• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm certainly positive that I've listened to this battle score in the high dozens to possibly over hundred(s?) of times now and I'm still jamming out to this amazing masterpiece ever since I went straight to buying it on Itunes, I would love to figure out the exact number number but idk how :LOL:

Yeah I LOVE this, even accounting for all of DB's cataloge this is easily one of my favourites of all time for me and anyone that says otherwise is in denial 😤

So I'm certainly positive that I've listened to this battle score in the high dozens to possibly over hundred(s?) of times now and I'm still jamming out to this amazing masterpiece ever since I went straight to buying it on Itunes, I would love to figure out the exact number number but idk how :LOL:

Yeah I LOVE this, even accounting for all of DB's cataloge this is easily one of my favourites of all time for me and anyone that says otherwise is in denial 😤

I've actually legit had this track on loop ever since the day it dropped, insanely good track, one of the best that DB's ever had, and one of the best Brandon has ever put out, official or commission.

I've actually legit had this track on loop ever since the day it dropped, insanely good track, one of the best that DB's ever had, and one of the best Brandon has ever put out, official or commission.
Was legit vibing out to it during work the other day, Logan Adams really went ham with this one. If I decided to make a DB battle score tier list it'd definitely be somewhere in S for me. Fellow brotha of culture I see. 🍷

KAM vs MM is kinda bad, but at the same time it feels like it is said to be bad so often, it makes me think people think its genuinely bad like M2 vs Shadow or Black vs Bieber.

I'm not sure if it would even fit Top 20 worst DB eps, tho I haven't really thought about that in a while. Maybe it would fit in?

Its a terrible episode, but I don't think it's the fault of the matchup. I actually like the parts when, you know, Randy an KAM are actually fighting lol. It's just an episode that's flooded with melodrama about Boomstick's familiy that I'll be honest, I don't think a lot of people cared much about... It wasted a really fun matchup with a verse that deserves more attention on weird series lore.
Writers really be like “Let’s make this match up not about the characters, but about which one is boomstick dad!”

Like what did they think was going to happen for the reaction lol?

KAM vs MM is kinda bad, but at the same time it feels like it is said to be bad so often, it makes me think people think its genuinely bad like M2 vs Shadow or Black vs Bieber.

I'm not sure if it would even fit Top 20 worst DB eps, tho I haven't really thought about that in a while. Maybe it would fit in?
Eh, I'd probably place it in the top 20. It's a technically solid episode in terms of animation and production value, but things can rank low for other reasons. The episode about MM and KAM is barely about them and has very, very little of them actually fighting, the research pacing is terrible, the fight gets INTERRUPTED for more (questionable) analysis, the entire basis for the episode is based on a joke that nobody found funny in the first place, it wasted an actually entertaining fight concept and wasted WWE as a verse... it's just a huge fumble as an episode. They tried something new, which I respect, but I think the effort was misplaced.

Listening_to_Trash.jpg

Eh, I'd probably place it in the top 20. It's a technically solid episode in terms of animation and production value, but things can rank low for other reasons. The episode about MM and KAM is barely about them and has very, very little of them actually fighting, the research pacing is terrible, the fight gets INTERRUPTED for more (questionable) analysis, the entire basis for the episode is based on a joke that nobody found funny in the first place, it wasted an actually entertaining fight concept and wasted WWE as a verse... it's just a huge fumble as an episode. They tried something new, which I respect, but I think the effort was misplaced.
Yeah, as a fight it is kinda 6/10 if you are generous, but all the other reasons massively hurt it.

Trying to actually rank eps needs a lot to consider. Should a GOAT 10/10 fight be punished if it has the worst research ever? Or in that matter a 7/10 if we are more realistic?

A 2/10 fight would never be saved by 10/10 research, music and analysis either.

tbh the 0 to 10 scale is big, 0 to 5 feels better to use

Yeah, as a fight it is kinda 6/10 if you are generous, but all the other reasons massively hurt it.

Trying to actually rank eps needs a lot to consider. Should a GOAT 10/10 fight be punished if it has the worst research ever? Or in that matter a 7/10 if we are more realistic?

