• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here we go. In no particular order:
First one they went over is Colex. Ben literally asked how many people there actually played either game. Ben actually doesn't know if this match-up is cool and needs people to sell the fight. He called the match-up a meme lol.
RE: Meta-Knight vs Zero: Seems ok, with it, but Ben said both had "other options". Would like to do it in sprites.
RE: Wolverine vs Bigby Wolf: They're not familiar with Wolf. It seems "fun"
RE: Baki vs Ohma: "Super interesting"-Ben
Re: Luigi vs Pac-Man: They love the idea
Re: Azula vs Cycolonis: They never head of Cycolonis. They would like to bring in Azula. Chat recommended Cinder vs Azula instead.
Re: Sans vs Judge: "Incredibly niche". Most of the chat never played OFF per chat poll.
Re: Robotboy vs Jenny: Ben is not familiar with either character. Chat loves the idea.
Re: Team Rocket vs Pilaf Gang: They are all fans of the match-up. They would like to do it, with proper resources and time. Ben asked the chat how format the fight should be (3D vs Sprites). Sprites won.
Re: Ash vs Yugi: A match-up they will do eventually, but will require a lot of resources.
Re: Bugs vs Mickey: They like it....yup.
Re: Finn and Jake vs Modercai and Rigby: They are fans of the match-up. Duo match-ups are long overdue.
Re: Dimitri vs Guts/Kratos vs Asura: They are interested in doing them.
Re: Slappy vs Chucky: Seems to be a good one. Alt: Chucky vs Leprechaun
Re: Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut: Ben said this is going to be the next Archie rep MU
Re: Bill vs Discord: On top of their list. Nothing more.
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown: Ben indicated that they missed the boat with this one and said Travis has better opponents now.
Re: Doctor Manhattan vs Richard Nixon: They were baffled by the idea, but they will definitely look into it.
Re: Walter White vs Light: They acknowledged the match-up popularity and now Ben sees the fight everywhere.
Re: Simon vs Kyle: They liked the fight....
Re: Luz vs Anne: It's an awesome fight. The "modern Steven vs Star". They do want to bring in Owl House.
Re: Goku vs Goku: Fun
Re: Han Solo vs Captain Kirk: Cool, overdue MU.
They asked the chat if they want to see Genshin. Mixed response. Mostly no.
Re: Ori vs The Knight: "Pretty neat idea"
Re: Raiden vs MechaGodzilla: "What???" Ben prefers Hulk vs Godzila (if i heard correctly)

"Even your match-up doesn't win, don't be surprised if you see these match-ups one day"

They talked about other match-ups, but they glossed over them and didnt provide much details, plus I should be working lol so I was not able to grab everything.

KIRBONIC THEY MENTIONED YOUR MATCH-UP
I WAS THERE LIVE I LITERALLY IMPLODED YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM

As for what they said about the MU, I’ll get a clip for it later, but here’s a text summarization:

-DJTiki said he’d be interesting in Touhou, noted it’s very popular in internationally but not so much in the west
-Ultraguy (before the cast) liked the MU and was interested in it happening, would like to cover Fleetway as well
-Ben was confused on who Kasen was until DJ said Touhou, then he recognized it the series
-Said Fleetway would be very fun to work with due to how different his backstory & Super Form are
-Had concerns about if them bouncing around Sonic continuities so much could cause issues, they don’t wanna stray from the game canon too much or potentially cause audience confusion
-Mentioned that they really love Archie Knux v Juggernaut and it’s definitely going to be the next Archie Sonic MU, which continues their concern with jumping from canons so much, especially since they’ve done two and are going to do a 3rd Archie MU
-Ben likely only noticed the MU from the shock of Sonic against an anime girl
-Ben said “Kirbonic Pikmin” out loud which threw me through a dimensional portal
-The chat gave a lot of support for both Touhou and Fleetway appearing

Sigh you know as much as I personally prefer Deku's other MU's Deku vs Gon is both there best especially Gon's plus just having Hunter x Hunter on Death Battle is sooo long overdue for such a beloved shonen series.
Deku_vs_Gon.png

