• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched bond vs wick, it was fine. Bond was a bit to Archery for my taste but it was still decent. I like the inclusion of the cigarette bomb (though logically Bond would have also had his jet gun too since the cigarette was a last ditch item given to him by the Japanese), though Wick just letting him pull it off was kinda weird. Also the animation was spotty at parts.
To be fair, I doubt Bond expected a Cigarette Bomb.

What reference tracks you gonna use?
Kasen v Sonic I'm kinda splitting hairs over and still deciding. Kasen's theme in 14.5, Battle of the Flower Threshold, is the obvious answer for her, and I could probably use her Senkai theme, Overcome a Thousand Trials, as a motif as well, but it's generally a bit too lighthearted a track for what the fight's vibe would be.

Fleetway Sonic is the real issue cause I have a lot to choose between. He doesn't have a specific theme himself so I generally picked out themes associated with his era of Classic Sonic that are intimidating/powerful sounding, while still being quite catchy.

Currently the main choices are Big Arms (specifically the Generations rendition), Doomsday Zone, and maybe a motif from Chaos from FNF (it IS what revived his popularity after all).

The aim for the track is an aggressive metal/rock track, should sound like two monstrously powerful foes pulling a fight back and forth between each other, so probably switching between their motifs frequently to indicate the ever shifting battle. Since I don't quite have the money to make this a two parter like I'd want to (have a track for the fight pre-alter egos coming out, and a second track for after their alternate personalities come out and the fight becomes much more violent), I'll just focus on the 2nd track which is what the biggest part of the matchup is.

Cirno vs Jack is much easier, likely just the SMT1 battle theme and its various remixes to represent Jack, and Cirno's theme Tomboyish Girl and it's various remixes to represent her. I'm torn on if I want it to be a peppy, energetic synth rock theme in the kin of an SMT battle theme, or more in the style of the bombastic jazzy fun of Cirno's UNL theme.

If I had infinite money and could execute my perfect dream vision of Kasen v Sonic, I'd have two tracks. 1st track would represent them squabbling in their base forms, so it'd kinda have a more jovial, irreverent energy, since they're just fighting over a simple dispute at this point. Probably generally a remix of the theme NiGHTS and Reala from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, which is a jazzy bombast filled romp. It's a track made by Sonic Team that, while note a Sonic theme directly, would perfectly represent the fight. Interject motifs of Overcome a Thousand Trials and a Classic Sonic track and it'd fit perfectly for the first half of the fight.

Meanwhile the second track would be as I described above, the more visceral, violent rock track to emulate their violent, psychopathic personas overtaking them as they go all out and up the scale of the fight, truly trying to kill each other now.

So the yellow elephant in the room:
With all the scalings for Apocalypse and Cable defeated Apocalypse, and Booster Gold defeated Cable, is Black Adam actually far weaker than Booster Gold - this said with the scalings for both sides?
Apples n oranges here
Apocalypse has a lot more going for him that would put him over Cable and Booster Gold is more suited via his Shield via defense while Adam more of a physical heavyweight
We can pray it will be. Looks like they're finally running out of Marvel v DC fights to do honestly. They've run through basically all the ones anyone cares about still, they have very few left, maybe dont burn them all out this season lol.

They promised more new series' and surprising picks, so I'm hoping they'll follow through on that.
Pretty much
Not many big Marvel vs DC MU to do only Capeshit vs Non Capeshit

Pretty much
Not many big Marvel vs DC MU to do only Capeshit vs Non Capeshit
Yeah, I'd expect a lot more Marvel vs Non-DC and DC vs Non-Marvel MUs to start showing up now. Most of the remaining Marvel v DC matches that are actually worth doing they're probably gonna wait for promotional timings. Like Ant-Man vs Atom is likely to happen when the next Ant-Man movie rolls around.

Is Atom hearld tier?
Captain Atom - at least herald, possibly skyfather
The Atom - likely street tier (around Scott Lang level but with better size control)

(Captain Atom is for Molecule Man and... Actually Scott Lang Ant-Man is a better matchup with closer connections and even forms with The Atom than Hank Pym Ant-Man.)

Anyways Early Touhou talk does make hope the verse makes it in next season or something
I'd definitely like to see it on the shows, concerns about how they'll handle its stats and abilities and such aside. Just overall incredible potential for incredible episodes, banger music tracks, good choreography, and just an interesting franchise we've never had before. Every Touhou match seems to bring something cool to the table as well.

Do expect to see me and Fuji there hyperanalyzing every bit of the episodes if they ever release!

