• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If speed was equalised?

Surprised this match hasn't been discussed on here

Hmmm.png

Sauron VS The Lich King is a pretty rad fight. Wished they brought their army and Lich King does more spells but the fight itself while short is awesome and tense.
Unsure about Deku and Asta but even with my no knowledge on these two, even I find the MU choice odd.
We didn’t do Meliodas simply because we wanted to do Deku VS Asta. I just personally also find Meliodas uncomfortable. It’s not really the same as other characters who are bad people in the context of their story, the creepy stuff in SDS is presented as being normal and okay, and is injected into various aspects of the story.

Regardless, it’s a moot point because it wasn’t really a consideration anyway. Please stop spreading what I said like it’s the “official reason”, it’s not. We don’t have to have some in-depth justification for everything we do 24/7, sometimes matches just happen cuz we like ‘em.
That still a strange argument to make. Are you telling me that Astro Boy (robot design to be a kid) getting fuel by putting it up to his ass didn't make him uncomfortable? Or what about Ryūko Matoi who its always show to be nearly naked when fighting, someone who last time i check was a minor? Or worse what about Star Butterfly who literally genocide all magical species while the show treat such act as a good thing?
Also, don't use Melidoas because he its a "pedo" its really funny when they had no problem with characters like James Bond or Homelander.

Yeah, seems like an inconsistent reasoning. Though I guess for Homelander doing uh not good things to Starlight, he's a villain so it's fine get his shit kicked in but they didn't go with Meliodas due to being a hero of his series and the context around with roughly the same "uncomfortable" trait yet it doesn't present it as bad in narrative (I have little knowledge on Seven Deadly Sins, just going off from what I heard). Not sure where the James Bond part comes from, though.

Not to mention DB already had "pedos" in DEATH BATTLE before like Hal Jordan (before it got retconned or ignored), Deathstroke (Terra cough cough) and Wiz with his crush on teen Zuko.

Guess this means Seven Deadly Sins are unlikely to be on DEATH BATTLE?

Last edited:
Man, who knew people memeing about how one-sided Deku vs Asta is would get so boring so quickly? I might need to take a break until the next episode, but I probably won't because I have nowhere else to go...
I mean country vs continent and relativistic-FTL vs FTL+ doesn't sound nearly as one sided as so many matchups DB has done this season or even through the series history.

A reminder they did Omni-Man vs Homelander, a building level character putted against a planet buster just think about that. Or Spongebob vs SF Aquaman which was so cartoonishly unfair even the screw was so deliberal about it.

1e3a9a7d-8cbc-4c50-baba-fac8389163c5

Based take to be honest.
Meh... typical platitudes tbh but I'm indifferent to the MU (I don't even truly like BC or MHA but I understand their appeal) besides this is tame fare considering the RT debacles (DB and RWBY are the only things that are keeping RT alive at this point)
Where does the notion of the stigma tied to Meliodas even come from?
It's not just Mel it's the whole of NNT, essentially it has very suspect fanservice on top of the fact it has lolis/shota in it and well I don't think I have to spell it out. I onced enjoyed the work but the distracting perverse "moments", hamfisted romance sub-plots, Escanor getting done dirty and outright pitiful villains pretty much killed my excitement for the franchise (the animation quality drop from S3 onwards was just insult to injury).

In retrospect, I enjoyed the concept of NNT but the execution doesn't leave much to be desired, fortunately Saber (from Fate) fits that's niche for me now.

Where does the notion of the stigma tied to Meliodas even come from?
From this:
Okay little bit of context. Heavy spoilers for SDS: Meliodas and his lover have been together for thousands of years, but they have been cursed with a cycle of death and rebirth, Whenever his lover dies, she gets reincarnated, and when they find each other again (which they always do), she gets all her memories back of her past life, and that's when the curse kicks in, when she remembers everything, she ends up dying a few days later. And Meli can do nothing to stop it, and he remembers every life they have together (it's hella ****** up), so in the start of the series, they end up reunited and everything (Liz doesn't regain her memories until later), And She's biologically 16 in the story by this point.....And Meli is kinda a perv....So that's where The Pedo Meli stuff comes in (He doesn't end up doing anything too bad, and Liz never really minded it, But out of context it is super sus) Do not that I left out a few details here in there but that is the main gist of it
and this:

That's actually not the biggest reason why he gets called a pedo. Lets just say there's a certain infamous scene where he's holding a baby Liz who just reincarnated and basically demands someone to back off because she's HIS woman. Even with context, that scene is just a major NO.

Meh... typical platitudes tbh but I'm indifferent to the MU (I don't even truly like BC or MHA but I understand their appeal) besides this is tame fare considering the RT debacles (DB and RWBY are the only things that are keeping RT alive at this point)

It's not just Mel it's the whole of NNT, essentially it has very suspect fanservice on top of the fact it has lolis/shota in it and well I don't think I have to spell it out. I onced enjoyed the work but the distracting perverse "moments", hamfisted romance sub-plots, Escanor getting done dirty and outright pitiful villains pretty much killed my excitement for the franchise (the animation quality drop from S3 onwards was just insult to injury).

