• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no attachment to either character in this MU but I do feel like they really did Trunks dirty. Personally speaking, at least what what I've gathered that Keysword was heavily downplayed along with Trunk's stats

This thread in 4 hours when Kirb drops the single longest post in VSBW history:
unknown.png

Watched the death battle as it was ******* amazing. My reaction to Silver winning:
Fuck_Yeah_Angel.jpg

It also helped that me and brother both yelled and said "It's no use" when Silver said it. Really helped we're big Sonic fans, even more with Dragon Ball. This is probably a 9 for me or 10 for sheer sonic bias, and Silver getting a dub against Trunks after being his punching bag for so god damn long.
Now for the next time is very funny as I don't know either character power, but I did like Spongebob as a kid though. I expect good hijinks with this match up as this is probably best for both. If I wanted another Spongebob match up, I would go with Chowder personally.

Do you guys think Swan is voicing one of the characters in the next fight and that's why he was so excited?

Anyways, off to bed. Big day tomorrow. I can't wait to see the chat's reaction to the fight+the next time
I can totally see that.
I will be surprised if he voiced for the Super Friends Aquaman and will be further surprised if SFA actually won.

The two time protectors collide and make a gigantic explosion that destroys one of the meteor fragments. Silver, who is limbless and falling, looks to see that his opponent is also falling but has been blasted to bloody pieces. Believing he had won the battle, Silver laughs as he compliments his opponent's tactics...

Silver: Hahahaha, you almost had me there, you tricky bastard!

... before being impaled from behind through the chest by the Keysword of the Time Patrol captain.

Trunks: Nothing escapes my illusions, hedgehog.

True to Trunks' words, the remains that were falling become gray and crumble upon hitting the ground, revealed to be an illusion created from rubble. Trunks charges up one final attack right where he and the Hedgehog are.

Trunks: Know your place.

Trunks summons a large blinding pillar of purple light that vaporizes a screaming Silver. After the attack dies down, Trunks lets out a laugh of victory... only for his eyes to have glows of Chaos Emeralds in them, revealing that he was trapped in the legendary freedom fighter's mental illusion due to Silver having activated his Chaos Emeralds before their clash earlier. Trunks falls backwards helplessly as a limbo clone appears from his body and sends its Psychic Blast orbs after the son of Vegeta, which destroys his body piece by piece and leaves his head to fall towards one final orb. It materializes into an energy sword to pierce Trunks' skull, with the sword's own blade enlarging soon after to pop the Super Saiyan's head into a bloody burst. Silver, who is holding the staff, lets out a sigh of content.

Silver: What a wonderful dance.

He then watches in silence as his meteor storm showers the battlefield in explosions, with his opponent's leg and wing left bleeding on the ground next to him as the screen cuts to black.

I can totally see that.
I will be surprised if he voiced for the Super Friends Aquaman and will be further surprised if SFA actually won.

The two time protectors collide and make a gigantic explosion that destroys one of the meteor fragments. Silver, who is limbless and falling, looks to see that his opponent is also falling but has been blasted to bloody pieces. Believing he had won the battle, Silver laughs as he compliments his opponent's tactics...

Silver: Hahahaha, you almost had me there, you tricky bastard!

... before being impaled from behind through the chest by the Keysword of the Time Patrol captain.

Trunks: Nothing escapes my illusions, hedgehog.

True to Trunks' words, the remains that were falling become gray and crumble upon hitting the ground, revealed to be an illusion created from rubble. Trunks charges up one final attack right where he and the Hedgehog are.

Trunks: Know your place.

