• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube has given JasonMichael age-restricted notice. Has this happened before? Omnilander doesn't have one. AdamApoc doesn't have one either.

Probably one reason why the view counts have slow down a lot. Still enough to overtake TrunkSilver already tho.
Dragonball and Sonic bros.....we got outviewed by Super Friends, capeshit, a toon force sponge, and the most disappointing fight in recent memory. What happened? I thought we were big draws?

Youtube has given JasonMichael age-restricted notice. Has this happened before? Omnilander doesn't have one. AdamApoc doesn't have one either.

Probably one reason why the view counts have slow down a lot. Still enough to overtake TrunkSilver already tho.
Dragonball and Sonic bros.....we got outviewed by Super Friends, capeshit, a toon force sponge, and the most disappointing fight in recent memory. What happened? I thought we were big draws?
Spongebob e'nuff said one of the biggest cartoon icons in history

Despite what we felt with JasonMichael episode normies enjoyed it and it took place on Halloween and feature two iconic Slashers and Halloween ends came out weeks ago

you can argue trunks losing to Silver and Cosmology shit turn folks off

Goro vs Machamp got it too.

Also get real, casuals hated seeing Trunks get killed by Pothead the Porcupine. They might have burned bridges like how FF fans dont care about Link vs Cloud 2. HercKong beat LinkCloud2 in views, which is wild.

Yeah Trunks v Silver suffered a very critical issue which screwed it over in the long run: they had a Sonic character beat a Dragon Ball character, let alone characters who are simultaneously hated and loved respectively.
Like it doesn't matter if DB's post analysis allowed them to explain to the audience why Silver won, as soon as Trunks took that L then all bets were off unfortunately

one characters who are simultaneously hated and loved respectively.
exactly
Sonic or Shadow beating a DB would invoke anger but those are the big dawgs of the series and would be tolerated mind Goku vs Sonic by StudioB or whatever has more views than majority of Modern DB episodes and it had Sonic beat Goku in that one

Silver beating Trunks a guy who made him his bitch in various fanmade vs fights didn't help matters and folks felt Trunks was lowballed in speed

Sad, stupid, but slight possibly happening.
Come on, Star Butterfly has one spell specifically for destroying a dimension of unknown size (implied to be universe at most) and takes around 2 undisrupted minutes to charge up and an extra 2 countdown minutes to set off and the crew members accepted that Star Butterfly is one to two universe level.
And they do not accept universe level Dante for stopping Mundus who merged two halves of universe into one in one go?
Not to say that that G1 blog itself was debunked by us - myself included.

But I should be confident they would cherrypick things they want from the G1 bloggers and throw away things they do not want.
Even more stupidly, it’s never even implied that Star even knows that spell anywhere in the series, they just took the idea that since it’s in the spell book she might know it lol

If you want to get into DB stans good graces i got the MU for ya
son_gohan_vs_ultraman_zero_by_zerchergoroshi_dfbwiup-pre.jpg

B-But tipper how would this MU help

new franchise
casuals would be interested to see how strong an Ultraman is especially if he's fighting a UI level opponent
Gohan can carry the episode himself his and piccolo movie made mad money despite the ass promotion
Gohan Beast Hype

There's Gohan vs Invincible for the views but I already gave multiple reasons for why that's a massacre and folks know it's a out as much free crumb you can get

Only 1.5 million in nearly a week though, i feel like the fight didnt satisfy normies either, you wanna see those two slice n dice each other

idk guys. Historically controversial decisions (Ben Hal/Goku vs Supes/Buu vs Kirby etc) tend to actually attract more clicks, especially if a Dragonball character is involved. Even if the episode ticked off the Dragonballbros, surely the Sonic base would've tuned in right?

fug Trunkssilver not only trended on Youtube, it trended on Twitter. It should've done more and we all know it. Enough to beat the capeshit MU that we always complain about.

