• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What good match-ups does Eren Yeager have?

I personally think that Eren vs Kaneki could be really cool, thematically and powers wise, but I don't know if that specific battle is popular enough to have a chance.

nothing but are we really gonna act like Homelander brings so much to the table ? Beyond his TV version banter and gore?
Both Homelander and Omniman being in a fight likely brings that sweet Amazon money, while Bardock brings Toei attempting to skirt YouTube's system with International Legal Disputes. Said this before I think, but we saw sex enhancement ads because sex enhancement ads probably brought in a lot of money.

DevilArtemis is doing this one, eh? Maybe I might check it out then. Just for the memes.
If Travis Touchdown comes, make sure he drops some notable lines (e.g. "(stay down and) have fun with Ramona Flowers in hell").

on the bright side, this might mean we'll get Travis really soon
LIKELY they are doing a Travis Touchdown MU because they suddenly realise No More Heroes 3 was a thing and they are in a hurry.

This means we may have an Arceus MU next season - it can be up against anyone from Amaterasu to Beerus to Zen'O to YHVH (SMT) or King Drasil (Digimon) or Zeedmillenniummon (Digimon) whatever.

Meaning we have Homelander vs Omni-Man in 3D? Looks like anything mixed in between Goro vs Machamp and Blake Belladonna vs Mikasa Ackerman.

do that crap, and you will waste both asura and cosmic ghost rider, both are very good options for atrocitus instead of jiren's crap.
TBH Jiren is arguably far less appealing in a Death Battle than Hit or Toppo or even Kefla.

nothing but are we really gonna act like Homelander brings so much to the table ? Beyond his TV version banter and gore?
I won’t act like Homelander is anything more than a flying brick but like…he still brings in a new series (if you don’t count the sponsor episode)

Say that speed gap to Thor vs Wonder Woman.

And strength is only 10 times difference?

A lucky guess is a lucky guess. Just not everyone are happy with that.

Maybe Homelander is picked against Omni-Man because:
1. The management deemed that Homelander vs Omni-Man likely draws more views than Bardock vs Omni-Man
2. Somehow the management does not want to overuse Dragon Ball characters. (While Marvel and DC characters have been overused)
3. This technically frees Invincible vs Gohan
4. This brings in arguably newer franchises

2 Zen'O + Grand Priest (if no Dragon Ball games) ez
I feel that the management feel that featuring a DB character after another DB character is not a good idea. Also, Wiz could revenge his arm loss caused by Homelander in-universe.

For The Boys matchup, I feel that The Deep could fight against Zhang Shun from Water Margin and the matchup shows that a Compound V-enhanced supe living in the 21st century would be killed by a human without enhancement from any alchemical super serums living in the 12th century but has better feats.

I feel that the management feel that featuring a DB character after another DB character is not a good idea. Also, Wiz could revenge his arm loss caused by Homelander in-universe.

For The Boys matchup, I feel that The Deep could fight against Zhang Shun from Water Margin and the matchup shows that a Compound V-enhanced supe living in the 21st century would be killed by a human without enhancement from any alchemical super serums living in the 12th century but has better feats.
Who would have imagined this is a joke episode like Deadpool vs Mask. Now I think about it, do they have different interpretations of joke episodes compared to ours?

Now I want the crew to drop the following line:

Why did you make me do this?! You're fighting so everyone around you can watch you die! Think, John! You'll be outlasted by every tough, significant characters in my verse. You'll be resurrected and then tortured to see your world crumble to dust and blow away! Everyone and everything in your verse will be gone! What will you have within 2 weeks?!

Last edited:
all this confirms certain MU hit vs Sakuya is a lock down the line
It seems like a lot of this shit would segue to introducing Hit pretty soon so I could honestly see it.

The fact they tend to composite Manga & Anime DBS could work to Sakuya's favor depending on what level of Uni they buy for Touhou too, considering it'd introduce the weakness of being able to overpower Hit's timestop if you're stronger. (I honestly doubt DB would rank Sakuya as stronger than Hit even if she is, though...).

Though DB being on a Loss Streak makes me wonder if they'd wanna give a win...
I think they would want Cirno, Reimu, or Marisa before Sakuya due to the numerous shitposts surrounding them
Sakuya herself is incredibly popular and arguably similarly well known to the others. Had a slew of memes in the early 2000s, a very popular recent fangame in and outside the community, and can probably ride off of the "lol she's inspired by that Jojo character" hype a bit too, I'd definitely see her before Cirno or Marisa.
Sakuya is one of the more requested Touhou characters Cirno only has Jack Frost which ain't that big of a MU outside the community
Reimu and Marisa don't have shit for Mu
Reimu has a couple I could see being used, Yusuke, Sailor Mars, and she has a good MU with Arle from Puyo, but Marisa is in a weird place of only really having two somewhat popular ones, one being Lina Inverse from Slayers which I could see, and the other is a Puyo Puyo character so lol.
Does Mario vs Jiren have actual connections (Besides red color scheme and gloves) like Undertaker vs Itachi or is it just "lol random MU"?
It's just a shitty shitpost MU last I checked lol.

Anyways, opinions on the actual DB stuff:

Thor vs Vegeta: This was really cool! Not particularly attached to either character but this is easily the best fight this season so far imo. The action was cool, spectacle was awesome, great one liners, characters were treated with respect, awesome ******* finisher, decent track, just a solid episode overall. After 3 consecutive misses/lack of cares for me, I'm pretty happy with this one.

Next Time: This is... disappointing, to say the least. Incredibly, absurdly obvious stomp that's a popularity grab, and both characters are effectively wasted on their least interesting MU in teh end. Homelander had Hancock, Omni-Man had Bardock. Sucks honestly, but at least there's a chance the fight can be entertaining. Nolan is pretty based imo so I'm sure he'll be awesome, and hopefully the banter and DevilArtemis animation can carry the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back