• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of these things

If the halloween fights will be themed stuff like werewolf fight, vampire fight, slashers fight, what can be for upcoming ones
Mummy fight
Or maybe werewolf vs vampire
Or straight up BR.

Got some potential MUs I think could happen during Halloween:
  • Universal pictures monsters BR (classic monsters)
  • Legosi vs Edward (Beastars vs Twilight) (werewolf vs vampire rivalry)
  • Denji vs Yuji (Chainsaw Man vs Jujutsu Kaisen) (devil/curse themed)
  • Snatcher vs Devil (A Hat in time vs Cuphead) (Ghost and devil with bad deals)
  • Perhaps any popular enough Springtrap MU (FNAF, need I say more)
  • Freddy vs Pennywise (Nightmare on Elmore streets vs IT) (Nightmare/fear)
  • Eliza vs Anakaris maybe (Skullgirls vs Darkstalkers) (Mummies)
  • Hsien-Ko vs Squigly (Darkstalkers vs Skullgirls) (Zombies)
  • Giygas vs Lavos (Earthbound vs Chrono Trigger) (One of the most scariest ***** in videogame history)
  • Ash William MUs
  • Walking Dead MUs (Zombies)
  • Mysterio vs Scarecrow (Marvel vs DC) (fear/illusions)
  • Luigi vs Pacman (Mario vs Pacman) (Ghost hunters)
  • RED vs Sonic.EXE (NES Godzilla Creepypasta vs Sonic.EXE) (Creepypasta)
  • Sans vs Judge (Undertale vs OFF) (monsters who despite being so have more human in themselves than the protagonist)
  • Brook vs Raptor (One Piece vs Darkstalkers) (undead beings)
  • Impostor vs The Thing (Among Us vs The Thing) (Monster behind the human face)
  • The Medic vs Edward Richtofen (Team Fortress 2 vs Call of Duty: Zombies) (Scary medics)

And a loooot more.

Mummy fight
Or maybe werewolf vs vampire
Or straight up BR.

Got some potential MUs I think could happen during Halloween:
  • Universal pictures monsters BR (classic monsters)
  • Legosi vs Edward (Beastars vs Twilight) (werewolf vs vampire rivalry)
  • Denji vs Yuji (Chainsaw Man vs Jujutsu Kaisen) (devil/curse themed)
  • Snatcher vs Devil (A Hat in time vs Cuphead) (Ghost and devil with bad deals)
  • Perhaps any popular enough Springtrap MU (FNAF, need I say more)
  • Freddy vs Pennywise (Nightmare on Elmore streets vs IT) (Nightmare/fear)
  • Eliza vs Anakaris maybe (Skullgirls vs Darkstalkers) (Mummies)
  • Hsien-Ko vs Squigly (Darkstalkers vs Skullgirls) (Zombies)
  • Giygas vs Lavos (Earthbound vs Chrono Trigger) (One of the most scariest ***** in videogame history)
  • Ash William MUs
  • Walking Dead MUs (Zombies)
  • Mysterio vs Scarecrow (Marvel vs DC) (fear/illusions)
  • Luigi vs Pacman (Mario vs Pacman) (Ghost hunters)
  • RED vs Sonic.EXE (NES Godzilla Creepypasta vs Sonic.EXE) (Creepypasta)
  • Sans vs Judge (Undertale vs OFF) (monsters who despite being so have more human in themselves than the protagonist)
  • Brook vs Raptor (One Piece vs Darkstalkers) (undead beings)
  • Impostor vs The Thing (Among Us vs The Thing) (Monster behind the human face)
  • The Medic vs Edward Richtofen (Team Fortress 2 vs Call of Duty: Zombies) (Scary medics)

And a loooot more.
I think nows about time to push Hideo Suzuki vs Rick Grimes

Ok but:
1. I don't think at bare least DB, would use that for Low 1-C, especially if it's generic "outside of time and space" stuff which usually is not enough for dimensional tiering requirements.
2. Again the fight is more hax dependent rather than pure AP, and there's no trouble in giving to Jimmy some Dura neg guns (such as cheese ray)
3. Without crossovers Jimmy likely blitzes Dexter via his own space travel feats.
4. Jack caps at rela, PPG and Ben might be equal or faster to Jimmy space travel feats. But if we are using crossovers for Dexter we can do same with Jimmy to SpongeBob in speed who is well, needles to say, is faster than any cartoon network rep.
Tbf they just gave 5D to DBH for “outside time and space” stuff didn’t they?

giphy.gif

After Super Hero Gohan's biggest connection with Jon is gone, that being a ducking disappointment.

you know the size difference between Optimus vs RX Gundam?

and yet the fight made their size close for the animation
and the crew could easily make the size difference work anyways
I think ppl make size differences out to be a larger issue than they are. Unless a character is LITERALLY GARGANTUAN compared to the other, the size can generally be evened out/coped closer. Kirby characters are a perfect example of these, they’re all 8 inches tall, Sonic characters as well, they’re only about 3 feet. And ONCE AGAIN Ultraman can change sizes from regular human to giant, so he could be normal sized for like half the fight.

There’s also plenty of ways to make a giant vs a regular sized person interesting in combat, you just have to be smart with your choreo and work with that in mind. Gohan is an incredibly mobile character with long ranges attacks and matches Ultraman’s power, boom, that gives him what he needs to work around it. Hell, you could have the fight be him actually having trouble managing his giant form until pulling out Beast and finally being able to rival him despite the side difference.

I think ppl make size differences out to be a larger issue than they are. Unless a character is LITERALLY GARGANTUAN compared to the other, the size can generally be evened out/coped closer. Kirby characters are a perfect example of these, they’re all 8 inches tall, Sonic characters as well, they’re only about 3 feet. And ONCE AGAIN Ultraman can change sizes from regular human to giant, so he could be normal sized for like half the fight.

