• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, so what if the last Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat fight wasn't amazing. They're still popular as **** franchises that still have requested match-ups in them
Popular match which failed overall, yet you wanna get more, you have other fighting games that can fight mk and sf which barely had as many as them appear in, let alone against other franchises

Juri vs Jolyne isn't a popular MU at best gets a few requests but nothing really screaming up there
Jolyne has Ganta,Sarada and Spider-Gwen as her most requested
Who is Ganta?

Why Sarada?

Spider Gwen was used and so far Spiderman characters have gone up against Batman characters, even their villains (some exceptions exists but eh)

Who is Ganta?

Why Sarada?

Spider Gwen was used and so far Spiderman characters have gone up against Batman characters, even their villains (some exceptions exists but eh)
Ganta From Deadman Wonderland
Sarada Uchiha from Boruto
Hasn't RWBY gone to shit lmao
yes
Lui Kang vs ??? Is practically gonna happen
Jago yes probably next season
Video Games - Jinx
Marvel - Scarlet Witch, Thor
DC - Harley Quinn, Zatana
Image - Omni-Man
Dynamite Comics - Homelander
Comics total - Six
Anime/Manga - Jonathan, Tanjiro, Tetsuo
Movies - Boba Fett
gotta improve dem numbers

living_tribunal_vs_spectre_by_grandbull_ddwpex6-fullview.jpg
I won’t lie, I thought you put the tribunal vs Doctor doom for a good three seconds. 💀

Write the death of your favorite MU, and I'll rate the brutality of it on a scale from 1 to 10
As Larryboy and Bibleman are falling from the sky, Larryboy turns himself into metal, making him heavier and causing him to hit Bibleman on the way down. Bibleman gets splatterred into a pool of blood when he hits the ground/gets crushed by Larryboy.

Ren Amamiya vs Legionis (aka the "Legioker" MU)
Reminder that I would have taken Makoto vs Akira Howard...
But this works too
Makoto Yuki vs Akira Howard that is huh...

Shazam and Sailor Moon are far more requested/popular Seiya's opponents by a large margin.

Same with Archie Sonic since most want him to fight Xeno Goku.

He likely dies to Ken Kaneki or Yuichiro Hyakuya (has a chance of dying to Lelouch Vi Brittania)

Alright To pass time
Names some Death Battles MU that could possibly do well in views obviously not every DB episode gonna make monster numbers but hopefully decent enough to warrant future appearances
61bWO0rxO2L._AC_SX355_.jpg
  • Akuma VS Raoh/Yujiro Hanma
  • Han Solo VS Shrek/Captain Kirk
  • Catwoman VS Black Cat
  • Ash Ketchum VS Yugi
On the topic of season finales, what MUs do you think are worthy of being a season finale?
de1gh5c-35971456-40a4-4e3b-8507-e1b07cc3b4b4.png

Bloom VS Will Vandom (Winx Club VS W.I.T.C.H.)
Both characters do have a fairly lengthy source material to go through, has stellar animation potential and spectacle and could make use of their numerous abilities and hax. Both also have a fair amount of legacy and rivalry between their series. All of this would make for a neat season finale. Only downside is that both of their home series are not as popular or as notable as today.

LmpwZw

Little Mac VS Makunouchi Ippo (Punch-Out! VS Hajime no Ippo)
Though not as destructive as the above example or rest of DB's season finales so far, this one could work as a season finale. Sure, it doesn't have the raw sheer ridiculous power spectacle such as Hulk VS Broly or Goku VS Superman but the semi-realistic sport of their boxing series makes it much more personal and relatable. This MU has also received plenty of requests and is has some legacy to it and they could take it and frame it like Balrog VS TJ Combo on a live TV boxing event (minus the blatant dirty cheating of Balrog).