Hoping we can get Raidou vs John or maybe Naho next season
Raidou vs John has accelerated so high up my most wanted MUs list man. I only recently started reading Hellblazer and haven't even started playing Raidou's games (I have other SMT experience, though) yet, but it's just such a ******* awesome matchup thematically and fight potential wise. Vibes are incredible.

I'd definitely like to see it on the shows, concerns about how they'll handle its stats and abilities and such aside. Just overall incredible potential for incredible episodes, banger music tracks, good choreography, and just an interesting franchise we've never had before. Every Touhou match seems to bring something cool to the table as well.

Do expect to see me and Fuji there hyperanalyzing every bit of the episodes if they ever release!
Well obviously that's fair to expect
I do think about which MU they'll go to introduce the series and we discussed it's either gonna be Sakuya vs Hit/Homura

Well obviously that's fair to expect
I do think about which MU they'll go to introduce the series and we discussed it's either gonna be Sakuya vs Hit/Homura
I'd be genuinely shocked if Sakuya wasn't the character introducing the series with.

The only characters I feel they can start off with that give a good feeling of the verse, while also not being TOO COMPLICATED to introduce the series with, would be Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya.

Marisa kind of has the issue of being matchup soup, she has a million matchups but not one particularly more popular than the rest. My pushing for Marisa vs Yuffie Kisaragi or Rose Lalonde hasn't spread wide enough YET to net her much. She also is no longer the LEAST complex or least haxxed character in the franchise, due to 18.5 making Ability Cards standard to her equipment set, which gives her more haxx than a lot of characters.

Reimu is a more likely story, cause a lot of her MUs are much more popular, and her being the main character is always a solid introduction. Sailor Mars, Arle Nadja, and a handful of others are all solid opponents for her.

Sakuya on the other hand, introduces the series well, has a relatively simple scaling chain and feats list comparative to other characters, has a very interesting and well designed power-set, and her major, most popular matchups in Hit and Homura are generally from very, very popular franchises that she could ride alongside to guarantee a pretty good viewership on her episode.

Other characters such as Cirno, while definitely a good candidate with good matchups, would require too much in verse knowledge about the functions of Touhou's systems and specific physiology to understand the complications with that MU, alongside her being drastically weaker than most other characters giving a poor introduction to the verse's scaling. Remilia, Flandre, Youmu, Yukari, and Kasen are also all options that have a good MUs, but also struggle with the issue of being too complex as a first introduction. God forbid, imaging trying to introduce Yukari as the first Touhou rep? With all her abilities?

Surely people here are used to it by now, given how many Touhou CRTs I put out.

That aside I'd probably bribe Nemesis Bloodryche like $3 to get on one of his prediction videos so my bullshit can reach a wider audience.

I'd be genuinely shocked if Sakuya wasn't the character introducing the series with.

The only characters I feel they can start off with that give a good feeling of the verse, while also not being TOO COMPLICATED to introduce the series with, would be Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya.

Marisa kind of has the issue of being matchup soup, she has a million matchups but not one particularly more popular than the rest. My pushing for Marisa vs Yuffie Kisaragi or Rose Lalonde hasn't spread wide enough YET to net her much. She also is no longer the LEAST complex or least haxxed character in the franchise, due to 18.5 making Ability Cards standard to her equipment set, which gives her more haxx than a lot of characters.

Reimu is a more likely story, cause a lot of her MUs are much more popular, and her being the main character is always a solid introduction. Sailor Mars, Arle Nadja, and a handful of others are all solid opponents for her.

Sakuya on the other hand, introduces the series well, has a relatively simple scaling chain and feats list comparative to other characters, has a very interesting and well designed power-set, and her major, most popular matchups in Hit and Homura are generally from very, very popular franchises that she could ride alongside to guarantee a pretty good viewership on her episode.

Other characters such as Cirno, while definitely a good candidate with good matchups, would require too much in verse knowledge about the functions of Touhou's systems and specific physiology to understand the complications with that MU, alongside her being drastically weaker than most other characters giving a poor introduction to the verse's scaling. Remilia, Flandre, Youmu, Yukari, and Kasen are also all options that have a good MUs, but also struggle with the issue of being too complex as a first introduction. God forbid, imaging trying to introduce Yukari as the first Touhou rep? With all her abilities?
I think they'll go with Sakuya, given the OMM's success. It still has more views than most DB episodes, though Dio probably helped carry a bit. I'd be fine with either Hit or Homura, but part of me wants Homura more solely so we can get analysis that isn't "WHEN GOKU AND BEERUS CLASHED-".

