• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predator: 8'0 (246 cm)
Thor: 6'6 (198 cm)
Jonathan Joestar: 6'5 (195 cm)
Hercules: 6'2 (188 cm)
Omni-Man: 6'2 (188 cm)
Magneto: 6'2 (188 cm)
Boba Fett: 6'0 (183 cm)
Excalibur: 6'0 (183 cm)
Homelander: 5'11 (180 cm)
Raiden: 5'10 (178 cm)
Zatanna: 5'7 (170 cm)
Scarlet Witch: 5'7 (170 cm)
Harley Quinn: 5'6 (168 cm)
Tanjiro: 5'5 (165 cm)
Vegeta: 5'5 (164 cm)
Jinx: 5'4 (163 cm)
Tetsuo: 5'4 (162 cm)
Sun Wukong: 4'0 (121 cm) size variable

Four foot gap (125 cm) between tallest and shortest combatant of this season

eh personally I think this season is the best we've had compared to season 8, all the episodes are 8 to 9 and only bobba fett vs predator is personally the weakest.
And even that episode is decent
S9_mid_season.png

tbh looking at the mid season in retrospect has made me realise how inconsistent this season has really been. We had an absolute banger premiere, a couple of episodes that held up for their own reasons, a healthy curveball, and then the rest of the season decided to just procrastinate for no reason. What's up with that?
For you and certain folks maybe but for most this season highly consistent in it's quality than other death battle seasons
The weakest episodes (Wanda vs Z and Boba vs Predator) are at least 7s
Good luck naming me a season that had a Stronger start than this one

I can't believe they ****** over Raiden like that. He should've ******* One-Shot Excalibur right out the gate with his sword but they decided to be ******* idiots and forget how the HF Blades work. Why do I even bother anymore...?
Actually no, Raiden wouldn't have been able to one shot excalibur due to shields alone and lets not forget that the moment Excal pulled out Exalted Blade the fight should've ended instantly. DB was generous for having the HF blade clash with it.

Characters and verses I like and win have been limited this half, so even though its technically solid half, I don't really love these fights. And even when Sun won, the fight there wasnt truly great.

Anyone else get this?

Characters and verses I like and win have been limited this half, so even though its technically solid half, I don't really love these fights. And even when Sun won, the fight there wasnt truly great.

Anyone else get this?
Yes not a single fight this season has reached a 9
Just mostly 7-8/10s
@fandom_0ホルスファルコン将軍0 said they been good but not great
Nothing screams utter peaks of it's season

We avoided having a bad episode so far which is nice but we haven't had an episode that goes "Peak tier" of the season

Second half we could have those but we'll see

Actually no, Raiden wouldn't have been able to one shot excalibur due to shields alone and lets not forget that the moment Excal pulled out Exalted Blade the fight should've ended instantly. DB was generous for having the HF blade clash with it.
Would the shields be able to resist the HF dura neg?
Raiden can and does stack Blade Mode on Ripper Mode+he has Murasama to blitz even that
A Zandatsu would've sealed the match at the Skyscraper scene

Spoilered to save space
1-Hercules vs Sun Wukong
2-Harley Quinn vs Jinx
3-Thor vs Vegeta
4-Omni-Man vs Homelander (this thing gets higher the longer I think about it)
5-Magneto vs Tetsuo
6-Boba Fett vs Predator (Not sure about this one)
7-Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna
8-Warframe DBX Ad
9-Tanjiro vs Jonathan Joestar (I feel like I'm being too harsh on this episode but I really can't find anything to justify putting it higher, maybe it just wasn't for me)
i would find it really odd if the Warframe "literal who" fight mogs Link vs Cloud 2 and Jinx vs Harley. Those vidya characters come from more popular well-known franchises and for them to get mogged by Warframe.....that would need an explanation.
Link VS Cloud 2 could have been a mix of people not wanting to see the same matchup again and losing FF fans interest after robbing them twice
I still don't understand what happened with Jinx VS Harley
Holy shit what a find from 4Chan lol

One of the sponsors they denied before? CAPCOM

twice

"NOOOOO DON'T KILL OUR CHARACTERS ON DEATH BATTLE!!!"
lmao

Raiden can and does stack Blade Mode on Ripper Mode+he has Murasama to blitz even that
His 11% SoL was him during the Monsoon fight with the raindrops, so it is his Blade + Ripper Mode speed I'm pretty sure. They granted him Infinite Blade Mode to keep up with Excal's speed.

As far as I know, HF blade's dura neg only works on physical objects due to the absence of energy shields in Metal Gear verse iirc and it doesn't dura neg everything as stated by the Doktor. It's still a blade not a plasma sword, and the things it cannot cut in one go requires multiple hits.

And I would agree with death battle that Warframes are far more tougher than anything Raiden has faced due to level of tech.

Exalted blade would've sealed the match at the skyscraper scene with one sword wave.