Hmm would yall here say DB has gotten worse in S8-S9 in verdicts? Not necessarily the winner being wrong, but rather the stats, feats used and what else finer details they say. Last seasons' half started more aggressive dislike for stats in other places from what I've seen.
I think their reasonings have been pretty poor so far. I don't have much care of Wanda v Zatanna as an MU but I felt their verdict there was INCREDIBLY poor in explaining why she thought she won. Their conclusions are generally a 50/50 on being well reasoned imo. I think Saitama vs Popeye was probably one of the more comprehensive conclusions they've ever had, as were DioCard and RFvGB, but other MUs have just felt a little lacking in conclusions for sure.
Alright To pass time
Names some Death Battles MU that could possibly do well in views obviously not every DB episode gonna make monster numbers but hopefully decent enough to warrant future appearances
61bWO0rxO2L._AC_SX355_.jpg
In terms of MUs using a popular franchise to carry a less popular one, Sakuya vs Hit is an obvious one that would do numbers just because of DB being attached.

It'd probably not happen, but I could see Fleetway Sonic vs Kasen Ibaraki doing decently well, largely being carried by Sonic's overall popularity, and the recent revitalization of interest in Fleetway Sonic due to FNF mods. Flandre vs Marx could probably do pretty alright via using popular Kirby & Touhou characters respectively.

I feel like any of Travis Touchdown's MUs would be surprisingly likely to actually pull in good views. NMH is a type of sleeper franchise that, while niche, does have a relatively active fanbase that spreads a bit wider than expected, plus it's more popular now than ever.

Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut would probably do crazy numbers too, as Knuckles popularity has essentially exploded due to the second Sonic movie, and Juggernaut is a fairly well known Marvel character.

I also feel that a Yakuza character could do pretty well in numbers as well, as that franchise's popularity has only been gradually expanding with every new entry. Kiryu Kazuma vs Shizuo Heiwajima, Takayuki Yagami vs Wei Shen, Ichiban Kasuga vs Josuke (?) and Majima vs Whoever the **** they decide could probably all pull decent enough views.
Who wins in Juggs vs Archie Knuckles? I know Juggs is Hearld tier, so he gets Thor and Hulk scaling, but what about Archie Knuckles?
Pretty sure Knuckles takes it pretty solidly in nearly all categories. He blitzes with speed and likely has the AP advantage as well, and outhaxxes as well, especially with his Reality Warping and time travel.

On the topic of season finales, what MUs do you think are worthy of being a season finale?
I'll begin with a pretty obvious choice and a less obvious choice at the same time
ddxep3t-dcc822d1-7826-4ad6-b38b-948baf38acb5.png

hy1mashh1j381.jpg
Well, are we talking in terms of potential with the fight and the amount of shit that could go on itself, or pure popularity?

Regardless, my choices would be: Yukari Yakumo vs Altair, would be a reality shattering battle with so many different facets and haxxes and possibilities to go over that the fight could easily be finale tier in terms of what happens. I couldn't see the fight being under 5-6 minutes minimum honestly. SCP-682 vs Doomsday (despite being out of the running for now) carries one of the internet's largest creative writing works and a massive DC character with some of the largest destructive scale you could have in a DB nowadays. Kratos vs Dante has two massive characters with long, storied histories, ridiculous feats, and an absolutely gargantuan arsenal for both that could easily make for one of the craziest fights on the show. Raidou Kuzunoha vs John Constantine and Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger are also good choices for reasons we've gone over hundreds of times on these boards.

I said Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were popular franchise that still have highly requested match-ups between them (Such as Juri vs Mileena) and you said that they failed.
My dude Akuma vs Shao Kahn failed and it had the biggest antagonists of both and one of the most popular ones, yet you think those that in recent titles got nerfed or killed will do any better, thats like wanting to suggest Ryu vs Liu Kang which also aint gonna do better

My dude Akuma vs Shao Kahn failed and it had the biggest antagonists of both and one of the most popular ones, yet you think those that in recent titles got nerfed or killed will do any better, thats like wanting to suggest Ryu vs Liu Kang which also aint gonna do better
Akuma vs Kahn may have failed because it was utter dogshit and also a matchup nobody actually wanted anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back