Trunks summons a large blinding pillar of purple light that vaporizes a screaming Silver. After the attack dies down, Trunks lets out a laugh of victory... only for his eyes to have glows of Chaos Emeralds in them, revealing that he was trapped in the legendary freedom fighter's mental illusion due to Silver having activated his Chaos Emeralds before their clash earlier. Trunks falls backwards helplessly as a limbo clone appears from his body and sends its Psychic Blast orbs after the son of Vegeta, which destroys his body piece by piece and leaves his head to fall towards one final orb. It materializes into an energy sword to pierce Trunks' skull, with the sword's own blade enlarging soon after to pop the Super Saiyan's head into a bloody burst. Silver, who is holding the staff, lets out a sigh of content.

Silver: What a wonderful dance.

He then watches in silence as his meteor storm showers the battlefield in explosions, with his opponent's leg and wing left bleeding on the ground next to him as the screen cuts to black.
Silver: Always aim for the body.

HERE'S MY ******* MEGA POST ABOUT THIS EPISODE, NEATLY SEPARATED FOR WHAT YOU CARE TO SEE ME TALK ABOUT

This ******* episode dude, holy shit, I have spent the entire day stressing about and being excited for it, ever since I woke up. I've had to dodge this forum, dodge several discords I'm a part of, I had to stop using Twitter cause spoiler posts and stop using Youtube cause spoiler thumbnails started cropping up, and all my friends were spoiling themselves, but despite it all, I managed to go into this episode with no spoilers, at all. I got to group watch it with a group of fellow Sonic & Dragon Ball fan friends, and we had a complete blast, I'm glad I waited for it.

I'm going to say this up front, as I am going to say a hell of a lot from here on out. This episode is incredible, I loved it, through and through. This is my favorite fight all season hands down, and likely my favorite episode, it honestly might even surpass several of S8's heaviest hitters for me. That might be a bold claim, especially for someone who was so critical of the episode going forward, but get ready cause I have to fully analyze this episode and fight.

The analysis segments were very solid! I'm not the biggest fan of Jocelyn's character, her jokes and way of delivery typically don't hit for me, but her segments on here weren't ultimately that bad and serve their purpose well. They do a very good job of discussing both character's stories, from what I can tell, I can't comment on Heroes' as well as I can Archie, but most of my DB familiar friends in the call seemed to be pretty happy with the rundown in terms of coverage. For what I can really talk about though, I enjoyed the rundown for Archie Silver, they did a good job covering his backstory, the plotlines he would be involved with, and a very good job covering his stats, scaling, and abilities. While I don't think either of these analysis segments hit me quite as well as HercKong or BondWick's, which I think were the best two analysis' this season, this one was around the same tier as Magnetsuo or Excaliden, if not even better imo. Just a very fun coverage of both characters.

Now for the part everyone actually cares about. I have a lot to say. It is almost all good, I am vibrating in my seat faster than Wally West could ever hope to.

I believe I've already talked about the fight opening plenty since I watched the preview like 20 something odd times. But it's a very good fight setup, the general best they could have given. Trunks getting on Silver's case for Time Travelling and trying to alter his future is the most sensical way for a fight between the two to start out.

The fight start is very solid as well, good character expression work, the backgrounds look nice, and so do the visual effects. While Trunks has some very minor jank, its pretty dismissible and not that big a deal. Both characters make good usage of their base abilities, Trunks' sword and ki blasts, Silver's TK, warp ring, and attack redirection, the fight flows very well, if being a little low on impact up until Silver reflects Trunks' Masenko (?), which is the point I think the fight's impact kicks up a lot more.

From here on out things start to get really crazy. Trunks immediately goes Super Saiyan to counter Silver's giant boulder, and its pretty impactful. What I didn't expect was for SILVER to IMMEDIATELY activate his Super Form in retaliation, though. While watching the fight everyone thought that it felt just a little too early for Silver to pull it out, but frankly in hindsight, it allowed for them to start going buckwild with the scale from here on out. I will admit, Silver's super transformation did feel a little less visually interesting / impactful than I would've liked, but Silver immediately no-selling the reflected attack with the loud ass SFX saves it. The dialogue here was pretty fun, Silver's dorky ass trying to seem cool just for Trunks to call him out for his copying.

