• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
main-qimg-c7904dd01a5b9c6c0fbbf9b96e07980c-lq
main-qimg-e6c1ebb5a7d7d4ba79cc1277a8005bb4-lq
main-qimg-8f90ee8758cbdc1fb54be395b4dd1399-lq
main-qimg-fd6335f3df6536e241fa0b1c0b809f08-lq
main-qimg-56c3ba258c18303fe7b90150a3b9aa02-lq
main-qimg-705a54120b31ab3ab88406a06939663a-pjlq

Like i said not a game ya gonna win

Unless Said Anime is some Main stream not really
To add to my list...

Season 9
1. Tanjiro VS Jonathan Joestar (Demon Slayer VS JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) 1,852,135 views
2. Thor VS Vegeta (Marvel VS Dragon Ball) 1,758,440 views
3. Harley Quinn VS Jinx (Batman VS League of Legends) 1,541,943 views
4. Scarlet Witch VS Zatanna (Marvel VS DC) 1,514,669 views
5. Omni-Man VS Homelander (Invincible VS The Boys) 812,202 views (Premiered 7 hours ago)

Want more Japan ACGN works? Do Jojo. Do Dragon Ball. Do DC vs non-Marvel or Marvel vs non-DC. Maybe add Image vs non-Image. Maybe even more Pokémon - Pokémon matchups actually do good views.

To add to my list...

Season 9
1. Tanjiro VS Jonathan Joestar (Demon Slayer VS JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) 1,852,135 views
5. Omni-Man VS Homelander (Invincible VS The Boys) 812,202 views (Premiered 7 hours ago)

Want more Japan ACGN works? Do Jojo. Do Dragon Ball. Do DC vs non-Marvel or Marvel vs non-DC. Maybe add Image vs non-Image. Maybe even more Pokémon - Pokémon matchups actually do good views.
OmniLander bout to be a 1Mil

I really like this DB. Is it a stomp? Yes. Would Omni Man vs Bardock be better? Yes imo. But to be honest? I'm not really mad. Because let's face it, NO ONE is rooting for Homelander and it was satisfying to see Homelander get ******* bullied to death.

The analysis was pretty good, not sure how I feel about City level+ Homelander but eh.

The fight was short but I'm ok with that. What did ya'll expect? It's a stomp and the fight doesn't hide it, and it's not like it's gonna piss off the Homelander fans because I've yet to see ANYONE root for Homelander. If anything the fight is an accurate portrayal of how it would go. Some people saying it doesn't making sense that Omni Man doesn't one shot immediately but then again, Homelander killed Debbie, makes sense for Nolan to want to take his own sweet time to break down Homelander. The only disappointing aspect is that for a Invinicible vs The Boys fight, I feel there should've been more carnage

I also semi predicted how Omni Man would kill Homelander. Animation was pretty good imo. It portrays Homelander's sadistic and man child personality and Omni Man cold and calm personality pretty well.

Not my favorite match up, but I think it's done pretty well. 4/5.

The stomp was worth it just to see Omni Man destroy Homelander

Congrats for DB, first DB episode since Broly vs Hulk to hit a 1mil in less than a day.

and yes, it was one-sided. Everybody expected that. People wanted to see Omni-Man demolish HL. DB delivered on that. It has a great buildup and a great death, I think the middle or the actual fight could've included more environmental destruction and banter, but what can you do.
I definitely think it would've been better if they replaced that scene of Omni Man holding Homelander up to the plane with something else, the banter and fighting bit after was pretty great

Unless Said Anime is some Main stream not really
Season 3 literally had ONE anime fight so lol, CBA to scroll past that
Season 4's most viewed episode was Naruto VS Ichigo, the least viewed were probably vidyas or PR VS Voltron
Season 5/6 are valid but they were the biggest matchups ever and 2 of them had movie hype backing them up, none of the recently requested comic mu's come even close anymore besides maybe GR VS Spawn
Season 7/8/9 prove my point of anime either carrying or outviewing capes currently. If anime vs non-anime counts then Season 7's 3 most viewed episodes are all anime and the bottom 5 has 3 cape fights. 8 has 3 anime matches in its Top 5, 4 if you count BlackZoom and a comic fight is in Bottom 2. 9s most viewed episode is Tanjiro VS One of the less popular JoJos and the entire season is going to get that #OmnilanderSweep

