• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, the track for BondWick came out. Us "Chapter 007" fans lost.

Very Werewolf Therewolf-ish for the whole piece.
Which is fitting.

Very action film-like. Which is good. Hope the animation team does not disappoint us.

Yes. Spoiler smelling with vodka martini (shaken and not stirred).

Alrighty, it be Saturday preview view check. Bond & Wick both got 100k+, but that is low. Veeery low. This might be due to break disrupting YT algorithms, but we'll see in few days what kinda numbers BondWick gets.

As a reminder, getting 900k+ views in 24h is considered good in DB's eyes.
its very low yes, but i think preview clicks aren't reliable anymore, look at Boba vs Predator and Hercules vs Sun Wukong, Herkong preview clicks blow away Bobator's, but both episodes are now neck and neck in terms of views

and by using preview click logic, Excalibur, the literal who character, is more popular than both James Bond and John Wick, and a lot of characters in the preview two seasons, which is clearly not the case.

I don't see Bondwick failing, I think most people are just familiar with both characters and I think the post Omnilander crowd (or the general DB audience) doesn't see the point of viewing the previews when they are going to get fed the same info in the actual episodes.

its very low yes, but i think preview clicks aren't reliable anymore, look at Boba vs Predator and Hercules vs Sun Wukong, Herkong preview clicks blow away Bobator's, but both episodes are now neck and neck in terms of views

and by using preview click logic, Excalibur, the literal who character, is more popular than both James Bond and John Wick, and a lot of characters in the preview two seasons, which is clearly not the case.

I don't see Bondwick failing, I think most people are just familiar with both characters and I think the post Omnilander crowd (or the general DB audience) doesn't see the point of viewing the previews when they are going to get fed the same info in the actual episodes.
They kinda still are, usually previews give a good hint on how eps performs. 200k+ previewer fight tend to do better than sub-200k ones, tho its not always following that, yeah. Tho its sadly that, high previews dont guarantee high views, but low previews are more likelier to get low views.

Its still unknown how much break affected DB this time, but fortunately its usually never been as bad as it has looked at first. S9 has done better than S8 did as it aired as well.

Yeah, Brandon specifically added Bats track at end of Bats vs IM since he hated "spoils winner" thing. Dont think Therewolf has talked about that.
IIRC someone mentioned Aaron at Therewolf Media did say that his music generally works closer to the script of the Death Battle fight, therefore being more spoilery. Cannot remember the source.

Still Brandon Yates has quite some spoiler moments at S9 (Scarletanna, ThorGeta, OmniLander) while Therewolf Media has some more generic moments (TanJonathan, MagneTsuo, arguably BobaDator).

But yeah. Wait for some hours and get the G1 bloggers publish their analyses.

Last edited:
Do y'all think John Rambo, Rocky Balboa or Judge Dredd could show up in Death Battle? I've been on a Sylvester Stallone bingefest lately.
They are Death Battle materials on their own. I can spell some names I remember people throw around.

John Rambo vs Jason Brody (Far Cry) or John McClane (Die Hard) or Leng-feng (Wolf Warrior) or John Matrix (Commando)
Rocky Balboa vs Daniel Larusso or Ip Man or George "Iceman" Chambers
Judge Dredd vs Punisher (unfortunately or luckily depending on your stance)

Could you imagine if the James Bond theme at the end is actually a reference to the fact that Goldeneye uses it as the game over theme, and Wick is the winner.
Bruce vs Tony moments eh

Well, if they just brush off that both are speed equalised for both being able to dodge bullets, one can argue that John Wick is far tougher and can just walk off most of James Bond's gadgets.

Not gonna lie, this MU definitely makes me salty, not because John loses but for 3 main reasons.

1: Chapter 4 is gonna out soon, they could have simply waited and there'd be much more to go off of.

2: They have little to no connections, John isn't even a spy and Bond isn't what I'd call an underground assassin. Both have better MU's (I personally wanted Bond vs Eggsy from Kingsmen since both are British, work for intelligence organizations, have crazy gadgets, etc. John would have had Borne as his MU as it's much more thematic.)

3: This just feels like a free W for Bond, they have no connections whatsoever aside from "lol guns".

2: They have little to no connections, John isn't even a spy and Bond isn't what I'd call an underground assassin. Both have better MU's (I personally wanted Bond vs Eggsy from Kingsmen since both are British, work for intelligence organizations, have crazy gadgets, etc. John would have had Borne as his MU as it's much more thematic.)
As amazing as it would be for kingsman to be in DB I dont know if they would be able to do the insane fight choreography of kingsman justice

Technically by body fluid transfer.
But yeah one effective way of such IS getting laid.
And this is like the way all the way from Fate/stay night.

Or Rin Tohsaka or Rider (Medusa). Since one actually gets a DBX and one gets a Community Death Battle and a DBX.
Should I be concerned that by Lousy Wank Medusa may actually fall under Boa Hancock.

Oh my boi Shiki Tohno when? He is the male protagonist who can literally kill almost all enemies in one attack like this is a literal special superpower for him.

So... Anyone actually know when we can listen to his batch/volume 2 commissioned music? Like, Brandon Yates batch/volume 5 is coming.

Iirc the difference in his last commissions batch was like 2 months, so maybe expect a Late September or Early October start and releases until November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back