• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says something when these are the best cases for "video game matchups taking advantage of active trends/general audience hype".

Brainstorming for upcoming stuff Death Battle could take advantage of:
  • Dante vs Kratos for later this year/earlier next year to capitalise on the new God of War.
  • An Arceus matchup for later this year to capitalise on the Arceus hype (Sinnoh remakes, Legends Arceus, the TCG stuff, etc.).
  • A Metroid matchup to coincide with Prime 4's proven existence release.
  • Could bring Bayonetta back for Bayonetta 3 hype, although by the standards of Death Battle characters she's relatively niche to use twice.
  • Another Zelda matchup for BotW2. Question is, what do you do with Zelda at this point? Ganondorf had his two most requested, Link got his rematch, Zelda arguably had her best. Maybe a Link Battle Royale?
  • I guess a Castlevania character for the recently announced Netflix show (Richter, Simon, Alucard, etc.).
  • Shulk vs Lightning because Xenoblade 3.
  • Another Sonic matchup for Frontiers/Origins (Knuckles vs Juggernaut, Bowser vs Eggman, etc.)
Looking at the confirmed characters, we could see Guile vs Jax, a Chun-Li runback, Juri vs Mileena/Tira, etc.

Anything else I'm forgetting?
If they're gonna bring a Castlevania rep, its gonna be Alucard since he brings in the sex appeal (Unless this new show's first season is only covering Rondo of Blood, which seems likes, in that case Alucard's chances lower)

We're without a doubt getting a Street Fight match-up, most likely
Juri vs Mileena
Can't see a Legend of Zelda match-up happening nor an Arceus one
Shulk vs Lightning is a lock next season, I guarantee it
Bowser vs Eggman seems the most likely due to success of the second Sonic movie alongside Bowser's Fury releasing a couple of years ago

Yah they missed a lot of chances for some video game fights, now a bunch of video games were revealed lately they should think of matches that catch hype, resident evil atm has the 4 remake around corner and dead by daylight will get another chapter with that series coming soon too, they gotta capitalize of that hype for example
Well considering the pipeline and the radar of the crew...

Maybe we can still hope for Nemesis vs Pyramid Head or Leon Kennedy to come back and fight other "peak human" zombie fighters.

Says something when these are the best cases for "video game matchups taking advantage of active trends/general audience hype".

Brainstorming for upcoming stuff Death Battle could take advantage of:
  • Dante vs Kratos for later this year/earlier next year to capitalise on the new God of War.
  • An Arceus matchup for later this year to capitalise on the Arceus hype (Sinnoh remakes, Legends Arceus, the TCG stuff, etc.).
  • A Metroid matchup to coincide with Prime 4's proven existence release.
  • Could bring Bayonetta back for Bayonetta 3 hype, although by the standards of Death Battle characters she's relatively niche to use twice.
  • Another Zelda matchup for BotW2. Question is, what do you do with Zelda at this point? Ganondorf had his two most requested, Link got his rematch, Zelda arguably had her best. Maybe a Link Battle Royale?
  • I guess a Castlevania character for the recently announced Netflix show (Richter, Simon, Alucard, etc.).
  • Shulk vs Lightning because Xenoblade 3.
  • Another Sonic matchup for Frontiers/Origins (Knuckles vs Juggernaut, Bowser vs Eggman, etc.)
Looking at the confirmed characters, we could see Guile vs Jax, a Chun-Li runback, Juri vs Mileena/Tira, etc.

Anything else I'm forgetting?
Not the biggest fan in video games so cannot tell without screening on some schedules.

Has Katara vs Nobara ever been done before?
The Nobara Kugisaki from Jujutsu Kaisen?

Any big theme and list of close connections between Katara (AATL) vs Nobara?

Probably not, should be fine but Juvia is currently her most popular
Yeah Juvia Lockser is Katara's most requested opponent.

