• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why of course.
maxresdefault.jpg
Lmao

Two face jigsaw

What I wanna know is how they’ll justify Ivy winning
Well... Just let Senju/Kurama take their following wins against DC if they can. After all if both can one shot each other... You may still argue Isley may win against Kurama for Kurama being slower (if you buy relativistic DC street characters in the first place), but Senju is the faster one even if giving rel speed to DC so yeah Isley has no chance winning against the 1st Hokage. Which will add one more victory against DC by a non-Marvel.

I wonder if they intentionally make commissioned mesh-up music like that, like the more "battle-themed" battle music will be made when the real battle is scheduled to be produced and aired.
Imagine if instead of doing Bill’s best and most requested MU DB uses Shuma to exploit the Doctor Strange 2 hype train for views
bad news starro guy will face two other guys who are not.. so yeah poor shuma will be left alone without mu unless you want to "kill bill" twice lol
Shuuma vs. bill is not really bad, he just doesn't feel good about the existence of discord.
but cthulu vs shuuma is my real favorite for the latter, I feel his lovecraftian side would work perfectly.
Sometimes matchup choice is kind of tricky. One can inspire or ruin the other character when it comes to character alternatives.

You know Shuma-Gorath vs Bill Cipher is cool, but then we have Discord vs Bill Cipher and then we do not have good alternatives for that dragon pony.
Then Starro has Gargantos (that Marvel octopus thing at DSITMOM) and other characters aside from Shuma. Then where even are the footages for Gargantos.

indeed however i feel boils down to several factors

• how many episodes we're getting this season
  • what MU do they considered as niche?
  • How can they get throguh the Algorithms
  • how many will support those "niche" episodes
ACGN normies, debaters and the more casual audience are shaking their heads when the crew said they have not heard about the Saint Seiya verse until the idea "Beerus vs Hades" comes into mind.
Then I kind of feel pity when I read the discrepancies among the ACGN fans. I mean, I have personal favorites and some are from verses not niche at all.

The main problem with too many niche MUs (I mean real niche verses and fan fiction and not verses who are actually popular worldwide but not in the radar of the research crew) is that people would just act like Shadow and say "hmm, who cares" and try to walk/drive away.

Last edited:
Well... Just let Senju/Kurama take their following wins against DC if they can. After all if both can one shot each other... You may still argue Isley may win against Kurama for Kurama being slower (if you buy relativistic DC street characters in the first place), but Senju is the faster one even if giving rel speed to DC so yeah Isley has no chance winning against the 1st Hokage. Which will add one more victory against DC by a non-Marvel.

I wonder if they intentionally make commissioned mesh-up music like that, like the more "battle-themed" battle music will be made when the real battle is scheduled to be produced and aired.

Sometimes matchup choice is kind of tricky. One can inspire or ruin the other character when it comes to character alternatives.

You know Shuma-Gorath vs Bill Cipher is cool, but then we have Discord vs Bill Cipher and then we do not have good alternatives for that dragon pony.
Then Starro has Gargantos (that Marvel octopus thing at DSITMOM) and other characters aside from Shuma. Then where even are the footages for Gargantos.
I wasn't talking about gargantos dude, in fact, his two most popular alternatives are this

Alright, Smash Bracket released Ken vs Terry.

You need to watch this episode right ******* now.

I don't care if you hate this show. I don't care if you hate the other episodes of this show. I don't care if you're morally against this show. I probably have a lot of the same issues with it that you do. This episode is still worth watching all the way through despite that.

I don't care if you hate this show. I don't care if you hate the other episodes of this show. I don't care if you're morally against this show. I probably have a lot of the same issues with it that you do. This episode is still worth watching all the way through despite that.

I’m not even done with the episode yet but wtf. “Stats must be directly shown to be comparable. Simply beating and opponent in a fight is not enough to scale.” Lol what? How is beating a guy not enough to scale to them?

I’m not even done with the episode yet but wtf. “Stats must be directly shown to be comparable. Simply beating and opponent in a fight is not enough to scale.” Lol what? How is beating a guy not enough to scale to them?
It's a bit more complex than that. There's actually some genuine scaling in this very episode (Albeit barely)

So a character could beat someone with Moon level durability to death with their bare hands but cap at Wall level under Smash Bracket rules

Okay, now they're just ripping off Death Battle...

Also, how was Kirby abused this time?

Fights was was nice I give it
I feel the mixture of 2D/3D style switch wasn't all that great given the 3D part feels too amateurish

So a character could beat someone with Moon level durability to death with their bare hands but cap at Wall level under Smash Bracket rules
Not actually. You simply need to do noticeably more damage to them than that attack. I don't like it but it's better than nothing.
Okay, now they're just ripping off Death Battle...

Also, how was Kirby abused this time?
Yes, because Death Battle invented Ken vs Terry as a matchup, and nobody but them is allowed to do it.

