• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain America can lift it

I can see anyone who is willing to break laws to save as much people as they can and are determined to keep fighting with a willingness to kill if necessary can lift it
I think comics would have higher standards, and cap could move it so the willing to break laws point is kinda moot

there was an explanation about how it worked in comics, where like it's all about your mind body and soul accepting your own worthiness or something like that, but it's why Thor suddenly became unworthy after Nick fury told him that Gorr was Right, it caused self doubt in him and like a moral crisis in Thor

there was an explanation about how it worked in comics, where like it's all about your mind body and soul accepting your own worthiness or something like that, but it's why Thor suddenly became unworthy after Nick fury told him that Gorr was Right, it caused self doubt in him and like a moral crisis in Thor
So current Goku and Vegeta can't use it, Goku needs to know what he is deep down and Vegeta needs to get over his guilt

Being worthy is like…there’s a lot. You not only need to be willing to kill, but your desire to grow mustn’t be towards an end goal. You have to want grow for the sake of protecting others.

I think Deku could lift it
I don't know, I think he's a bit more like Superman, where his own humbleness would interfere with it. Like I feel like Deku would be like " Oh well I'm not worthy, and I don't feel like I deserve this power," which would ironically create a self fulfilling prophecy of him not being able to lift it.

I think he's the only Joestar worthy
Yeah I agree, he'd be like Beta Ray Bill and lift it up without even remotely thinking about it.

Actually now that I think about it....Jonathan and Dio's relationship is actually pretty similar to Loki and Thor, pre-trying to turn Loki into a hero

Aang probably
You need to be willing to kill to lift the hammer and one of Aang's whole character traits is how much he detests killing.
I know it's joked about, but could Saitama lift Thor's hammer?
I don't think he could, Saitama's reason for fighting is for the most part out of selfish desire for a challenge, not that he doesn't fight for others on occasion but he doesn't actually actively try and fight for justice.

So, is Wonder Woman vs Thor accurate for that time? I've heard some say no and some say yes. I'd imagine Thor probably slaps with Thor force
Ehhh, it's certainly debatable but even back then, i was pretty sold on Thor winning, especially with the really bad research where they just straight up ignored almost all of his hax and extra powers and his regen and using really low balled feats, ignoring jarnbjorn, and then also compositing the shit out of Wonderwoman (giving her the speed feats from Post-Crisis, and her super never before shattered bracelets from post-crisis, but also giving her, her ultra amp she gets in new 52 but ignoring that her bracelets in new 52 are designed with that amp in mind because her bracelets shatter all the time.

Ehhh, it's certainly debatable but even back then, i was pretty sold on Thor winning, especially with the really bad research where they just straight up ignored almost all of his hax and extra powers and his regen and using really low balled feats, ignoring jarnbjorn, and then also compositing the shit out of Wonderwoman (giving her the speed feats from Post-Crisis, and her super never before shattered bracelets from post-crisis, but also giving her, her ultra amp she gets in new 52 but ignoring that her bracelets in new 52 are designed with that amp in mind because her bracelets shatter all the time.
Jarnbjorn even back then was a straightforward counter against Diana's "durability negation" magic sword. And basically her skin.
And not like Thor was that much speed blitzed, nor is Diana's durability negation power that potent.

It is sin to neglect that and make Thor far slower to get one-shot

Last edited:
Thor vs WW was one of the most highest dislike % eps when those were see able with it being in 70s range.
Not to surprising tbh, the research was deliberately skewed towards Diana (Thor having a well known multi-planet lifting feat that trumped Diana's 1/3 planet lifting feat yet it omitted), zero usage of the godblast or Diana without her weapons, the animation was literally unfinished plus the "kill" was lacking considering Thor had survived and recovered from worst not mention both were kinda underplayed considering what DB gave other herald tiers in previous episodes.

Also considering the recent backlash of WW84 Vs the hype for Love and Thunder, Thor has become more popular among the normies (overall).

Oh, so Jonathan could probably lift it
Jonathan: As a gentle man, the hammer can help me save more people from mind control!
Thor’s God Blast can one shot Diana and he statstomps with the Thor-Force. Diana debatably beats Base Thor via speed though.
But Death Battle rule is that they are in their strongest.
Thor vs WW was one of the most highest dislike % eps when those were see able with it being in 70s range.
Ben VS Hal: ?

Prediction about unknown first half episodes:
Gandalf vs Dumbledore
Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Movie Spider-Man battle royale
Morbius vs Manbat
Megamind vs Gru

Ben VS Hal: ?
"One of the worst" does not mean "the worst".
But the problem is that the episode itself flopped.

There are quite a lot of season 4 episodes which are either half-shit or just full shit.

Anyways like I said both Characters characterization is far above there last debut by the preview alone where one was just an angry brute and the other was lol TFS

Feels both would get along if they met each other
Glad the public seems generally positive towards the sneak peek and generally this matchup.

Gandalf vs Dumbledore
Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Morbius vs Manbat
Megamind vs Gru
So you predict some leaked / guessed episodes will be shifted? Like... The Tetsuo Shima episode and the Boba Fett episode?

Gandalf vs Dumbledore and Gru vs Megamind
Are the only ones plausible
I would not be surprised to see all four coming actually, but likely Gandalf vs Dumbledore and Gru vs Megamind come first. Even then not necessarily first half of season 9.

Also, not necessarily season 9 but Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin and Ragyu vs Lusamine or Kaguya when.

Buckle up.

Gandalf vs Dumbledore
Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Morbius vs Manbat
Megamind vs Gru
Knuckles vs Juggernaut would be great, genuinely one of my most wanted MUs but i think it's too new to happen
I still hope it does, lol

I think he and Thor would really struggle to get along at first, but after a while I could see them trading stories of all the fights and wacky shit they've been through.

Conceptually Thor vs WW had decent choreography and I remember liking the music.

But it sure is very rough and verdict is still spotty by S4 standards.

EDIT: Oh yeah, both Vegeta & Thor dealt with moons in their fight. Will it happen again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back