Death Battle do this for business, why cant they take advantage on the video game matches when they get new stuff announced, hype dies after a while
They should, but they failed to. Tipper explained why.

Death Battle can't predict when those tend to comes out
and some times they try to captilize on it some BS happens
Death Battle plans the season about halfway of the year and half the shit u listed has no instant indication of the being a hit

Yes

and what do you mean by close connections 🧐
What do they have in common
For example... Is Nobara Kugisaki a water manipulation character?

(Okay they are female friends to the respective main protagonists. But how similar they are aside from this? Curious to know what they have in common.)

(Okay they are female friends to the respective main protagonists. But how similar they are aside from this? Curious to know what they have in common.)
Both Tsunderes, potential/successful love interest with MC, both older than the MC (well Nobara is older by a few months), both hold something dear to them, that’s as much I can think of on the spot, I can provide more later.

Both Tsunderes, potential/successful love interest with MC, both older than the MC (well Nobara is older by a few months), both hold something dear to them, that’s as much I can think of on the spot, I can provide more later.
Katara is a tsundere? Also, you want to specific about that holding something dear to them part, I think most people do that.

Katara is a tsundere? Also, you want to specific about that holding something dear to them part, I think most people do that.
Yeah she’s Tsundere… instead of the harsh then nice, she’s nice then harsh. Still counts right?

Nobara idolized Saori but she was driven away by the villagers and Nobara left Tokyo in hopes that she can find her. Katara’s mum died and has her necklace.

Alright
Boomstick: He's the man! The myth! The legend! He's Hercules!

Wiz: Stories of Hercules exist in many iterations but we'll examine the earliest known accounts, the legend of Heracles.

Boomstick: No Disney's Zero to Hero, just the classic Greek myth, and like most ancient Greek stories, it began with Zeus being a total creep.

Wiz: The God of Thunder did his... thing... with a princess by disguising himself as her husband...

Boomstick: Oh what the hell, man.

Wiz: ...and thus a demigod is born who is named Alcaeus.

Boomstick: But Hera was pretty pissed Zeus had cheated on her yet again so Alcaeus' human parents renamed him in her honor, yep, Heracles means "Glory to Hera", too bad she had already made up her mind though and that kid was gonna pay.

Wiz: The child would need some way to survive Hera's wrath, so the Goddess of Heroes carried up a plan that was frankly insane. Athena tricked Hera into nursing the baby Heracles, and her milk gave him supernatural strength unbound, even beyond many of the Gods themselves.

Boomstick: So strong that he... hurt her and caused her to spray milk all over the place like a boob sprinkler, which in turn created the galaxy. Yep, that's why we call it the Milky Way... oh God I'm never eating one of those candy bars again...

Wiz: With his godlike power, Heracles became a fierce warrior, trained by the finest instructors in all of Greece. Unfortunately, he wasn't without problems, while he was a natural at boxing, wrestling, fencing and so much more, he struggled in... the arts.

Boomstick: He even had a fit and accidentally killed his music teacher!

Wiz: Little did Heracles know, this was a sign of a tragedy to come. Many years later, as his name began to be synonymous with the term "Hero" he murdered his wife Princess Megara and their sons.

Boomstick: Yeah... Hera had magically driven him into a kill frenzy rage, but that didn't excuse it for Herc, his kill was there.

Wiz: Desperate to atone, he (couldn't understand this word) guidance from the Oracle of Delphi, and learned his path to redemption, he would submit himself to King (didn't understand his name), and perform for him ten grueling labors.

Boomstick: The guy was a d-bag, but Herc did what he had to, and through his struggles, built a killer arsenal.

Wiz: For his first labor, he was tasked with slaying a lion, who's hide could not be pierced by any blade.

Boomstick: So Herc just... beat the Lion to death with his bare hands! And took the pelt as armor for himself!

Wiz: He defeated a flock of metal man-eating birds with (didn't understand) so loud no living thing could bear the noise! He battled a multi-headed Hydra, cauterizing its necks after each decapitation so the heads would not grow back.