Season 3 literally had ONE anime fight so lol, CBA to scroll past that
Season 4's most viewed episode was Naruto VS Ichigo, the least viewed were probably vidyas or PR VS Voltron
Season 5/6 are valid but they were the biggest matchups ever and 2 of them had movie hype backing them up, none of the recently requested comic mu's come even close anymore besides maybe GR VS Spawn
Season 7/8/9 prove my point of anime either carrying or outviewing capes currently. If anime vs non-anime counts then Season 7's 3 most viewed episodes are all anime and the bottom 5 has 3 cape fights. 8 has 3 anime matches in its Top 5, 4 if you count BlackZoom and a comic fight is in Bottom 2. 9s most viewed episode is Tanjiro VS One of the less popular JoJos and the entire season is going to get that #OmnilanderSweep
1.i was focusing on Modern Era S3 and S4 are Db still in the Old Era
Venom vs Bane was one of the most viewed episodes in the season lol and it proves my point only real big name animes were gonna out draw it

2.maybe true but doesn't negate my point

3. Saying Anime was carrying in those cases is also disingenuous as well
1.Hulk vs Broly-6.6Mil
2.Obi vs Kakashi-5.1Mil
3.Flash vs Sonic-4.1Mil
*4.Beerus vs Galaxia-3.9Mil(Toei Yeet)
5.Goro vs Machamp-3.6Mil
6.Genos vs War Machine-3.5Mil
7.Bucky vs Jason-3.5Mil
8.Miles vs Static-3Mil

9.Zuko vs Shoto-2.9Mil
10.Jason vs Leo/11.Venom vs Crona/12.Danny vs Jake/13.Sanji vs Lee- 2.6Mil
14.Cable vs Booster-2.5Mil
15.Gray vs Esdeath-2.2Mil
16.WW vs She-Ra-2.2Mil
17.Black Canary vs Sindel-2Mil
18.Sabrewulf vs Jon-1.9 Mil
19.Batgwen-1.9Mil
20.Red vs Blue-1.6Mil
*21.The Boys BR-1.6Mil

Two of the top 5 features a comic book character two of which are the most well known ones to the average man in s7

S8 featured Saitama who's one of the most popular anime characters in this day n age and been requested up the ass

Madara vs Aizen is the Thanos vs Darkseid of Anime and again Bleach vs Naruto

Black vs Thawne featured a popular Super villain and a Popular Flash villain

Dio and Alucard are two of the most well known Anime Vampires also helped that the DBX got 1Mil views

so like unless ur a big name anime franchise it wont outdo Marvel and DC

Demon Slayer and JJBA episode doing well backs up my point further, Demon Slayer sold like Hot cakes and Jonathan is a popular JoJo character add two together it would draw

Just saw the episode.

It's a 6/10 for me. I appreciate them not trying to spoil anything for their respective franchises, but it leaves the analysis feeling brief and hollow. The fight itself was just too short, with the only ups being the character portrayals and final death. Yes, this fight is a stomp, but it could've been a more entertaining one. I would have liked more of the carnage that Ben promised, maybe some more dialogue shared between them like the opening.

Probably my second least favorite (other than Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch).

Out of curiosity, to any Blazeblue fans out there:
Would you say Makoto Nanaya vs Sandy Cheeks is a bad MU?
Who TH is Sandy Cheeks? Makoto Nanaya is a Blazblue character so I believe she may be a who member in the USA but who the world health organization is Sandy Cheeks the who member even in Spongebob Squarepants?

This aside, Squirrel Girl is more pit against Makoto Nanaya (and thanks to Popeye for killing Saitama Squirrel Girl can kill someone else).

Or if you want a more famous and classic squirrel, Slappy Squirrel. Hold it Slappy Squirrel vs Sandy Cheeks can be a good MU of cartoon squirrels that may give Popeye vs Saitama hype.

