• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm then i think the Americans would actually cheer for omni-man when he kills this asshole HL
Sure. This matchup is meant to be spite matchup - everyone will cheer for Omni-Man to beat Homelander harder than he beat Mark before. In fact the massive power difference just adds sweetness.

(Just to say...
1. is HL more or less a-hole in the comics or in the TV show?
2. Billy Butcher is a modified human himself in the comics unlike in the TV show is he.)

Found “the one” for Goku if he ever comes back 🦍

IMG_5569.jpg

problem is even if you ask the writers of Dragonball they would all give you different answers who is stronger. I think DB's handling was fine, they said it was just assumptions, but even with high balled calcs and multipliers, Gets is not beating Thor. That's the bottom line.

Thanks Toyo
Thanks Toyo for moving the goal post in terms of scaling to Beerus, making Goku and Vegeta actual terrible fighters who get fodderized in skill by every new villain despite having been martial artists for 40 years, and making it seem like the characters haven't progressed literally at all (Goku apparently not ever listening to his masters and raw powering through every encounter he's been in which is blatantly untrue) (Vegeta having guilt over the people he's killed would be good if he weren't canonically ******* forgiven for his sins in the Buu arc previously, the I'm bound for hell line is just an edgelord line and not something with meaning now because of it)

T
Thanks Toyo for moving the goal post in terms of scaling to Beerus, making Goku and Vegeta actual terrible fighters who get fodderized in skill by every new villain despite having been martial artists for 40 years, and making it seem like the characters haven't progressed literally at all (Goku apparently not ever listening to his masters and raw powering through every encounter he's been in which is blatantly untrue) (Vegeta having guilt over the people he's killed would be good if he weren't canonically ******* forgiven for his sins in the Buu arc previously, the I'm bound for hell line is just an edgelord line and not something with meaning now because of it)
The facts peeps defend his garbage writing is hilarious

Writers focus on plot rather than data.

This explains a lot on why a lot of character inconsistent performances.

The loner running the lore, the more the verse is susceptible to this risk.

The inconsistent data assignment not just make Thor stronger and faster than Vegeta, this will probably make Thor stronger and faster than Wonder Woman. Unless Wonder Woman gets the Zeus force and tags the 1-A powerhouses and is faster than the god tier Flashes.

Which Wonder Woman villains and/or Flash villains flip and/or flop in Death Battle episodes coming.

I think i saw people complaining that they didn't have odinforce before and now, then the episode comes and says that they didn't add this time because it would make it a higger stomp
I still want it, for the fact it would have made the animation more interesting.

I haven't caught up whatsoever on Dragon Ball, so I don't really know what's going on, but is it possible that, even though Vegeta is forgiven, he hasn't forgiven himself? I don't know, just trying to find a positive to this. I've heard Toyo's writing isn't that good.

it'll be in there
Anyways given Bardock best MU is off the table here's the
remaining Dragon Ball MU
Trunks vs Silver
Hit vs Sakuya
Freiza vs Megatron
Cell vs Dark Samus/Super Skrull
Gohan vs Invincible/Superboy
Piccolo vs MMH/Whoever
Gogeta vs Omnimon
17 vs Cyborg
Cell vs Dark Samus is a dead matchup. You’re more likely to see Metal Sonic come back for Cell than Dark Samus nowadays.

I also wanna say some things about people thinking it’s a shill matchup or people extrapolating Ben saying “idk if this is a good matchup” for Omni Man vs Homelander to mean “the entire staff hates this and RT is forcing them to do it”. To put it very simply, take an effing chill pill.

Cell vs Dark Samus is a dead matchup. You’re more likely to see Metal Sonic come back for Cell than Dark Samus nowadays.
Dark Samus vs Cell is still popular MU lol what are you on about the only possible option is super Skrull and no one gives a shit about Skrull

And no metal Sonic is unlikely he has no new material and nothing to warrant a runback

Dark Samus vs Cell is still popular MU lol what are you on about the only possible option is super Skrull and no one gives a shit about Skrull

And no metal Sonic is unlikely he has no new material and nothing to warrant a runback
Cell has like a bunch of matchups and Dark Samus is at the bottom of it. Zygarde, Copy X/Omega, Metal Sonic, Super Skrull, and Fecto Elfilis. Super Skrull I personally don’t like but is currently leading the pack by being the only one on the list who can banter with Cell. Besides the Mega Man Zero characters and Metal Sonic. Well…and Meruem but stomp. Dark Samus has the added disadvantage of having nothing in common with Cell.