A 2/10 fight would never be saved by 10/10 research, music and analysis either.

tbh the 0 to 10 scale is big, 0 to 5 feels better to use
I think notably terrible research can hurt an episode, yeah. It's why despite how good Vergil v Seph and Hulk v Doomsday are, I probably wouldn't rank them as 10/10 episodes.

I think notably terrible research can hurt an episode, yeah. It's why despite how good Vergil v Seph and Hulk v Doomsday are, I probably wouldn't rank them as 10/10 episodes.
Yea, but would you rank them like below 5? Their research is quite bad and at least for Hulk vs DD is really outdated and weird.

Hulk vs DD is realistically a 9 for me.

It's quite telling how not a single episode this season has been bad
Like sure there could be episodes that could be not ur cup of tea but nothing that go damn this was shit

If Death Battle can continue the general quality to the end of year S9 will be one of the best seasons

Yea, but would you rank them like below 5? Their research is quite bad and at least for Hulk vs DD is really outdated and weird.

Hulk vs DD is realistically a 9 for me.
Tbh I judge an episode by the fight

Research/humor be whatever in quality sure it'll be at times but I'm mainly looking at will the fight be good?

What do you guys think of joke/wacky episodes?, like the upcoming one we're getting. Since we've had ones like Mask vs DP, Machoman vs KoolaidMan, Smokey Bear VS McGruff the Crime Dog

The fact they think thats a fight worth going over shows more how bad G1 is in general, let alone the stats they had Heihachi but wanked Geese
I hardly see Kazuya vs Green Goblin promoted lol that shit is dead as you can get

Tbf given how barren the KOF profiles and general lack of info I could see it tho the QnA for heihachi vs geese took a shit on a lot of stuff that was argued for geese lol

What do you guys think of joke/wacky episodes?, like the upcoming one we're getting. Since we've had ones like Mask vs DP, Machoman vs KoolaidMan, Smokey Bear VS McGruff the Crime Dog
Like mention I don't care all too much over SpongeBob vs SF Aquaman. SpongeBob is nice and all but his opponents never have me impressed

Joke episodes are fine as long u go crazy with ala Norris vs Segata and not fumble the ball ala Machoaid and DeadpoolPie

The fact they had Geese at FTL despite its questionable to even scale him to that, let alone Heihachi and Tekken had more stuff for that easier to see it as legit, just smells as favoritism

In fact they had the audacity to say Hei stuff arent clear cut or vague, yet Geese which in KOF is barely relevant anymore and had more vaguer shit it wasnt for them

If Kazuya ever makes it soon on DB, i wonder what excuses they find now to rate him near Hei that time

Listening to this

When waiting for the next Community Death Battle

(Seriously would we actually have Spinal vs Cervantes or Spinal vs Sir Daniel as the next #SkeletoberSkelebration Community Death Battle? How many more really notable skeleton-themed matchups do we have? Is there a MU with say Dry Bones)

Last edited:
Aeiou474 @ DBW wrote:

If you guys haven't seen it already, in the latest Cast they hinted at the next episode being Jason VS Michael by bringing up how the 13th episode is on Halloween then acting all weird.
Link:
But also don't take this as confirmation or anything because remember when they did a similar thing with Galactus VS Unicron last year lol

We could've had the coolest fight of all time with such a cool suit but nooooooooooo.
Not even a beam struggle and a boom? (Well this is what for a Marvel Comics and a Hulk story eh - No shit we do not have a beam struggle. But fisticuffs though.)

Finally got to the Magus boss fight, and his theme sounds familiar. Turns out DBZA used it as Piccolo's theme during his initial appearance against Frieza on Namek. TFS really made the connection between Piccolo and Magus 11 years before Death Battle.

Finally got to the Magus boss fight, and his theme sounds familiar. Turns out DBZA used it as Piccolo's theme during his initial appearance against Frieza on Namek. TFS really made the connection between Piccolo and Magus 11 years before Death Battle.
Magus' theme is an absolute classic among old school gamers, lol. If you played Chrono Trigger back in the day it was one of the posterboys of the "badass boss battle themes"

Which is why Magus vs Piccolo should happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back