• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Touhou Project opener...

Hit vs Sakuya Izayoi or Yuffie Kisaragi vs Marisa Kirisame or Cirno vs Jack Frost would be the top three choices.
(Cirno vs Jack Frost and Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs John Constantine may also be the SMT opener as well)
Cirno v Jack is a pretty terrible opener ngl. It's using fodder characters from the verse, and the predicating factors of the matchup involve pretty advanced concepts within the verse (fairy immortality, speed downscaling, introducing Touhou systems, demon physiology, etc) that you probably wouldn't want to start with. Maybe the second MU for both verses but definitely not the starter

Kasen v Sonic, while not using one of the big 3 (Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya) is pretty straight forward and has some understandable scaling and feats, wouldn't be too complex. I do think one of the big 3 should appear before her tho.

What if we end up choosing a MU that was already in the lineup lmao. Do we just get duplicate episodes.
I'm pretty sure the DB team is PICKING MUs that are suggested in the Fireside Chat, and then using them in a poll. They wouldn't pick MUs already in the lineup.

You know going by Death Battle ranking the DC observable universe at 100 trillion light years in diameter, wouldn't Darkseid's reaching the edge of existence in a couple seconds feat be faster then Spongebob's if recalculated?
Not certain honestly, keep in mind Spongebob's feat had incredibly small sizes taken into account for the feat so it might not be.

Anyways don't get too excited, the vote will likely end up containing some semi-popular characters at the most, I doubt we'll get anything super obscure out of this, and even then, there's still gonna have to be a vote of popularity.

Honestly, I’m probably just gonna submit an already popular MU, no shot anything obscure is winning.

I’d rather succeed than to have tried knowing I’d fail.
I'm gonna shoot my shot, but should my MU fail and a popular one that I like ends up getting in the polls, I'll gladly vote for it.

Like, if Kasen v Sonic doesn't end up as an option to vote for, but Simon v Kyle or Raidou v Constantine does, I'll gladly ****** vote for either of them because I ADORE those matchups.

I'm gonna shoot my shot, but should my MU fail and a popular one that I like ends up getting in the polls, I'll gladly vote for it.

Like, if Kasen v Sonic doesn't end up as an option to vote for, but Simon v Kyle or Raidou v Constantine does, I'll gladly ****** vote for either of them because I ADORE those matchups.

6xfd6v.jpg

Given there's a non-zero chance of Simon vs Kyle being this season's finale, I'd advise waiting a bit before completely settling down on what MU you want to support.

Also idc what the odds are, I'll shill Yukari vs Altair til the day I die. At bare minimum I'll get the opportunity to share it with a much wider audience and bring it to the attention of the DB crew.

This is ******* awesome actually, this is the content I like to see.

As a side note When Day Breaks is one of my personal favorite pieces of horror ever. Genuinely one of the most terrifying concepts I've ever seen. Few things have ever unsettled me more than the thought of this ******* SCP.
Explain it to me i seen it on Yt but i would like to know more

I am hopeful it will be a tournament format, having to vote for one of out potentially 8 or 16 MUs is going to spread the votes too thin.
maybe but if folks are suggesting MU that are in next season lineup they may not choose some of em
The next JoJo MU (Most Likely next season) will be Joker vs Giorno, probably gonna be the mid-season finale.
i could see DB do KiraDachi or KarsMereum to avoid that one

I am hopeful it will be a tournament format, having to vote for one of out potentially 8 or 16 MUs is going to spread the votes too thin.
You're going to get a poll of just FOUR matchups and you're going to LIKE IT

I feel like both would be wanked to hell although I think Joker is already wanked enough with his 1-A stats.
Joker isn't gonna get the 1A stats I'm pretty sure, I don't think they buy Persona 3-5 scaling to SMT. He'll likely get very good Uni+, potentially Multi tho.

Explain it to me i seen it on Yt but i would like to know more
It's hard to explain without going into a lot of detail but I'll try my best.

001 - When Day Breaks is essentially when the Sun itself becomes an anomaly for a completely unknown reason. The sunlight itself because dangerous, and anything that comes into contact with it immediately begins to melt into an amorphous blob of goop. Even the smallest amount of exposure can doom you, as if just a part of your body gets flashed with sunlight, you'll slowly dissolve into the blob from there. From there, these blobs will form with one another, and then search out and look for other people and living things, in order to assimilate them, and drag them into the sunlight as well. Essentially the entire planet is turned into an apocalyptic wasteland you can only explore at night even remotely safely, you have to coat your entire body in layers of clothing or armor to even have hope of standing a chance, and you have to avoid a population of billions of humans and other life forms turned into blobs that will actively hunt you down if they find you, in order to make you join them.

