• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering how old Nolan is and how childish Homelander is, I bet Omni-Man is going to humiliate Homelander like the entitled sociopath he is while also making Homelander realized how insignificant his own earthly desires/ambitions are compared to Nolan's PoV.

I kinda hate how well made the intro is. Poor Debbie tho, she got double roasted extra crispy by a tool.
I can imagine him going “I can do whatever I want” and then Omniman him to a crowded area just to beat him infront of everyone to demoralize him.

From 4chan
'I think the fight will have Homelander on the backfoot the entire time as he tries different ways to stop Omniman. Specifically, he tries to fight him under the assumption Omniman is a hero. So he may try to toss planes at him, or put people in harm's way or use the public as a weapon, because the opinion people have of him is Homelander's biggest fear, and so he'd think the same for Omniman.

Only for Homelander to realize Omniman not only does not give a shit, but completely deconstructs Homelander's beliefs by showcasing that to the power of the Viltrum empire, things like 'image' and 'profits' mean nothing. They evolved far beyond that. And to him, Homelander is just as worthless as the rest of these unevolved animals. Debbi was the one light in his life that was changing his perception, and now Homelander is going to see, first hand, how misplaced his confidence is."
Something good from 4chan for once??

Speculation is over everybody, this dude just came up with every match-up DB would realistically do, ever.

Raven VS Twilight Sparkle runback is missing but that's neither here nor there.

image0.jpg

Management didn’t make them do Omnilander. And being interested doesn’t mean “preferred.” People have extrapolated Ben saying “idk maybe Bardock would be better” to mean that he wanted Bardock vs Omni-Man and is being forced to do Homelander because the audience wanted Bardock and is projecting their concerns to the DB staff.
Honestly? Im just disappointed DB overhypes eps too much. Last year eps were not all finale worthy, even with their technical quality. And I see no hope for niche series this season, its prolly just Tetsuo at this rate.

Damn Liam, you did not have to do Debbie like that.

Now Omni-Man has an excellent reason to kill Homelander now.

That aside, promising start. The production team is doing a nice job.

I mean... We can expect it to be at least Genos vs War Machine tier.

I do wish them eventually push their fight towards a hill or mountain at the edge of a town or a city... For that moment of "why do you make me do this?"...

MMRS vs KAM
For WWE... I think the problem is they screwed up the episode rather than they screwed up the franchise. But the calculation did suggest they screwed up the franchise. So much for people longing for Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker to get into Death Battle.

Last edited:
The MU just has a vibe to it that I really like. Horribly egregious stomp but the energy it carries I appreciate.

This track is awesome and I'm happy with how it came out.

Kiryu Kazuma vs Wei Shen is a pretty good MU, even though its a clear Kiryu stomp, its probably both of their 2nd best, BUT I think each one has a better matchup.

Takayuki Yagami from Judgment, which is a spinoff to Yakuza, has much better connections with Wei Shen, its a bit closer and much less of a stomp than Kiryu vs Wei, and it gives Yagami his best matchup. It'd fit pretty well as a street tier match with good martial arts, and if you wanna take it to a higher level, they both have magical abilities/crazier weaponry that can take the fight up a notch (magic that Kiryu doesn't have access to).

Kiryu's best matchup is Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!, they've got better connections & thematics than Wei vs Kiryu, it's closer stats wise, and has much more animation potential for a slightly higher scale fight as well, with Shizuo's ridiculous car & truck tossing feat

The MU just has a vibe to it that I really like. Horribly egregious stomp but the energy it carries I appreciate.

This track is awesome and I'm happy with how it came out.

Kiryu Kazuma vs Wei Shen is a pretty good MU, even though its a clear Kiryu stomp, its probably both of their 2nd best, BUT I think each one has a better matchup.

Takayuki Yagami from Judgment, which is a spinoff to Yakuza, has much better connections with Wei Shen, its a bit closer and much less of a stomp than Kiryu vs Wei, and it gives Yagami his best matchup. It'd fit pretty well as a street tier match with good martial arts, and if you wanna take it to a higher level, they both have magical abilities/crazier weaponry that can take the fight up a notch (magic that Kiryu doesn't have access to).

