• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For no reason
13M8f7Y.jpg
agreed on the top and bottom part

Fair enough, I’ve heard there’s an immeasurable and multi+ Sans crowd but I probably overestimate their numbers.

I think I’ve seen Jon Snow vs Aragorn
It's a great MU if GRRM didn't confirm on two separate occasions that his characters would lose to those from Tolkien's work which kinda puts a damper on the MU.

Didn't stop DB from doing The Flash Vs Quicksilver despite both DC and Marvel writer's mutually agreeing years ago that Barry wins the MU.

You know, if Ghost Rider vs Sans happens, do you think there would be an uprising in Undertale fans trying to argue in Sans favor?
nah lol
Didn't stop DB from doing The Flash Vs Quicksilver despite both DC and Marvel writer's mutually agreeing years ago that Barry wins the MU.
s4 tbf and it was Barry most popular MU
Making a guess at the Season 10 line-up:
  • Bowser vs Eggman (100% going to be the Mario vs Sonic matchup next year. Potential finale material?)
  • Ghost Rider vs Spawn (By season 10, it'll have been long enough since Ghost Rider vs Lobo to justify bringing him back. Potential Halloween episode?)
  • Ant-Man vs Atom (I'm not confident it's happening this year, and there's no real reason to think next year. It's just a safe, good Marvel vs DC that people actually request)
  • Black Cat vs Catwoman (see above)
  • Zeus vs Odin (100% the next mythology matchup)
  • Kyle vs Simon/Galactus vs Unicron (it'll be the finale or they won't bother)
  • Captain America vs KR Ichigo
  • SOMETHING with Guts
  • A Naruto fight
  • A DBZ fight (not a Saiyan, I think it'll be Frieza, Piccolo or Cell)
Any further guesses?
Black cat vs Catwoman feels meh and i rarely see it tossed around these days
has that should've been done already

Yeah I don't really want to watch Gohan stomp Invincible and REALLY don't want to watch Gon lose to Deku, but they're popular matchups.
I don't know about Gon vs Deku, but couldn't Death Battle just limit Gohan to his Cell saga feats (maybe Bojack to add more). They've been showing that they're willing to use more specific versions of characters, and this would at least give the illusion that Invincible still has a chance.

I don't know about Gon vs Deku, but couldn't Death Battle just limit Gohan to his Cell saga feats (maybe Bojack to add more). They've been showing that they're willing to use more specific versions of characters, and this would at least give the illusion that Invincible still has a chance.
i don't think the "use a specific version of a X" Characters works here
mainly because people would want to see the character at there peak and Gohan new form is the main thing peeps would want to see on the show now than a form from a decade ago

That is a painful stomp tho.

I'm sure the Balrog and others have some good match ups.
Tbf LotR does fit the bill of a verse that mostly stomps or gets stomped. That said whatever DB gives Sauron I hope it finally helps alleviate the negative the preconception that LotR characters are mostly street tiers with low level magic that was enforced thanks to the movies with people ignoring the lore in the movies and straight up not reading the books too.

Unfortunately not in this case. Gohan just got a new form and everyone's gonna wanna see it, and they typically want to utilize characters at their best, this would be a bit different than say, Z Broly or Kid Goku for instance.

Unfortunately not in this case. Gohan just got a new form and everyone's gonna wanna see it, and they typically want to utilize characters at their best, this would be a bit different than say, Z Broly or Kid Goku for instance.
Also to add its easier to pull than when its outright Different versions then a point of them being at a certain level of power

Tbf LotR does fit the bill of a verse that mostly stomps or gets stomped. That said whatever DB gives Sauron I hope it finally helps alleviate the negative the preconception that LotR characters are mostly street tiers with low level magic that was enforced thanks to the movies with people ignoring the lore in the movies and straight up not reading the books too.
Sauron's going to be interesting, since they can put him anywhere from Mountain to Universal depending on what they take him as (and if they use his "timeless" key).

Is gonna be great to dispell that myth. It may not be Narnia, hut LOTR isn't weak.

