• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I was wondering, as I just started reading the series, does Chainsaw Man have any notable versus battles?

I was trying to think of opponents for him without looking online and all that came to mind were Devilman (largely due to being inspired by him iirc) and Kafka Hibino from Kaiju No 8, since both have the basic premise of "loser who hasn't found their way in life fuses with the monster of their respective worlds (Demon and Kaiju) and become significantly more powerful, and then begin to finally pursue their dreams and find themselves in the process.

Am I on the money or do they have others? I started reading Kaiju No 8 before Chainsaw Man so I noticed this connection, and tbh. I kinda like the base idea of the MU a lot

By the way, I was wondering, as I just started reading the series, does Chainsaw Man have any notable versus battles?

I was trying to think of opponents for him without looking online and all that came to mind were Devilman (largely due to being inspired by him iirc) and Kafka Hibino from Kaiju No 8, since both have the basic premise of "loser who hasn't found their way in life fuses with the monster of their respective worlds (Demon and Kaiju) and become significantly more powerful, and then begin to finally pursue their dreams and find themselves in the process.

Am I on the money or do they have others? I started reading Kaiju No 8 before Chainsaw Man so I noticed this connection, and tbh. I kinda like the base idea of the MU a lot
I've seen CM's protag being put against Yunji from Jujutsu Kaisen and... Reimu
I honestly don't know alot about CM, so these are the only MUs i know for the series

I've seen CM's protag being put against Yunji from Jujutsu Kaisen and... Reimu
I honestly don't know alot about CM, so these are the only MUs know for the series
Ah damn, if he has a Jujutsu Kaisen match that's PROBABLY what they'd go for then, considering that series' monstrous popularity.

Kaiju No 8 is successful all things considered, one of Jump+'s biggest hits, but its not JK tier...

Wtf I'd the Reimu connection lol. Broke??? Willing to befriend demon/youkai?

Wtf I'd the Reimu connection lol. Broke??? Willing to befriend demon/youkai?
Short answer: yes
Long answer:
Both hunt down a specific race of Creatures that were made off human emotion (Devils & Youkai). Both are in crippling poverty (Denji having to pay off his to the Yakuza & Reimu trying to get Donations for her Shrine) which is the main reason they became Protectors in the first place. Both also use their jobs as way of emotionally validating themselves (Denji is desperate to feel love and be loved by someone, clinging to Makima for that reason while Reimu desires to be wanted, to have good food, and to find happiness, with her role giving her a sense of purpose and identity). Both are rude to most people they come across but deep down are pretty nice people when you get to know them. They also have a good sense of Empathy. Both also have powers relating to both The Devil & God respectively (Denji's Devil Transformation & Reimu being able to Summon Gods). Both had a person who was once a Rival who they were kinda forced to work with but soon became their best friend (Aki Hayakawa & Marisa Kirisame). Both also interact with a "God" Like Women who makes them go out and do their jobs (Makima & Yukari Yakumo) contrasting with Denji using Makima is a coping mechanism while Makima sees him as a tool & Reimu finding Yukari annoying as **** while Yukari cares about Reimu, donating to the shrine behind Her back. Both also had an Animal they relied on at one point (Pochita & Genji).

Some of these connections are weird, like calling Yukari a god but otherwise sounds alright, still preffer Mars tho

Short answer: yes
Long answer:
Both hunt down a specific race of Creatures that were made off human emotion (Devils & Youkai). Both are in crippling poverty (Denji having to pay off his to the Yakuza & Reimu trying to get Donations for her Shrine) which is the main reason they became Protectors in the first place. Both also use their jobs as way of emotionally validating themselves (Denji is desperate to feel love and be loved by someone, clinging to Makima for that reason while Reimu desires to be wanted, to have good food, and to find happiness, with her role giving her a sense of purpose and identity). Both are rude to most people they come across but deep down are pretty nice people when you get to know them. They also have a good sense of Empathy. Both also have powers relating to both The Devil & God respectively (Denji's Devil Transformation & Reimu being able to Summon Gods). Both had a person who was once a Rival who they were kinda forced to work with but soon became their best friend (Aki Hayakawa & Marisa Kirisame). Both also interact with a "God" Like Women who makes them go out and do their jobs (Makima & Yukari Yakumo) contrasting with Denji using Makima is a coping mechanism while Makima sees him as a tool & Reimu finding Yukari annoying as **** while Yukari cares about Reimu, donating to the shrine behind Her back. Both also had an Animal they relied on at one point (Pochita & Genji).

Some of these connections are weird, like calling Yukari a god but otherwise sounds alright, still preffer Mars tho
Yeah some of these are kiiiiinda iffy, pretty belgh MU for both imo.

Reimu Hakurei
She has
  • Sailor Mars
  • Sakura Kinomoto
  • Arguably Pocky (?)
  • Arguably Arle Nadja (?)
  • Arguably Yusuke Urameshi (??)
  • Some.says arguably Denji (Chainsaw Man) (???)
Sakuya Izayoi
She has
  • Hit (the top "hit")
  • Kurumi Tokisaki (Kurumi cannot take a break from fighting characters too strong to handle)
  • I-No
  • Axl Low
  • Dio (esp. Heaven Ascension DIO)
Well yes Sakuya Izayoi is a popular character who is mainly based on time abilities (esp. time slow and time stop).

