• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people used to say that sandman had a way i think he could negate crocodile's intagibility, but with the current one piece stuff and if crocodile does something to harm/fight with luffy sandman gets stomped pretty hard lol.

If Sandman's actually Planetary maybe him?

people used to say that sandman had a way i think he could negate crocodile's intagibility, but with the current one piece stuff and if crocodile does something to harm/fight with luffy sandman gets stomped pretty hard lol.
Nah man you can get sandman to 5-B/5-A shit dependent where you put him. So like he’s going to have that AP advantage, but my main thing is how they can kill each other lol

Oh, I did post it here, but it was a few weeks ago on a pretty busy day, don't worry about it I've got it:

Here's the blog (I'm about to give it some small updates tonight, altering one Marisa feat, and appending some haxx resistances I forgot)

Here's the commissioned track for it:

Lol, since it was going to be against one of the Touhou girls I did expect it to be stompy XD. Tactics would just land Yuffie at 2-C so it's not gonna make much difference anyways.

It's still a pretty cool matchup from what I could see, know nothing of Touhou aside VS stuff brought up here and there, but it was thematically pretty interesting.

Lol, since it was going to be against one of the Touhou girls I did expect it to be stompy XD. Tactics would just land Yuffie at 2-C so it's not gonna make much difference anyways.

It's still a pretty cool matchup from what I could see, know nothing of Touhou aside VS stuff brought up here and there, but it was thematically pretty interesting.
If it means anything to you, Yuffie actually puts up a really good fight. Yuffie does have a handful of haxx to put down Marisa for good, quite a few ways to negate/hamper a large amount of Marisa's arsenal if given the chance, and if TH18.5 didn't come out, Marisa wouldn't have had as insane a stock of lives & Subjective Reality. If Marisa didn't have such a massive speed advantage it could've been much closer. I'd say this is an example of a definitive win, but not a complete stomp.

If it means anything to you, Yuffie actually puts up a really good fight. Yuffie does have a handful of haxx to put down Marisa for good, quite a few ways to negate/hamper a large amount of Marisa's arsenal if given the chance, and if TH18.5 didn't come out, Marisa wouldn't have had as insane a stock of lives & Subjective Reality. If Marisa didn't have such a massive speed advantage it could've been much closer. I'd say this is an example of a definitive win, but not a complete stomp.
Ah, yeah, noticed it in the section listing the advantages over each other (one of the best things to find in a vs matchup, lol)

I mean I am not mad or anything, I honestly don't really mind win or lose as long as the character can do well enough to get a good debate or analysis out of the matchup, given that measuring of the abilities and capabilities is what makes this stuff so fun. Proud of my girl Yuffie pulling it off despite being outmatched so much in the long run =P

If you mean it because I mentioned earlier that I was disappointed Trunks lost to Silver, well, yes it's true but it's a bit different. Kinda, Death Battle being the big show and all is like a big sports even and having a character you root for lose there can feel like seeing a team you root for lose an important match. On the other hand, threads on the forum or articles among fans are more akin to friendly matches of playing the sport yourself with other people for fun, results are more trivial and it's more about getting something good out of it. That's how I feel at least. shrugs I know that for a lot of other people it's a lot more serious and all.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for SpongeBob MU in general?

Not a single Mu he had Made me go "The one"
He doesn't really have any good ones, unfortunately.

Gumball - He murders a child that has no chance against him
Chowder - He murders a child that has no chance against him
Goku - Literally a meme matchup, Goku has better opponents, and it's either only a stomp for either side depending on the iteration used.
SF Aquaman - Aquaman is nearly haxxless, but might stack up somewhat better than the previous opponents statistically.
Comics Aquaman - Horrific DC stomp

Despite being such an enduring character, Spongebob just doesn't have a solid Vs Opponent. SF Aquaman is legit the best option out of all the above ones imo.

Funny enough John could beat TTGL
main-qimg-0231b37b948e4c01b4912391a6dcc900-lq
I don't think the character John summons should scale to their "real" counterpart.

He doesn't really have any good ones, unfortunately.

Gumball - He murders a child that has no chance against him
Chowder - He murders a child that has no chance against him
Goku - Literally a meme matchup, Goku has better opponents, and it's either only a stomp for either side depending on the iteration used.
SF Aquaman - Aquaman is nearly haxxless, but might stack up somewhat better than the previous opponents statistically.
Comics Aquaman - Horrific DC stomp

Despite being such an enduring character, Spongebob just doesn't have a solid Vs Opponent. SF Aquaman is legit the best option out of all the above ones imo.
What, you don’t think the main character of “I died and reincarnated into a sponge in another world” is a good match for SpongeBob.
on top of that From a Vs standpoint can you honestly tell me either of the two felt fitting for Spongebob?

like we're talking one of the biggest Cartoon Icons in history vs

a late 2000s cartoon series that only gain love years later after its run

and a failry popular 2010s cartoon thats nowhere near Spongebob popularity

it's like bringing Saitama on DB and you put him agianst anyone not a big name

Orange Piccolo is a good name when you remember Piccolo came up with. Piccolo deciding to call it something like Orange Piccolo instead of giving it a cool name is pretty on brand for canon Piccolo. TFS Piccolo would give it a rad name

Also tbh, joke eps have had kind bad history on this show, that is not a good omen for next ep lol

Hell, and I'd say this with MM vs KAM being nowhere near as bad as it's said to be, joke eps are kinda screwed.