Anyways covering Yukari's abilities is easy because they're all wank and flowery language.

That aside I'd probably bribe Nemesis Bloodryche like $3 to get on one of his prediction videos so my bullshit can reach a wider audience.

I think they'll go with Sakuya, given the OMM's success. It still has more views than most DB episodes, though Dio probably helped carry a bit. I'd be fine with either Hit or Homura, but part of me wants Homura more solely so we can get analysis that isn't "WHEN GOKU AND BEERUS CLASHED-".

Anyways covering Yukari's abilities is easy because they're all wank and flowery language.
I would totally annoy the shit out of Nem or Biff in a Discord call about Touhou to get a sliver of attention on one of those matchups. Especially Marisa v Yuffie or Kasen v Fleetway Sonic lol.

I wonder if they would immediately jump on Devil Homura ggs or if they would look into Sakuya countering it at all. I am kind of sick of hearing the same DBS feats discussed though, lol.

Also I mean, she just has so many, and Boundary Manipulation is an incredibly difficult ability to explain to a casual audience lol

Honestly even thinking if it's Either Hit or Homura I like to think of the advantages for both as far as regarding views

Madoka is a series that's fairly popular and Homura has the whole legacy aspect going down and she's more popular than Hit per say In terms of request

However Hit has the benefit of being affiliated to Dragon Ball one of DB biggest Money Makers and most Dragon Ball episodes on have constantly draw big views to the show

Dragon Ball Brand Recognition can help carry a series like Touhou that ain't well known to the Casual Audience and while u can argue Homura vs Sakuya could do decently well however, you have to remember as well it's a female vs female episode and most of the time outside the two MU this season (and event then they stagnant for awhile and had some cliffs to get there) they don't do all to well in views

I wonder if they would immediately jump on Devil Homura ggs or if they would look into Sakuya countering it at all. I am kind of sick of hearing the same DBS feats discussed though, lol.
As far I'm concerned it's pretty much
Sakuya vs Base Homura=Sakuya sweeps
Sakuya vs Devil=Homura Sweeps
It's a stomp in either direction
Cable on his way to ruin everything:
Honestly wouldn't fully surprise me given it was a CDB last year
But like Cable is hardly a requested character for a Runback and we just had a big Marvel vs Dragon Ball this season

Honestly even thinking if it's Either Hit or Homura I like to think of the advantages for both as far as regarding views

Madoka is a series that's fairly popular and Homura has the whole legacy aspect going down and she's more popular than Hit per say In terms of request

However Hit has the benefit of being affiliated to Dragon Ball one of DB biggest Money Makers and most Dragon Ball episodes on have constantly draw big views to the show

Dragon Ball Brand Recognition can help carry a series like Touhou that ain't well known to the Casual Audience and while u can argue Homura vs Sakuya could do decently well however, you have to remember as well it's a female vs female episode and most of the time outside the two MU this season (and event then they stagnant for awhile and had some cliffs to get there) they don't do all to well in views
Keep in mind a lot of female v female matchups lately have either sucked or just... not been all that requested. I don't think many people were asking for Blake vs Mikasa or Sindel v Canary, for instance, Korra vs Storm was widely controversial on release cause it was neither's preferred choice, Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is a ******* catastrophic episode.

Scartanna did pretty well off of having a very relevant character and a popular comics rep but probably suffered due to capeshit fatigue. I think Sakuya v Homura would have a chance to do pretty well. At least it should do better than most of the above listed ones.

Sakuya v Hit would very likely do better in views though just off of DBS's name alone.

That's fair, though I do think there's a lot of arguments for Sakuya still holding her own against Devil pretty well. We just haven't gotten them onto the Wiki yet because passing Touhou CRT's / Upgrades is notoriously difficult lol.

Hoping we can get Raidou vs John or maybe Naho next season
Naho... Bodacious
We would likely get Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs John Constantine and Cirno vs Jack Frost before that.

Or YHVH vs Arceus or King Drasil

This is Yukari Yakumo. Every wank - metaphorical or literal or even physical - upon her is a praise.

You thought she would fight against the titular villain protagonist of one quite obscure verse? Be prepared we would watch this purple cosmic monster of portal manipulation fight (and literally) stomp against another purple cosmic monster of portal manipulation.

Okay Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi / Jessica Ushiromiya are there, Reimu Hakurei vs Sailor Mars or Sakura Kinomoto (be reminded Yusuke Urameshi is for Ichigo Kurosaki or Yoh Asakura), ... Yeah matchups are easy to make. Just how Touhou Project gets into the radar of Rooster Teeth.

