• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough, you like what you like but I still stand by what I said
lmao.png

What are the Riku VS Meta Knight connections?
My respect, man. I never liked how normalized it is for the DB community to add in irrelevant things in their list of connections for MUs and how this never gets called out. Idk how many more people found this to be an annoying, if minor issue, I always assumed they all never noticed it or didn't care.

Edit: In this case, I think some of those connections could count as minor connections, but I like the idea of at least pointing out that they don't all matter as much.

Last edited:
Nope. The arcade storyline starts with Bridget correcting someone that they're a boy, and after talking a lot about not running away from yourself and the like, someone again calls Bridget a girl at the end but then corrects themselves,

And Bridget says "No, that's fine. Because I... I'm a girl!.."

This is in the most recent appearance in strive, mind you.
From what I've seen there's still some actually debate on it being definitive, like even the line you posted has some debate on the tone of said line being more affirmative in the English version and more playful in Japanese.
I feel the biggest issue in this topic is a cultural barrier, like the way lgbt stuff exists in Japan and in the west although often conflated are, from what I understand, this stuff is much more distinct then how it's usually treated by most westerners.

Hey, so most of you guys said YHVH might be a possible SMT rep, what character would he fight?
For a YHVH fight, TOAA and The Presence are the top picks. Followed by Zen'O, Arceus and Yggdrasil (Digimon).

For an Arceus fight however... it's most likely fighting against Amaterasu (Okami) or YHVH (SMT). Yggdrasil (Digimon) is a less popular pick in comparison.

Maybe, but I don’t think YHVH is likely to begin with, he’s just a floating head with no limbs
Well his fallen from grace form has some Hydra body so animation is there.

I mean, Zero kinda started as an enemy to X? At least he was meant to be, Wily programmed him to be a killing machine. Sure, he wasn't X's enemy when they first met but in the end he was pretty much designed to be X's enemy by Wily.
X wasn't around when Wily built Zero, you're thinking of Classic Mega Man
My respect, man. I never liked how normalized it is for the DB community to add in irrelevant things in their list of connections for MUs and how this never gets called out. Idk how many more people found this to be an annoying, if minor issue, I always assumed they all never noticed it or didn't care.

Edit: In this case, I think some of those connections could count as minor connections, but I like the idea of at least pointing out that they don't all matter as much.
Thx bro

From what I've seen there's still some actually debate on it being definitive, like even the line you posted has some debate on the tone of said line being more affirmative in the English version and more playful in Japanese.
I feel the biggest issue in this topic is a cultural barrier, like the way lgbt stuff exists in Japan and in the west although often conflated are, from what I understand, this stuff is much more distinct then how it's usually treated by most westerners.
Well, to give credit to Daisuke, even the character theme for Bridget has a lot of allusion towards wanting acceptance, fearing change, and oneself not "feeling like oneself," and how they can only blame themselves for that. So it was handled in a fairly up-front way, and respectfully, too.

Edit: I'll probably drop the topic here though. I don't want to accidentally cause conflict again.

Minor similar story beats that happen to both characters shouldnt be used as definite thematic connections. That is definitely been overused for year or two.

Last edited:

So the femboy is here, any MU for Bridget besides another femboy?

Yet another yo-yo user beside Killua Zoldyck and MegaMan.EXE.

Bridget vs Astolfo or (not quite a fanboy but a medieval noble style boy) Venti is almost locked in.
I am so happy my main is back.

Watch the arcade mode have dialogue that scales Bridget to the top tiers somehow, thus winning him every matchup he has
Apparently Bridget is a girl now.

I have no strong feelings about that one way or the other because I’d hit that regardless but I’m not too keen on this sparking discourse whenever the character is brought up in conversation.

Announced: Revealed during an SNK developer panel at EVO 2022, the team of KOF 15 Chief Produer Yasuyuki Oda, Assistant Producer Joshua Weatherford, and Game Director Kaito Soranaka confirmed that cross-platform play for The King of Fighters 15 is currently in the works. The game is currently available on PC (via Steam), PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. There is no timetable for crossplay, but SNK's team pledges more information as it becomes available.

With news of Tekken and King of Fighters just came in, I can smell possibilities of a Tekken character and a King of Fighters character coming, fulfilling the Death Battle blessing.

latest

(copy url to get actual image if it does not pop up naturally)

Would DBD scaling help Wesker in anyway?
No, killers best feats are basically whatever they can break in game (doors, pallets) which most can do only in 2 hits or one and whatever bio lore they get, hax wise most are not significant and those that are, from what i see, are resisted by Kazuya if he fights him, not in vs wiki profile as of now though, but pointing out still

Hey, how good of a match-up is Luke Skywalker vs Jaime Lannister

FZptTWIWIAAK3ee
A good reminder that a good matchup for a character versus debate needs to have the fight actually debatable to an extent to make it work no matter how hard that is.
(And I mean, even Homelander arguably has incapacitation and even killing methods against Omni-Man.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back