• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

There's always going to be subjectivity to a degree, especially when dealing with more esoteric feats, things that are left unclear, or franchises that are highly inconsistent, but when franchises/characters have definitive calcs or consistent statements/feats that equal a specific stat/tier, there's only so much you can say "I don't buy this/this is subjective" unless you have a genuine debunk to disprove the stats/feats and how they're rated. Just simply saying "I don't buy this" kind of defeats the purpose of versus debating.

Calcs and statements can have problems, tho problems can have variety of different sources of problems. I'd argue common sense should be used to an extend as well.

Generally after seeing DB for years, I do think favoring lowballs should be safer as an estimate. I think for DB fights they should potentially use a "range" for characters' stats, as nothing is definite, trying to showcase a range feels like it would produce less problems if one could show how a character can be certain level of strength via different methods.

Tho DB and VS are nowadays broken because of Gokek and now everyone is universal, multiversal or even complex multiversal, bleh.

No Baki MU*

dies-of-death.gif

Just scroll down a bit to see their P5 and P5R abilities
So here they are in order of arcana
Also wanna add some of them have the same abilities, so you could maybe shorten the list to get rid of the ones that don’t do anything unique or keep only ones that are popular. Also passive skills only apply when you have the persona equipped

I did a bunch of looking into current trends & possibilities for MU's, and this is generally what I came up with. It's a long read but tell me if you guys feel any of these MUs fit or are possible for Seasons 9 and 10.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Apologies for ******** up the thread, but I just wanted to vomit out ideas and get general reception.

I also forgot to mention in the predictions that a Chainsaw-Man and Jujutsu Kaisen matchup in Season 10 is also very likely due to both's staggering popularity and both having matchups against each other that are popular. Gon vs Deku is also very likely for Season 10 if MHA wraps up soon.
"Held back by being an MLP MU which the DB cast wants nothing more to do with, and for good reason"
Actually go **** yourself, fall off your bed

Ayo, Devil May Cry finally featured Demifiend from the Shin Megami Tensei series?
Bayobros are real quiet rn
My Brother in Christ (still unsure if I can say n****a), the fandom's heyday has long since passed and Twilight's poorly researched and ill-timed loss to Raven proved Bronies can take an L, we ain't in 2012.
Even if they couldn't there's only one more MLP matchup worth doing and it's probably a stomp in their favor

Ill timed? How so?
Because the episode was released in Feb 28, 2018 while the MLP:FiM show was in its penultimate season 8. It ended proper on October 10th, 2019 and the IDW comics which have been retconned as canon finished in September 2021 which give Twilight even more feats. The episode became outdated almost immediately and they downplayed both characters.

Because the episode was released in Feb 28, 2018 while the MLP:FiM show was in its penultimate season 8. It ended proper on October 10th, 2019 and the IDW comics which have been retconned as canon finished in September 2021 which give Twilight even more feats. The episode became outdated almost immediately and they downplayed both characters.
Does it change the outcome? I’m pretty sure Raven still has Herald scaling

Does it change the outcome? I’m pretty sure Raven still has Herald scaling
It's ehh? The highest interpretation for MLP due to the comics is potentially 2A, but because lolcomicsduo, it's pretty easy for them to just scale her to Trigon's best feats and be tier 1

Ignoring this site's rules on speed, both Raven and Twilight have immeasurable arguments and crazy lists of hax from what I know. If speed is comparable and Twilight can access the elements or rainbow power, then her constant magic shields in that state, plus her 2-A scaling chains, could potentially net her a W.

But if White Raven is tier 1, than it's dimensional tiering ggs

It's ehh? The highest interpretation for MLP due to the comics is potentially 2A, but because lolcomicsduo, it's pretty easy for them to just scale her to Trigon's best feats and be tier 1

Ignoring this site's rules on speed, both Raven and Twilight have immeasurable arguments and crazy lists of hax from what I know. If speed is comparable and Twilight can access the elements or rainbow power, then her constant magic shields in that state, plus her 2-A scaling chains, could potentially net her a W.

That and Raven can indeed be harmed by excessive positive emotions, which they got wrong. And they conflated the Magic of Friendship/Harmony with Twilight's normal magic, which is also wrong.

I have no idea, my heart says yes but my quick search of Raven's (surprisingly lacking) profile says "it doesn't look good, Twilybro".

More of an interesting debate than I thought

Its just amazing how Dragon Ball got legit continuation after 13 years right after GvS1 and Goku became real universal just 2 months after GvS2.
Joys of an upgrade
Calcs and statements can have problems, tho problems can have variety of different sources of problems. I'd argue common sense should be used to an extend as well.

Generally after seeing DB for years, I do think favoring lowballs should be safer as an estimate. I think for DB fights they should potentially use a "range" for characters' stats, as nothing is definite, trying to showcase a range feels like it would produce less problems if one could show how a character can be certain level of strength via different methods.

Tho DB and VS are nowadays broken because of Gokek and now everyone is universal, multiversal or even complex multiversal, bleh.
Oh yeah it definitely made things hectic and overall inconsistent

Oh great, another person saying that because Dragon Ball got a legitimate universal feat and people discovered legitimate universal feats for other verses, versus is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back