• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully S10 is repeat of S5, most requested matches getting in.
They did make a point of mentioning how many MUs they had picked out from the request forms, maybe they'll be using it to determine some episodes. All I'm saying is, it'd be crazy of them not to do this MU to capitalize on the Mario movie's release.
latest

I'd confidently bet on a few of:

- Bowser vs Eggman

- Rick Vs The Doctor

- Simon vs Kyle

- Galactus vs Unicron

- Gojo vs Makima

- Mickey Vs Bugs

- Clare Vs Guts

Bowser vs Eggman is weird. Everyone snoozed on it during S3-S7, but it massively picked up during S8.
Folks warmed up to somewhere late 2020 and 2021

They did make a point of mentioning how many MUs they had picked out from the request forms, maybe they'll be using it to determine some episodes. All I'm saying is, it'd be crazy of them not to do this MU to capitalize on the Mario movie's release.
latest
Easy contender for next season

I'm just hoping there's a Travis Touchdown MU in there. I don't feel too confident in it happening this season anymore.
God same, praying for him to finally get his fight on the show, I've wanted him on for ages.
latest
This one felt like a shoe in the past 2 seasons so if it isn't in next season to capitalize off of Mario Movie & all the current Sonic hype and upcoming Sonic hype.

Bowser vs Eggman is weird. Everyone snoozed on it during S3-S7, but it massively picked up during S8.
I think it was because everyone assumed the outcome would just be their same reasoning for Mario v Sonic, until people started to realize there's actually quite a bit more behind it than that (and also Eggman and Bowser have both gotten a lot of stuff since, Bowser got a new form and Eggman has gotten some new Tier 2 weaponry.)

anyways a lil recap for next season
Ben was talking about the next season and what’s to come. He and the team looked at the requests, which came about to a total of, and I shit you not when I say this… 90 requests! 90! He even went about and said they might add more episodes in Season 10

for next season MU that are a locked

Eggman vs Bowser
Dragon Ball MU(Frieza,Piccolo,Gohan or Cell)

When you think about it, it's actually a lot more humiliating for Trunks then it was for Vegeta and Goku. Like Superman and Thor have always been believed to be "pretty OP" characters so even if people hated Goku vs Superman and Vegeta vs Thor at least those characters aren't out of this world.
But then on the flip side, you got one of the most iconic characters in the entire Dragon Ball franchise losing to a bloody hedgehog, that is pretty damn funny
I do love the smell of argument from incredulity in the morning, just goes to show how shallow some peeps truly are. I'll never tired of idiots saying "kiddy" franchises can't have serious and nuanced stories/lore (E.g Sonic, Pokémon, Kirby, etc) because it's oh so ridiculous and unbelievable yet the countless over-the-top to cliched comicbook/manga origin stories are just fine?

Some peeps really need a major reality check when it comes to they so-called standards for fictional characters.

God same, praying for him to finally get his fight on the show, I've wanted him on for ages.

This one felt like a shoe in the past 2 seasons so if it isn't in next season to capitalize off of Mario Movie & all the current Sonic hype and upcoming Sonic hype.
A friend of mine is really into NMH, so my hype for Travis is partially motivated by him.

Season 10 is going to be now or never for Bowser vs Eggman.

I'd confidently bet on a few of:

- Bowser vs Eggman

- Rick Vs The Doctor

- Simon vs Kyle

- Galactus vs Unicron

- Gojo vs Makima

- Mickey Vs Bugs

- Clare Vs Guts
If Simon v Kyle isn't this season finale my bet on S10's season finale becomes a coin flip between it and Galactus v Unicron.

And if we don't get Gru v Megamind this season, it's also an auto assumption for next season for me.

But honestly I'd be on all the episodes you named showing up one way or another. My other guesses would be:

Deku vs Gon
Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut (though I bet more on this being a Season 11 episode after Archie Silver v DBH Trunks)
Sakuya vs Hit (or whoever they decide her opponent to be)
Piccolo vs Magus or Gohan vs Invincible
Mirio vs Rengoku
Antman vs Atom

I think these also all have a decent chance of happening just based on relevance or past patterns.

