• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fireside chat coming up on November 2nd and here's the most popular match-ups from the discord. This is based on hearts/reactions. So no actual votes, just reactions.

100+ reactions:
Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (Infamous vs Prototype)
Absolutely insane that this match up that I've seen request for as far back as a decade ago is going to require a vote to finally be done

Last edited:
Having watched Jason vs Michael ... kinda underwhelming, but not outright bad. Most of the criticisms I have have already been said, so I won't be a broken record. Looking forward to Sauron vs Arthas, even if I know next to nothing about LotR and even less about WoW. Out to be an entertaining learning experience.

https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog....50-most-wanted-death-battle-matchups-wip.html

As I said earlier, working on a blog post on my 50 most wanted matchups. The goal is to write at least one paragraph for each one. The bulk of these are pretty highly requested among the Death Battle community, but I've tried to throw in a few more unique ones in there.

Looking for:
10 more matchups to get the count up to 50 (the more unique, the better).
Matchup ideas for Hawkman, Mystery Dungeon Grovyle, and Castlevania Alucard.
Arguments why a matchup is good/pushback why they aren't.

Having watched Jason vs Michael ... kinda underwhelming, but not outright bad. Most of the criticisms I have have already been said, so I won't be a broken record. Looking forward to Sauron vs Arthas, even if I know next to nothing about LotR and even less about WoW. Out to be an entertaining learning experience.

https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog....50-most-wanted-death-battle-matchups-wip.html

As I said earlier, working on a blog post on my 50 most wanted matchups. The goal is to write at least one paragraph for each one. The bulk of these are pretty highly requested among the Death Battle community, but I've tried to throw in a few more unique ones in there.

Looking for:
Oh, I know some MUs for them.
For Mystery Dungeon Grovyle there's Archie Silver (I know he already appeared on the show but I genuinely cannot find anyone better for Grovyle)
Time traveling, super powered, and anthropomorphic warriors from a dystopian future that is ravaged by a god-like being (Iblis and Dialga). After coming to the present, both were originally distrusted by the main heroes because of their actions (Silver tried to kill Sonic as he was lead to believe that the Blue Blur was responsible for his future's destruction, while Grovyle was misjudged and branded as a villain for stealing the time gears in order to prevent the planet’s paralysis) and cold behavior, but are later revealed to be pure-hearted and highly optimistic beings who are passionate about saving their future, even if it comes at a great cost. Both also end up teaming up with the main heroes and their friends/allies to bring down not only the god-like beings responsible for their future's destruction, but also the true antagonists of their stories (Mephiles the Dark and Dusknoir); beings who are fanatically devoted to go to any lengths to make sure that said future will happen. Both have a purplish pink best friend who helps them in the present (Blaze and Celebi). Both are also alternate universe versions of popular video game characters who are their most powerful versions.
And for Alucard there's Sakuya, you can read connections here.

Looking for:
50 matchup involving obscure characters by Mariogoods

Mr. Freeze (DC Comics) VS FrostNova (Arknights)
Connection: Two antagonists who have their physiology altered after unintentionally contacting certain substance. The physiology includes passively producing coldness surrounding them.

Oh wow, JasonMM already at 822k views.

Quality sure didn't hurt the views lol
Y'all grossly overestimate the standards of the casual audience lmao.

Although fr, there is plenty to enjoy about the episode despite what some people have said here, and it's still a very popular horror MU debuting on Halloween, I'm not remotely surprised it's doing well.
pretty much Normies in the comment section and Reactors loved it despite the obvious issues

Yeah, realistically speaking large majority of DBs are fine, if you are generous almost no DB is flatout bad.

Ofc in a forum discussion & esp. having more detailed opinions on things skew towards more criticism. If I were to look at JasonMM in casual viewpoint, it's at worst harmless.

Sauron at his physical prime should scale above amped Ungoliant which lands him at Galaxy levels of power.

260543629_4508506199242268_2937693882044781661_n.jpg

Not to mention, DB could give him some wank by backscaling from Morgoth.

I don't think Lich King wins.

Sauron at his physical prime should scale above amped Ungoliant which lands him at Galaxy levels of power.

260543629_4508506199242268_2937693882044781661_n.jpg

Not to mention, DB could give him some wank by backscaling from Morgoth.

I don't think Lich King wins.
Aren't there uni Lich King arguments as well?

Sauron is not universal, he’s not even planetary. Hell, he’s not even continental. I don’t know where this meme originated from but it needs to stop.

Now I rewatch Jason Voorhees vs Michael Myers, the episode is nice overall. Even the fight. And I mean, let us be honest this is not Excalibur vs Raiden despite the joke run by me and Mariogoods. The team just wanted to show the characters as in-character and as to the original as possible. They could have more animated time for the two to actually fight against each other though, even some chasing against each other would be better than just distracted by some passers by.

Ben Singer wants Korra vs Storm because he wants an animated battle of weather element manipulation users.

Then he ignores Storm vs Nami, Nami vs Domenico Pucci (Weather Report) and Storm vs Weather Report exist.
those are not good alternatives
Now I rewatch Jason Voorhees vs Michael Myers, the episode is nice overall. Even the fight. And I mean, let us be honest this is not Excalibur vs Raiden despite the joke run by me and Mariogoods. The team just wanted to show the characters as in-character and as to the original as possible. They could have more animated time for the two to actually fight against each other though, even some chasing against each other would be better than just distracted by some passers by.
All i feel is the Blender teams needs other folks to help shed the work load

Okay per the JasonMichael commentary, they were going for "climax at the end of a horror movie". Which I suppose isn't a bad approach, except in a movie, we get to know who the victims are and im sure there would've been more fighting.

also they said that DevilArtemis had to fight off a hurricane to able to animate this fight. Now i kinda feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back