• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it real hard, even SSJ1 is kinda basic transformation of yellow & spikier hair & green eyes.

Toriyama just forgot SSJ2 because it looks so similar and SSJ3 is kinda silly in itself.

So DBS forms are kinda following trend of DBZ transformations.
yeah but the way it was executed back then helped

Super way of handling the forms been meh outside UI

yeah but the way it was executed back then helped

Super way of handling the forms been meh outside UI
Yeaaah, it feels like almost every arc & movie needs a transformation (tho I guess DBZ section kinda went to that direction).

SSG should only exists, not SSB. Have Goku have Red, Vegeta have Blue & Black have Rose, simplify it.

Goku's UI being UI Sign but for real suuuucks. Why is that a thing after Goku learned manual activation of UI? He should've just beaten Moro with UI Sign, and then make the Granola arc have Goku struggling to get mastered UI, but then learns that UI Sign fits him for now.

We are so close to getting UI2 and that day will suck tho people might make dope fanart out of it

Now I need them to hand another cartoon character a win.
latest
I know Gru's gonna fight Megamind, but Doof could be a good alternative.

Thinking about it real hard, even SSJ1 is kinda basic transformation of yellow & spikier hair & green eyes.

Toriyama just forgot SSJ2 because it looks so similar and SSJ3 is kinda silly in itself.

So DBS forms are kinda following trend of DBZ transformations.
IMO, SSJ1 was simple yet different enough to pretty well. The spikier hair and sharper eyes also went well with the idea of "consumed by rage" thing it had going on originally. Also helped that it was the only transformation aside the Oozaru and the closest thing was the Kaioken which was the reddish aura.

Personally I always found SSJ2 too similar, except for Cell Saga Gohan's whose appearance harkened back the whole rage idea the original transformation had for goku and always found SSJ3 straight up unappealing. My issue with the Super forms in DBS is that they all just change the color but not much else or at most a detail in the eyes, like SS Rage or SSB Evolution and with so many transformations now one can get worn out.

So this is around the time he collected the volume 5 ideas.

Also

We know that he is releasing ~60 works for Vol 5.

Assume he releases one music a day needs to start releasing them at late October. While he still has his day job.

TDI2022cast.png

"The creators emphasized the diversity of the new cast, saying that it would feature several Black, Hispanic/South American, and Asian characters
I'm pretty sure they had all of those in previous season, specifically in the first one.
Also:
two characters from the LGBTQ+ community"
That's pretty stupid. Not in a stupid "le gay bad" sort of way more in the fact that having only 2 LGBTQ+ characters kinda counter productive to the whole point of the series. Total Drama and the shows that's it's parodying are built around the concept of young adult relationship drama, the whole reality game show thing is done in service of the drama to cause more of it. If the characters are gay or lesbian this basically means that the character can't have any romantic relationships (outside of maybe the other LGBTQ character) with any other character. If the characters are bi there more romantic potential but really has no impact on the story since none of other are in their own gender (aside from the other character potentially) so their options would be the same as the straight character. I'm not saying having LGBTQ characters can't work or is bad but in practice such characters are either the same as any straight character or unable to participate in on of the main parts of the show since everyone else is straight.

TMNT Battle Royale revisited was released today and yeah Ben apologizes for words he is not proud of and "it was a different time" excuse doesn't cut it. They think it remains blocked because Nick did not want a violent TMNT video out there because they had a movie in the works. They learned a lot from this episode and due to the negative feed back, they tried to tone down the deaths and learned to be more concious on how they treat the characters. Though, they acknowledged that they screw up in terms of gory deaths and characterizations in later episodes. Ben and Chad just wanted the Turtles to use their actual weapons and welp.

IMO, SSJ1 was simple yet different enough to pretty well. The spikier hair and sharper eyes also went well with the idea of "consumed by rage" thing it had going on originally. Also helped that it was the only transformation aside the Oozaru and the closest thing was the Kaioken which was the reddish aura.

Personally I always found SSJ2 too similar, except for Cell Saga Gohan's whose appearance harkened back the whole rage idea the original transformation had for goku and always found SSJ3 straight up unappealing. My issue with the Super forms in DBS is that they all just change the color but not much else or at most a detail in the eyes, like SS Rage or SSB Evolution and with so many transformations now one can get worn out.
SSJ2 should have had notably longer hair, but not as much as SSJ3.

Ironically, Beast Gohan hair size probably would have helped lol

Though, they acknowledged that they screw up in terms of gory deaths and characterizations in later episodes.
Well there honest I give em that
TMNT Battle Royale revisited was released today and yeah Ben apologizes for words he is not proud of and "it was a different time" excuse doesn't cut it. They think it remains blocked because Nick did not want a violent TMNT video out there because they had a movie in the works. They learned a lot from this episode and due to the negative feed back, they tried to tone down the deaths and learned to be more concious on how they treat the characters. Though, they acknowledged that they screw up in terms of gory deaths and characterizations in later episodes. Ben and Chad just wanted the Turtles to use their actual weapons and welp.
Him saying the r word is whatever but Mikey treatment was damn well ass lol

Instant regret

Early BS was often funny because of his snappy and on point jokes. Longer jokes generally get more critique in modern seasons, but simplicity was what DB good for its time.

TMNT BR still had good stuff too.

"Obviously he strangles enemies off screen"

That DAAAAMN was pretty good too.

TMNT BR is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back