It'll just be sad to see best shonen protag get washed pensive

First one they went over is Colex. Ben literally asked how many people there actually played either game. Ben actually doesn't know if this match-up is cool and needs people to sell the fight. He called the match-up a meme lol.
Betting my left nut Ben trolling given
It was a CDB
He literally didn't use Alex for Carnage given he had someone else in mind for Alex and it sure as hell was Cole

RE: Meta-Knight vs Zero: Seems ok, with it, but Ben said both had "other options". Would like to do it in sprites.
Like who? Meta only has Riku,BRB And Pouya Guy
Who does Zero have
Wolverine don't need to come back but a free W ain't bad

Baki vs Ohma chances are up
Sweet
Re: Azula vs Cycolonis: They never head of Cycolonis. They would like to bring in Azula. Chat recommended Cinder vs Azula instead.
Literally Who also Cinder vs Azula is fine
Re: Sans vs Judge: "Incredibly niche". Most of the chat never played OFF per chat poll.
Sans vs Judge bros...
Re: Robotboy vs Jenny: Ben is not familiar with either character. Chat loves the idea.
Re: Team Rocket vs Pilaf Gang: They are all fans of the match-up. They would like to do it, with proper resources and time. Ben asked the chat how format the fight should be (3D vs Sprites). Sprites won.
1.Figures Jenny is decently known these days while Robotboy is a who to most

2. well wouldn't be bad for a joke Mu if it akin to Hercules vs Dan i could be down
well now not surprising
Re: Ash vs Yugi: A match-up they will do eventually, but will require a lot of resources.
Re: Finn and Jake vs Modercai and Rigby: They are fans of the match-up. Duo match-ups are long overdue.
1.Based
2.Well no shit
3.Double Based

Re: Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut: Ben said this is going to be the next Archie rep MU
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown: Ben indicated that they missed the boat with this one and said Travis has better opponents now.
1.Archie going 2-1 soon Based
2.Well well well Looks like Bill vs Discord is on the Menu
3.Good **** that MU
Re: Doctor Manhattan vs Richard Nixon: They were baffled by the idea, but they will definitely look into it.
Re: Walter White vs Light: They acknowledged the match-up popularity and now Ben sees the fight everywhere.
1.Fuckery MU but honestly interesting
2. I hate this Shit post MU Swan PLZ Push Columbo vs Light harder
3.Sweet
Re: Luz vs Anne: It's an awesome fight. The "modern Steven vs Star". They do want to bring in Owl House.
Re: Raiden vs MechaGodzilla: "What???" Ben prefers Hulk vs Godzila (if i heard correctly)
1.Akko Bros.....
2.Lame honestly
3.cool
4.lol Genshin sisters
5.cool
6.Hulk Bros? Our First W?!

As for what they said about the MU, I’ll get a clip for it later, but here’s a text summarization:

-DJTiki said he’d be interesting in Touhou, noted it’s very popular in internationally but not so much in the west
-Ultraguy (before the cast) liked the MU and was interested in it happening, would like to cover Fleetway as well
-Ben was confused on who Kasen was until DJ said Touhou, then he recognized it the series
-Said Fleetway would be very fun to work with due to how different his backstory & Super Form are
-Had concerns about if them bouncing around Sonic continuities so much could cause issues, they don’t wanna stray from the game canon too much or potentially cause audience confusion
-Mentioned that they really love Archie Knux v Juggernaut and it’s definitely going to be the next Archie Sonic MU, which continues their concern with jumping from canons so much, especially since they’ve done two and are going to do a 3rd Archie MU
-Ben said “Kirbonic Pikmin” out loud which threw me through a dimensional portal
I started to laugh when he said your name, so I can only imagine how you felt

Betting my left nut Ben trolling given
It was a CDB
He literally didn't use Alex for Carnage given he had someone else in mind for Alex and it sure as hell was Cole

Like who? Meta only has Riku,BRB And Pouya Guy
Who does Zero have

Wolverine don't need to come back but a free W ain't bad

Baki vs Ohma chances are up

Sweet

Literally Who also Cinder vs Azula is fine

Sans vs Judge bros...