This is where the fight just starts to get really good. The ******* moon exploding this early into the fight was not expected (they've really been having fun fuckign the moon up lately, huh?) and feels appropriately impactful, and the scale of Silver immediately hucking all the rocks at Trunks is palpable. All my DB friends absolutely loved the little joke with him hoping for a good pull to help him deal with it, so I'm assuming that's just a nice injoke about Xenoverse/Heroes gacha mechanics, I chuckled in the moment myself though. I liked the difference in power between some of Trunks' lower level summons being shown through the fight, where they immediately fail to counter Silver's reflected blast while Trunks is the only one who can handle it. The ******* pig immediately dying in the background was a pretty good in joke too, I wouldn't have noticed that if someone here didn't point that out, btw.

Next up might just be my favorite scene in the fight though. Silver using his TK to ******* redirect his ALREADY redirected ki blasts from Trunks' summon, JUST to pull them into his redirection of Trunks' galick gun to increase it's power even further to shatter Trunks' sword and force him to go all out before completely overpowering the attack and knocking Silver back was ******* incredible. Absolutely insane scale, impact, and it looks visually ******* awesome, and is a perfect showcase of Silver's craftiness with his TK and Attack Reflection in battle, and a good showcase of Trunks' power. People generally thought that Silver's reliance on AR & TK could spell for boring choreo, but creativity like this refutes that idea quite well. This one ******* scene is better than anything in the entirety of Archie vs Wally, and we're only halfway through the fight.

Trunks then gets to wail on Silver a bit to show how he generally dominates the fight in hand to hand combat, before he gets off an absolutely insane beam attack, visually this was on the tier of Vegeta's ******* Final Flash. My one complaint is that Silver kind of pathetically falls out of the attack with little impact. It looks like he just flopped over and fell out instead of being launched away with incredible force. This lack of impact is IMMEDIATELY made up for afterwards, with Trunks slashing Silver with the Keysword and just, all of reality and time beginning to bug the **** out. It feels like Silver's super form working against the affects of the Keysword as they both try to overpower one another, with time jittering and stopping and rewinding and continuing like wild as the visual effects and sound go ******* crazy. All while this happens Silver goes to cast Chronos Control, and gives my favorite vocal delivery in the ep, and Trunks goes to entrap him in the Eternal Time Labyrinth. I think Trunks' VA could've given this line a bit more gusto like Silver's did, but then again, Silver is the one being slashed here, not Trunks LOL. THIS could also be my favorite shot in the episode too, it's just so ******* good.

Now we get to the fight finale, which is incredible too. The backdrop of the ETL is striking, the music building up to a crazy finale, Trunks rushing forward and turning into a blue line due to the Keysword's glow, as Silver delivers a reprisal of his it's no use line in a much more triumphant, powerful way, only for Silver to utilize his Chronos & Chaos powers to override Trunks, snatching the Keysword from him and launching it right back at him, but Trunks CATCHES the sword and holds it back even as Silver's TK pushes it towards him, which forces Silver to use his TK and to grab Trunks and the sword at the same time, holding Trunks still as he forces the blade through his chest, killing Trunks as he's completely oblitherated from reality & the timeline, his death scream glitching and bugging out as he goes. I'm not sure if his death is due to Silver wiping him from existence as he's stabbed, or the effects of the Keysword ******* Trunks over, but it's still an incredibly impactful and well built up kill.

Overall, this fight was ******* incredible, everything I could have asked for. When I bitch about and complain about Archie v Wally, this is generally more of what I had in mind for what I wanted out of the fight. Fast pace, utilizing much more of the character's arsenal, more crazy scale, interesting, inventive choreography, more notable setpieces, some more character interactions, a kill that is generally a lot more comprehensible than whatever the hell happened at the end of ASonic v Wally.