Welp the one thing Death Battle will mention Homelander has over Omniman trully, like hoq Quicksilver had h2h over Flash but the rest was one sided
Could be a based brutal kill now that I think about it, Homelander unleashes a supersonic scream to try and push Nolan back, he's strongly affected for a moment, before rushing to Homelander and puncturing his lungs, killing him.
I'm amazed DB hasn't done Ghost Rider vs Spawn yet. Spawn's first and only battle was against Kratos 11 years ago. Similarly, I'm amazed they haven't brought Kratos back after all this time.
The Kratos runback and the Spawn runback are both very inevitable at this point, both have pretty popular matchup possibilities.
Cell has like a bunch of matchups and Dark Samus is at the bottom of it. Zygarde, Copy X/Omega, Metal Sonic, Super Skrull, and Fecto Elfilis. Super Skrull I personally don’t like but is currently leading the pack by being the only one on the list who can banter with Cell. Besides the Mega Man Zero characters and Metal Sonic. Well…and Meruem but stomp. Dark Samus has the added disadvantage of having nothing in common with Cell.
I'm a huge Kirby nerd but I'm pretty sure Fecto isn't exactly high on the wanted list, its absolutely too recent, and isn't its most popular VS MU rn Shadow? I really don't see them pulling Zygarde at all.

Again what proof of dark Samus not being popular and at the bottom? Don't act like ur assumptions are facts

Fecto Elfillis is not among Cell most popular outside a few requesting it it not a real threat

Omega is far more popular than Copy X so that's off the table

Metal Sonic may be popular but there's nothing suggesting they'll do it

Super Skrull is the only real alternative because the Researchers interest in it but Ben and whoever above them decides and we bout had our fill with Marvel vs Dragon Ball at this point

But being realistic the only options for Cell is Dark Samus and Super Skrull the rest aren't no real threat at all

Zygrade really ain't happening
I'm a huge Kirby nerd but I'm pretty sure Fecto isn't exactly high on the wanted list, its absolutely too recent, and isn't its most popular VS MU rn Shadow? I really don't see them pulling Zygarde at all.
Idk tbh maybe but we still have Meta Knight sitting at the top to get in

Again what proof of dark Samus not being popular and at the bottom? Don't act like ur assumptions are facts

Fecto Elfillis is not among Cell most popular outside a few requesting it it not a real threat

Omega is far more popular than Copy X so that's off the table

Metal Sonic may be popular but there's nothing suggesting they'll do it

Super Skrull is the only real alternative because the Researchers interest in it but Ben and whoever above them decides and we bout had our fill with Marvel vs Dragon Ball at this point

But being realistic the only options for Cell is Dark Samus and Super Skrull the rest aren't no real threat at all

Zygrade really ain't happening

Idk tbh maybe but we still have Meta Knight sitting at the top to get in
Oh yeah no I absolutely don't see any Kirby character besides Meta Knight being next. They'd use BanDee, Galacta Knight, a Kirby runback, probably even ****** Dark Matter before Fecto ngl.

@Tipper17 you bring up the researchers for Skrull but they actively dislike Cell vs DS. For the exact reasons I’ve said. No banter and no connections. I’m not talking out of my ass. I’m regurgitating what I’ve heard from those guys themselves.
Okay then but at the end of the day who decides wat goes?
If Ben or whoever above him said we're doing this are they gonna say no?

Whatever the case maybe we'll see in the future Cell Mu spread is all over the place so I can't give too much shit on it

@Tipper17 you bring up the researchers for Skrull but they actively dislike Cell vs DS. For the exact reasons I’ve said. No banter and no connections. I’m not talking out of my ass. I’m regurgitating what I’ve heard from those guys themselves.
I can take Cell vs Metal Sonic as long as it is not Cell vs Meruem.

Who else can Dark Samus fight against tho? Or... How many Metroid characters are notably requested into Death Battle?

Okay then but at the end of the day who decides wat goes?
If Ben or whoever above him said we're doing this are they gonna say no?

Whatever the case maybe we'll see in the future Cell Mu spread is all over the place so I can't give too much shit on it
Well likely they would go for more popular franchises like Sonic is still better known than Metroid. So Cell will still more likely face Metal Sonic.

Be very glad Robotboy has Jenny Wakeman.

Fecto's most popular MU is Mewtwo I believe.
Basically anyone with the whole ultimate life form motif
Including Shadow the Hedgehog for the fourth time - this time they may play with Archie Shadow if they want it.

