• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Captain James Tiberius "Jim" Kirk or Han Solo vs Jack Sparrow count?

Periodic review on Dragon Ball characters remaining (without using recurring characters) yet to come to Death Battle

• (spoiled) Trunks (vs Silver the Hedgehog, Luminary or Crono)
  • Frieza (likely vs Megatron or Mewtwo)
  • Cell (likely vs Meruem, Dark Samus)
  • Piccolo (likely vs Martian Manhunter or Magus, some says Game Knuckles but well)
  • Gohan (vs Superboy or Mark Grayson (Invincible/Image Comics))
  • Nappa (likely vs Jagi (FOTNS) or Conquest (Invincible/Image Comics))
  • Android 17 (likely vs DC Cyborg or any other melee cyborgs who cannot hack)
  • Krillin (some says vs post-Garou fight Saitama just to give Saitama a win)
  • Tien (some says vs Hosuke Sharaku (Mitsume ga Tōru) and good luck with having Mitsume ga Tōru)
  • DB Heroes Goku / Xeno Goku
  • GT Goku (likely against Super Goku)
  • Yamcha (some says vs Sayaka Miki)
  • Pilaf Gang (likely vs Team Rocket)
  • Baby (Dragon Ball GT) (not sure he can fight Gorilla Grodd. If yes, it will be really really appreciated...)
  • Syn Shenron (?)
  • Hit (God forbid the Dream dimension scaling or Amitabha scaling or both or more as he is sacrificed to Sakuya Izayoi)
  • Gogeta/Vegito (Gogeta vs Vegito or either fights Omni-mon)
Wat Drugs are you on suggesting this shit

Wat Drugs are you on suggesting this shit
Meruem after Cell exists within 500ft of him:
EmmEW56XYAEKqVZ.jpg

Meruem after Cell exists within 500ft of him:
EmmEW56XYAEKqVZ.jpg
Like people have not faced stomp matchups anf spite matchups before.

I have a brief scan over Google and have what I have seen in mind at DBW and there are the findings. Feel free to add in yours.

I also like Yamcha vs Junpei, but I dont see any P3 characters outside of Makoto or Aigis getting anything above mountain on DB so Junpei would be better facing him on DBX or OMM or something. Sayaka seems fine for Yamcha I guess since she doesn't seem to be a god tier character

I also like Yamcha vs Junpei, but I dont see any P3 characters outside of Makoto or Aigis getting anything above mountain on DB so Junpei would be better facing him on DBX or OMM or something. Sayaka seems fine for Yamcha I guess since she doesn't seem to be a god tier character
Honestly, I kinda want Yamcha vs Sayaka just because the idea of Yamcha throwing hands with a teenage magical girl is just incredibly hilarious to me.

i always thought gohan would be a boring DB candidate.....but after seeing Super Hero, I would be OK with him, tho still not a big fan of any of his requested MUs (Superboy/Mark)

i always thought gohan would be a boring DB candidate.....but after seeing Super Hero, I would be OK with him, tho still not a big fan of any of his requested MUs (Superboy/Mark)
If I'm being honest, I wouldn't really care for Gohan in Death Battle. Gohan vs Superboy brings nothing to the table that Goku vs Superman 3 couldn't, as cursed as that would be. I've already explained why literally everything sucks ass about Gohan vs Mark, and I saw his MU with the KOF guy, but it doesn't really interest me. Plus, it still has the same problems as Gohan vs Mark, animation wise. Gohan vs Ultraman Zero sounds interesting, but I've heard that has its own issues.

Not to mention, I don't feel that Gohan himself has enough banter potential to justify him over someone like Cell or Frieza. Gohan's best dialogue comes out when he's fighting villains, which is not any of his suggested opponents.

I feel I should clarify that Gohan himself would look cool in a Death Battle, but there's really nothing justifying why it has to be him specifically when other Dragon Ball characters can have that same flair while also being unique. This is a bit of an issue with Dragon Ball characters in Death Battle as a whole, most of them have the same toolkit of flying, punching, and laser blasts. Generally though, they have other traits that help them stand out, but I can't think of any for Gohan that wouldn't be OOC.