Even more stupidly, it’s never even implied that Star even knows that spell anywhere in the series, they just took the idea that since it’s in the spell book she might know it lol
What are you two talking about? There wasn't a specific spell involved. The dimension bust feat was accomplished by charging up a wand blast by "dipping down", which Star has done multiple times.That's how the wand got the reputation of being able to bust a universe. That's why Star was sent to Earth in the first place, in case something catastrophic happens, at least Mewni would be safe and Earth would be toast. Kinda cruel, but the show later shows that the people of Mewni were not nice people at all.

Tbh YT has be broken for years now (and is among the biggest examples of sunken costs in modern times) yet no-one is going to fix it because Google knows people will use it regardless of Ui, QoL or policies so while videos have to yoyo between being age restricted, being marked "for kids" or being (wrongfully) copyright claimed on top of all the spam bots and more unskippable back to back ads, YT can keep on floating on permanent life support thanks to the Google monopoly.

Only 1.5 million in nearly a week though, i feel like the fight didnt satisfy normies either, you wanna see those two slice n dice each other
I think how big Jason vsMichael was always exaggerated. Not everybody is into horror movies, a lot of people don't like the genre. Still, yes 1.5m is still a bit too low considering the fandom would've given them too much shit if they didn't do the episode. Boba vs Predator also did 1.5m in a week.

This is not a good sign for SauronLich. I doubt that episode would do anywhere close to JasonMichael. I predict a flop.

I think how big Jason vsMichael was always exaggerated. Not everybody is into horror movies, a lot of people don't like the genre. Still, yes 1.5m is still a bit too low considering the fandom would've given them too much shit if they didn't do the episode. Boba vs Predator also did 1.5m in a week.

This is not a good sign for SauronLich. I doubt that episode would do anywhere close to JasonMichael. I predict a flop.
Didnt say it would be that big, but considering you did the 13th episode of the season on halloween and halloween series had its latest movie out you would think it would have had more views with the date and timing, i guess the fight itself wasnt to all normies liking

So ariel going from white to black is tamer to this?
If I had to be honest, I have never watched The Little Mermaid in my life so Ariel being black doesn't frustrate me as much as the possibility of having a Hercules remake influenced by TikTok.
Though it is still incredibly shitty regardless and it really shows that Disney is so bankrupt for any good ideas

idk guys. Historically controversial decisions (Ben Hal/Goku vs Supes/Buu vs Kirby etc) tend to actually attract more clicks, especially if a Dragonball character is involved. Even if the episode ticked off the Dragonballbros, surely the Sonic base would've tuned in right?

fug Trunkssilver not only trended on Youtube, it trended on Twitter. It should've done more and we all know it. Enough to beat the capeshit MU that we always complain about.
Well the latter two were in the early seasons and Ben vs Hal had a Big name character like Ben involved

Uni and all can be used, especially if kratos gets uni too

Dimensional tiering they aint touching, they never talked of it so far and wont any soon
We just got Silver v Trunks which was determined by dimensional tiering and was talking about in the episode? Lol.

They will avoid talking about it wherever possible though to minimize complexity though, it seems.

I think you’re putting a lot more stock into this than most. Most of the team I’ve interacted with seem pretty happy with the episode’s performance as of now, the episode trended on YouTube, I saw it spread across twitter like wildfire, and it and Jason v Micheal are really the only episodes that I saw break out of the Vs Community be discussed much more generally, it made a splash and got attention and still did over a million in a week, and it has multiple factors that could boost it down the line (new Sonic content, new DB content, etc). This ep is the furthest thing from a flop.

Also those big name episodes you mentioned featuring controversial losses are exactly what would have hurt DBs reputation in the long term, these are much older episodes that would have given plenty of time to spread among the mainstream community that had huge backlash, and when there’s multiple outcomes people dislike widely, and they feel the explanation was poor, it’s going to lead to reception that could hurt viewership long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back