• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you non-champions even knew they are revisiting every single episode? I am curious what their stance is on Peach vs Zelda, Pikachu vs Blanca, and yes eventually Gaara vs Toph and Yang vs Tifa.
They've basically admitted Gaara and Tifa should've won their DBs in past casts, they said the jurisdictions for Pikachu losing made little sense (E.g; Iron Tail being ineffective against Blanka because he would be treated as an electric type Pokémon) plus they should've made it clear "what/who's" Pikachu was being used (Wild?, Ash's?, Red's?, etc).

I believe they still treat Zelda Vs Peach as a close and debatable MU (with Peach winning in most scenarios) however I think DB do regret not doing a better job of representing both characters (early season syndrome).

too bad their Death Battle Revisited series is Champion-exclusive, it's interesting to know their thoughts looking back on the very old episodes. They released Akuma vs Shang Tsung today and apparently to Ben, they had Akuma vs Shao Khan planned ever since the beginning. They wanted to do Shang Tsung first, save Shao Kahn for M Bison, then do Akuma vs Shao Kahn later.

according to Ben, the fact that Goku vs Superman was banned in the OBD was what made him realize there was an audience for VS.

How many of you non-champions even knew they are revisiting every single episode? I am curious what their stance is on Peach vs Zelda, Pikachu vs Blanca, and yes eventually Gaara vs Toph and Yang vs Tifa.
this is interesting to hear
i never knew about this

They've basically admitted Gaara and Tifa should've won their DBs in past casts, they said the jurisdictions for Pikachu losing made little sense (E.g; Iron Tail being ineffective against Blanka because he would be treated as an electric type Pokémon) plus they should've made it clear "what/who's" Pikachu was being used (Wild?, Ash's?, Red's?, etc).

I believe they still treat Zelda Vs Peach as a close and debatable MU (with Peach winning in most scenarios) however I think DB do regret not doing a better job of representing both characters (early season syndrome).
i wonder what episodes do the crew feel regret at not doing a better job at
like obviously there not going to shit on their own product but have that damn i felt we could've done this past episode better

031l5yvzari91.jpg

too bad their Death Battle Revisited series is Champion-exclusive, it's interesting to know their thoughts looking back on the very old episodes. They released Akuma vs Shang Tsung today and apparently to Ben, they had Akuma vs Shao Khan planned ever since the beginning. They wanted to do Shang Tsung first, save Shao Kahn for M Bison, then do Akuma vs Shao Kahn later.

according to Ben, the fact that Goku vs Superman was banned in the OBD was what made him realize there was an audience for VS.

One more reason for being Champion now folks.

Poor me having to count every bean for my personal life planning. Nor do I have the time to personally watch them all.

Nevertheless, a nice way to support the crew.

Reexamination time eh? (Wait we have had Mario vs Sonic (2018) and Link vs Cloud (2021). Reexamination episodes are no news.)

Should we pick a time to showcase yet again what stupidly crazy things that alien who could fight Cell and Mewtwo is capable of?

i wonder what episodes do the crew feel regret at not doing a better job at
like obviously there not going to shit on their own product but have that damn i felt we could've done this past episode better
I'm interested to see their thoughts on Shadow vs Vegeta especially. I wonder if they're gonna look at it as an AT THE TIME thing or by current standards. Or if they'll acknowledge that they Archie Cross-scaled. DBS didn't exist at the time either so they basically but DBZ Vegeta against a Game and Archie fusion. This is a really neat thing though, could be nice to clear up their thoughts on older MUs that would likely never get a rematch or wouldn't be brought up otherwise and clarify things.

Which episodes have they revisited so far?

