• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mess with the best, Die like the rest"
bf4eef7585950b39226b14ab0003ebd5.jpg
ddynikm-636c9e35-42e3-444b-a7fc-83c914848a98.png
maxresdefault.jpg

xg2kzikkcgl91.jpg

I will break my hand slamming down on that button to insure Bill Cipher VS Discord gets them to take MLP seriously after all 3 shit episodes. Dorito-stans can cope, seethe, mald, dilate, whatever the **** lingo 4chan shat out today for the next 8000 years for all I care. Through sheer willpower, I will not let Ben or the researchers **** this up or feed Bill to Shuma-Gorath/Dormmamu.
Game time but with a twist:
Will you press the button? For which matchups and not for which?
"Your dream matchup becomes a Death Battle. Battle style, visuals, acting/voice acting, music, fight choreography, banter etc is top notch and optimum for the matchup."
But
"Your more favorite character lost, research and verdict are horrible (horribly wrong even), and shit storms are raised and are so hard (rivalling Goku vs Superman, Yang vs Tifa, Sasuke vs Hiei, Ben vs Hal, etc)."

Last edited:
Game time but with a twist:
Will you press the button? For which matchups and not for which?
"Your dream matchup becomes a Death Battle. Battle style, visuals, acting/voice acting, music, fight choreography, banter etc is top notch and optimum for the matchup."
But
"Your more favorite character lost, research and verdict are horrible, and shit storms so hard is raised."
Hell nah. Wrong verdicts already leave a bad taste in my mouth (honestly the only reason I don't like Zatanna vs Wanda, I think the verdict was wrong), but horrible research to boot is an actual insult to the character. Under these new rules the only positive is, ironically, the shitstorm. At least I wouldn't be alone in my hate.

Penny.Polendina.full.2960405.jpg

Penny Polendina vs Orianna Reveck

The more I think about this the more fitting it becomes:

Comparisons:
  • Both are socially inept androids that hail from the technological hubs of their respective worlds (Atlas and Piltover)
  • Both have a weapon of choice that is a remote-operated bladed weapon that can shoot lasers (Floating Array and The Ball)
    • This weapon is also a double edged sword in that if the enemy gets a hold of it they can exploit it to effectively instantly kill them
      • Watts was able to hack Penny to get her to self-terminate after stealing one of her swords
      • Orianna's Hex-Gem is housed in The Ball's core and if destroyed she will die
  • Both use a blend of technology, soul power, and magic as their means of offense
    • Penny has both her own tech and the Maiden Powers
    • Orianna has Hextech which is a blend of technology and Elemental and Spirit magic
  • Both are heavily inspired by Pinocchio
Contrasts:
  • Penny is an android who became human through magic, while Orianna is a human who became an android through technology
  • The origin of their creation is mirrored
    • Penny was built by Pietro and brought to life by him giving her part of his soul, slowly killing him as a result
    • Orianna was 'built' by Corin reconstructing her body but she became a full android after giving her heart to her father to save his life
  • Both have opposing views of their purposes
    • Penny was built with the intent of having her serve as a sentient weapon and guardian for Atlas but she wanted to have a life a normal girl, whereas Orianna was originally a normal girl who now views herself as a weapon due to her existence as a Hextech golem

Question for all: Do you guys think Death Battles would be more interesting (maybe to a casual audience) if they waited until the conclusion to list their feats and numbers and stuff rather than during their analysis? That way people watching could form their opinions on who they think wins based on their abilities, skills and experience etc. A lot of modern DB’s I feel make the result very obvious in the analysis to a lot of people so I was wondering if this might be an interesting solution.

kinda of, im all for feats,weapons, and abilities rundowns but leave the calcs until after the fight. whenever a calc happens, it stops the flow of the episode and ruins the pacing.

heck we may not even need calcs at all, unless the fight is super close. actually talk more about checks and counters and how experience and fight styles compare etc

I think the channel needs a reminder on how the **** VS works. Imagine you're watching an episode and don't know what scaling is, how the hell are you going to know what they're talking about?

Question for all: Do you guys think Death Battles would be more interesting (maybe to a casual audience) if they waited until the conclusion to list their feats and numbers and stuff rather than during their analysis? That way people watching could form their opinions on who they think wins based on their abilities, skills and experience etc. A lot of modern DB’s I feel make the result very obvious in the analysis to a lot of people so I was wondering if this might be an interesting solution.
eh, I feel like that could handicap or make it nearly impossible to tell who would win beforehand, or just make their actual showings of strength in the fight itself like "wow, they can do that? huh." If you dont make it clear the general level of strength a character occupies before the fight itself, the fight having any level of scale would be a little iffy.

I guess the equalizer here would be hiding the most important calcs until the very end maybe. Make them appear relatively even up until then, perhaps?

But even then, I feel a lot of people would rather know EVERYTHING beforehand idk.

kinda of, im all for feats,weapons, and abilities rundowns but leave the calcs until after the fight. whenever a calc happens, it stops the flow of the episode and ruins the pacing.

heck we may not even need calcs at all, unless the fight is super close. actually talk more about checks and counters and how experience and fight styles compare etc

I think the channel needs a reminder on how the **** VS works. Imagine you're watching an episode and don't know what scaling is, how the hell are you going to know what they're talking about?
Calcs are uh, pretty important. Strength/Durability/Speed are usually the complete basis of a fight and numbers are usually much easier for people to wrap their heads around than things like abilities and how they counter. Basic scaling also isn't very difficult to understand. X is comparable to Y who can do X is pretty simple to explain. Sometimes some versus fights really do just come down to one character hitting harder than the other does BECAUSE they check each other in every other category. Removing them completely is a terrible idea.

They should probably just remove calcs from analysis parts and only have them at ending verdict parts, they sorta do that with hiding winner's calcs often, which is tinfoily but its kinda true at this point. Otherwise they should explain all details needed so that viewer can realize who wins.

or jenny (my life as a teenage robot)
Pretty sure robotboy is her chosen match
This really. Jenny Wakeman is for Robotboy

Honestly Penny has a weirdly large pool of potential opponents. Orianna, Genos, Robo-Fortune, Jenny Wakeman, Zane, Mack Hartford, Alita, Alisa Bosconovitch
Oh should we add in Motoko? Or even... Astro Boy as a returner? (If nobody minds AP stomping)

How about we dont feed another RWBY character to a Persona 3 character for no reason
Penny is a RWBY character right? Alisa is well above her capacity, unless RWBY has tier 6 shit going
Oh since now even Genos has Tier 6 (possibly Tier 5) scaling, Penny is pretty much scrap metal unless we actually cherrypick some opponents for her.

Last edited:
Many people, some reactors just watch the fight itself and if they want, see the explaination, assuming they care, plus there may be stuff they didnt knew of the characters, including their favorites, so watching the analysis aint bad, if its entertaining

Xros Wars mons arent really popular, I havent seen much suggestions for Shoutmon & modern DB is allergic to Digimon.

3 strikes, he is out.
Not for Shoutmon FRA except "modern DB is allergic to Digimon" (more like Digimon is not popular enough in North America)
Others? Perhaps.
Digimon Ghost Game is still airing and a new Persona-esque RPG Digimon Survive is coming soon.
But true Digimon is under presented at Death Battle.

At this point, the only Digi we might get is Omegamon probably killing Gogeta.

Tbf, Ultra did do a blog on Omega, so it might be a contender for next season, so they arent that reluctant on Digis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back