1.Figures Jenny is decently known these days while Robotboy is a who to most

2. well wouldn't be bad for a joke Mu if it akin to Hercules vs Dan i could be down

well now not surprising

1.Based
2.Well no shit
3.Double Based

1.Archie going 2-1 soon Based
2.Well well well Looks like Bill vs Discord is on the Menu
3.Good **** that MU

1.Fuckery MU but honestly interesting
2. I hate this Shit post MU Swan PLZ Push Columbo vs Light harder
3.Sweet

1.Akko Bros.....
2.Lame honestly
3.cool
4.lol Genshin sisters
5.cool
6.Hulk Bros? Our First W?!
Meta Knight specifically had Riku mentioned AND Tiki pointed out the fact it’d be a 2-0 vs 2-0 MU which is incredibly evil.

also Wolverine vs Bigby eventually leaned into Old Man Logan vs Bigby btw.

I started to laugh when he said your name, so I can only imagine how you felt
I’ve been watching this show since I was young so seeing the literal host say my username out loud was surreal

Will it use way less resources when they do Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia instead? What has happened to Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia? This and Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto (and for a while Ash Ketchum vs Nate Adams) are the top 3 matchups with Ash Ketchum.

kirbonic will probably beat me to it, but I can do that one. Just after work
I won’t be home for like 3 hours and likely won’t be available for another hour after that cause I have to do some stuff before I can access my PC, so if you can do it before then it’d be greatly appreciated. It starts with bens shock at Sonic vs an anime girl iirc and ends a little bit after they discuss Sonic MUs and Touhou

See the thing is, how would they do it? Card games are drastically different from Pokemon Battles.
One (boring) way to do it is they make it a card game battle, which I refuse and insist on doing Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia instead.

Animation potential for Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto can be just terrible. (Do we also not mention that Yugi Muto hax stomps so hard it is just tamer than OmniLander and SpongeQuaman)

See the thing is, how would they do it? Card games are drastically different from Pokemon Battles.
One (boring) way to do it is they make it a card game battle, which I refuse and insist on doing Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia instead.
Origin posted a short animation he made of Ash and Yugi fighting and it looked amazing, don't act like Ash vs Yugi will be impossible to do, lol

Ben also called Kasen an anime girl lol
Touhou characters being called "anime girl" is not something new.

I have much more niche matchups, you know.
I still feel that Luz VS Akko is better, but this is not bad. What's the connection between Luz and Anne?
Too bad. It is Sans' best opponent in my opinion.
IDK how Death Battle does this because it is not traditional Death Battle.
Archie Knuckles: Do I look like I need your power?
First, it is a new verse which is still updating. Second, it and its origin are controversial. I propose The Traveler VS Sun Wukong because Impact to the West.
The matchup may be a stomp in Manhattan's favor.

-The chat gave a lot of support for both Touhou and Fleetway appearing
I can understand Ben's concern given you don't wanna hop around versions after versions

Yeah Hulk should blitz every version of Godzilla afaik (even Grey Hulk one shots most versions lol). Though if they composite Godzilla then Hulk might have some problems, since one version of Godzilla is apparently an abstract 4th dimensional being
I think Heisei Godzilla just recently got buffed to Low 2-C on here as well.
Not that it means shit since you know, Hulk's way stronger by DB's scaling, but I'd like to see how they scale Marvel Godzilla due to that version's scaling to Thor and Hercules

Okay, here we go. In no particular order:
Re: Slappy vs Chucky: Seems to be a good one. Alt: Chucky vs Leprechaun

"Even your match-up doesn't win, don't be surprised if you see these match-ups one day"

They talked about other match-ups, but they glossed over them and didnt provide much details, plus I should be working lol so I was not able to grab everything.
On that first matchup they discussed, Ben Singer is so out of touch it hurts. People have been asking for that episode since the show started. They probably have missed the boat on it, admittedly, since no one has talked about either series in years.

Also, how is the poll going to work, exactly? Are these the options on it? Or is it going to be like, a poll where people suggest things and then vote on them, with there being no set amount of options?

On that first matchup they discussed, Ben Singer is so out of touch it hurts. People have been asking for that episode since the show started. They probably have missed the boat on it, admittedly, since no one has talked about either series in years.
Like i said Ben has to be trolling cause The MU was a CDB last year and they didn't even want to Use Alex fo Carnage back in S5

I can understand Ben's concern given you don't wanna hop around versions after versions
Idk I think it’s fine so long as it’s clear in the episode what version is being used. A statement in the opening of the vid and in the title tends to clarify just fine. I’ve seen no confusion on this part in most audience goers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back