• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that's something I need to know.
Who, in the ever loving hell, thought that Gohan vs Boruto was a good matchup? I mean not only are the connections esentially just son vs son, but it's such a horrendous stomp for Gohan that it makes him vs Invincible seem fair by comparison. I mean ****, does Boruto have any notable hax.
idk Shit Mu bound to exist

no idea they just randomly put different characters i guess everytime they make a new banner.

I'm just curious who the green hair girl with the skull ornament is, she's also wearing a green skull armor.
Oh, you know what? They probably chose a bunch of notable necromancers since it's almost Halloween. That's why Seiga and Kel'Thuzad are there.

Name the four battles, I’ll go first!
pqvvjly3ctt91.png

Top left: DIO VS Alucard
Bottom left: Guts VS Nightmare (or Sasuke VS Hiei)
Top right: Link VS Cloud 2
Bottom right: R*aven VS Twilight Sparkle

name a series that would be a nightmare for death battle to cover
Lupin III? There's like 60 years of history to work with across multiple mediums, though I don't think it's quite as dense or inconsistent as Marvel/DC.
Lupin III does have alot to cover but I think DB is used to covering lots of material before. And the power there is consistently the same.

As for Tip's question, SCP foundation due to conflicting canons and lack of official visual material.

Lupin III? There's like 60 years of history to work with across multiple mediums, though I don't think it's quite as dense or inconsistent as Marvel/DC.
Lupin wouldn't really be that bad, most of the content isn't longer then any other big anime they covered. From my understanding there's currently 300 episodes of the "canon" series which might seem like alot but even Fairy Tale has more episodes then that so I don't see the big deal. The issue would probably come from the special/movies and maybe the video game (I think Goemon cut the Golden Gate Bridge in a cutscene once and that soulds like something that could be wanked) but even then that's probably less conetent then Naruto or Bleach or any other long running anime they made an episode on.
Umineko for obvious reasons.

1) series which have many source materials.
2) series which are not well-known by Death Battle team and/or the versus debating community.
3) series which has great inconsistencies.
4) series which have largely inaccessible sources materials.
5) series which have largely vague statements.

2) series which are not well-known by Death Battle team and/or the versus debating community.
So light novels franchise like Shinza Bansho?

What about everyone list their MU to commission to avoid a "car crash"?

* Jasonsith - Arceus vs Yggdrasil (Digimon) or Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo
For @Mariogoods - I am just making a list for everyone here to pre-announce what matchups they will commission.

Umineko for obvious reasons.
Should I also mention Touhou Project and Nasuverse?

I should add
6) verses where original language is not in English and does not have "official"English translation materials

So light novels franchise like Shinza Bansho?
By light novels you mean hentai games with light novel grade quality storytelling am I right?

New Edelgard MU dropped:

You planning to make a commission on that?

I still have the pipe dream of Marie vs Weather report
... Would like your reasons for that.
No offense but I see Weather Report vs Storm or Nami been more requested and "looks far fairer/more debatable"?
... Hold it do you want to commission that too?

Okay anyway I am updating the list for folks' planned commissions for the coming Brandon Yates commissioned music application volume 6:

Last edited:
For @Mariogoods - I am just making a list for everyone here to pre-announce what matchups they will commission.

Should I also mention Touhou Project and Nasuverse?

I should add
6) verses where original language is not in English and does not have "official"English translation materials

By light novels you mean hentai games with light novel grade quality storytelling am I right?

You planning to make a commission on that?

... Would like your reasons for that.
No offense but I see Weather Report vs Storm or Nami been more requested and "looks far fairer/more debatable"?

Okay I am updating the list for folks' planned commissions for the coming Brandon Yates commissioned music application volume 6:

Gohan vs Ultraman Zero

Okay anyway I am updating the list for folks' planned commissions for the coming Brandon Yates commissioned music application volume 6:

If I'm able to save up enough money in time, I'll probably do Drizzt Do'Urden vs Illidan Stormrage, Lupin III vs Sly Cooper, or The Operator (Warframe) vs The Knight (Hollow Knight).

I wanna save Touhou commissions until I'm able to give them the length they deserve. Yukari vs Altair needs to be a Marx vs Kefka-tier track :v

I'm far more hyped for SpongeBob vs Aquaman than I was for Silver vs Trunks. That Death Battle would have been torn apart and controversial no matter who wins, but this, this is a real man's Death Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back