My complaints with this fight are just, so minimal, they're all nitpicks, but I'll just name them off/restate them. The fight's opening, as well paced and fun as it is, is a little lacking in impact up until the first attack reflection. Silver's super transformation could've looked a bit more impactful/visually impressive, Silver being launched out of Trunks' massive **** off laser beam needed more impact/velocity, and Silver DOES kind of start to do a bit less in the fight after Trunks activates his God Ki and starts beating on him, outside of his major moments with the Keysword clash and final kill.

Also, Hedge of Tomorrow is ******* incredible, I've had it on loop the past two days, and its fighting for my favorite track this season alongside Metal Lotus honestly. I also appreciated them seemingly getting Silver's official VA on the show, it feels pretty wild to look back on the Shadow vs Mewtwo days where they intentionally had the VA sound as shitty as possible for Shadow, to going out of their way to hire the official voice actor for the character. Doubly so considering Silver was ragged on so heavily back then.

All in all, I finally have it. I finally ******* got what I've wanted for so long. I have a single, genuinely fantastic Sonic episode. An episode with a good analysis, with a ******* phenomenal fight that realizes its potential and is visually good, has no major flaws, treats its characters well, has a great battle track, it was everything I could've asked for. Easy ******* 10/10 for me, the best episode this season easily and it's probably gonna rank among my favorite episodes on the show ever. You have no ******* idea how good that feels to say, as someone who's always felt Sonic has had a bad history on the show, and as someone who probably went into this episode more critical than most others here did. I am esctatic.

So one thing I've noticed while I was scrolling this thread to catch up, is that a lot of people are discussing the verdict/outcome, and there seems to be a pretty prevailing opinion that DBH was downplayed. I have no idea what anyone is talking about here, and this seems to be due to a lot of misinformation since the episode isn't officially out yet. Before I really tackled anything anyone is saying here though, I went and read Ultra's QnA just to be sure of EVERYTHING they utilized beforehand, and it's honestly pretty extensive and covers things pretty well, it might honestly be one of the best QnA's they've ever dropped, it feels like it covers everything, considering I'm seeing it cover shit that I haven't seen a single person in this thread EVER mention, it even has those graphs that people like so much.

Trunks was put at Multiversal+ absolute minimum, and even scaled to 5D as they allowed the Crack of Time to be a higher dimensional existence. That means they had L1C Trunks, that's higher than we have here. I'm also not sure why people were shocked about the Immeasurable speed feats being put into contention, when in the BlackFlash QnA Ultra literally said the feats had contention to them. He still accounted for Immeasurable speed Trunks regardless though in the Silver v Trunks QnA though. He still got insanely high MFTL+, more than enough to shit on basically any other verse, and they acknowledged Immeasurable in the QnA meaning they'll likely get it in any future episodes. Based on what I read in the QnA and what I've seen in this thread though, is that apparently it might have been due to Immeasurable speed DBH not quite being popular knowledge at the time that the episode began development, which would explain a lot.

If you're wondering why they said Trunks could probably still take a victory or two despite the stats gap, well, they emphasized he thoroughly stat-stomped base Silver, and to my knowledge they don't scale base Silver to immeasurable, so he could probably get a few wins via killing Silver before he goes Super or a lucky Keysword slash. Honestly though they probably did throw that line in for a little bit of damage control.

ALSO NO, SONIC'S COSMOLOGY IS NOT SAID TO BE EQUAL TO DC'S, THEY SIMPLY USED IT AS AN EXAMPLE BECAUSE THE CASUAL AUDIENCE IS FAMILIAR WITH DC, IN FACT DC COSMOLOGY BEING BIGGER IS EXACTLY WHY THEY SAID ARCHIE SONIC LOST TO WALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE, WHERE DID ANYONE GET THIS ******* IDEA FROM????

Not to mention, if we wanna talk about wanking Silver, they didn't even go as far as they could've, they generally said he was comparable and should have the abilities of any other version correct? That means they could've totally brought up IDW's Biological/Cellular Manip in Super State and that definitely could've played as a wincon too.