You want a real opponent against Demoness Homura Akemi? Try I-No or Hunter Zolomon. (One has had a commissioned music to boost popularity and I can tell the other will have one soon.)

But some people are still there trying to crush Kurumi Tokisaki with Homura Akemi.

Sakuya Izayoi vs Homura Akemi will be interesting enough.

And back to Sakuya Izayoi...

Well Hit is either fighting Sakuya Izayoi or no one else. Sakuya on the other hand... May actually murder Heaven Ascension DIO if people actually want to introduce alternate JJBA universes.

Blake vs Mikasa is requested. It is just the Rooster Teeth team effed it up so hard the voice actresses cannot voice for the characters properly.

He was trying to get information.
Like John Wick is thinking "why MI6 would send James Bond to kill me"? "Is MI6 behind whoever the auditor or the arbiter is"? Typical thing John Wick will do. Also let the characters build up their motive to kill each other. Remember James Bond also pretended to give John Wick a drink and throw that one liner before pointing the gun and even then he still talks shit before pulling the trigger. Not to say James Bond can definitely send a drone to camp John Wick and headshot John Wick from afar (like the fight would last far shorter) and end the fight as quick as he can.

The unseen bartender at the hotel is pretty calm though.

Also Hit is one of more popular Super era characters
Keep in mind a lot of female v female matchups lately have either sucked or just... not been all that requested. I don't think many people were asking for Blake vs Mikasa or Sindel v Canary, for instance, Korra vs Storm was widely controversial on release cause it was neither's preferred choice, Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is a ******* catastrophic episode.

Scartanna did pretty well off of having a very relevant character and a popular comics rep but probably suffered due to capeshit dwindling out. I think Sakuya v Homura would have a chance to do pretty well. At least it should do better than most of the above listed ones.

Sakuya v Hit would very likely do better in views though just off of DBS's name alone.
Not just the last two seasons but most overall
The last female vs Female episodes that did really well was Carol vs 18 and that was in season 4
Most mainly be near the damn bottom in views unless there fighting a male
Blake vs Mikasa was requested according to the crew but RWBY popularity over the years fell the hell off
Sindel vs Canary was them trying to bank off Bird of prey and we know well how that turned out
Korra vs Storm definitely didn't help matters
Agree on Batgwen lol

WandaZ did well though It benefited late from MOM boost mainly to see Wanda get her shit pushed in

Could it do better? arguably but popularity gonna be factor especially given the audience Death Battle appeals to

The last female vs Female episodes that did really well was Carol vs 18 and that was in season 4
Blake vs Mikasa was requested according to the crew but RWBY popularity over the years fell the hell off
Sindel vs Canary was them trying to bank off Bird of prey and we know well how that turned out
Agree on Batgwen lol

WandaZ did well though It benefited late from MOM boost mainly to see Wanda get her shit pushed in

Could it do better? arguably but popularity gonna be factor especially given the audience Death Battle appeals to
Poor. Pearl vs Undyne and Monika vs Miyuki Sone are still on my wishlist, and oh so is Altair (Re:Creators) vs Yukari Yakumo and Reimu vs Mars or Kinomoto and basically a lot of matchups of female characters vs female characters. Does that push Undyne vs Goro Majima and Yukari Yakumo vs Hoopa of all things? Oh Makima is now more locked onto fighting Satoru Gojo now as she already is.

Trevor should fight Majima.
Please god don't actually do that fight lol. Have Majima fight Setsuna Kiryu or Undyne instead.

Agree on Batgwen lol

Definitely, though I do feel that stuff like this needs to be looked at specifically on a case by case basis. So far most of the female v female episodes have had a reason for underperforming. Just like how Omni-Man vs Homelander being such a massive success because that MU was lightning in a bottle. Carol v 18 doing well shows that fvf battles can do well, they just have to be well chosen and not having things holding them back lol.

Okay Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi / Jessica Ushiromiya

Well Hit is either fighting Sakuya Izayoi or no one else. Sakuya on the other hand... May actually murder Heaven Ascension DIO if people actually want to introduce alternate JJBA universes.
God, why is Marisa v Jessica even a matchup? Isn't it literally just off of Jessica cosplaying as Marisa once, and they have damn near no connections otherwise? I'm pretty sure with how Umineko operates it'd be an absurd stomp as well, unless the crew decides to buy Tier 1 Touhou which while based and correct they wont. Yuffie Kisaragi and Rose Lalonde generally both have much better connections and offer a much more interesting fight/debate over who would win. Dissidia scaling for Yuffie makes the fight much closer and gives an insane back and forth of ability countering which could have a crazy fight, and Rose, while a Homestuck character, isn't one of the uber powerful ridiculous 1B or higher gods, and would actually stack up pretty well against Marisa and have a damn close fight. It's why I generally push both matches. Hell, even if its a horrible stomp in Marisa's favor, Lina Inverse is a much more thematic matchup for Marisa than Jessica lol.

