• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I commend your shilling of your MU, hope more people recognize it. Also would like to ask the connections so I can share it around myself

Finally advertising Kasen v Sonic on R/DBM. Should hopefully help it drum up a little bit more attention, maybe.

I wanted to finally finish WaHH so it took me a little longer than I would've liked to get to it, but eeeeehhh it iiiisss what it iiiisss

tempsnip.png

Having a fun time writing the Kasen v Sonic blog. The answers to the questions are blotted out because I'm not spoiling blog stuff yet but I think this is an extremely funny set of questions with absolutely 0 context.

To further add it's boils to what MU would be the best way to introduce the franchise given Fate complicated info
I think Saber vs Erza would be a good match to introduce fate in DB, from what I remember it's a decently popular mu and Saber (At least the standard king arthur version most people are familiar with) doesn't seem to have much of the more complicated stuff for Fate attached to her so it'd be a good start to ease the franchise into the show without diving straight into all the weird shit first

I think Saber vs Erza would be a good match to introduce fate in DB, from what I remember it's a decently popular mu and Saber (At least the standard king arthur version most people are familiar with) doesn't seem to have much of the more complicated stuff for Fate attached to her so it'd be a good start to ease the franchise into the show without diving straight into all the weird shit first
Fair enough Erza has got enough new shit to reintroduce her on to the show and Fairy Tail is still decently popular these days

tempsnip.png

Having a fun time writing the Kasen v Sonic blog. The answers to the questions are blotted out because I'm not spoiling blog stuff yet but I think this is an extremely funny set of questions with absolutely 0 context.
Interesting to know how you are going to sell Fleetway Sonic vs Kasen Ibaraki in the most precise wordings?
For example:

• Hit vs Sakuya Izayoi - battle of cosmic time stoppers
  • Yuffie Kisaragi vs Marisa Kirisame - battle of powerful, young and energetic kleptomaniacs that sometimes drag their friends around everywhere
  • Reimu Hakurei vs Sailor Mars - battle of cosmic power level red-and-white shrine maiden
  • Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomoto - battle of powerful red-and-white female protagonists playing around pseudo card battle systems
  • Cirno vs Jack Frost - battle of goofy yet powerful ice manipulation "monsters"
  • Yukari Yakumo vs Altair - battle of powerful lady danmaku spammers who has a missing close one who dies and is considered to be among the strongest characters in their verses
  • Yukari Yakumo vs Hoopa - battle of purplish powerful portal manipulation users
  • Phoenix Ikki vs Fujiwara no Mokou - battle of powerful phoenix-themed fighters

Last edited:
Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic - Protagonists associated with nature who withhold an alternate psychotic, violent, murderous personality in their strongest form, who spend most of their story trying to suppress or stop said half. @Jasonsith

If you believe hard enough just maybe
pOQWW9AQqmr3iKAROrgY1Xb0mvhUz6Q2qtWplTrCWYzwozh37ISuPyNqvipCQbBTmF9btkOTArhA=s1600
So cartoon network shows exist in the same multiverse with that scan eh?

I remember the grim adventures and kids next door had a crossover and billy mentions at the start the ppg, in credits i think mandy went to the ed, edd and eddy series too, heck in steven universe crossover with uncle grandpa, the green dino says there is a multiverse (implying CN shows are all in it)

Let alone the shorts having the CN shows live in the same city and interact with each other

Tbf not only Jimmy also has crossovers but the fight itself is more like, hax/speed relevant on which case Jimmy is likely faster.
Nick's crossover stuff caps at like 2-C and requires prep to siphon off energy from multiple universes, the Dexter/Mojo stuff easily way higher and might unironically be Low 1-C.
Also do to the crossover you could probably scale Dexter to Ben, PPG or Jack and also created a jammer that can temporarily neutralize robots in a matter of seconds.
Ff2a7D2WAAo0YWb

I always preferred Michael to Jason when I was younger (He was one of my first "Nightmare fuel" horror characters I can remember, alongside Scream) , so seeing him get packed up is gonna be a doozie lol

Its kind of random how we got a bunch of Horror movie reboots in the 2000s, I wonder how you guys would rate them overall

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
Rob Zombie Halloween Movies (2007-2009)
Friday the 13th (2009)
Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

all of them get a bad rep via not being the "original" while also in the "all remakes are bad" era of film thought, but honestly all of them are pretty decent, imho

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, would be a solid 8/10 and while being a remake, it's actually more of an alternate timeline/reboot, as it's a completely different story for the most part outside of a couple little things, while upping the griminess and gore of the original.

Rob Zombie in general gets really shit on as a director but he also has an incredibly specific style of filming where every frame of every movie he does radiates with his love for grindhouse, 70's horror and comedy and the like, and his take on Halloween is no different, it's also by far the most closest to the original film, with a majority of the scenes being shot for shot albeit in a grittier fashion. It was trying to do something different with it's Michael Myers and I think it did it successfully, and the sequel while not for everyone, is a great arthouse film based around psychology and drenched in symbolism and metaphor, the duology isn't for everyone but objectively I'd give the first one a 6/10 and the second one a 7/10

Friday the 13th 2009 is a great rapid fire retelling of not only the first Friday the 13th film but actually Parts 1,2 AND 3, giving you a condensed and concise more grounded take on the story, with plenty of hardcore kills and even a decent few surprises, it also gave Jason one of the rawest redesigns ever, completely re-doing his "baghead" design into one of the scariest looking slashers (man do I wish they kept the new baghead design for a bit longer.) Over all I'd probably treat it as the best of the "big four" remakes and a great way of catching people up on Jason's backstory without having to watch the first 3 films, (though I still heavily recommend them) 8/10

