• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fe4U6fwVEAU8qS5

Do they tho? His last game has him save everyone ass from King Boo and gets his due so hardly see this as Nintendo treats Luigi like shit
The Luigi’s Mansion games are fine outside of people making fun of him time to time but it got pretty mean spirited in a lot of games. Mainly in the mid era of the franchise if anything, though, they’ve been a bit better lately.
Like they tried hard and cannot. And they acted that out.
They did not do that even for Omnilander.

Oh news for Brandon Yates fan commission volume 5 and volume 6.

6 weeks from now might be a bad time for me, I’ve got a potential surgery for my dog I might need to put money down for, so I might miss out.

I’d rather not miss my chance to make Kasen v Sonic real tho, hopefully I can work it out

The Luigi’s Mansion games are fine outside of people making fun of him time to time but it got pretty mean spirited in a lot of games. Mainly in the mid era of the franchise if anything, though, they’ve been a bit better lately.

6 weeks from now might be a bad time for me, I’ve got a potential surgery for my dog I might need to put money down for, so I might miss out.

I’d rather not miss my chance to make Kasen v Sonic real tho, hopefully I can work it out

i hope your dog gets well.

i hope your dog gets well.
Wishing the best for your dog 💪
Spoiler tagged for those who may not wish to read, it’s pretty off topic

thank you all

He has every sign of hip dysplasia he could possibly have, so I’m treating it as such (he’s a pure bred pocket American bully, who’s about one and a half)

hip dysplasia is most common in a lot of breeds in the pit bull & bulldog family, most commonly develops at about 1-2 years, and is identified by weakness/pain in the hind legs, the dog sitting/being hesitant to stand often, seemingly reluctant to climb stairs/******* up while climbing them, and frequent injury of legs, of which he has all of those symptoms, is the most common breed for it to appear in, is at the perfect age for it to develop, and is a pure breed, meaning that issues specific to those breeds are more common to crop up than usual.

So unfortunately that’s what my baby likely has. I’m getting insurance for him and have to wait a month on insurance before I can have him xrayed in order to get the treatment. So unfortunately we’ll have to be very careful with him over the next month. If I don’t get the insurance I’d be unable to treat him, as depending on the stage of the dysplasia he’d need either medicine, or surgery (worst case scenario full hip replacement but we aren’t at that level of severity) the medicine would cost several hundreds of dollars, and the surgery would likely cost 1,500-3,000 dollars, and I don’t think that’s including X-rays or appointment costs. I wouldn’t be able to afford that and would be forced to set up a crowdfund and pray lol, so the insurance is my best bet for treating my baby.

obv my dog is far more important that this versus shit so if that song purchase would get in the way of his treatment I wouldn’t get it, but if I take up enough extra hours at work and the insurance covers enough for him, I might be able to get away with it.

Do they tho? His last game has him save everyone ass from King Boo and gets his due so hardly see this as Nintendo treats Luigi like shit
While the worst cases have been far gone at this point, even LM3 still portrays Luigi in timid light. The man beat King Boo twice but is still absolutely terrified of him.

Tho to be technical here, it's not Nintendo treating Luigi badly, they are treating him as he is.

Specifically, the notion of "Luigi vs Tails treated Luigi badly" is massively overblown, because frankly Nintendo portrays Luigi basically about as same as DB did. Luigi is timid person.

I guess if the point is "he didn't do meaningful hits" that's bit better argument. Tho it's not that bad, frankly Luigi probably was portrayed doing much more effective damage to Tails than Adam did to Apocalypse lol

While the worst cases have been far gone at this point, even LM3 still portrays Luigi in timid light. The man beat King Boo twice but is still absolutely terrified of him.

Tho to be technical here, it's not Nintendo treating Luigi badly, they are treating him as he is.

Specifically, the notion of "Luigi vs Tails treated Luigi badly" is massively overblown, because frankly Nintendo portrays Luigi basically about as same as DB did. Luigi is timid person.

I guess if the point is "he didn't do meaningful hits" that's bit better argument. Tho it's not that bad, frankly Luigi probably was portrayed doing much more effective damage to Tails than Adam did to Apocalypse lol

As much as I love the Mario RPGs, they got pretty mean spirited towards Luigi at times. Especially the earlier M&Ls, he’s flat out disrespected by a lot of NPCs to a ridiculous point, that didn’t quite get fixed until Dream Team. In Paper Mario, Mario literally left Luigi behind to sit at home, in TTYD he would literally fall the **** asleep as his brother told him abt his adventures, most of the series portrayed him as a timid coward, the infamous Power Tennis scene, in Galaxy he’s literally pissing himself in a ghost house waiting for Mario to save him, etc etc. DB didn’t treat Luigi poorly at all, thats just how Luigi was (and kind of still is at times) portrayed in the series.

he has his heroic moments and in spite of his cowardice/timidness, he’ll still be a hero and try to do what’s right, he depends on his brother a lot but can step up to the plate if needed, that’s what makes him so endearing, and I think they got all that down just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back