NO ******* idea why they brought up Spawn or his multiverse potentially scaling to Archie though, even I thought that was pretty excessive / unnecessary, since its just kind of a one off gag in the comics itself, but ultimately it didn't really make a difference in the verdict since he still had scaling to higher dimensional structures and other multiverses like Archie Mega Man and Sabrina the Teenage Witch etc etc. They also emphasize in the QnA that even if Trunks had Immeasurable and even with 5D, Silver's statistics were just more impressive due to Archie's wider cosmology. Glad this seems to pretty solidly secure Archie Knux's win against Juggs unless he decides to finally stop jobbing and get some ******* insane shit soon, Archiebros going 2/3 would be nice.

OUTSIDE OF THE STATISTICAL STUFF, WHAT DID I THINK OF THIER REASONING?:

The rest is pretty solid, though. He can resist basically all of Trunks' major haxx, could redirect and turn most of his attacks against him, he could resist the Keysword's main sealing abilities, he could probably hang in for long enough against Trunks in Base Form to get his Super Transformation off, Silver was massively too skilled with Chaos Force usage and was incredibly versatile,

The QnA also goes even further in depth, it explains how Silver could counter if you allowed Trunks to call in other Time Patrol members, his counters to the stamina reduction/manip, talks about probability manip (which honestly makes it seem like even less of a factor in the fight than I expected, I probably should've looked into this more before I started saying it was one of Trunks' biggest factors in his favor, scaling chains for Heroes being too speculative and not helping in the end, Trunks not being able to time travel without his machine (which Silver could short circuit), and some other things.

The Keysword section is also pretty decent, it covers why sealing his powers would be unlikely, and why Silver could counter/escape the Eternal Time Labyrinth (and pointed out something I didn't even think of, with him ALSO having his own Sealing options), and him resisting it's other haxx just fine. The only thing I think it should have covered it the Keysword's supposed duranegging, invulnerability negging, immortality negging, and low godly regen negging abilities, they're all on this wiki so I assume there's some legitimacy to them, and they were basically the only factor for Trunks' favor that I couldn't find Silver having an explicit resistance to, unless using the argument of resisting the SGW's effects being far beyond what the Keysword's haxx/negation would be capable of is the main argument there, in which case, then yeah, I guess that covers just about everything.

So I just want to say that I think it's incredibly funny a lot of what I said throughout this board ended up being true. Silver having the advantage through dimensional tiering (can't believe they finally touched on it officially, wow) and some general statistical/haxx related things I called, having a scene where Silver and Trunks clash one another's power with devastating effects, he'd probably use the Keysword against Trunks for the kill, how he'd use it's no use against Trunks in a more triumphant way for the final kill, and it looks like he used a combination of his psychic hold alongside stabbing trunks with the Keysword for the final blow? I obviously didn't get everything right and am not trying to claim anything silly, I just think it's funny how much I ended up getting right.

I also just want to bring up some other personal things with this MU for me, that logistically shouldn't really play into any review for this episode or anything, but I still wanna just dump these thoughts in general. For one, seeing Silver, finally, FINALLY triumph in a major Vs Fight, after so many years of being a proverbial punching bag in so many communities across so many years, disrespected constantly and frequently considered to lose nearly all his MUs and having lost to Trunks in literally every single Vs Animation with the two (EXCEPT YOU ANIMATION REWIND), having him finally get his major win on the most major Vs Platform of them all, DB, is an awesome ******* feeling. My boy finally got his hard fought ******* win and he ******* deserves it. Against literally every odd, it's the most appropriate thing possible. Seeing Silver be treated with so much respect in this episode was honestly a shell shock coming from someone who grew up in the era of classic DB and witnessed the Shadow vs Mewtwo Chart the day it was posted.