Nightmare on Elm Street definitely was an interesting one, it tried to do a lot different and a lot the same and the results are mixed, the CGI definitely suffers from early 2000s CGI and they use it LIBERALLY in the film, and a lot of the creativity of Freddy's kills are reduced to gory slashings for better or worse. While Robery Englund controversially wasn't Freddy in it, I also don't necessarily think that's a bad thing (it's a remake for a reason people) but Freddy in the remake is almost an entirely different character in general, much more withdrawn personality wise and the rare quips have a more serious sinister tone to them. They also gave an interesting twist in the story of the teens trying to figure out if Freddy actually was innocent of his crimes in life, calling into question the vigilante/mob storyline of the original, but also more explicitly make Freddy a literal pedophile (in the original films he was just a child murderer, but they make it pretty clear in the remake he sexually assaulted the main characters as little children......yikes....) Overall this is the weakest in my mind of the remakes, not bad, but it felt like just a cheaper, edgier version of the original despite some really great performances, 6/10

all of them get a bad rep via not being the "original" while also in the "all remakes are bad" era of film thought, but honestly all of them are pretty decent, imho

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, would be a solid 8/10 and while being a remake, it's actually more of an alternate timeline/reboot, as it's a completely different story for the most part outside of a couple little things, while upping the griminess and gore of the original.

Rob Zombie in general gets really shit on as a director but he also has an incredibly specific style of filming where every frame of every movie he does radiates with his love for grindhouse, 70's horror and comedy and the like, and his take on Halloween is no different, it's also by far the most closest to the original film, with a majority of the scenes being shot for shot albeit in a grittier fashion. It was trying to do something different with it's Michael Myers and I think it did it successfully, and the sequel while not for everyone, is a great arthouse film based around psychology and drenched in symbolism and metaphor, the duology isn't for everyone but objectively I'd give the first one a 6/10 and the second one a 7/10

Friday the 13th 2009 is a great rapid fire retelling of not only the first Friday the 13th film but actually Parts 1,2 AND 3, giving you a condensed and concise more grounded take on the story, with plenty of hardcore kills and even a decent few surprises, it also gave Jason one of the rawest redesigns ever, completely re-doing his "baghead" design into one of the scariest looking slashers (man do I wish they kept the new baghead design for a bit longer.) Over all I'd probably treat it as the best of the "big four" remakes and a great way of catching people up on Jason's backstory without having to watch the first 3 films, (though I still heavily recommend them) 8/10

Nightmare on Elm Street definitely was an interesting one, it tried to do a lot different and a lot the same and the results are mixed, the CGI definitely suffers from early 2000s CGI and they use it LIBERALLY in the film, and a lot of the creativity of Freddy's kills are reduced to gory slashings for better or worse. While Robery Englund controversially wasn't Freddy in it, I also don't necessarily think that's a bad thing (it's a remake for a reason people) but Freddy in the remake is almost an entirely different character in general, much more withdrawn personality wise and the rare quips have a more serious sinister tone to them. They also gave an interesting twist in the story of the teens trying to figure out if Freddy actually was innocent of his crimes in life, calling into question the vigilante/mob storyline of the original, but also more explicitly make Freddy a literal pedophile (in the original films he was just a child murderer, but they make it pretty clear in the remake he sexually assaulted the main characters as little children......yikes....) Overall this is the weakest in my mind of the remakes, not bad, but it felt like just a cheaper, edgier version of the original despite some really great performances, 6/10
Did you like the recent Candyman ?

You know G1 blog used dead by daylight for michael to counter from jason own game his stuff, but dbd team have said jason is guaranteed to come in their game with open arms eventually, only problem was that the lawsuit prevents them, yet they still keep an eye on that to talk a deal when all done

So eventually michael wont have dbd stuff matter in the future either

You know G1 blog used dead by daylight for michael to counter from jason own game his stuff, but dbd team have said jason is guaranteed to come in their game with open arms eventually, only problem was that the lawsuit prevents them, yet they still keep an eye on that to talk a deal when all done

So eventually michael wont have dbd stuff matter in the future either
Ideally, he'd be a mix of Michael and Trapper in the game

Also thinking about Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut and how honestly, if we want to go for a better version imo, they should use Kuurth Juggernaut as they play around with a lot more hax in regards to him being "unstoppable" which could give a more entertaining fight of Knuckles trying to figure out a way to stop him like how the X-men were just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks to keep Kuurth from moving

Also fair warning to you all, once November 8th & 9th hit, I will not be around as much for probably a couple weeks. That's because the ridiculous combination of Sonic Frontiers and immediately afterwards God of War Ragnarok release back to back. I will be playing this games religiously like my life depends on it until I finish both and likely until I 100% Frontiers so I'll probably be scarce for a good chunk of November. I'll still pop by whenever the chance arises though!

In the meantime I'm aiming to get any and all Kasen v Sonic plans out while I can. I might unfortunately have to bench the video I wanted as I still haven't kicked this lingering cough from my bronchitis and my allergies seem to be kicking in the **** with my nose now, but if I can make it I'll try to make it. I'm definitely getting this blog out at very least...

Also thinking about Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut and how honestly, if we want to go for a better version imo, they should use Kuurth Juggernaut as they play around with a lot more hax in regards to him being "unstoppable" which could give a more entertaining fight of Knuckles trying to figure out a way to stop him like how the X-men were just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks to keep Kuurth from moving
I imagine they'll be giving Juggs everything across his history unless Kuurth Juggs is wildly, massively different from the main Juggs.

Eh can't really agree with that given not many are familiar with that version of Juggs and how non standard it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back