I'm now Sans Undertale go into my eyes

HOLY SHIT??????

Last edited:
If Simon v Kyle isn't this season finale my bet on S10's season finale becomes a coin flip between it and Galactus v Unicron.

And if we don't get Gru v Megamind this season, it's also an auto assumption for next season for me.

But honestly I'd be on all the episodes you named showing up one way or another. My other guesses would be:

Deku vs Gon
Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut (though I bet more on this being a Season 11 episode after Archie Silver v DBH Trunks)
Mirio vs that My Hero character
Antman vs Atom

I think these also all have a decent chance of happening just based on relevance or past patterns.
Gonna throw in a wildcard here and say it's Bugs vs Mickey. After Saitama vs Popeye, that is the exact kind of shit I expect from them.

I think you might mean Mirio vs Rengoku, Mirio is the MHA character.

unknown.png

They talk a lot over Mickey vs Bugs a lot in the current Champion Cast and they claim that "it would be one of the hardest matchups we ever do", and that "they're going to do it eventually" and that "if they're going to do it, they want to do it right"

Honestly this whole cast MIGHT have just deconfirmed it for next season.

They're talking about how it'd be a monumental task to cover their research due to all their appearances, that the episode itself would be very production intensive since they'd either have to go hand drawn, or a sprite blend.

It's 100% a matchup that they want to do no matter what but it just seems like a herculean effort they're putting down for right now.

In terms of other interesting info here:
-Swan clowned on someone for playing Devil's Advocate against Grim because apparently he thinks Grim takes/stomps it, and then proclaimed it gave him a Joker moment.
-Bond vs Wick was a very difficult fight to figure out the fight/fight choreography of and took a lot of time
-Popeye vs Saitama was the opposite, the fight's progression, ideas, and jokes were all nearly identical to the initial draft, the beginning and the end were nearly identical, the only parts that they changed much were the transitions and the middle part with the boat. They also said that the idea with Saitama's death finally giving him what he wanted along with his death being a type of "canon death" was very bold of them to do.
-They often don't want to have massive stories or arcs in the fight, as they don't want to step on the toes of the creators of the characters when it comes to storytelling, and they also emphasized that Death Battle is a show about the fight itself more than anything else. They acknowledged the joke about the animation starting with characters just, fighting for no reason, and said it's very intentional sometimes, and that fight setups are very silly intentionally. They don't prioritize fight setups or stories in fights, but like putting them in when they can (they used Saitama vs Popeye, Deadpool's episodes, and He-Man vs Lion-O as their setups or fight stories/character presences.
-They brought up that sometimes fights are incredibly easy to make setups for, like Dio vs Alucard, considering their roles are vampires & vampire hunters.
-Ben feels like Season 1 & 2 are the worst parts of the show, and that about halfway Season 3 is where they finally started to figure themselves out. They do acknowledge that Season 2 has some classics like Snake v Sam and Torrian episodes. Swan took a jab at how bad S1 & 2 (I think their research) was.

Deku vs Gon
Mirio vs that My Hero character
Antman vs Atom

Deku vs Gon and Gohan vs Invincible, enough to bring a grown person to tears

Gonna throw in a wildcard here and say it's Bugs vs Mickey. After Saitama vs Popeye, that is the exact kind of shit I expect from them.

I think you might mean Mirio vs Rengoku, Mirio is the MHA character.
Look at my post above regarding Bugs v Mickey!

But also yeah I meant that MU, as you can tell I'm not really into Demon Slayer or My Hero. I only know Mirio's name because it's been one of my friend's usernames for 5 years haha.
Deku vs Gon and Gohan vs Invincible, enough to bring a grown person to tears
Yeah I don't really want to watch Gohan stomp Invincible and REALLY don't want to watch Gon lose to Deku, but they're popular matchups.