Another major thing, I believe I mentioned it here, but recently, a couple months ago, a friend of mine named Gadiel passed away, he was like a little brother to me and I miss him dearly. He was a huge Sonic fan and we frequently talked about the series, and Silver was his favorite character. While he wasn't really as experienced in the comics as I was, he still loved him from the games. I think he just liked his ability set and kind of related to his awkward nature. As weird as it sounds, I've started to associate a lot of things that he loved, with him in general. His favorite cartoon was Ben 10 (he wasn't happy about BenHal LOL), his favorite game was TWEWY, he was a massive fan of the TMNT, loved Jackie Chan, etc etc. All those things are just things I associate with him strongly now. You can probably see where I'm going with this, I gained a slight personal investment in this MU of not really wanting to see Silver die again, because of how strongly I've started to associate him with that friend. So seeing him ultimately triumph in a fight everyone thought he stood no chance in, it gave a really nice feeling, and reminded me of some personal experiences of this friend pushing through a lot of things himself. This is 100% me being far too sentimental and making meaning where there isn't any, but that's just how it is for me. I'm a silly guy.

THE NEXT EPISODE IS ******* HILARIOUS. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO ******* WAY THAT OUR FIRST DC HERALD L IS GONNA BE THIS. I FORGIVE ARCHIE SONIC BEING DENIED BEING THE FIRST DC KILLER. I FORGIVE SIMON NOT GETTING THE CHANCE TO BE THE FIRST. I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANY BETTER ******* TIMELINE THAN SPONGEBOB BEING THE ONE TO KILL A DC HERALD FIRST, THAT IS ASCENDANTLY FUNNY.

Jokes aside though, I'm looking forward to seeing Spongebob on the show again, this could end up being one of the most fun analysis segments they ever do, and this whole fight could be a complete blast. Supposedly Liam put his heart and soul into this one so this could end up being another sleeper ******* banger episode this season. I'm all ******* for it, lets go. I'm fine with having a nice, tame, fun episode after such an insanely close debate as this episode.

Also as an aside, I truly did enjoy debating this episode with you all over the past two weeks, this was the most fun I've had on the boards in a while, I hope future matches can be similarly close, and if not close, at least similarly fun to discuss!

Yes mucho texto I'm aware, but you all wanted it. I appreciate anyone who actually bothers to read all this word soup. Or those who only read sections of it, this is a LOT of text after all!

Last edited:
3619 words, I was only a dozen hundred off or so.
Man, thank ******* god this MU, especially the regular version, wasn’t done earlier, I guarantee it would have sucked major ass.
Well, I’m happy you enjoyed this one so much. Now I just need this Dragon Ball L streak to stop lmao.
I probably could've gotten it a bit longer but I didn't want to make the post any longer than it had to be. An exactly 5000 word long post would have been ******* hysterical though.

So long as Gohan's or Freiza's MU is next or Piccolo fights Magus, I think you guys will be spared from the L Streak.

If they decide to do Sakuya vs Hit next.... I can't guarantee that...

I'm genuinely ecstatic @Kirbonic_Pikmin got the 10/10 Sonic fight he needed. More than that though, I'm ******* astonished he took so little time to write it out, that was literally under 3 hours. Then again this is the same guy who almost singlehandedly made a G1 quality DB blog in so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I'm nothing if not dedicated to this silly little hobby. I also have a slight penchant/passion for writing that crops up from time to time, and severe ADHD, so that helps a bit. Also thank you ( :

But yeah, I'm super ******* happy. I can stop bitching about Sonic's treatment on the show now because we finally have a decent episode and a 10/10 with good looking prospects for future episodes!

wait what, they said the archie verse might scale to spawn, isn't that like a 26D verse
I'm not familiar with Spawn's cosmology myself so I can't say what its dimensionality is myself for certain, but they did mention that it "MIGHT" scale to Spawn's cosmology. It was a very throwaway line mostly based on the gag of Spawn just appearing in Archie Sonic at all, and I don't think it was really delved into or used in the analysis at all (it wasn't needed), and the QnA didn't mention Spawn scaling at all so I can't extrapolate anything they might think from it.