I know about them admitting Tifa should've won, but Gaara? Never knew about that. I'm glad they touched on these old episodes before on casts, but this revivisted series is something I've wanted for a while, especially for the old ass episodes with questionable verdicts, with each episode getting a "new look"
I'm curious RE: Bomberman vs Dig Dug as well lol

I think this "revisited" series is the closest we're going to get from them that some episodes are wrong and what they should've done better. Even if they still stand with the verdict, I think they would like to expand/justify their verdict and this series is the closest thing we're going to get other than some comments on a random cast, that so many few see....

and even less will see these revivisted series because it's behind a paywall lol

Next up is Wondy vs Rouge and Ben already said in the AkumaTsung commentary that Wondy stomps so hard and regrets doing it...

I'm interested to see what they think of Kirby VS Buu now. It was always controversial but I don't think the team buys the ratings used here for high-end Kirby. And Buu is now much much faster nowadays and given how DB ranks DB characters I wouldn't be surprised if they had him beat even this site's standards for Kirby.
Haven't they stated buying Multi Kirby in previous episodes? I'm pretty sure it was literally in the black bar in Wario vs Dedede.

I don't think Buu has really gotten many upgrades since that episode (at least when I've asked my Dragon Ball friends they said he hasn't gotten much major) so it realistically wouldn't change anything, meanwhile Kirby has only gotten significantly more buffs.

No, they don't buy Multi Kirby lol

That tabber was basically saying "if we used the high stuff for Mario we could do that for Kirby" not necessarily saying they agree with those stats.

I was literally on the Discord as well and pretty much everyone said Buu wins now

The server and people on the team scale Buu to the Uni+ stats and the quintillion c speed (probably higher with the multipliers) due to his limited relevance he had in Super. They believe what he did is just enough to downscale.
Well, if the team scales him to that, unless they buy multi Kirby, I guess you could say Buu takes it now. I'm pretty sure trillions c is the best Kirby has atm so that would outspeed. I assumed his limited relevance didn't really give him anything worthwhile, based on what I was told.

If I remember correctly, in some Q and A or on the server, they said they don't actually believe anyone scales to Multi and question if Multi is legitimate, but they decided to put it in as a theoretical high for Dedede compared to the theoretical high of Uni+ Wario

If I remember correctly, in some Q and A or on the server, they said they don't actually believe anyone scales to Multi and question if Multi is legitimate, but they decided to put it in as a theoretical high for Dedede compared to the theoretical high of Uni+ Wario
Ah, alright, I guess.

We'll probably just have to wait until either the next Kirby episode or whenever they look back on Kirby vs Buu to know what they think of Kirby stats now.

Speaking of speed though, it's kinda weird that Kirby is the slowest of the three rivals now according to this site's stats. The three rivals being Sonic, Mario, and Kirby since they're often put against one another and the fanbases kinda have a rivalry, when before he was known as the fastest of the three.

And in contrast, Sonic despite being the fastest here (even though Mario has a similar feat to the highest MFTL+ speed feat for Sonic and his has more of a reason to be considered a faster timeframe so he should probably be faster), he would be the slowest for DB I'm pretty sure. Mario and Kirby would be pretty even, but I guess they have Kirby a bit higher so Kirby would be the fastest in DB, though I remember bringing up the quad c and higher Mario feats and they seemed to be considered so that could change.

Last edited:
Speaking of speed though, it's kinda weird that Kirby is the slowest of the three rivals now according to this site's stats. The three rivals being Sonic, Mario, and Kirby since they're often put against one another and the fanbases kinda have a rivalry, when before he was known as the fastest of the three.

And in contrast, Sonic despite being the fastest here (even though Mario has a similar feat to the highest MFTL+ speed feat for Sonic and his has more of a reason to be considered a faster timeframe so he should probably be faster), he would be the slowest for DB I'm pretty sure. Mario and Kirby would be pretty even, but I guess they have Kirby a bit higher so Kirby would be the fastest in DB, though I remember bringing up the quad c and higher Mario feats and they seemed to be considered so that could change.
What was quadrillions c for Mario again? That launch star stuff?

EDIT: Oh nevermind it was the Starship Mario shit

Last edited:
Sonic and Kirby will probably be close to even I imagine, unless they go for quadrillions c super forms. Both are likely to be in the trillions c camp imo, since they've brought mention to the feats for Meta Knight that are calced to trillions c iirc.