Just asking: Can Homelander actually take down Jagi? (The weakest of the 4 brothers of Hokuto Shinken)

Do you feel video games are used badly nowadays? We get a lot less of them. You could argue they were the most blessed in early seasons, but does that justify their current low usage?
My immediate thoughts:

Video games are doing badly generally nowadays.
Most of the traditional AAA developers struggle... Or develops their own MMOGs and mobile games which gets more money from a small set of game addicts rather than general family gamers.
And for those who earn from general family gamers... Quite a lot of the games are not even "combat" oriented.
When Nasuverse has Fate/Grand Order, Nintendo has Pokémon Go, PUBG has PUBG Mobile, ...
We still have traditional games like Elden Ring and Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Pokémon Legends: Arceus... but... yeah. Okay Elden Ring has PVP mode but still.

She has
  • Sailor Mars
  • Sakura Kinomoto
  • Arguably Pocky (?)
  • Arguably Arle Nadja (?)
  • Arguably Yusuke Urameshi (??)
  • Some.says arguably Denji (Chainsaw Man) (???)

She has
  • Hit (the top "hit")
  • Kurumi Tokisaki (Kurumi cannot take a break from fighting characters too strong to handle)
  • I-No
  • Axl Low
  • Dio (esp. Heaven Ascension DIO)
Well yes Sakuya Izayoi is a popular character who is mainly based on time abilities (esp. time slow and time stop).

Just asking: Can Homelander actually take down Jagi? (The weakest of the 4 brothers of Hokuto Shinken)
For next time, Likely not.

For Reimu, maybe Yabusame Houlen from Len'en Project is a choice. While I have made a Reimu VS JttW Sun Wukong in DBFW, I'd admit that Sun Wukong has the hair color changer with the same name.

Last edited:
My immediate thoughts:

Most of the traditional AAA developers struggle... Or develops their own MMOGs and mobile games which gets more money from a small set of game addicts rather than general family gamers.
And for those who earn from general family gamers... Quite a lot of the games are not even "combat" oriented.
When Nasuverse has Fate/Grand Order, Nintendo has Pokémon Go, PUBG has PUBG Mobile, ...
We still have traditional games like Elden Ring and Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Pokémon Legends: Arceus... but... yeah. Okay Elden Ring has PVP mode but still.

Funny how movies hard carry comics because capers have been going downward spiral for decades lol

jiren is a garbage character lol, nobody really wants him and much less compared to other candidates, hell cooler is more in demand, it's definitely going to be bad to waste atrocitus on him.
I swear this is some of the dumbest things I have seen said, if people wanted Rey of all people to fight Korra than there's sure as hell several people that want Jiren on the show
Theres a difference between what the community wants and what Casuals you should know this by now

My immediate thoughts:

As a person who has interest in old games, I can say that we VS Battles Wiki still does not have many profiles for games
They actually didnt give Thor Odinforce. It got blackbarred.
Maybe it is because DB Team does not want
;) to be stomped by ⛈️⛈️⛈️🔨🙂🪓
(y)
?

Two JJK matches. Denji vs Yuji and Gojo vs Makima. They’re about equal in popularity nowadays.

It seems like a lot of this shit would segue to introducing Hit pretty soon so I could honestly see it.

The fact they tend to composite Manga & Anime DBS could work to Sakuya's favor depending on what level of Uni they buy for Touhou too, considering it'd introduce the weakness of being able to overpower Hit's timestop if you're stronger. (I honestly doubt DB would rank Sakuya as stronger than Hit even if she is, though...).

Though DB being on a Loss Streak makes me wonder if they'd wanna give a win...
Well, if she resists time stop normally, then they could just say she just straight up resists it

Eric Cartman vs Power
Power vs Foo Fighters, Makima vs Griffith/Funny Valentine/Tooru/the white haired dude from JJK I can’t name right now, and Yuji from JJK or Travis Touchdown vs Denji

From Ultra’s Q&A about Thorgeta

What do you think about Dragon Ball multipliers

This is purely Ultra’s opinion, but honestly the multipliers for Dragon Ball kind are starting to get a biiiiiiiiit over focused on(in the fandom). The main point of multipliers in most of the Dragon Ball fights is to act as a “benefit of the doubt” either for the Dragon Ball character's victory or their loss. For example if we extrapolate Beerus’s power outward we could probably say he’s “probably” stronger than anything we could do for Galaxia. Likewise even if Black’s power was heavily extrapolated it’s hard to imagine him getting close to Reverse flash universe destruction numbers.

But many recent forms don’t have official multipliers, so how to apply multipliers to them is pure speculation and can quickly get out of hand. Particularly because Dragon Ball's own writing isn’t always internally consistent with itself. On a whole the kind of levity some people afford to Dragon Ball some at this point proooobably wouldn’t be applied to most other series and borders on calc stacking. Not to say Dragon Ball shouldn’t have some extrapolation, but it needs to be a bit more conservative.

Definitely among the most based things I’ve read, and something our profiles for the verse need to take into account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back