At least the 3D part didn't overstay it's welcome. And personally, I'm impressed the hand drawn stuff wasn't shit.

Just by playing with direct feats onlydoes not mean research is bad but just really their own game
(that if very well executed)
Animation and story is nice. Totally fun to watch as a more search fight.
The punch to I-No is gold.

Is it just me GG and BB mid-hi rosters are 5-A now. And the god tiers remain at Low 1-C.

Not actually. You simply need to do noticeably more damage to them than that attack. I don't like it but it's better than nothing.
Well does it have to go with the surface area or volume rules? Like in real science how spider webs and silk are said to be super strong but still able to be torn apart by bare hands of normal humans?

Sorry I couldn't resist. No hard feelings Jason :)
I remember when some pals promote their favorite matchups. With different levels of success and failure. Even personal esteem or harm. (Look at the blazer ball dude on Jill Valentine vs Aya Brea and the Yoshi THE DBW admin on Noel Vermilion vs Aigis) I am neither.

Episode was alright. I don’t really have any investment in these characters anyway. Not sold on their explanation of Terry beating gods means he wins, just seems a little too vague without telling me what those gods are capable of. Especially since they didn’t bring up Ken fighting people who can launch you to other planets like in the analysis.

Episode was alright. I don’t really have any investment in these characters anyway. Not sold on their explanation of Terry beating gods means he wins, just seems a little too vague without telling me what those gods are capable of. Especially since they didn’t bring up Ken fighting people who can launch you to other planets like in the analysis.
Apparently, that was Ken's main durability calc.

As for the gods, that was maybe for casuals? idk.

Smashor please stop trying to make me like SB.🗿

Smashor please stop trying to make me like SB.🗿
I'm not asking you to like it. 70% of it is shit. But Ken vs Terry and Mewtwo vs Sephiroth are worth watching IMO. They're also some of the only ones that don't have that "How dare you believe in the common consensus you ******* idiot" tone of some other episodes.

Terry's almost as high as he is on-site, and I'm pretty sure Ken is even higher.

They pulled a “X beats Gods?” Damn Kirby and Pit should solo the Bracket /s
No offense but Death Battle does a better job by actually mentioning what the said god can do (like the Verse hurricane in Heihachi Mishima vs Geese Howard).

That said and poor those Re-Verse and Otoma=Raga characters are lesser heard than Verse and even some lesser heard Asia Pacific fighting game bosses. (THE General of Kaiser Knuckle when)

Last edited:
Terry beating gods is a wonky statement because he hasn't done that canonically. The only notable character he beat was Geese and Geese survived the fall from the building in the KoF continuity. Canonically, Team Japan take down Rugal and the Hakkeshu and Sacred Treasures take down weakened Orochi, Team K' takes down NESTS, Team Elisabeth takes down Those From the Past, Shun'ei takes down Verse and Shun'ei/Isla take down ReVerse and Otoma=Raga.

Terry is very featless in KoF lore honestly. Even Kukri should be stronger than him because SNK Heroines is canon where Kukri creates an alternate dimension and turns Terry into this.

Terry beating gods is a wonky statement because he hasn't done that canonically. The only notable character he beat was Geese and Geese survived the fall from the building in the KoF continuity. Canonically, Team Japan take down Rugal and the Hakkeshu and Sacred Treasures take down weakened Orochi, Team K' takes down NESTS, Team Elisabeth takes down Those From the Past, Shun'ei takes down Verse and Shun'ei/Isla take down ReVerse and Otoma=Raga.

Terry is very featless in KoF lore honestly. Even Kukri should be stronger than him because SNK Heroines is canon where Kukri creates an alternate dimension and turns Terry into this.
They did include Terry beating Mars in the anime, IIRC.

I think the idea was more to portray that the things Terry has fought are ultimately more impressive than the things Ken has fought and was either phrased poorly or was an attempt to convince absolute casuals who know nothing about versus to try and pre-emptively prevent people from saying "Noooo Ken should have won because I know about Street Fighter and not KOF!" type stuff.

Well will it be a good idea scaling the ceiling of Bardock from Frieza? Well, the one whom he lost to?

They can do an Avatar matchup. They can do a matchup with a new verse. Just maybe not an Avatar matchup with a new verse (as Azula and Katara beg to have their MUs finished).

Okay. A little fun and game: I know some zealots at SMT, Xeno series and Archie Comics are there: can you have a good MU for
1. Cyborg / Victor Stone
2. Poison Ivy
3. Mr Freeze
4. Penguin
5. Hunter Zolomon
6. Two-Face (he technically has had Handsome Jack but this Jack is not from the above verses so screw it - but I doubt he stands a chance against most things in the above mentioned verses - oh my even that Jack can murder the mayor hard)
Idk how strong Poison Ivy is, but maybe Yuuka Kazami from Touhou? It's a stretch and probably a stomp but who knows.

Just starting it out now and cmon man how is a show so ******* strict allowing the usage of the orbit feat dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back