1.Hulk vs Broly-6.6Mil
2.Obi vs Kakashi-5.1Mil
3.Flash vs Sonic-4.1Mil
*4.Beerus vs Galaxia-3.9Mil(Toei Yeet)
5.Goro vs Machamp-3.6Mil
7.Bucky vs Jason-3.5Mil
8.Miles vs Static-3Mil

9.Zuko vs Shoto-2.9Mil
10.Jason vs Leo/11.Venom vs Crona/12.Danny vs Jake/13.Sanji vs Lee- 2.6Mil
14.Cable vs Booster-2.5Mil
15.Gray vs Esdeath-2.2Mil
16.WW vs She-Ra-2.2Mil
17.Black Canary vs Sindel-2Mil
18.Sabrewulf vs Jon-1.9 Mil
19.Batgwen-1.9Mil
20.Red vs Blue-1.6Mil
*21.The Boys BR-1.6Mil

so like unless ur a big name anime franchise it wont outdo Marvel and DC
"Only big names make it" applies to them too however, notice how the lowest viewed episodes are ALWAYS capeshit and games? The fact that a Darkstalkers fight of all things outviewed one should tell you enough

My point is simply that Marvel/DC spam isn't needed to generate views and "they get the most views" when that's no longer the case kinda sounds like a cope argument/damage control, it's not related to this season, you'll see my full opinion of it later this year, sry for the dumb argument

To add to my list...

Season 9

Well placed capeshit matchups can actually draw views. Look how the three (possibly four) capeshit matchups are doing well because one promotes a MOM, one promotes a LAT, one promotes upcoming The Boys series and Invincible series, and one introduces one new and rising franchise at long last which has just had an e-sport event.

Okay DS and JJBA are click magnets so do introduce more DS and JJBA characters in the future.
I still question why don't they bring more Pokémon characters - Pokémon matchups actually do good views.

I had Homelander matchups that weren't Superman knockoffs on my mind thanks to Omnilander and realized the one good render of Comic Homelander has him way darker due to the scene's lighting and with a scar he dosn't normally have due to the fight he's in. So, I edited it to make him look more like he normally does.

HomelanderRenderNoScarBrighter.png

The matchup I figured out will come soon, just wanted to post this.

I had Homelander matchups that weren't Superman knockoffs on my mind thanks to Omnilander and realized the one good render of Comic Homelander has him way darker due to the scene's lighting and with a scar he dosn't normally have due to the fight he's in. So, I edited it to make him look more like he normally does.

HomelanderRenderNoScarBrighter.png

The matchup I figured out will come soon, just wanted to post this.
Ugh... I know the artsytle is internationally designed in a way to make most of the characters in The Boys look like mocking exaggerated caricatures of superheroes but I can't look at comic Homelander the same way again after seeing THAT supersonic+ feat. There truly is a fine line between creativity and madness.

Ugh... I know the artsytle is internationally designed in a way to make most of the characters in The Boys look like mocking exaggerated caricatures of superheroes but I can't look at comic Homelander the same way again after seeing THAT supersonic+ feat. There truly is a fine line between creativity and madness.
The funny thing is, there was literally no reason to mention that feat. Humans aren't comparable to their own *********** IRL, I've heard that humans ********* at around 90MPH or something like that. No reason to assume Homelander could scale to his.

Edit: Also, Homelander has better speed feats anyways. It's the Hulk sex multipliers all over again.

The funny thing is, there was literally no reason to mention that feat. Humans aren't comparable to their own *********** IRL, I've heard that humans ********* at around 90MPH or something like that. No reason to assume Homelander could scale to his.

Edit: Also, Homelander has better speed feats anyways. It's the Hulk sex multipliers all over again.
You put my thoughts exactly. I think the funniest thing about the sex feat being this, which they hyped up a bit beforehand, was literally completely meaningless to the outcome, the fight, and really even had no reason to be in the analysis in the first place (unlike say, Travis shaking a building by ******* someone). Such an odd inclusion.
Mario vs Kirby is shit.
Mario v Kirby is a ******* horrible terrible MU with boring ******* connections, that is also an absolutely egregious stomp on Kirby's end, like probably Homelander v Omni-Man tier, I hate that MU.