Didn't you post the exactly same comment on the last thread? (Minus the "more").
yes just for a recap cause i forgot
unknown.png

They talk a lot over Mickey vs Bugs a lot in the current Champion Cast and they claim that "it would be one of the hardest matchups we ever do", and that "they're going to do it eventually" and that "if they're going to do it, they want to do it right"

Honestly this whole cast MIGHT have just deconfirmed it for next season.

They're talking about how it'd be a monumental task to cover their research due to all their appearances, that the episode itself would be very production intensive since they'd either have to go hand drawn, or a sprite blend.

It's 100% a matchup that they want to do no matter what but it just seems like a herculean effort they're putting down for right now.

-Swan clowned on someone for playing Devil's Advocate against Grim because apparently he thinks Grim takes/stomps it, and then proclaimed it gave him a Joker moment.
-Bond vs Wick was a very difficult fight to figure out the fight/fight choreography of and took a lot of time
-Popeye vs Saitama was the opposite, the fight's progression, ideas, and jokes were all nearly identical to the initial draft, the beginning and the end were nearly identical, the only parts that they changed much were the transitions and the middle part with the boat. They also said that the idea with Saitama's death finally giving him what he wanted along with his death being a type of "canon death" was very bold of them to do.
-They often don't want to have massive stories or arcs in the fight, as they don't want to step on the toes of the creators of the characters when it comes to storytelling, and they also emphasized that Death Battle is a show about the fight itself more than anything else. They acknowledged the joke about the animation starting with characters just, fighting for no reason, and said it's very intentional sometimes, and that fight setups are very silly intentionally. They don't prioritize fight setups or stories in fights, but like putting them in when they can (they used Saitama vs Popeye, Deadpool's episodes, and He-Man vs Lion-O as their setups or fight stories/character presences.
-They brought up that sometimes fights are incredibly easy to make setups for, like Dio vs Alucard, considering their roles are vampires & vampire hunters.
-Ben feels like Season 1 & 2 are the worst parts of the show, and that about halfway Season 3 is where they finally started to figure themselves out. They do acknowledge that Season 2 has some classics like Snake v Sam and Torrian episodes. Swan took a jab at how bad S1 & 2 (I think their research) was.
that's interesting info regarding BondWick and PopTama
i can understand the bolded given most of the time none of these characters would actually fight each other to the death however it does help alot of fights
weird to say S2 was the worst parts of the shows given it still holds up then again he must've talked about the lows of said season and how they came off cause DB was highly petty in the early seasons

I find this part kind of silly tbh. Death Battle is fanwork, they shouldn't be afraid to write stories for it. Hell, most fight scenarios I've seen people come up with tend to involve a lot of story because that's what people want from the show. If we just wanted fights, DBX is literally right there.

I get that they're more at risk of a lawsuit than most people, since they are an official production making profit off characters that aren't owned by them, but still.

...Oh ****, writing this made me realize that Viacom might unleash the copyright hammer on Spongebob vs Super Friends Aquaman.

I find this part kind of silly tbh. Death Battle is fanwork, they shouldn't be afraid to write stories for it. Hell, most fight scenarios I've seen people come up with tend to involve a lot of story because that's what people want from the show. If we just wanted fights, DBX is literally right there.

I get that they're more at risk of a lawsuit than most people, since they are an official production making profit off characters that aren't owned by them, but still.

...Oh ****, writing this made me realize that Viacom might unleash the copyright hammer on Spongebob vs Super Friends Aquaman.
Yeah, I do agree that a lot of people want to see more story-centric episodes, or at least episodes with strong character interactions. I think the support around Tetsuo vs Magneto and Omnilander definitely point towards that, but I can at least understand them not making it a priority. Not every fight needs a story surrounding it or a big setup.

Also yeah, Viacom being Viacom is certainly something I'm a bit worried about with this ep...

Yeah, S10 should be chosen by now.