The worst part though? If you melt, you aren't dead. The process of being dissolved does not kill you, no, you're assimilated, becoming one with whatever consciousness is behind the anomaly in the first place. You lose control of yourself, lose your sense of self, and now operate to spread the assimilation to others, to make them experience the light as well. Your body, voice, and mind will be puppeteered to spread the influence further. There's a specific instance in the story where the blobs use the voice of someone's dead lover to speak to them through a walkie talkie, just to tell them to "walk outside and embrace the light, it's wonderful once you do, I'm so happy now, I miss you dear." etc etc. The worst part is that not even death can save you. The blobs can will you back to life, if they find your corpse, they'll encompass you, fill your body with the sludge, and bring you back to life, just to drag you kicking and screaming into the light, suicide is not an option unless you can manage to find a way to remain untouched permanently. The story vividly describes how there's giant masses of blobs rolling about outside, with a cacophony of human screams, bleating goats, and other animal gurgling within.

It's ultimately just a story of an assimilator monster, but taken to the extreme at a cosmic scale. It exploits the fears of loss of self, loss of self thought, loss of control, forceful assimilation, an inescapable dread and situation. You either have to live the rest of your life in fear, only travelling around at night, evading blobs at all times, staying silent as to not attract their attention, until the day you die, and pray you don't get found after death, or try to escape the Earth. On top of that, even if you can manage to escape the solar system, what lies beyond? Will you even be in a better situation, or just find yourself in a worse one? Will you even find anything out there, or will you just be stuck on a spacecraft with no windows as so no sunlight can get in until the day you inevitably croak. A complete and utter inescapable doom. It's one of the few pieces of horror that genuinely, deeply stuck with me and had me ruminating on it for hours. It exploits all my personal fears and legit disturbed me. I'm a huge fan of assimilator monsters (The Thing, The Blob, X-Parasites, The Flood, Specimen #10, etc etc) and honestly, SCP-001 is the best one out there still imo.

It's hard to explain without going into a lot of detail but I'll try my best.

001 - When Day Breaks is essentially when the Sun itself becomes an anomaly for a completely unknown reason. The sunlight itself because dangerous, and anything that comes into contact with it immediately begins to melt into an amorphous blob of goop. Even the smallest amount of exposure can doom you, as if just a part of your body gets flashed with sunlight, you'll slowly dissolve into the blob from there. From there, these blobs will form with one another, and then search out and look for other people and living things, in order to assimilate them, and drag them into the sunlight as well. Essentially the entire planet is turned into an apocalyptic wasteland you can only explore at night even remotely safely, you have to coat your entire body in layers of clothing or armor to even have hope of standing a chance, and you have to avoid a population of billions of humans and other life forms turned into blobs that will actively hunt you down if they find you, in order to make you join them.

The worst part though? If you melt, you aren't dead. The process of being dissolved does not kill you, no, you're assimilated, becoming one with whatever consciousness is behind the anomaly in the first place. You lose control of yourself, lose your sense of self, and now operate to spread the assimilation to others, to make them experience the light as well. Your body, voice, and mind will be puppeteered to spread the influence further. There's a specific instance in the story where the blobs use the voice of someone's dead lover to speak to them through a walkie talkie, just to tell them to "walk outside and embrace the light, it's wonderful once you do, I'm so happy now, I miss you dear." etc etc. The worst part is that not even death can save you. The blobs can will you back to life, if they find your corpse, they'll encompass you, fill your body with the sludge, and bring you back to life, just to drag you kicking and screaming into the light, suicide is not an option unless you can manage to find a way to remain untouched permanently. The story vividly describes how there's giant masses of blobs rolling about outside, with a cacophony of human screams, bleating goats, and other animal gurgling within.

It's ultimately just a story of an assimilator monster, but taken to the extreme at a cosmic scale. It exploits the fears of loss of self, loss of self thought, loss of control, forceful assimilation, an inescapable dread and situation. You either have to live the rest of your life in fear, only travelling around at night, evading blobs at all times, staying silent as to not attract their attention, until the day you die, and pray you don't get found after death, or try to escape the Earth. On top of that, even if you can manage to escape the solar system, what lies beyond? Will you even be in a better situation, or just find yourself in a worse one? Will you even find anything out there, or will you just be stuck on a spacecraft with no windows as so no sunlight can get in until the day you inevitably croak. A complete and utter inescapable doom. It's one of the few pieces of horror that genuinely, deeply stuck with me and had me ruminating on it for hours. It exploits all my personal fears and legit disturbed me. I'm a huge fan of assimilator monsters (The Thing, The Blob, X-Parasites, The Flood, Specimen #10, etc etc) and honestly, SCP-001 is the best one out there still imo.
And this thing is able to kill Popeye and Spongebob? I read that list on reddit, it's surprising to see how many OP thinks don't survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back