I would say though, Excal pulling out glaxion to slow down the HF blade was a little too on the nose as a counter for my liking. They should've just given Excal chromatic blade and used the ice properties since they went ahead with the blades being able to clash.

IMO this has been a strong first half-season, consistent, no 10/10 episodes, but no 3/10 episodes like Blakasa. I would rank every episode at least a 7/10 so far. 6/10 if i have to be more critcal

My predictions for the next half is, whether teased or not:
Kratos
Cinder/Azula
Gru/Megamind
Bill vs Discord
Black Adam
Simon vs Kyle
Bond vs Wick
She-Hulk

As far as I know, HF blade's dura neg only works on physical objects due to the absence of energy shields in Metal Gear verse iirc and it doesn't dura neg everything as stated by the Doktor. It's still a blade not a plasma sword, and the things it cannot cut in one go requires multiple hits.

And I would agree with death battle that Warframes are far more tougher than anything Raiden has faced due to level of tech.

Exalted blade would've sealed the match at the skyscraper scene with one sword wave.
It does so by messing with Molecular Bonds, Cyborgs and the lot are HF resistant in the first place, things he can't cut in one go are due to their nature and size, nonetheless he can still one shot them like he did to the 2 Rays a human sized opponent is definitely not one of those things.

His 11% SoL was him during the Monsoon fight with the raindrops, so it is his Blade + Ripper Mode speed I'm pretty sure. They granted him Infinite Blade Mode to keep up with Excal's speed.
Oh yeah, he has Murasama's QuickDraw that's far higher that speed still

Possibly stupid question: is this a fair fight?

If you’re talking about main canon comic Superman (Pre-Crisis / Post-Crisis / New 52 / Rebirth), not even close. The highest you can argue the PGG is Small Star level and Hundreds x FTL.

I’m curious which adaptation of Superman could have a fair fight with them though.

Excaliaden has surpassed the MachoAids test (360k in 24 hours)-on track to be a successful episode. Maybe more than we realize..
Link VS Cloud 2 could have been a mix of people not wanting to see the same matchup again and losing FF fans interest after robbing them twice
I still don't understand what happened with Jinx VS Harley
Perhaps. My main theory why Link vs Cloud 2 performed badly is because well.....we could just play Smash if we want to see them fight. I seen some comments who stated the same thing "I could just play Smash" when that fight was announced.

Jinx had Arcane hype and LoL fame, but her episode had one of the worst performances in recent history (though a decent legacy afterwards). Is it sexism? Probably.

Anyways, I'm glad vidya and pure 3D fights are performing better now than they were last season. Now all we need is a very successful female fight episode. That will be a challenge.

It does so by messing with Molecular Bonds, Cyborgs and the lot are HF resistant in the first place, things he can't cut in one go are due to their nature and size, nonetheless he can still one shot them like he did to the 2 Rays a human sized opponent is definitely not one of those things.

Oh yeah, he has Murasama's QuickDraw that's far higher that speed still
I know how HF blade works, just that it isn't gonna work on everything and Warframes are definitely more durable than a simple cyborg human maybe even magnitudes if we take a look at the bosses warframes fight on a regular. Either way Raiden would not have been able one shot because energy shields, durability, and their similar speed.

If I'm being real here, the moment the archwing came out it should've been a rap because the in particular boosts the shields to a higher degree with the Odonata having an aoe repel ability that can destroy small fighters along with access to anti-ship weapons. But I digress.

In this specific case, HF blade's dura neg isn't gonna help at all.

I know how HF blade works, just that it isn't gonna work on everything and Warframes are definitely more durable than a simple cyborg human maybe even magnitudes
It's not a matter of Durability it's Dura neg which you'd need to resist.
The Energy shield could work to avert getting touched but would he know and does he use it all the time in cqc

It wasn't even used in the db
if we take a look at the bosses warframes fight on a regular. Either way Raiden would not have been able one shot because energy shields, durability, and their similar speed.
His physical Durability would be a non factor

Strongest S9 DB Winners so far
d3f055768a7c93ce4b11b16ebb1add6e.jpg
thor-marvel-avengers-superhero-hammer-helmet-cape-comics-bou.jpg
wang-xiao-5.jpg
ee3645be09ed150864b0edbd83720e04.jpg
omni-man.jpg
b02b188bade1a035f5bc6523838d16ba.jpg
aleriia_v-lerapi-aleriia-v-jinx-arcane1-sfw.jpg
darren-tan-bobafett-mythos-print-da.jpg
4715b7b280946991696723232ace558a.jpg

1.Zatanna
*2.Thor
*3.Sun Wukong
4.Magneto
5.Omniman
6.Excalibur
7.Jinx
8.Boba
9.Jonathan Joestar
* mean either can be interchangeable and given DB didn't go with their God states for Thor n Wukong
...Why is Boba over Jonathan? One is has Large Building level durability, the other is city block level. Boba is also slower and gets out haxxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back