Kiryu's best matchup is Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!, they've got better connections & thematics than Wei vs Kiryu, it's closer stats wise, and has much more animation potential for a slightly higher scale fight as well, with Shizuo's ridiculous car & truck tossing feats.
When you put it like that, yeah Yagami does seem like a much better matchup for Wei Shen. More connections between the two and Yagami doesn't have the overwhelming raw power Kiryu has. I'm not too familiar with Durarara!, so I can't really say for sure how well Shizuo matches up against Kiryu, but I'll take your word for it. And yeah, the music slaps hard. Brandon pulled off one hell of a banger.

When you put it like that, yeah Yagami does seem like a much better matchup for Wei Shen. More connections between the two and Yagami doesn't have the overwhelming raw power Kiryu has. I'm not too familiar with Durarara!, so I can't really say for sure how well Shizuo matches up against Kiryu, but I'll take your word for it. And yeah, the music slaps hard. Brandon pulled off one hell of a banger.
Yeah, I really like the dynamic with Yagami and Wei. There's a lot more to work with in terms of fight setups with Yagami's Detective nature as well, with him potentially tailing/pulling aside Wei thinking he has info, and Wei defending himself.

They also generally have more character/personality relations:

~both are stoic martial arts experts with strong personal ideals/beliefs who get involved in sprawling crime conspiracies
~both operating under the law (undercover cop for Wei, ex-Lawyer & Detective for Yagami)
~they both went down the paths they did because of an intense personal loss (Yagami's client being killed, and Wei's sister being killed)
~but both complete their goals and overcome said loss, becoming a stronger person in the end.
~both willing to bend the law/take things into their own hands if necessary (to varying degrees however, Yagami only really going to assault/kidnapping/blackmailing at the worst, while Wei outright kills)
~both have magical capabilities (extracts for Yagami and legit magic for Wei)
~the matchup just has an awesome vibe with some incredible animation & fun banter potential

-is a much closer MU stats wise than Kiryu vs Wei, and also avoids Yagami having his one good matchup stolen
-Yagami only has two major games of content to pull from (and some minor series cross scaling), which is more fair against Wei's one game and some DLC, especially when compared to Kiryu's 7 games + spinoffs
-Kiryu can fight his better MU against Shizuo Heiwajima

Last edited:

Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba rat-2-go
Yu Narukami vs Takumi Aiba over Yu Narukami vs poor Josuke Higashikata any day of the week

Hey, any Touhou or Umineko fans here, what do you guys think of this MU?

Filing this away in the "cursed Touhou MUs that are actually pretty good" category, right next to Yukari vs Magneto and Marisa vs Saitama.
Yes. Sad it (Reimu Hakurei vs Battler Ushiromiya) competes with Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomoto in my mind now.
How many people would know that Phoenix Wright with magic is hyperverse level buffed.

Last edited:
The set up's fine, it's not outstanding or anything nor is it's bad. There really hasn't been a recent match I really care about, like they're fine matches I just don't really care.
That’s fine and your opinion and all but the setup’s probably the best one they’ve ever had period. As it’s so in-character for Homelander and gives Nolan full reason to go all Viltrum on him. Like it makes Diocard look like Mob vs Tatsumaki.

Honestly the only buff to Luz I could see is some "stopping the main baddy who was about to erase the universe" shit which I personally doubt.
well she's getting her palisman next episode. i don't expect a super form, but she will probably be gifted unique powers that makers her stand out from everybody else in the verse. like a "Titan mode" or something. We shall see.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, preview looks great and judging by preview views, Omniman got a lot early. They probably did choose correct MU and to make it hand-drawn too.
Well so far they have done well. God knows they could have done better.
Last time we have Genos vs War Machine in hand drawn, the reactions are generally good but the degree of "greatness" is still mixed. Do not assume the same cannot be done on say Homelander vs Tighten/Brightburn or Omni-Man vs Bardock.

Still yeah the reactions on Omni-Man vs Homelander from the general public have been so far so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back