But due to the fact it doesn't play into the verdict at all, isn't really needed, and is kinda shaky, I think that's the one thing on Silver's side that really didn't need to be mentioned at all or could be constituted as "wank" really. But keep in mind they gave no definitive numbers or layers of dimensionality that Archie would benefit from this and it wasn't a point in the verdict or QnA at all, so I don't think they were really utilizing it, probably just mentioning offhanded that it's a POTENTIAL scaling facet that could be used

I’m glad all the hype aged well, all these pages would’ve been heartbreaking to read back on if the episode turned out to be mid.
God yeah, my long essay would have had a very sad, disappointed edge to it if we had the same analysis, verdict, and everything else, but the fight was just... unimpressive or boring. If it was another ASonic v Wally I would have been completely heartbroken. It might have ended up as my least favorite episode of the season honestly.

Here's my review DB style

/+Decent fight, better scale than last sonic fight
+Good music
+Good voice acting, TFS are legit voice actors now lol
=The result is fine, this battle has always been like a 60/40 to me
-The Trunks research was surface level, his speed scaling was awful
-I generally don't trust Ultra in general when it comes to Dragon Ball anymore, taking a peak at his QnA and level of research on the Keysword proves that

It's alright, it depends on if your an Archie bro or not. I am waiting for the debunks tho

Last edited:
Odd question, but Silver was considered considerably stronger than Sonic was in his fight against Wally correct? Just wondering, it's pretty common that the updated analysis puts the same character or those of the same verse much stronger down the line. I recall Archie Sonic having an universal feat was kind of his big deal in the post Mario vs Sonic 2 Q&A.

I'm pretty sure they technically had ASonic with ASilver's stats, but the actual ep explained like none of it.

ASilver's explanation is what I wanted for ASonic tbh.

Another thing, I'm glad they showed Trunks dominating in H2H, he's a much smarter and experienced fighter who has dealt with just about everything Silver could throw at him. Trunks being able to get up close and counter an ability as basic as reflection to do damage was a nice touch. It's wierd how they don't mention Trunks resists just about everything Silver can throw at him, including his own keysword

Last edited:
Here's my review DB style

+Decent fight, better scale than last sonic fight
+Good music
+Good voice acting, TFS are legit voice actors now lol
=The result is fine, this battle has always been like a 60/40 to me
-The Trunks research was surface level, his speed scaling was awful
-Ultra's QnA is super wack, as he doesn't bring up the resist neg and he debunks wincons for Trunks I already knew weren't his main ones.
-I generally don't trust Ultra in general when it comes to Dragon Ball anymore.

It's alright, it depends on if your an Archie bro or not. I am waiting for the debunks tho
I would spoiler tag this my man.

Also honestly I think the QnA was pretty damn solid, outside of a few quibbles. It's one of the most extensive QnA's they've ever done and covers a shitload of things for the MU, and it even acknowledges his Immeasurable Speed stuff that wasn't in the episode itself. It also goes over why they think Silver resists most of the Keysword stuff. I DO wish they had covered the duranegging stuff though, that feels like something that should have been covered in this MU. Though I guess on the basis of everything else they gave Silver even if he couldn't resist the duraneg he still had plenty of wincons.

I would spoiler tag this my man.

Also honestly I think the QnA was pretty damn solid, outside of a few quibbles. It's one of the most extensive QnA's they've ever done and covers a shitload of things for the MU, and it even acknowledges his Immeasurable Speed stuff that wasn't in the episode itself. It also goes over why they think Silver resists most of the Keysword stuff. I DO wish they had covered the duranegging stuff though, that feels like something that should have been covered in this MU. Though I guess on the basis of everything else they gave Silver even if he couldn't resist the duraneg he still had plenty of wincons.
Help how do I spoiler tag oh God oh ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back