• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't give them right now or really break down anything you said, cause its like, 2am and my birthday, so I'll be busy for a few days. I'd have to dig through some stuff because Mario's such a big franchise there's several examples to pull from. It's part of why compositing it and all its sub-franchises usually results in these issues.

I'm not someone to push the verse to like Tier 9 or anything, that's silly, but I just think a lot of its stuff ranging into stellar and onwards is usually questionable one way or the other.
Eyyo, happy birthday

But yeah happy birthday
Thanks!

I'll try and get back to you.... sometime, no guarantees of when. As someone who loved Mario growing up and still enjoys a lot of the series something about how the series is scaled always bothered me in a lot of ways, but discussing it usually irked me after long enough. I'll try and lay things out later if I can.

Bowser is literally the verse punching bag. Due to Mario's varying capabilities because of Miyamoto's vision, so too does Bowser have to vary in power level. Also, the fact Mario is the one most consistently beating on Bowser makes it consistent.

You can make excuses for other verses but we can do the same for Mario. You need stakes in a story, most of the anti-feats just show that the AP of something else scales, etc.

Bowser has consistently survived lava baths yet dies to it in one game. Bowser takes beatings from amped people and base characters all the time who all are generally comparable to each other. Any "boss" character also scales logically. Bowser throughout BiS has near death experiences for the plot and boss mechanic and all of the latter cases involve characters or things who should logically be stronger than the first thing that does it to him, making these anti-feats inconsistent in the game they're in themselves. Characters avoid getting crushed all the time despite being capable of feat greater than building level and even LS feats consistently better so I hate the ******* crushing argument the original arguments used. What are these cases you're talking about that can't be explained away by any of the things I said?
I feel that we VS Battles Wiki has agreed with separating Mario series profiles recently.

I'm well aware. I was in that thread. I'm not trying to change it or anything. But when talking Death Battle especially they are NOT gonna be using a "specific incarnation" of Mario characters.

And via ultra guy's recent blog about it they probably will have Mario at Galaxy-Uni+ with fully composited P&As and trillions c and maybe low quads so in the context of Death Battle they're probably gonna be having a good streak if they get used more.

For this site though, like Dust mentioned, all battles with them will now be iffy since we can't exactly refer to just one profile and would "disagree" with compositing Mario.

Last edited:
Kirbonic_Pikmin happy birthday

You think they'd ever bring back Billy?
Shazam? As against Pegasus Seiya? Maybe. But Seiya also has Usagi Tsukino.

I quite liked Shazam vs Captain Marvel. The fight wasn't too spectacular, but I feel they captured their comic personalities pretty good.

Android 18 vs Captain Marvel was forgettable af though
Not the best sprite fight sure, but it kind of explains one of the biggest comic book history warfare.

Though I think we can single out certain feats they gave characters. Like, Bowser VS Ganon specifically mentioned the galaxy feats. Though I guess we'd call it wrong with the new profiles unless Galaxy is part of one of the profiles that gives Bowser the necessary abilities to counter Ganon's Regen.

Zelda VS Peach is probably still accurate though since Mario Party was mentioned in the feats I think and mostly used spinoffs

Something to potentially consider when predicting episodes for Season 10.

Every season since season 7 has had a fight between characters who are most known for their time traveling. CableGold, ReverseBlack, and likely TrunkSilver. Any other popular MUs between time travellers?

Bowser vs Eggman kinda had resurgence lately, it wasnt this popular in S6-S7.

Also frankly, one issue with Silver's current canon time traveling is that... we don't know how he does it lol

I dont think he is going to "time huh".
There’s objects called the Time Stones that exist in both the game and Archie comics. In the comics, Silver uses one to travel through time.

Death Battle’s philosophy is that alternate canon can be used if it generally lines up with the main canon, so Death Battle might give Silver a Time Stone.

There’s objects called the Time Stones that exist in both the game and Archie comics. In the comics, Silver uses one to travel through time.

Death Battle’s philosophy is that alternate canon can be used if it generally lines up with the main canon, so Death Battle might give Silver a Time Stone.
I mean yes, in Archie he did use those. Game isnt Archie tho but uhh, dunno if they would use that as an reasoning? Technically in games Chaos Emeralds do allow time travel, but since events of 06 were erased, arguably Silver wouldn't have knowledge on that.

I do think they mentioned time travel in Shadow's ep, so they might just opt to Chaos Emeralds to do that, if they have Silver time travel.

I mean yes, in Archie he did use those. Game isnt Archie tho but uhh, dunno if they would use that as an reasoning? Technically in games Chaos Emeralds do allow time travel, but since events of 06 were erased, arguably Silver wouldn't have knowledge on that.

I do think they mentioned time travel in Shadow's ep, so they might just opt to Chaos Emeralds to do that, if they have Silver time travel.
Silver still has access to chaos control (confirmed in official material) and despite the newer games being intentionally vague on how he time travels it's still apart of his arsenal.

Ofc none of that matters since he's main (and likely only) win-con is yeeting Trunks into space, yup Silver is a dead hedgehog walking if that MU happens lol!

could go on honestly. Megazord vs Voltron, Shredder vs Silver Samurai, Sephiroth vs Vergil, etc. These episodes are genuinely great, but it just took me by surprise when I was reminded they exist.
Funny how you brought up the only worthwhile episodes outta S4 In a nutshell

You think Narancia would be a good fit for Desth Battle? I already have an idea for who he could fight
The guy don't have the popularity to get in

You think they'd ever bring back Billy?
Yes Carol was sure as shit not his best and the episode wasn't anything to write home about

Also the usage of Time Travel for Silver vs Trunks is tricky given Trunks needs to use a time machine while Silver can easily use his more often

It really boils down to the crew being creative if it happened

"Bring me Megatron"
FaebYXQXkAEumQ2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back