• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest point against Hercules is that he really isn't very intelligent at all. Everytime he's faced with a problem that can't be solved with brute force, he just sits around until some god or his nephew and perhaps lover Iolaus gives him the solution. Heck, he couldn't even figure out how to skin the Nemean Lion. On the other hand, Monke is very smart and does use his hax appropriately for whatever situation he finds himself in.

I think the biggest point against Hercules is that he really isn't very intelligent at all. Everytime he's faced with a problem that can't be solved with brute force, he just sits around until some god or his nephew and perhaps lover Iolaus gives him the solution. Heck, he couldn't even figure out how to skin the Nemean Lion. On the other hand, Monke is very smart and does use his hax appropriately for whatever situation he finds himself in.
What about his twelve trials

Cauterizing the hydras head to stop it from regenerating seemed pretty clever

Should I mention that Hercules was not known for intelligence (Wiz: With his godlike power, Heracles... struggled in... the arts; Boomstick: He even had a fit and accidentally killed his music teacher), while Sun Wukong could lead a clan of monkeys living in a waterfall region of a mountain, and quickly discovered some means to escape from death (careful enough to hide and dodge flames that are meant to negate his immortality to the moment he developed resistance against such) or even discern very good disguises (the arc when he pummeled Baigujing three times despite her variou disguises). He was only notuiceably outsmarted by Gautama and Tang Sanzong, but even then Wukong saved Tang time and time again and warned him against potential hazards and dangers multiple times.

If Hercules vs Sun Wukong does well, I could easily see them doing a mythology battle once a season. Not like they'd run out of options anytime soon. Greek mythology alone gives us Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Perseus, Prometheus, etc.

Still looking for a good Quetzalcoatl matchup, though. Aztec mythology in Death Battle sounds badass, and he's by far the best shot.
Best I can think of is Nu Wa for him because of Smite

I feel like Fate is one of those series that's more a matter of when than if, it's way too requested for them to just pass over. It helps that the main requests are against big characters that'd draw in views (Gilgamesh/Doom, Saber vs Vader/Luke/Erza, etc.).
just gonna copy n paste from a blog buy a guy name Pit the swordmaster that kinda sums it up with the series

"Fate may not be the most mainstream series out there but big it certainly ******* is, between it's almost frightening cult following and the sheer size of the franchise spanning so many anime series and video games across the last nearly two decades. It's no surprise that characters from it are requested very frequently to show up on Death Battle... and by that I mean uh... two, there's kinda two characters that just dominate on that front."

Gilgamesh vs Doom could have been a safe bet for this season in a vacuum where Doom never went up against Lex... and this matchup didn't drop off a cliff in popularity... and uh, yeah a vacuum is kinda the only place you can really give it the benefit of the doubt because its odds nowadays are pretty pathetic, and sadly Gilgamesh' spread doesn't get much better than that.

The fact that Gilgamesh's second most popular and requested matchup is with a niche character very few characters even know exists and a series that really can't be said to be able to carry in views kinda tells you all you need to know about his odds from there. I'd love to see Gilgamesh vs Sinbad happen but I ain't hedging my bets when Magi is fairly niche and Gil's not really a character I'd call marketable enough to pick up the slack.

Saber has it a lot better and she's got enough mainstream opponents to make her easily the likeliest candidate from Fate when coupled with her being recognisable even to non-Fate fans, anyone who's big into the anime scene knows who she is. While Saber's matchup spread is a jumbled mess of ideas that are all scrambling to be her safest bet, there's one matchup that had the brilliant idea to just step behind the finish line and walk forward... that awful analogy is trying to say she has one matchup that's likeliest to happen.

While, at least from my experience, it's a pretty commonly disliked idea in the hardcore vs circles, casually not only is Erza one of Saber's more recognisable opponents just by herself but she's also arguably one of her most popular and well liked matchups and Erza gets a fair amount of requests for a runback, helped out by some new stuff from Fairy Tail chapters that came after her fight with Zoro. Plus the research team seem to like it so... that's a plus.

THOUGHTS ON THE MATCHUP​

Saber is one of those characters nobody can ******* agree on a good matchup for- Erza, Luke, Es, Darth Vader, Raphtalia, Aqua, Ky Kiske, ******* Optimus Prime for some godforsaken reason, and so many more and chances are slim you'll find yourself liking more than one, maybe two of these. As far as Erza is concerned, I see people either really hate it or... well not really love it, haven't seen a lot of that but moreso just tolerate its existence and I kinda fall moreso into the camp of just thinking it is there and doing nothing to capture my interest.

So, HercSun got me interested in terms of potential mythology matchups, so I decided to look into what else there was. So far, I've got:
  • Osiris vs Izanami (Egyptian Pantheon vs Japanese Pantheon)
  • Poseidon vs Neptune (Greek Pantheon vs Roman Pantheon)
  • Maui vs Prometheus (Polynesian Pantheon vs Greek Pantheon)
  • Zeus vs Odin (Greek Pantheon vs Norse Pantheon)
Major deities/mythological characters I couldn't find matchups for are Quetzalcoatl (Aztec Pantheon), Woden (Germanic Pantheon), Perseus (Greek Pantheon), King Arthur Pendragon, Beowolf, Merlin, Hades (Greek Pantheon), Anubis (Egyptian Pantheon). Feel free to correct me if I'm overlooking an obvious matchup or important mythological figure. Going to sleep, goodnight.

So, HercSun got me interested in terms of potential mythology matchups, so I decided to look into what else there was. So far, I've got:
  • Osiris vs Izanami (Egyptian Pantheon vs Japanese Pantheon)
  • Poseidon vs Neptune (Greek Pantheon vs Roman Pantheon)
  • Maui vs Prometheus (Polynesian Pantheon vs Greek Pantheon)
  • Zeus vs Odin (Greek Pantheon vs Norse Pantheon)
Major deities/mythological characters I couldn't find matchups for are Quetzalcoatl (Aztec Pantheon), Woden (Germanic Pantheon), Perseus (Greek Pantheon), King Arthur Pendragon, Beowolf, Merlin, Hades (Greek Pantheon), Anubis (Egyptian Pantheon). Feel free to correct me if I'm overlooking an obvious matchup or important mythological figure. Going to sleep, goodnight.
How viable are some of these matchups? It seems like a lot of mythological characters didn't really do a whole lot of feats. What did Prometheus actually do combat wise?

Herc's preview got to 100k in 6 hours. Now, I usually don't keep track of numbers, but that's pretty good by their standards, right? I mean, the previews for Jinx/Harley and Wanda/Zatanna never passed 150k, and Thor is currently sitting at 180k, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Hercules/Wukong surpass those episodes (at least in terms of preview views). Would be middle of the road by this season's standards overall, but still good enough to call it successful. Of course, we'll have to see how well preview views translate into full episode views.
unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back