Mario, honestly I don't see them putting anywhere beyond trillions. I'd be surprised if they went for anything higher and honestly wouldn't be a fan but whatever

There's also stuff like the Star Spirits and Bowser traversing the Dream Depot which people like to believe is some haven for countless universe-sized dreams, which would be an insane speed feat and likely outlier but DB has used single feats of a high caliber before so who knows.

There's also probably some items that gives quantifiable multipliers, but I'd have to check the big ass list of equipment.

And since they're gonna still use Paper Mario feats, the cast could potentially get to infinite or whatever via scaling to the Void in that game.

Last edited:
As for Sonic, the team is very split on Sonic being billions C or thousands c from what I remember in the discord, and it's likely they'll be thousands c since one of the members of the team was at the forefront for arguing against the Nonaggression Zone. So yeah, Sonic is definitely gonna be the slowest on DB.

Babylon and DodonPa also probably have their own issues to them.

As for Sonic, the team is very split on Sonic being billions C or thousands c from what I remember in the discord, and it's likely they'll be thousands c since one of the members of the team was at the forefront for arguing against the Nonaggression Zone. So yeah, Sonic is definitely gonna be the slowest on DB.

eugh

May I ask:

• How does Silver time travel?
  • How does Trunks time travel?
  • Should either side time travel back, can the other intercept?
  • What would happen if both went back to the opponents' past and kill the opponents as babies?

Piccolo vs Magus

Now... I remember correctly there is one case where Stitch pulls a Segata Sanshiro missile redirecting feat.

I almost wouldnt care if Super Forms were like Planet-Star level if they were serious about every single anti-feat but like...

They used lightspeed Predator.

There is no good excuse at this point to deny Uni Super Forms.
FTL maybe not, but they actually buy relativistic composite Predator sure.

Last time they have 80% c base Game Sonic. And simply says Super Shadow is FTL but never seal an upper limit because Ryuko is just some high MHS+ to low sub-relativistic at best.

Goodness shall see what they are at nowadays.

Thousands c only? Like these warriors are not blitzing the likes of Cloud Strife and bloody mary Polnareff (with Liam's Wank).

How much you would want a Lousy vs Liam Death Battle? Is Lousy still there? We have had Satoru Gojo vs Makima as DJTiki vs Liam Swan battle. Do we resort to Nami vs Weather Report as a mock Lousy vs Liam battle (because Lousy touched One Piece and Liam touched JJBA)?

Lousy is still there since he helped on a few ultraguy blogs I believe

As for those questions, if they stick to only Game Canon, Silver time travels via an unknown way but likely not from a Chaos Emerald since in the games there's only 7, though honestly via time paradox shit I don't see why they can't have multiple Emeralds but yeah. A rather questionable source, but I believe one of his trophies in Smash 4 says he manipulates space-time to travel to the past, like it's just some latent ability he has.

Trunks can only time travel via a machine his mother made. He can store it away as a capsule and make it grow to full size, but then he has to enter it and then set the date and stuff. It's time-consuming and not as reliable, and Trunks would have no way of knowing where Silver is going or if he even traveled through time himself so his time travel option is basically a non-factor. And should Trunks try to bust it out first for whatever reason it can be easily intercepted by Silver in various ways.

Apparently people on the wiki are under the impression Trunks will still exist if Silver time travels, as in the Trunks he's currently fighting. But I'm not so sure? Silver's whole shtick is that his future, which is just where Sonic's world progresses after hundred or so years, gets fixed with his adventures to the past, and direct changes are possible. No alternate timelines get created to our knowledge and Silver himself is unaffected by time travel paradox stuff. Why do we assume that his time travel wouldn't be able to work? His is more of a reversal of time than timeline hopping. So I don't see why the DB wiki believes his time travel wouldn't affect Trunks or be a viable wincon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back