But it's popular apparently, especially among casuals, and their DBC with it did pretty alright from memory, even if most people seemed to agree Kirby bodied. It's the fight we'd be likely to get it Kirby came back. No actually cool MU like Yuuma Toutetsu or the Versus Popular Rimuru Tempest.

You're probably right overall with comics still contributing but there's absolutely no goddamn way Genos didn't carry hard for this MU, I still haven't met a genuine War Machine fan in my entire life lol. He has vague MCU popularity at best but nothing people would go feral over. Genos was the one bringing attention there, height of OPM's herculean popularity at the time

Looking at this list though, it does generally seem like most of the comics matchups that carried in views were like.... the really big names? Hulk, Flash, and Miles are all incredibly big names right now (Hulk's several movie appearances and long-standing comic run, Flash's ongoing popular (garbage) TV show, Miles has the Spiderverse movies & Insomniac game) or at least have relevance like Bucky. A lot of the other comic matchups kinda performed mid-tier.

I definitely think they don't need to spam Marvel & DC comics as much and could utilize more intelligent usage of comics. Pair them with non-DC/Marvel fighters that could lead to more interesting MUs and bring in new franchises to introduce new people to these franchises to make reusing said franchise/more obscure franchises more worthwhile. Use other monolithically popular properties. Demon Slayer was explosively popular and produced massive results. There's plenty of other up-and coming franchises that could net pretty good numbers as well. Eventually they're going to run out of really popular Marvel or DC characters to use, and once they start utilizing the smaller time ones it wont really pull in good views anymore.

I'll never deny the numbers that Marvel/DC can bring though. Their bigger heroes absolutely can pull attention/numbers, but they shouldn't be overused like they are, and if they fail to utilize other things, it'll just stagnate the show for many and make it harder to pull in new viewers imo.

Good and bad news for Touhou Project as they may tap into the Amitabha scaling when discussing how large a Touhou Project universe is.
Touhou's interesting cause it's got like, several high uni arguments, brane worlds, Amitabha scaling (which beats the shit out of a lot of universe sizes generally), and innumerable infinite size statements.

Anyways, aforementioned Homelander vs Non-Superman ripoff matchup incoming. And yes, it's a Gunvolt matchup, who could have guessed?

OurCorporateOverlords.jpg

"Our Corporate Overlords"
Nova Tsukoyomi vs Homelander
(Azure Striker Gunvolt vs The Boys)​
  • Both characters were lab experiments raised by a massive multimedia corporation (Sumeragi kidnapping Nova as a child and Homelander being an artificial human created by Vought), given powers to become some of the strongest beings in their respective verses​
  • Both started out as more idealistic heroes, Homelander actually trying to minimize casualties and initially killing by accident in his first mission as a part of The Seven (Though eventually killing on purpose in a rage) and Nova starting off with a strong sense of justice. However, due to the nature of their jobs, and their corporate overlords, they quickly became the people they are. (Primarily applies to TV Homelander)​
  • Both are leaders of a team of Seven (Although Nova is above the Sumeragi Swordsmen and not considered part of the team despite leading them, while Homelander is a member of The Seven)​
  • Both wanted to break free of their corporate shackles (Primarily applies to TV Homelander)​
  • Both try to give off a cool facade of self-control, but when pushed can show a different side to themselves (Nova becomes far more prideful when under the effects of his Glaives, while Homelander is Homelander). This is also caused directly by the actions of their corporations; Glaives corrupting Nova and being raised the way he was on top of Compound V corrupting Homelander.​
  • They majorly contrast in one major way. Homelander is a psychopathic manchild despite his moments of being sympathetic, while Nova is extremely mature for his young age of 14.​
  • (Major spoiler for The Boys Comics) Both were eventually killed by someone related to the experiment that created them (Nova was killed by Gunvolt, who was part of Project: Gunvolt just like him; while Homelander was killed by Black Noir) (Applies exclusively to Comic Book Homelander, as it's implied that Black Noir has a totally different history in the TV show)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back