I really doubt they'll introduce Heaven Ascension DIO so close to DIO being brought onto the show as well. Though I guess it is a possibility.

Like John Wick is thinking "why MI6 would send James Bond to kill me"? "Is MI6 behind whoever the auditor or the arbiter is"? Typical thing John Wick will do. Also let the characters build up their motive to kill each other. Remember James Bond also pretended to give John Wick a drink and throw that one liner before pointing the gun and even then he still talks shit before pulling the trigger. Not to say James Bond can definitely send a drone to camp John Wick and headshot John Wick from afar (like the fight would last far shorter) and end the fight as quick as he can.

To be fair, Bond's offer may have been genuine. He'd probably know that Wick was at least somewhat similar to himself through intel, so offering the man a drink before he has to die could be a sign of respect.

Kasen v Sonic I'm kinda splitting hairs over and still deciding. Kasen's theme in 14.5, Battle of the Flower Threshold, is the obvious answer for her, and I could probably use her Senkai theme, Overcome a Thousand Trials, as a motif as well, but it's generally a bit too lighthearted a track for what the fight's vibe would be.

Fleetway Sonic is the real issue cause I have a lot to choose between. He doesn't have a specific theme himself so I generally picked out themes associated with his era of Classic Sonic that are intimidating/powerful sounding, while still being quite catchy.
I get it's more on the "intimidating" side than catchy, but what about Sonic CD's USA/PAL final boss theme?

Naho... Bodacious
We would likely get Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs John Constantine and Cirno vs Jack Frost before that.
I think he's possible since he's the new kid on the block
YHVH vs Arceus or King Drasil
Don't think YHVH is likely due to being a floating head in like 99% of his appearances. I think Merkabah or Metatron maybe for a Law rep, but if we're getting a major reoccurring route representative, it's probably gonna be Lucifer
Trevor should fight Majima.

Please god don't actually do that fight lol. Have Majima fight Setsuna Kiryu or Undyne instead
This, preferably the latter for me

Just watched bond vs wick, it was fine. Bond was a bit to Archery for my taste but it was still decent. I like the inclusion of the cigarette bomb (though logically Bond would have also had his jet gun too since the cigarette was a last ditch item given to him by the Japanese), though Wick just letting him pull it off was kinda weird. Also the animation was spotty at parts.
Dont think Wick would have expected it, plus letting a man smoke his last cigar before death wasnt something that seemed threatening

You want a real opponent against Demoness Homura Akemi? Try I-No or Hunter Zolomon. (One has had a commissioned music to boost popularity and I can tell the other will have one soon.)

But some people are still there trying to crush Kurumi Tokisaki with Homura Akemi.
Zolomon isnt popular enough nor relevance as other flashes also none wants a DC speedsters again to win

I-No can have others to fight with, homura aint her single most go to, Kurumi is more similar with Homura, especially as young ladies with time powers
Sakuya Izayoi vs Homura Akemi will be interesting enough.
Sakuya has Hit as potential fighter
And back to Sakuya Izayoi...

Heaven Dio has a match vs the what if Ultron, dont think abyone wants that Dio face off anyone besides what if Ultron
Blake vs Mikasa is requested. It is just the Rooster Teeth team effed it up so hard the voice actresses cannot voice for the characters properly.
Its more that it was hyped up trash which only die hard fans of either characters or match itself were excited for
Or he prolly hid during all that to avoid getting hurt and all

Zolomon isnt popular enough nor relevance as other flashes also none wants a DC speedsters again to win
Depending how next season goes for the next Jojo MU, it's possible he can show up but not likely
Or he prolly hid during all that to avoid getting hurt and all
Bruh, imagine being the guy to pay for the damage

Depending how next season goes for the next Jojo MU, it's possible he can show up but not likely

Bruh, imagine being the guy to pay for the damage
By that time Kirei Kotomine would ask for a fight against Enrico Pucci.
And another JJBA weather manipulation user with a stand will fight another One Piece weather manipulation user "with a stand".

Welp finally watched he battle, first L of the season for me. Super boring both matchup wise and in the animation. I don’t get what people meant by it picking up in the second half. Most exciting thing was the car going haywire and it wasn’t even really a threat on the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back