pink Steven and Monster Steven and Atreus' Wolf and Bear forms), which they only gained the ability to control near the end of their series
    • Both are also empaths with the ability to hear and feel the emotions of beings around them.
  • Both have an animal companion that is a giant supernatural predator with the power to tear holes in space and create portals that was brought back to life by their abilities (Lion, who was brought back to life by Rose's tears, and Fenrir, who was brought back to life when Atreus injected his soul into the dead body of Garm)

Last edited:
unknown.png

The time for Goku wankers to make him OP 🗿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back