NorrisSegata & GoombaKoopa are only good ones, rest are forgotten or hated, damn.

Also tbh, joke eps have had kind bad history on this show, that is not a good omen for next ep lol

Hell, and I'd say this with MM vs KAM being nowhere near as bad as it's said to be, joke eps are kinda screwed.

NorrisSegata & GoombaKoopa are only good ones, rest are forgotten or hated, damn.
Dont most joke episodes have a history of getting ****** over in the production one way or another? Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie ended up being a finale when it shouldn't have, Smokey vs McGruff was alright, MM v KAM suffered due to it... not being MM v KAM, it was Boomstick family drama lol. A lot of those issues are outside of the confines of joke MUs in of themselves, and as you said, they've done good ones, NorrisSegata is still a classic lol.

Dont most joke episodes have a history of getting ****** over in the production one way or another? Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie ended up being a finale when it shouldn't have, Smokey vs McGruff was alright, MM v KAM suffered due to it... not being MM v KAM, it was Boomstick family drama lol. A lot of those issues are outside of the confines of joke MUs in of themselves, and as you said, they've done good ones, NorrisSegata is still a classic lol.
Hmm not quite?

Looking at them:

GoombaKoopa wasnt even supposed to exist but it turned out fine.

But it's like 1/3rd that actually had issues in production. People really don't talk about these besides ******** on MMvsKAM and BieberBlack.

No one talks about DP vs Mask much these days.

Say it with me: Kazuya Mishima vs Iori Yagami
Same tbh, but it (feeding Wesker to Kazuya) is a real possibility
We are aware. Thanks.

Kazuya vs Green Goblin is popular with G1 Folks, be afraid.
Green Goblin vs DC (normal) Joker is the popular matchup with casual folks IG.

And it is a cheap trick to justify Kazuya Mishima vs Albert Wesker by throwing Kazuya against Green Goblin.

That said, we still have Albert Wesker vs Liquid Snake (?) so breaking Albert Wesker vs Kazuya Mishima into Kazuya Mishima vs Iori Yagami and Albert Wesker vs Liquid Snake is an opportunity too.

Hmm not quite?

Looking at them:

GoombaKoopa wasnt even supposed to exist but it turned out fine.

But it's like 1/3rd that actually had issues in production. People really don't talk about these besides ******** on MMvsKAM and BieberBlack.

No one talks about DP vs Mask much these days.
I mean, a lot of DB episodes aren't talked about much nowadays. DP v Mask is a fine enough episode. Not great or anything but its fine.

I see DBE Goku vs DCEU Superman hekeke
Is there an actually "bad" live action Superman we have definitely missed?
maybe some of the 1950's films like superman vs the moleman or something.
I have heard there were a Superman live action series which is argued for being bad (at least in eyes of leftists) that the actor of Superman said something "politically" "right winged" like his portrayal of Superman is more concerned with upholding American values than mere justice and truth something like that

Kenshin Himura vs Violet Evergarden huh
Surprisingly something I may want despite being a sizeable AP stomp in Kenshin's favor (if we buy our site stats) - that Kenshin does not get fed to Gintoki or Trafalgar Law

MM vs KAM is still bad. I don’t know where this idea of it being an under rated episode came from, but there wrong. It’s a joke episode that isn’t funny based off an already unfunny joke that was ruined during the season. Anything you want to find redeeming in that episode has been done better by other joke episodes.

Yeah sure it’s probably over hated in the community but there are valid reasons why people don’t like/hate this episode.

MM vs KAM is still bad. I don’t know where this idea of it being an under rated episode came from, but there wrong. It’s a joke episode that isn’t funny based off an already unfunny joke that was ruined during the season. Anything you want to find redeeming in that episode has been done better by other joke episodes.

Yeah sure it’s probably over hated in the community but there are valid reasons why people don’t like/hate this episode.
Its a terrible episode, but I don't think it's the fault of the matchup. I actually like the parts when, you know, Randy an KAM are actually fighting lol. It's just an episode that's flooded with melodrama about Boomstick's familiy that I'll be honest, I don't think a lot of people cared much about... It wasted a really fun matchup with a verse that deserves more attention on weird series lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back