Seeing as this was the first time an alternate continuity Dragon Ball character from the Heroes Xenoverse happened it does open up some possibilities, how would you all feel about Janemba coming to DB?
EAqTGzfXYAkG3Rm

Connections?
According to the Reddit comment:

- Two Individuals who lived in one of their Verse's Versions of Hell, where they made sure machinery was working well (Utshuo regulating the Flames of The Hell of Blazing Fires/Janemba making sure that The Soul Cleansing Machine works)

- However, due to outside forces (Kanako convening Utsuho that she could swallow the god, Yatagarasu/Janemba being close by when the Soul Cleanser blew up) & Their own...incompetence (Utshuo misunderstanding Kanako's Message about "gaining a power that would fulfil the wishes of both the worlds below and above the surface" to mean that she should take over Gensokyo/Janemba slacking off and not focusing on the Soul Cleanser), They Became Absurdly Powerful

- With this Power, The Whole World was to Crumble by their mere presence (Usthuo planning to Burn Gensokyo to the Ground, causing Geysers to Erupt across the Nation/Janemba breaking the Boundaries between The Mortal World & Hell by playing around) which caused the Dead to rise, albeit they didn't know (Rin letting out Spirits to cause an Incident, so whoever tried to stop it would stop Usthuo/Janemba's play causing the Evil Spirits from Hell to go out and attack the Mortal Realm)

- Both then got the attention of the main group of characters, where eventually they were cleansed (Reimu bring Utshuo back to her Senses/Gogeta using The Soul Punisher to Remove the Evil from Janemba)

- They're also...not the brightest (Utshuo being a Massive Airhead/Janemba being a Rampaging Monster)

Gohan vs Invincible as a MU is fine given the connections is a good as you can get

But when you look at the animation side of it I have yet to see why there the oomph for the MU

Invincible is ur definition of a Brick and it doesn't help he has legit nothing to play off Gohan for escalations let alone the scale

The fact u have to talk about using a specific saga of Gohan to make the fight work is defeating really cause Teen Gohan doesn't share much in common in Mark and doesn't offer much in common to His current self other than he's a a slight decimal fairer

Also to add its easier to pull than when its outright Different versions then a point of them being at a certain level of power
Plus it'd probably make a lot of the people who are unhappy about DBZ taking 3 back to back losses feel even more incensed like they're deliberately trying to fix matches to make the DB characters even less likely to win.
Gohan vs Invincible as a MU is fine given the connections is a good as you can get

But when you look at the animation side of it I have yet to see why there the oomph for the MU

Invincible is ur definition of a Brick and it doesn't help he has legit nothing to play off Gohan for escalations let alone the scale

The fact u have to talk about using a specific saga of Gohan to make the fight work is defeating really cause Teen Gohan doesn't share much in common in Mark and doesn't offer much in common to His current self other than he's a a slight decimal fairer
Maybe they're planning to make the matchup more interesting for a dialogue/storytelling perspective? Idk.

Maybe they're planning to make the matchup more interesting for a dialogue/storytelling perspective? Idk.
The simple solution would simply be for them to not do it at all.

Like, please, there are so many better Dragon Ball and Invincible MUs they could do to cash in on their hype. Hell, there’s Dragon Ball vs Invincible MUs that work better than this.

don't see how unlike Omnilander where Nolan despite his actions still loved his family and grown attached to earth and overall was a good guy and Homelander is well Homelander so it was easy to go in that route for story
The simple solution would simply be for them to not do it at all.

Like, please, there are so many better Dragon Ball and Invincible MUs they could do to cash in on their hype. Hell, there’s Dragon Ball vs Invincible MUs that work better than this.
obviously, there's better MU to do with both series but the issue mainly will go down to Gohan MU spread

you either

Feed Gohan to Superboy

or

Feed Him Invincible

Ultraman Zero is the best for gohan but being niche ain't helping himself alongside popularity being a factor

obviously, there's better MU to do with both series but the issue mainly will go down to Gohan MU spread

you either

Feed Gohan to Superboy

or

Feed Him Invincible

Ultraman Zero is the best for gohan but being niche ain't helping himself alongside popularity being a factor
Universal/Multiversal evil half-human hybrid with transformations is Gohan’s best MU, whoever they are. There has to be characters that fit that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back