The more important question is: which Kirby characters are they more likely bringing into Death Battle? Like said before...
We have had Meta Knight and Bandana Waddle Dee and Galacta Knight and Zero and Zero-Two and Marx and Magolor and Hyness and even Void Termina before Fecto Elfilis. (I know there are more but I am as well bringing the whole list)

Who else can Dark Samus fight against tho? Or... How many Metroid characters are notably requested into Death Battle?
Samus for a runback is pretty popular, Dark Samus could be used, Ridley is the very popular next option.

Not much else outside of that, though.

The more important question is: which Kirby characters are they more likely bringing into Death Battle? Like said before...
We have had Meta Knight and Bandana Waddle Dee and Galacta Knight and Zero and Zero-Two and Marx and Magolor and Hyness and even Void Termina before Fecto Elfilis. (I know there are more but I am as well bringing the whole list)
Frankly I don't see them utilizing any of the one off villains or major deities such as Hyness, Void Termina, or Fecto Elfilis, as cool as those last two are. As awesome as having a type of fight with the entire Dark Matter species of DM, Zero & Zero Two against someone would be, that's not happening either.

Meta Knight, BanDee, Galacta Knight, Kirby for a runback, and Marx are the only ones I see having the likelihood of showing up. Meta Knight and BanDee are both major playable characters, with MK being a franchise constant since the second game, and BanDee taking several playable P2 roles in multiple games, Galacta Knight was the franchises' consistent superboss for years and is pretty popular within the community and has a variety of various MUs, Kirby as a runback is requested occasionally, and Marx is probably the only one-time villain I can see being popular enough to be used.

Meta Knight is going to fight Zero definitely.

BanDee could fight Hero Prinny from Disgaea

Marx could fight Flandre Scarlet from Touhou

Kirby's most popular runback options are Mario and Rimuru, though I think Yuuma Toutetsu from Touhou is his best MU left. Kirby doesn't rlly need to come back for DB though.

Galacta Knight has way too many options, with no specific definitive "oh it HAS to be this guy" though. I've heard Bardock, Boros, Infinite, Ghidora, Deoxys, Omega, and Gallantmon all brought up but he doesn't have a defined strong choice to my knowledge.

By the way, I was wondering, as I just started reading the series, does Chainsaw Man have any notable versus battles?

I was trying to think of opponents for him without looking online and all that came to mind were Devilman (largely due to being inspired by him iirc) and Kafka Hibino from Kaiju No 8, since both have the basic premise of "loser who hasn't found their way in life fuses with the monster of their respective worlds (Demon and Kaiju) and become significantly more powerful, and then begin to finally pursue their dreams and find themselves in the process.

Am I on the money or do they have others? I started reading Kaiju No 8 before Chainsaw Man so I noticed this connection, and tbh. I kinda like the base idea of the MU a lot
Denji vs. Yuji Itadori
Gojo vs. Makima

That's it so far

Back to Omni-Man vs Homelander

The connections between Omni-Man and Homelander are that
  • both are comic book villains who are evil analogues of Superman with a darker twist on his origin story, (Omni-Man is secretly an alien soldier sent to prepare Earth to subjugation to his alien empire and Homelander's origin story was a lie told to the public, and was secretly a man-made experiment).
  • Both also work for other factions (Omni-Man is a conqueror sent by the Viltrumite Empire whilst Homelander was genetically modified by Vaught to be a figurehead),
  • but eventually rebelled against them.
  • Both were the strongest, most beloved and most popular superheroes on Earth, but secretly despised humans due to believing their own race was superior (Viltrumites and Supes, respectively),
  • and committed many atrocities hidden to the public, but eventually dropped their façade and massacred many humans.
  • Despite this however, both fell in love with a human woman (Debbie Grayson and Becca Butcher, respectively)
  • and had a half-human child with them (Mark Grayson and Ryan Butcher, respectively),
  • who they initially believed did not inherit their powers, but trained them abusively when they found out they did.
  • Later on, they would go down opposite paths (Omni-Man realizes the errors of this way and becomes a better person, while Homelander becomes a worse and worse person as time goes on)
  • but would both ultimately meet their end at the hands of a member of their own race whom they were initially allied with (Omni-Man died battling Thragg, the prior Viltrum emperor, and Homelander was killed by Black Noir, a fellow Supe revealed to be his identical clone).
  • Both also starred in critically acclaimed Amazon Prime Video series known for their extremely violent take on the superhero genre (Invincible and The Boys, respectively).
Ben Singer/Rooster Teeth/Amazon: Say that Omni-Man vs Homelander is a bad MU with no good connections again and my "business" will be polishing my gloves upon your face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back