Hopefully S10 is repeat of S5, most requested matches getting in.
Making a guess at the Season 10 line-up:
  • Bowser vs Eggman (100% going to be the Mario vs Sonic matchup next year. Potential finale material?)
  • Ghost Rider vs Spawn (By season 10, it'll have been long enough since Ghost Rider vs Lobo to justify bringing him back. Potential Halloween episode?)
  • Ant-Man vs Atom (I'm not confident it's happening this year, and there's no real reason to think next year. It's just a safe, good Marvel vs DC that people actually request)
  • Black Cat vs Catwoman (see above)
  • Zeus vs Odin (100% the next mythology matchup)
  • Kyle vs Simon/Galactus vs Unicron (it'll be the finale or they won't bother)
  • Captain America vs KR Ichigo
  • SOMETHING with Guts
  • A Naruto fight
  • A DBZ fight (not a Saiyan, I think it'll be Frieza, Piccolo or Cell)
Any further guesses?

For no reason
13M8f7Y.jpg
Banger list.

• Bowser vs Eggman (100% going to be the Mario vs Sonic matchup next year. Potential finale material?)
  • Ghost Rider vs Spawn (By season 10, it'll have been long enough since Ghost Rider vs Lobo to justify bringing him back. Potential Halloween episode?)
  • Ant-Man vs Atom (I'm not confident it's happening this year, and there's no real reason to think next year. It's just a safe, good Marvel vs DC that people actually request)
  • SOMETHING with Guts
  • A Naruto fight
Any further guesses?
Archie Knux vs Juggernaut is practically a shoe-in for Season 10/11, but I'm leaning more towards 10.

Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead since Liam really wants it, and I have a feeling Death Battle knows to trust him with episodes he really wants to make.

Gonna be honest, Captain America vs KR Ichigo sounds like cope at this point but I'll allow it. Lord knows I have more obscure MUs I want on Death Battle.

• SOMETHING with Guts
  • A Naruto fight
Any further guesses?
Likely another Pokémon MU methinks since 2023 will be the 25th anniversary of Pokémon first coming to the west plus most of DBs viewership demographic are in the US.

Also we're long overdue Fate, Fire Emblem and more new gen manga reps (Black Clover, 7DS/NNT and more) also LotR has yet to appear as well.

Archie Knux vs Juggernaut is practically a shoe-in for Season 10/11, but I'm leaning more towards 10.

Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead since Liam really wants it, and I have a feeling Death Battle knows to trust him with episodes he really wants to make.
Archie Knux v Juggs I feel is a S11 episode solely because we just had Archie Sonic this season, and Bowser vs Eggman is too likely to not happen next season. I doubt they'll do two Sonic MUs in the same season, and especially not an Archie Sonic MU in back to back season.

If we're getting two Sonic MUs next season, I have a feeling it'd be Bowser vs Eggman and a Fleetway Sonic MU. Though I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get Archie Knux v Juggs so early.

Also yeah I could totally see Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead solely because it's a guaranteed moneymaker (Elden Rings being a huge name and Souls being a moneymaking franchise and Skyrim being eternal) and Liam-made episodes have all been well respected and big monkeymakers so far to my knowledge.

You know, if Ghost Rider vs Sans happens, do you think there would be an uprising in Undertale fans trying to argue in Sans favor?
It'd be out of ignorance of comic insanity if nothing else, I doubt it'd have much in terms of backlash honestly, especially once they go over the stats and explain things well.

I think most of Undertale's fans grew up and they probably won't give a shit if Sans loses
Fair enough, I’ve heard there’s an immeasurable and multi+ Sans crowd but I probably overestimate their numbers.
LotR is 100% coming this season, Sauron was already confirmed.

I'm wondering though, are there any good LotR MUs aside from Sauron vs the Lich King and Gandalf vs Dumbledore?
I think I’ve seen Jon Snow vs Aragorn

LotR is 100% coming this season, Sauron was already confirmed.

I'm wondering though, are there any good LotR MUs aside from Sauron vs the Lich King and Gandalf vs Dumbledore?
Brainfart moment on my part... oof!

As for other LotR MUs.

At least it kills two birds with one stone (A new franchise in FE and builds on the hype of the new LotR show this year plus the new FE game next year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back