But if they do end up doing Gohan vs Superboy or whatever they go with, I'm not gonna complain, the fight's probably gonna be cool regardless.

If I'm being honest, I wouldn't really care for Gohan in Death Battle. Gohan vs Superboy brings nothing to the table that Goku vs Superman 3 couldn't, as cursed as that would be. I've already explained why literally everything sucks ass about Gohan vs Mark, and I saw his MU with the KOF guy, but it doesn't really interest me. Plus, it still has the same problems as Gohan vs Mark, animation wise. Gohan vs Ultraman Zero sounds interesting, but I've heard that has its own issues.

Not to mention, I don't feel that Gohan himself has enough banter potential to justify him over someone like Cell or Frieza. Gohan's best dialogue comes out when he's fighting villains, which is not any of his suggested opponents.

I feel I should clarify that Gohan himself would look cool in a Death Battle, but there's really nothing justifying why it has to be him specifically when other Dragon Ball characters can have that same flair while also being unique. This is a bit of an issue with Dragon Ball characters in Death Battle as a whole, most of them have the same toolkit of flying, punching, and laser blasts. Generally though, they have other traits that help them stand out, but I can't think of any for Gohan that wouldn't be OOC.

But if they do end up doing Gohan vs Superboy or whatever they go with, I'm not gonna complain, the fight's probably gonna be cool regardless.
i really hope by the grace of God Ultraman Zero gets pushed cause no way the crew see anything intresting about Gohan vs Superboy to justify doing as a DB

Yeah agreed and I share the same concerns. It would be pretty contrived/OOC for Gohan to go full on blanco mode on a guy like Superboy or Mark. He needs to fight a villain-evil character, but since DB and their audience are obessed with connections, I don't think there's any character that fits here.

It would be still cool to see Gohan blanco mode regardless, but it would still feel out of place.

I think we all agree if Gohan does show up, he should start the fight in the Sayaman costume
yes
Yeah agreed and I share the same concerns. It would be pretty contrived/OOC for Gohan to go full on blanco mode on a guy like Superboy or Mark. He needs to fight a villain-evil character, but since DB and their audience are obessed with connections, I don't think there's any character that fits here.

It would be still cool to see Gohan blanco mode regardless, but it would still feel out of place.
All i know it i need Blanco Mode to have moment like UE Vegeta did in his fight no selling his opponents attacks and rocking there shit

Some good news though, according to Ultraguy's Shadow VS Ryuko blog there was a feat listed that has the Super forms at potentially trillions c so that's def an upgrade. Though he's only one of the team members so it's not definite
Seeing how certain DB researchers have potentially trillions c super forms while we apparently now have base form Sonic characters at quadrillions c is pretty funny to me. Always love seeing just how vastly different stats for characters can be between different people.

I probably say it's borderline close, but me personally, I have strange winning.
I remember when the episode first came out I was leaning hard towards thinking Strange won. I haven't kept up with that MU since tho so I wasn't sure anymore. Strange does have an obscene arsenal of resistances and abilities and some of his summons are frankly absurd so I could see him pulling it.

I remember when the episode first came out I was leaning hard towards thinking Strange won. I haven't kept up with that MU since tho so I wasn't sure anymore. Strange does have an obscene arsenal of resistances and abilities and some of his summons are frankly absurd so I could see him pulling it.
That episode is honestly one of the most disappointing in terms of animation potential. Two sorcerors who can cast an entire library’s worth of spells, and they just punch each other. At least they realized their mistake in WandaZee, but still.

That episode is honestly one of the most disappointing in terms of animation potential. Two sorcerors who can cast an entire library’s worth of spells, and they just punch each other. At least they realized their mistake in WandaZee, but still.
ehhhh i really wouldn't flex using that one
its better but not that much
He’s usually one of the few things people praise about GT. In terms of personality though, he’s just bog standard evil incarnate type villain.
yeah no ya confusing him with Baby
the concept of the Shadow Dragons gets praised but Omega himself wasn't it
Out of curiosity: do not many people like Omega Shenron or not care for him on DB?
Super Pretty much made GT obsolete
outside Baby Vegeta GT reps are unlikely to appear
the best they got Was Goku in S1 but thats mainly because there wasn't much else to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back