In retrospect, I enjoyed the concept of NNT but the execution doesn't leave much to be desired, fortunately Saber (from Fate) fits that's niche for me now.

saber, does that mean fate gets a chance on the show?

Okay little bit of context. Heavy spoilers for SDS: Meliodas and his lover have been together for thousands of years, but they have been cursed with a cycle of death and rebirth, Whenever his lover dies, she gets reincarnated, and when they find each other again (which they always do), she gets all her memories back of her past life, and that's when the curse kicks in, when she remembers everything, she ends up dying a few days later. And Meli can do nothing to stop it, and he remembers every life they have together (it's hella ****** up), so in the start of the series, they end up reunited and everything (Liz doesn't regain her memories until later), And She's biologically 16 in the story by this point.....And Meli is kinda a perv....So that's where The Pedo Meli stuff comes in (He doesn't end up doing anything too bad, and Liz never really minded it, But out of context it is super sus) Do not that I left out a few details here in there but that is the main gist of it
I just wanted a cool yet unique take on Arthurian myth instead we get a questionable plot where a demon shota and a goddess fall in love with each other and betray their clans "for reasons", Merlin is now a loli I guess? and the actual King Arthur gets killed off but he does get revived... as a villain (Oh Gawian is a teenage amazonian woman). I'm half convinced Nakaba (NNT/4KotA author) is on something.

From this:

and this:

I mean even ignoring that going based off of Japan's laws 16 is the age of consent over there and in many countries 16 is of legal age even including the UK.

Sure Meliodas is apart of the perverted troup in anime(make it what you will) as it's played for comedic effect, but besides from that(DB has had perverted characters on the show like Jiraiya and Roshi) I don't really see the major issue, she's not drawn to look like a child, anyone that is even remotely familarised with NNT knows Meli and Elis long life relationship, I can get some people feeling uncomfortable with the ages said but going based of everything there this is hardly anything that'd prevent him coming to DB(though this doesn't matter since they confirmed it doesn't)

edit; not condoning it in anyway just shedding some light on the subject, reading the terrain.

A reminder DB brought Ryuko onto the show, who's main stiqck is not only stripping naked but is a teenager but NOTHING was preventing them from bringing her in.

Last edited:
I mean even ignoring that going based off of Japan's laws 16 is the age of consent over there and in many countries 16 is of legal age even including the UK.

Sure Meliodas is apart of the perverted troup in anime(make it what you will) as it's played for comedic effect, but besides from that(DB has had perverted characters on the show like Jiraiya and Roshi) I don't really see the major issue, she's not drawn to look like a child, anyone that is even remotely familarised with NNT knows Meli and Elis long life relationship, I can get some people feeling uncomfortable with the ages said but going based of everything there this is hardly anything that'd prevent him coming to DB(though this doesn't matter since they confirmed it doesn't)

A reminder DB brought Ryuko onto the show, who's main stiqck is not only stripping naked but is a teenager but NOTHING was preventing them from bringing her in.
The thing is many peeps have grown to HATE that trope plus I for one have grown tired of seeing characters that are drawn exactly like kids or young teens but it's "ok" for them to engage in fanservice because they're actually 1000s of years old chronologically (it just feels like a cheap cop out to excuse sus moments imo) but perhaps I'm just too strict? I dunno.

I'm concerned they may steer clear of it since it originated from a H-game and the series as a whole is known for it's very ecchiness and 18+ stuff lol.
If they can have franchises filled with gratuitous fan service, explicit gore, unsubtle Nazism and other socially "spicy" subjects on DB, I see little reason why Fate can't appear (plus we're long overdue a redemption from THAT DBX).

Sauron VS The Lich King is a pretty rad fight. Wished they brought their army and Lich King does more spells but the fight itself while short is awesome and tense.
Unsure about Deku and Asta but even with my no knowledge on these two, even I find the MU choice odd.

Yeah, seems like an inconsistent reasoning. Though I guess for Homelander doing uh not good things to Starlight, he's a villain so it's fine get his shit kicked in but they didn't go with Meliodas due to being a hero of his series and the context around with roughly the same "uncomfortable" trait yet it doesn't present it as bad in narrative (I have little knowledge on Seven Deadly Sins, just going off from what I heard). Not sure where the James Bond part comes from, though.

Not to mention DB already had "pedos" in DEATH BATTLE before like Hal Jordan (before it got retconned or ignored), Deathstroke (Terra cough cough) and Wiz with his crush on teen Zuko.

Guess this means Seven Deadly Sins are unlikely to be on DEATH BATTLE?
Aight, Ivy vs Kurama it is then

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back