Boomstick: A lot of (didn't understand) heads meant a lot of blood spill, and Hydra blood is extra poisonous, even Gods fear it! So Herc dipped his arrows in that stuff for later use. Oh! On that note, it's time for my weekly taunting of the Gods!

Wiz: Yeah... someday that's really gonna bite you in the ass, specially those days you do it during thunderstorm, what are you thinking?

Boomstick: I DEFY THE DIVINITY I MAKE MY OWN CHOICES!

(They say some irrelevant shit about Boomstick getting smoked and the preview ends)

Alright
Boomstick: He's the man! The myth! The legend! He's Hercules!

Wiz: Stories of Hercules exist in many iterations but we'll examine the earliest known accounts, the legend of Heracles.

Boomstick: No Disney's Zero to Hero, just the classic Greek myth, and like most ancient Greek stories, it began with Zeus being a total creep.

Wiz: The God of Thunder did his... thing... with a princess by disguising himself as her husband...

Boomstick: Oh what the hell, man.

Wiz: ...and thus a demigod is born who is named Alcaeus.

Boomstick: But Hera was pretty pissed Zeus had cheated on her yet again so Alcaeus' human parents renamed him in her honor, yep, Heracles means "Glory to Hera", too bad she had already made up her mind though and that kid was gonna pay.

Wiz: The child would need some way to survive Hera's wrath, so the Goddess of Heroes carried up a plan that was frankly insane. Athena tricked Hera into nursing the baby Heracles, and her milk gave him supernatural strength unbound, even beyond many of the Gods themselves.

Boomstick: So strong that he... hurt her and caused her to spray milk all over the place like a boob sprinkler, which in turn created the galaxy. Yep, that's why we call it the Milky Way... oh God I'm never eating one of those candy bars again...

Wiz: With his godlike power, Heracles became a fierce warrior, trained by the finest instructors in all of Greece. Unfortunately, he wasn't without problems, while he was a natural at boxing, wrestling, fencing and so much more, he struggled in... the arts.

Boomstick: He even had a fit and accidentally killed his music teacher!

Wiz: Little did Heracles know, this was a sign of a tragedy to come. Many years later, as his name began to be synonymous with the term "Hero" he murdered his wife Princess Megara and their sons.

Boomstick: Yeah... Hera had magically driven him into a kill frenzy rage, but that didn't excuse it for Herc, his kill was there.

Wiz: Desperate to atone, he (couldn't understand this word) guidance from the Oracle of Delphi, and learned his path to redemption, he would submit himself to King (didn't understand his name), and perform for him ten grueling labors.

Boomstick: The guy was a d-bag, but Herc did what he had to, and through his struggles, built a killer arsenal.

Wiz: For his first labor, he was tasked with slaying a lion, who's hide could not be pierced by any blade.

Boomstick: So Herc just... beat the Lion to death with his bare hands! And took the pelt as armor for himself!

Wiz: He defeated a flock of metal man-eating birds with (didn't understand) so loud no living thing could bear the noise! He battled a multi-headed Hydra, cauterizing its necks after each decapitation so the heads would not grow back.

Boomstick: A lot of (didn't understand) heads meant a lot of blood spill, and Hydra blood is extra poisonous, even Gods fear it! So Herc dipped his arrows in that stuff for later use. Oh! On that note, it's time for my weekly taunting of the Gods!

Wiz: Yeah... someday that's really gonna bite you in the ass, specially those days you do it during thunderstorm, what are you thinking?

Boomstick: I DEFY THE DIVINITY I MAKE MY OWN CHOICES!

(They say some irrelevant shit about Boomstick getting smoked and the preview ends)
Something bad for Sun Wukong is that JttW is already a composited version so the weakness is composited too. I fear that DB Team would use it against Sun Wukong to announce a Herc victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back