• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Black Adam is one of the Capeshit profiles that has almost zero research put into it so I have no idea what he's bringing to the table in terms of abilities
He is basically a carbon copy of Shazam but willing to kill, and his scaling is all over the place, his best stuff have been outright debunked and taken out of context (hurting the spectre, fighting the Justice League, JSA and Teen Titans) so the best average we get on it is him being the same as Shazam on every level.

Speaking of which, I have no idea why Shazam has mid level regen for the reason they gave him, when in the literal scan they use he outright says it's because of his unique magic invulnerability and not normal regen, backed up by him and Black Adam both being hurt and staying hurt for an extended period of time (like when black adam got his jawbone shattered by Ultraman and was stuck like that for atleast days if not weeks)

Anyways
Thoughts on the fight: pretty solid honestly the preview and the start made it seem like we're going to get our first bad episode of the season but the team was really able to pick up the fight quickly, nice use of gadgets,HTH was done well both characters were done well overall nice decent start to the season
i give this episode 7-7.5/10
nice way to introduce movie characters

Next MU: Black Adam vs Apocalypse is one of the only interesting Marvel vs DC fights left, and honestly hope this one actually standout as one of the better episodes given the last few be decent at best

Tiki wrote a solid episode this season with Magneto vs Tetsuo hopefully he writes another banger

609Chandelure.png

It was me Jimmy. I was the one who got shot/molten down by James Bond after Johnny ate several pistol-shotgun fire and a stomp towards an Aston Martin DB5 just stopped running amok so that I landed a killing blow on John Wick by playing a cowgirl above him.

Episode was okay, the fight was VERY jank through out, and it was almost distracting when it almost seemed to change between bad animation and good animation back and forth. I liked the use of gadgets and the changing set pieces but also thought it ended a little suddenly. I'd probably give the episode a 7/10.
While they did composite Bond, I think they composited the stuff that makes sense, with the movies and canon videogames, and while they acknowledge the lightspeed feats for Bond, it's only in a black box and they call them outliers. All in all decent episode, but one of the lower end ones for this season if not the lowest.

Next time in my mind will basically all but decide the Marvel vs DC debate on Deathbattle as both will be directly comparing their uni+ feats and comparing and this battle will solely depend on where they put Black Adam on the scale.

James Bond VS John Wick. The MU itself is eh, prefer Jason Bourne. The episode itself is decent. A bit poor at the start though the setup is nice but it picks up much faster and better after a few seconds. Overall alright, but could've been a bit better.

609Chandelure.png

It was me Jimmy. I was the one who got shot/molten down by James Bond after Johnny ate several pistol-shotgun fire and a stomp towards an Aston Martin DB5 just stopped running amok so that I landed a killing blow on John Wick by playing a cowgirl above him.

"Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind." - - PokéDex entry from Black, X andOmega Ruby
"The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever." - PokéDex entry from B2W2, Y and Alpha Sapphire

Oh god, Wick has a fate worse than death.

My biggest complaint was that despite having Bond on the backfoot for a good portion, Wick just didn't feel like he dealt any noticeable damage.
That's true, they could've show John doing more serious damage to show he's a threat. Then again, he stabbed Bond.

and his bullet scratch him at the start
Wick ate one laser shot at his hand, a grenade (explosive pen) explosion point blank, dropped several storeys no-sold some machine gun fire, got his one eye shot blind, chest burst open at least twice, then kicked towards a car shooting machine gun fire, and then got stabbed at several places by a chandelier falling from several storeys above.

And Bond got scratched by a bullet, tossed and slammed head on, ate the same pen explosion and fell the same several storeys, and got stabbed and slammed against a pillar.

That was a brutal and close fight in the fight and by verdict. The "street" fight we have it here. The other close fight is the multiverse dwarfing fight between Scarlet Witch and Zatanna Zatara.

So, I'm feeling like Apocalypse might take next episode
Like Avatar Spectre that Black Adam punched a few holes through is another "golden tree".

But yeah Apocalypse is stronger than one may think.

But then the logic time is here:
Cable defeated Apocalypse.
Booster Gold defeated Cable.
Does Black Adam defeat Booster Gold?
If yes, then answer is Black Adam defeats Apocalypse.
If no, then we have a lot more research work to do.

The H2H combat improvement gives me hope that Kiryu can actually get a good showing.
In all likelihood, they’ll probably pick Wei Shen to be his opponent. They’d have to commission a 3D model for Shizuo, as opposed to just ripping Shen’s model from Sleeping Dogs. Kiryu vs Wei Shen also seems to be a fairly popular MU within the Yakuza fandom.
Yeah, I know it's the most likely one. I just wish they'd go with Shizuo because he's a better MU AND they could use Wei against Yagami, who's from literally the same series and fits more thematically, and has more interesting counters to Wei's crazier shit. Would allow for two crazy h2h street their MUs instead of cucking us out of one or the other.
My biggest complaint was that despite having Bond on the backfoot for a good portion, Wick just didn't feel like he dealt any noticeable damage.
I kind of disagree. I do wish Wick ****** him up a bit more, but he whooped his ass in nearly every hand to hand interaction, tossed him around, even stabbed him and left him completely winded at the end of the fight. Not bad all things. Considered.

So, I'm feeling like Apocalypse might take next episode
Lol my Marvel & DC nerd friend yelled out loud "What the **** is Black Adam gonna do?" When we had the watch party for the fight LOL.

Claiming to beat out ARCHIE SONIC in haxx is a strong statement u gotta support lol
Tbh the disparities between those who overhype Archie Sonic into being a NLF and those who downplay him into fodder oblivion is quite the amusing long running topic in the Vs community, perhaps I'll write a blog about it some day.
To be fair Origin claimed to have no idea and threw out a guess
No surprises there.
Archie Sonic is one of those characters with mucho texto wall of abilities.
Unironically one of the best comics books profies here in terms of P&A, jurisdiction and formatting tho.

Unironically one of the best comics books profies here in terms of P&A, jurisdiction and formatting tho.
Yeah, I've noticed the profile only got better and better as time went on. Even back in like 2018-19 when they were 2As still the profiles were formatted decently well, but they've only gotten better.

There aren't many profiles as good as them imo, especially not in the scenes of comics. I guess if we were counting other forms of media. I think Game Sonic's and Kirby's are up there as well in terms of being comprehensive well formatted mucho text walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back