There’s also plenty of ways to make a giant vs a regular sized person interesting in combat, you just have to be smart with your choreo and work with that in mind. Gohan is an incredibly mobile character with long ranges attacks and matches Ultraman’s power, boom, that gives him what he needs to work around it. Hell, you could have the fight be him actually having trouble managing his giant form until pulling out Beast and finally being able to rival him despite the side difference.

they could easily make the size fit for the animation

like shown Ultraman can match the pace and style of a DBZ character making it no issue for the style of combat

they could easily make the size fit for the animation

like shown Ultraman can match the pace and style of a DBZ character making it no issue for the style of combat

Thank you all.
And basically some way to bear in mind for the animators when dealing with those "David vs Goliath" fights:

• Screw canon size difference just make the canonically much bigger character slightly bigger in the simulated fight
  • Make one character fight with long range for a significant amount of time
  • Make one character summon giant avatars or at least giant weapons to clash against

Oh how you view the following treatments

• Kirby vs Majin Buu - Basically they just clash like other characters with similar sizes
  • Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam - Gundam does not look much larger in the animated fight
  • Ben 10 vs Green Lantern - Way Big vs Hal with giant box gloves and slinging a moon construct
  • She-Ra vs Wonder Woman - She-Ra does not look much taller in the animated fight
  • Magneto vs Tetsuo Shima - Magneto vs Tetsuo Shima in giant baby mode
  • Black Adam vs Apocalypse - Black Adam with Yellow Lantern vs Apocalypse in monster giant form

How do you comment on the existing team's treatments?

Thank you all.
And basically some way to bear in mind for the animators when dealing with those "David vs Goliath" fights:

• Screw canon size difference just make the canonically much bigger character slightly bigger in the simulated fight
  • Make one character fight with long range for a significant amount of time
  • Make one character summon giant avatars or at least giant weapons to clash against

Oh how you view the following treatments

• Kirby vs Majin Buu - Basically they just clash like other characters with similar sizes
  • Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam - Gundam does not look much larger in the animated fight
  • Ben 10 vs Green Lantern - Way Big vs Hal with giant box gloves and slinging a moon construct
  • She-Ra vs Wonder Woman - She-Ra does not look much taller in the animated fight
  • Magneto vs Tetsuo Shima - Magneto vs Tetsuo Shima in giant baby mode
  • Black Adam vs Apocalypse - Black Adam with Yellow Lantern vs Apocalypse in monster giant form

How do you comment on the existing team's treatments?
So, it's Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta vs Omnimon? I'm not liking these odds for the fused Saiyan lol

A temporary form switch to giant is kind of a different case than a character who’s always giant, that’s typically much easier to work into a fight since it’ll only be for a short time compared to something like a character who’s innately large.

But choreography in which one character is significantly larger than another can be compelling, you just have to play it smart, mix in getting close and rushing in on them, punishing their big swipes by hitting them repeatedly and ducking through their size, countering from long range with projectiles, temporarily trying to escape, or just outright countering their strength with your own are all possible.

Gender bent Jason Voorhees vs Gender bent Michael Myers?
Cell okay but why though.wmv

I ******* hate that Jason design so goddamn much. I don't care how much you want to fap! Facial disfiguration is a key element to the character
Well... Maybe the disfigured face part is hidden in the mask...

What about Twilight vs Gohan? I’ve seen that recently
Yeah why?

Maybe Twilight Sparkle vs Timmy Turner or Rudy Tabootie or even Timmy Turner vs Rudy Tabootie makes more sense.

Pennywise is more popular
Freddy Krueger vs Pennywise or bust.

And yes Thaal Sinestro vs Yuuki Terumi is overdue.

Just dropping in to announce that, after I finish my current plans for blogs with Kasen v Sonic and my planned Touhou Feats Collection Blog & potential Cosmology blog (and potentially another Vs MU blog if Therewolf opens his comms again and I have the cash to get one) I definitely want to do @Loh67867 's Archie Tails vs Ran Yakumo MU as a blog. Because it's honestly one of the most ridiculous debates for an MU I've ever partaken in, ridiculously close and it flip flopped back and forth on who I thought actually won for a long, long time. It's incredibly complex and has a shitload of things to go over so absolutely don't expect it anytime soon at all, but definitely check it out if you get the chance.

and yet the fight made their size close for the animation
and the crew could easily make the size difference work anyways
It's mainly because they used the IDW size for Optimus rather than his G1 size. IDW Optimus is over 11 meters tall and G1 Optimus is 6 meters, the latter being almost twice as tall as the former.

This is why Optimus comes up to the Gundam's waist and not its knees

Doing some research on Kirby lore. How accurate is this video?

auggghghhhhhhghhhhhh you pulled up my old ass video. God I made this while I was still on high school on a cheap craptop with a 20 dollar headset using a free video editor and it SHOWS I want to remake this vid so desperately. This was also back before Marisa became my online presence and I used Sunglasses Fuuka because I liked her and that image was a huge in-joke in my friend group. Holy shit this even has the Fist Bump intro a friend had made for me, oh my god this is a throwback in the most painful way.

Would you believe I've been cucking my fanbase out of Kirby Lore Part 2 for 4 years now? I feel pretty bad about it tbh but life has been so hectic that I've never had the chance to make it LOL. Whenever I get around to remaking that first video and refamiliarize myself with the finer points of things I'll make it.

In terms of lore accuracy, at the time, it was probably one of the most solidly put together videos about the shit that went down in Star Allies. I had to later make a small update due to stuff later games introduced, but I don't think anything much has changed, so the information in the video, while slightly outdated, is mostly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back